Coastal

Oh yeah, I always get the stems out, seeds, etc. I just take a handfull of cleaned herb and grind it till till the fine powder starts collecting on the top of the domed cover. I scrape it out and grind more until it doesn't collect there anymore. I grind for a minute or 2. That stuff is mighty powerful. I guess it's got more resin and may even be mostly that. I put that in one side of the contact lens case and the rest in the other side. Definitely a difference.

I have a Proctor-Silex E-160B coffee grinder. You can get 'em online for less than 20 bux, easy to clean and very small. The domed top has a flat area and that somehow allows the swirling contents to deposit the finer stuff on the inside of the cover. As you grind it gets thicker.

I have never found a better grinder. Brush out the contents with an electric razor cleaning brush. Cleans out easy with isoprop. Not sure how well it grinds coffee lol.

skippy

Oh yeah, I always get the stems out, seeds, etc. I just take a handfull of cleaned herb and grind it till till the fine powder starts collecting on the top of the domed cover. I scrape it out and grind more until it doesn't collect there anymore. I grind for a minute or 2. That stuff is mighty powerful. I guess it's got more resin and may even be mostly that. I put that in one side of the contact lens case and the rest in the other side. Definitely a difference.

I have a Proctor-Silex E-160B coffee grinder. You can get 'em online for less than 20 bux, easy to clean and very small. The domed top has a flat area and that somehow allows the swirling contents to deposit the finer stuff on the inside of the cover. As you grind it gets thicker.

I have never found a better grinder. Brush out the contents with an electric razor cleaning brush. Cleans out easy with isoprop. Not sure how well it grinds coffee lol.
Yep I use a coffee grinder too, I don't think you can beat them. I usually grind about two weeks worth at a time. As for vaping over smoking, I use to use about an ounce a month, now I only use two ounces a year.

skippy,
Reactions: Coastal

vapirtoo

Hey family just an observation, I visited my buddy and he showed me his shiny new PA.
During our session he noted that my batts seemed to hit harder then his PA.
The light in his LB wasn't working ,but I had my LB and indeed the batts were much brighter
than his PA set at max.

I tried to tighten the plunger on his PA but it was tight. It seems that his PA at max
was the same as my beta PA at 75%( which is my sweet spot). He really did not care as he was still getting ripped with his set up.

I also fixed his light by inserting the stem from some random plant from his yard into the
mouth piece and twirling it in all the way while the bulb was hot. The fresh stem removed most of
the gunk from the lamp and now it shines fine. I have also done this on my box using some other
raw weed stem from my yard to clean the lamp.
The stem is about as thick as the thin part of a Q-tip and the moisture of the raw plant aids
in the cleaning while remaining soft enough not to damage the screen or the light.

Cleaning that LB can be the most damaging thing most of us do to our boxes, so please use care.

I still use the original grinder that came with the box. Like Skippy, I find that pre-grinding and letting
the herbs dry makes the best vapor.

OF

Hey family just an observation, I visited my buddy and he showed me his shiny new PA.
During our session he noted that my batts seemed to hit harder then his PA.

I also fixed his light by inserting the stem from some random plant from his yard into the
mouth piece and twirling it in all the way while the bulb was hot. The fresh stem removed most of
the gunk from the lamp and now it shines fine.

Cleaning that LB can be the most damaging thing most of us do to our boxes, so please use care.

I still use the original grinder that came with the box. Like Skippy, I find that pre-grinding and letting
the herbs dry makes the best vapor.

Excellent post, lots of good stuff. Sorry the PA seems weak, if it were mine I'd be looking for service. It's not normal, even if it's OK now, I'd be worried about the future.

I love the 'clean the bulb' trick, you should sell special sticks..... I agree, cleaning is dangerous, but often necessary. I also agree with what MF said a while back, dry herb keeps the box clean. None of mine have excessive build ups, and some have been used a LOT.

"Keep it fine and dry" seems a good rule?

Thanks for the post, it's a good 'un.

OF

OF,

GNubz

it's crazy this thread is almost at 700 pages. the simplicity and functionality of the mflb definitely deserve every comment and page though. my two year anniversary with my box is coming up and i still don't really have any complaints with it. these days i tend to use it strictly for keif which i think it's perfect for. i've introduced many of my friends to the box and everyone that has bought one has quickly fallen it love with it.

GNubz,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I got a bit too medicated last night and fell asleep at my computer... in my defense, I've had a rough couple of days of work.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

Dude how can you sleep sitting up? I would fall out of my chair...:mmmm:
Almost 7 years of opiate use... you learn how to sit properly so you don't fall over ;) Been ~4 weeks clean, slipped up once but I'm back on track. Too much damn CBD!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Lo

OF

Dude how can you sleep sitting up? I would fall out of my chair...

Practice.

You know the old NY joke, 'how do you get to Carnegie Hall?' Practice, practice, practice.

Or the first corollary (and my personal favorite NY joke), "Excuse me, is there any chance you'll tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall or should I just go fu** myself?"......

Too much damn CBD!

Wish I knew where that line was, I wanna stop just this side of it sometimes.....

OF

FatalityxF

Almost 7 years of opiate use... you learn how to sit properly so you don't fall over ;) Been ~4 weeks clean, slipped up once but I'm back on track. Too much damn CBD!
Sup bud, remember me?
I left right around when Infinity came back to say hi after the whole fiasco.
Been clean too, was for about a year and a half and following my wisdom teeth removal dabbled once with my girlfriend on OC. I had to just show her the experience like a gentleman.

