BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
If I were to rip someone off, I wouldn't suddenly decide not to just because of a warranty.

There are some shady mofos out there...

And those people, are a write-off (no real monetary loss).

I'm willing to bet, far more people honor their obligation, than actively steal from Magic-Flight.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

skippy

I'm willing to bet, far more people honor their obligation, than actively steal from Magic-Flight.

Yea like you said in an earlier post, companies like MFLB just don't exist anymore.

skippy,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Definitely, but I bet this is strictly for loss prevention, or at least as much of it as they can to keep the integrity of the company.

Anyways, I'm loving this whip! Took the o-ring out and now I just pop the battery in and it heats for as long as i keep it in. Way fun B)

Quetzalcoatl,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Wait... so once something goes wrong with your MFLB and they replace it, the lifetime warranty is void? You can no longer get another replacement if something goes wrong again? I thought they replaced it as many times as necessary. :( Now that I think of it though, they'd probably go out of business in a trice if they did...

JeeSee,

420poak

^That's wrong. Your warranty is void if you don't return the box or show proof of destruction.

If you return the box or show proof of destruction each time you use your warranty, then they will replace your box as often as you wish.

420poak,

Quetzalcoatl

Wait... so once something goes wrong with your MFLB and they replace it, the lifetime warranty is void? You can no longer get another replacement if something goes wrong again? I thought they replaced it as many times as necessary. :( Now that I think of it though, they'd probably go out of business in a trice if they did...
We're talking about what will happen if you try to scam them for a free box, ie you get it warrantied and they send you the new vape expecting you to send the old broken one in after. If you try to scam them, the serial numbers of the boxes basically get blacklisted and they carry no warranty. AFAIK, MF will replace your box over and over so long as it's actually broken and there was nothing shady like what we discussed associated with the serial number.

Quetzalcoatl,

420poak

Well MF replied to me yesterday (on a sunday - WTF?) and they're sending my box within 3-4 business days. They said shipping can take up to 30 days because of customs though :o. I hope it won't take that long cause I really miss that little vape!

420poak,

sektr

I'm currently LOVING my MFLB with the Powerex 2700 mAh batteries, but I feel like I'm missing something, between hit consistency, vapor density, and temp control.

I am debating between dropping around $250-$300 on a SSV, $200 on a DBV, or saving some money and getting the $50 power adaptor for the MFLB, which from what I hear solves most of my problems, then using the rest on bud.

What benefit would I get by spending the extra money on a desktop vs. just the MFLB w/ AC adaptor?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm currently LOVING my MFLB with the Powerex 2700 mAh batteries, but I feel like I'm missing something, between hit consistency, vapor density, and temp control.

I am debating between dropping around $250-$300 on a SSV, $200 on a DBV, or saving some money and getting the $50 power adaptor for the MFLB, which from what I hear solves most of my problems, then using the rest on bud.

What benefit would I get by spending the extra money on a desktop vs. just the MFLB w/ AC adaptor?

The main difference will be bigger hits and easier to have an even vaporization in a DBV/SSV. With the adaptor you can lower the velocity of the temperature rising allowing for a better control without accidental charring.

vorrange,

Leo

Hi,

I just purchased a Launch box and although I love the vaporizer I dislike having to deal with the batteries.

Has anyone purchased the AC adapter and the car adapter so you can bypass the need for batteries?

I'd like to get one but the combo cost $70!

Thanks,

Leo.

Leo,

Quetzalcoatl

The power adapter only costs 1/4 of what the other two cost, and if it doesn't work out then you can get most (if not all) your money back from the Classified section here :)

The other vapes deliver thicker vapor

Quetzalcoatl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Just got my long walnut stem and brushes from Magic Flight. I already vaped using the new stem, and it's going to take some getting used to. I may like Ed's shorter stem when it gets here. I'll have to compare both for a while. :)

I do love that fact that it matches my exotic LB perfectly. :D

sektr

The power adapter only costs 1/4 of what the other two cost, and if it doesn't work out then you can get most (if not all) your money back from the Classified section here :)

The other vapes deliver thicker vapor

I'm assuming thicker vapor = less hits to get high?

Also, anyone have any tips on how to get the glue off of peeled batteries? I have no WD40 or Goo Gone.

sektr,

Quetzalcoatl

I'm assuming thicker vapor = less hits to get high?

Also, anyone have any tips on how to get the glue off of peeled batteries? I have no WD40 or Goo Gone.
Consistent heating will give a more efficient and effective vaporization, so assuming you get a desktop/ac powered vaporizer, you should get thicker hits, thicker delivering more cannabinoids at once. The only bottleneck here is how long you hold it in and how efficiently your lungs can absorb it.

I rubbed the glue off with my thumbs, it takes a bit to do each battery but I rewarded myself with some hits from the vape after every battery. ;)

Quetzalcoatl,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi,

I just purchased a Launch box and although I love the vaporizer I dislike having to deal with the batteries.

Has anyone purchased the AC adapter and the car adapter so you can bypass the need for batteries?

