ugobo

I own a MFLB for about four months and i love it very much! I noticed a small coating of oil beneath the trench and was wondering what you do guys to clean it. Or maybe it does'nt matter?
I just have the impression that it plays a role in the taste of vapor...

Anyways,sorry if that topic as been addressed but this thread is HUGE!!!

ugobo,

OF

I noticed a small coating of oil beneath the trench and was wondering what you do guys to clean it.

Anyways,sorry if that topic as been addressed but this thread is HUGE!!!

Best advice is to leave it. It causes no real issues (within reason), and guys have wrecked their boxes trying to mess with it.

And of course it's been asked LOTS before. It's covered quite well in Pakalolo's excellent Wiki page, have you read it?

OF

ugobo

Best advice is to leave it. It causes no real issues (within reason), and guys have wrecked their boxes trying to mess with it.

And of course it's been asked LOTS before. It's covered quite well in Pakalolo's excellent Wiki page, have you read it?

OF

Thanks for the reply OF. Yes,i read the whole Vaporpedia MFLB's page after using it once without expected results. Did'nt know that Pakalolo was the one responsible for it though. Well done job! I've learned a lot from this page but somehow it seems that this little detail escaped my memory device!

So i will leave the oil coating alone. I was afraid that it might accumulate and touch the trench and cause combustion... Thanks again OF for the quick reply!

ugobo,

OF

Thanks for the reply OF.

So i will leave the oil coating alone. I was afraid that it might accumulate and touch the trench and cause combustion... Thanks again OF for the quick reply!

You're welcome.

I don't recall anyone getting enough buildup to reach the trench, but I suppose it could happen someday? There was a tip from MF the other day, more like an insight IMO, moist herb is what leads to buildup. Many of us habitually use very dry fine ground bud in our MFLBs and have basically no fouling issues. MF brought this to our attention.

Keeping you load dry going in seems to have dual advantages of easier vaping (also saving battery power....) and less (to 'none') deposits. "Dry and fine" seems to be the call.

Good luck, enjoy the device, it's a good one. Like several others it's 'owner friendly' in that it will help you learn how to use it if you experiment around a bit and follow successes.

OF

poonman

OF

Yes ,
I think that is how I wrecked my LB ,
By sticking an iso soaked q-tip in the opening to clean underneath the trench .

I would suggest you stand the mflb upside down ,after use , and let the heated resin run down and out the opening . I have the long whip , and I can balance it on the edge of the table . ( whip hanging down )
And see the resin stain and covered the stem and whip , over the next few days .
Or just sit it on top of a rolling paper for re-claiming .

I too worry about the resin touching the trench screen .

Hope that helped .

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've never had a problem with the oil buildup. When I use it native I can see it "run" except it never makes it out the mouthpiece and into my mouth. In fact, it never really runs out from the floor of the box. I did, however, make a small tool to brush some of it up/out. What I did was take one of those 99c paint brushes that you can get at Home Depot, they have a small black sponge on one side, a piece of plastic that holds it together, and the wooden handle. I cut a small square from the unused brush, and then wrapped a paperclip around it to hold it in place. Trimmed it down to size, and it works well. Just small enough to clear the screen, and I can get some pretty nice results with removing the oil. I still don't know how to harvest it from the sponge, though. I think I'm okay with the occasional stem oil, if I had any more access to it I would mess up my tolerance! I don't have a camera handy, so this Paint picture should help you better understand what I mean.

tip8e.png

vapirtoo

Cute picture, looks like my 8 year old did it :lol: .
I guess all of us have thought about reclaiming all
of that gold underneath the trench, but be careful.
MF states that all of this cleaning is not needed ( forgot
how to spell necessary).
I've wondered about letting the resin run out of the hole
after a long session and the whole box is very warm, but
by that time i was so vaked that I forgot to do it.
I do believe that the resin would be sick. :ko: :ko:
I'm too much of a punk to risk messin' with my box
to reclaim anything, but I'm open to any conservative
reclaiming techniques such as yours.

vapirtoo,

poonman

Cute picture, looks like my 8 year old did it :lol: .
I guess all of us have thought about reclaiming all
of that gold underneath the trench, but be careful.
MF states that all of this cleaning is not needed ( forgot
how to spell necessary).
I've wondered about letting the resin run out of the hole
after a long session and the whole box is very warm, but
by that time i was so vaked that I forgot to do it.
I do believe that the resin would be sick. :ko: :ko:
I'm too much of a punk to risk messin' with my box
to reclaim anything, but I'm open to any conservative
reclaiming techniques such as yours.

The resin is sick and thicker too ,
and it looks even darker than the resin reclaimed from my NO2 and Solo .
I find it even more potent than the reclaim I get from the other 2 units .:shrug:
No shit , I can't explain it . I used the same herbs .
Plus it tastes like" hash " reclaim too .
I for one , look forward to my resin , to add that little " kick " to my coffee .:rockon:

Does anyone else ?
Or
Am I just forever " entrenched " with the mflb , I'll like anything related ?
Yes , Pun intended .