How you been man?

More on topic, MF's email response time is sluggishly slow, been running an email trail with them for 3 weeks waiting to send my box in, troubleshooting and all. Responses are 4-6 days apart. Ugh.
Because of this I ordered a new box with Amazon Prime, serial number above the millions (I think, it's not 10 million is it)? Well, the screen is TAN now.. And the box looks a lot nicer than my current one. Excited :)

FatalityxF,

poonman

Sup bud, remember me?
I left right around when Infinity came back to say hi after the whole fiasco.
Been clean too, was for about a year and a half and following my wisdom teeth removal dabbled once with my girlfriend on OC. I had to just show her the experience like a gentleman.

How you been man?

More on topic, MF's email response time is sluggishly slow, been running an email trail with them for 3 weeks waiting to send my box in, troubleshooting and all. Responses are 4-6 days apart. Ugh.
Because of this I ordered a new box with Amazon Prime, serial number above the millions (I think, it's not 10 million is it)? Well, the screen is TAN now.. And the box looks a lot nicer than my current one. Excited :)

I've been good ,
I've been real good .
Yeah , I remember you ,
You're the one with teeth right ? :)

Re; response time .
I was just in your situation last week .
Contact BigDaddyVapor on this thread .
Instant response . ( even on Sunday evening )

Hey BDV ,
I'm having a problem providing a copy of receipt . step 7
That can't be a deal breaker in re: to my warranty replacement, correct ?
Especially if I provide the photo of my mflb with legit serial # ?

poonman,

Quetzalcoatl

How you been man?

Crazy!! I dunno if you kept lurking or got off the board altogether, but I'm gonna shoot you a PM in a sec.

MF got back to me within two hours of opening up after I sent them an email at midnight... Not sure what their situation is. A few people have mentioned that they think that MF is overloaded right now due to popularity or something... dunno, I've been on good terms with them so far.

Quetzalcoatl,

FatalityxF

I've been good ,
I've been real good .
Yeah , I remember you ,
You're the one with teeth right ? :)

Re; response time .
I was just in your situation last week .

Hey BDV ,
Yeah man really nice to see you! Been forever, right?
Haha thanks for the tip though, but I'm not sure if I should seeing as I've already started correspondence with them. We shall see.

FatalityxF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Hey BDV ,

Apparently BigDaddyVapor is on an involuntary sabbatical for another two days or so. As to your question, you don't need a receipt, the serial number is enough.

pakalolo,
Reactions: poonman

banana_republic

Hello,

Let me share some photos of the first flight launched yesterday with my brand new box. A special place chosen for a very special occasion... ;)

IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

Cheers!!

OF

quote="banana_republic, post: 252924, member: 8730"]Hello,

Let me share some photos of the first flight launched yesterday with my brand new box. A special place chosen for a very special occasion... ;)

[/quote]

Special place indeed! You should give guided tours..... I bet the grateful tourists would keep your stash jar full, best tips going.

Beautiful Box, BTW, but easily upstaged by the setting. You're indeed fortunate to live in such a place. Beats the inner city by a WIDE margin.

Thanks for sharing.

OF

OF,

banana_republic

Special place indeed! You should give guided tours..... I bet the grateful tourists would keep your stash jar full, best tips going.

Beautiful Box, BTW, but easily upstaged by the setting. You're indeed fortunate to live in such a place. Beats the inner city by a WIDE margin.

Thanks for sharing.

OF
Thanks for being so kind, OF! :)

Well, actually I work as tourist guide and run a project on outdoor activities with a group of friends down here. This is a very special place, with plenty natural resources to be shared to everyone, apart from its big city (10 million more or less inhabitants) side lots of people come here looking for...

BTW, that toy, ops I mean, the box is awesome! Still some to learn as i found the ABV darker than what I'd like it to, but found it super simple, small and effective.

Cheers!

banana_republic,
Reactions: OF

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
I agree, this vape is really amazing. It's been so good to me for so long.

I am sure this has been talked about already but how many of you guys are running your mflb through a water pipe?

storybookhero,

Quetzalcoatl

I agree, this vape is really amazing. It's been so good to me for so long.

I am sure this has been talked about already but how many of you guys are running your mflb through a water pipe?
You rang?

That plus the PA basically made this my to-go piece wherever I go. Today, however... I had to suck it up and actually combust! It was some pretty darn high quality stuff, so the smoke was smooth and not that irritating at all, but damnit... Oh well, it was worth it. Got to see a great friend today from farther north. Lungs still feelin' okay. I've got to vape a lot more now to keep the tars out... now, if you'll excuse me, I've always wondered what it's like vaping before a nice steak dinner :science:

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Nick Brand

Leo

Hi,

I own a MFLB and the optional power adapter.
I also have the MF Nano grinder made for the LB.

After filling the trench, how do I get to the biggest, most medicated state? I want to be able to get totally blasted.

Should I set the temperature low and take more hits or should I turn up the power and take huge hits?

Is it best to take sips or a long continuous draw?

I do not have medical grade material but it is quite good.

If I fill my box/whip vaporizer bowl halfway and take 2 or 3 huge hits I get totally wasted. I want to be able to duplicate that powerful hit me on the head with a sledge hammer type high.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Leo,
Top Bottom