Happy Cannabizing from Toronto Y'all

vapirtoo

You Canadians are just the" shit " with your liberal
mj laws an all.
I find the reclaim on all of my vapes
to be overwhelming and I'm still experimenting.
How are you pulling out this resin from your LB?
You have me thinking about tearing apart my LB :uhoh:
to get at that golden nectar. ( It would have to be
the last herb on the planet for me to do that).

vapirtoo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've disconnected the lightbulb on my old box scraping the resin. Could be worse, could be the screen. Be really careful scraping resin from that place. Never lift scraping tool so it won't touch the screen and never go too deep so you won't damage the light.

vapirtoo

Are you sure its disconnected not just covered in goo. I've
had success sticking freshly plucked random backyard weed
stems and carefully spinning the raw stem into the draw hole
all the way into the light to clear it from debris. :2c:

vapirtoo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You Canadians are just the" shit " with your liberal
mj laws an all.
I find the reclaim on all of my vapes
to be overwhelming and I'm still experimenting.
How are you pulling out this resin from your LB?
You have me thinking about tearing apart my LB :uhoh:
to get at that golden nectar. ( It would have to be
the last herb on the planet for me to do that).

Actually our marijuana laws just got a lot tighter and were never all that liberal. It's the enforcement and public tolerance that are liberal. It's really not an ideal situation because if you get the wrong cop, you can get really hassled. Ask weedemon.

Edited to add: In another thread.

pakalolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It was disconnected. I pushed the scaping tool too far and it broke the left wire going from the bulb. Tearing it at top part where it was welded to the rail. I know that resin builds up also on the bulb, but for me it never covered completely and is a very slow process unless you don't clear vapor ending your draws. When the bulb was getting dull, I've cleaned it.

But it was the old box anyway and months ago I just warned to be careful, that box is already warrantied and it's screen torn apart.

Seek,

poonman

It was disconnected. I pushed the scaping tool too far and it broke the left wire going from the bulb. Tearing it at top part where it was welded to the rail. I know that resin builds up also on the bulb, but for me it never covered completely and is a very slow process unless you don't clear vapor ending your draws. When the bulb was getting dull, I've cleaned it.

But it was the old box anyway and months ago I just warned to be careful, that box is already warrantied and it's screen torn apart.

My light bulb got brighter after the iso cleaning , I guess there was a lot of gunk stuck on it .
But still not recommended , I'm sure .

As for reclaim ;
I just stand the LB upside down after use .
I have the long whip that hangs down and balances it on the edge of the table .
The heated resin will eventually run down thru the stem and the whip . ( it takes a few days to get gunky )
Or
I also stand it alone on top of a rolling paper ....BOOOO , sorry .

poonman,

Quetzalcoatl

brought my MFLB to the beach today. must say, what a great experience that was! made the beach even more relaxing and enjoyable that usual. definitely thinking about making that stealth disguise from a 'Capri Sun' juice pouch for maximum stealthiness :ninja:
I rocked it at the beach a few months ago as well, just sat under the gazebo hitting it every few minutes, holding in the hits as long as possible. Liftoff after 5 minutes, and NO ONE was any wiser ;)

Quetzalcoatl,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
and NO ONE was any wiser ;)

I know right? even my girlfriend has really let up on when/where i can vape with my MFLB cause she's noticed truly how discreet it is. Today at the beach to make sure i would attract the least attention as possible, i hit my LB native when i hit it with a stem 99% of the time. my girlfriend was asked 'you can use it without the mouthpiece?' (meaning the stem) and i nodded so i got a simple 'huh' as a reply haha.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

axilleus

Believe is Life!
axilleus,

X24

Taking the MFLB on a walk this afternoon with a nice Sativa-dominant strain. Should be fun times. :)

X24,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Just popped in to say I still love my LB. I haven't been to FC in some time, but wanted to ask if there's anything out there beyond the Powerex in mah?

willieR,

Quetzalcoatl

Just popped in to say I still love my LB. I haven't been to FC in some time, but wanted to ask if there's anything out there beyond the Powerex in mah?
Well, as of right now, the best solution would be the power adapter, but that's not too portable... Yeah, I have 2700s as well and those were nice.

Quetzalcoatl,

GOATPUSSY

I don't know what it is but my PEARSTONE batteries from b&h photo in NYC make my box glow bright. I *think* they may even run the box hotter than my powerexs. Used them over the weekend and was able to get three trench loads out of one battery. It still worked fine after that but I don't usually let them drain that low. They are the 2600 versions which seem discontinued on their site but I noticed a lower mah version. Perhaps these are like imedions... Not sure. I'll have to try them out. I also like the 8 bay charger for them. Works just as well as my laCrosse and Wizard...

Anyone else use these PEARSTONES??

GOATPUSSY,

rhc974

4:20 Vapor
...wanted to ask if there's anything out there beyond the Powerex in mah?

Hey if I can piggyback on the battery question I have the MFLB batteries and the charger and I purchased 4 DigiPower batteries and charger. Even using the batteries in the charger they came with they get they batteries to hot the charger aren't hot but batteries are to hot to hold. I understand PowerEx batteries are the best and will re-supply with those in the future.

My question, is there a charger that is noted as the best Charger or one that will charge my two or three different battery manufactures?
Thanks

rhc974,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Well, as of right now, the best solution would be the power adapter, but that's not too portable... Yeah, I have 2700s as well and those were nice.
cant wait till I get my PA + MFLB slide for my new blizzzzong!

Cereal_MF,
Top Bottom