I'd like to get one but the combo cost $70!

Thanks,

Leo.

I have both the PA and the car adapter and am very happy with both. For long car rides it's great. I have an outlet in the armrest of my car. I would imagine those that camp (that ended a long time ago for me...:lol: ) it would be really handy too. You wouldn't have to rely on batteries.

Many like the PA because it is easier to keep a consistent heat, which helps eliminate charring. Others like it because you can vape at lower (or higher) temps; it gives some variety. And some like it because, like you, they don't like messing around with the batteries.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Just got my long walnut stem and brushes from Magic Flight. I already vaped using the new stem, and it's going to take some getting used to. I may like Ed's shorter stem when it gets here. I'll have to compare both for a while. :)

I do love that fact that it matches my exotic LB perfectly. :D

Wow, I'm stunned. Magic Flight just called me back. Last week, I called them to add a car charger to my stem and brush order, but they never called me back before it shipped. Well, tonight said they are going to mail me a car charger out tomorrow, for free! I know I have said it before, but Magic Flight is awesome! This kind of customer is so rare, but SO much appreciated! If anyone ever wants to question Magic Flight's customer service, don't. They go above and beyond to help their customers! AND, they make wonderful products. :D

I also highly recommend "The Tiny Book of Essential Wisdom that Magic Flight sells. It is a book of aphorism's. A short sentence of an essential principle or truth. I have already read a lot of my copy, and LOVE IT! :)

skippy

Wow, you cant beat FREE. They do have great service, even their main distributor here in Australia has exceptional service. I cant fault them, if all companies were as good as this we would live in a pretty special world.

skippy,

Quetzalcoatl

I sit, eagerly awaiting news of the concentrate "pad"/ "attachment". I am curious to see the design. I can't wait for the unveiling.
I think it will be a non-conductive sort of 'sandwich' pad where you place the concentrate in between two pads and then place it in the box, but heat will make concentrates ru... not sure if the box would get them hot enough to do this, though.

Any other speculation?

Quetzalcoatl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I sit, eagerly awaiting news of the concentrate "pad"/ "attachment". I am curious to see the design. I can't wait for the unveiling.

Same here!! I plan to pick one up as soon as it is released. :)

Damn, I just talked to Magic Flight on the phone. I could have asked them about this then! :doh:

Vicki,

OF

As long as we're speculating here I'm thinking some sort of insulating mat. Maybe silica or fiberglass? It can't be metallic as I see it for electrical reasons.

OF

OF,

Markus

Has anyone used any sort of a steamroller attachment? BigDaddy mentioned the idea of a turkey baster. I found this one on amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-5897-Glass-Baster/dp/B0000CFSHX
It's glass and the size of the tip looks like about the right fit for my whip. I'll report back when I get it.
I'd be interested in hearing if any better options for a steamroller are out there. I got my bubbler, pump-fill bags, whips, and a steamroller would round it off nicely. I can't wait.

Markus,

Leo

I have both the PA and the car adapter and am very happy with both. For long car rides it's great. I have an outlet in the armrest of my car. I would imagine those that camp (that ended a long time ago for me...:lol: ) it would be really handy too. You wouldn't have to rely on batteries.

Many like the PA because it is easier to keep a consistent heat, which helps eliminate charring. Others like it because you can vape at lower (or higher) temps; it gives some variety. And some like it because, like you, they don't like messing around with the batteries.

I also live in Florida and in the summer it's 90+ degrees outside so there is no way to leave batteries in the car and difficult to always carry around. The AC/Auto adapter makes it possible for someone to use the Launch box in the car.

Leo,
Reactions: Lo

DasBlunt

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with MFLB warranty and service. I bought a box used, and somehow I only checked the function of the light and heating, I never looked closely at the screen and it has a big hole in it. I went through the process to warranty it, and they said the box had been warrantied already.

Magic Flight clearly says in their Warranty FAQs, that the box being warrantied needs to be sent back to extend the warranty to the NEW box, not the other way around, which now Magic Flight is telling me, and they will not warranty the old box.

This completely goes against their own policies about resale, and screws anyone who gets screwed by asshole sellers.

The person who did not send the old box back is the one screwed, not the person holding the damaged box....per their own warranty. If I had not read this on their site, I would have never bought used.

DasBlunt,

OF

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with MFLB warranty and service. I bought a box used, and somehow I only checked the function of the light and heating, I never looked closely at the screen and it has a big hole in it. I went through the process to warranty it, and they said the box had been warrantied already.

Magic Flight clearly says in their Warranty FAQs, that the box being warrantied needs to be sent back to extend the warranty to the NEW box, not the other way around, which now Magic Flight is telling me, and they will not warranty the old box.

This completely goes against their own policies about resale, and screws anyone who gets screwed by asshole sellers.

The person who did not send the old box back is the one screwed, not the person holding the damaged box....per their own warranty. If I had not read this on their site, I would have never bought used.

Bummer. Sorry you got ripped off.

But let's be clear, the black hat belongs to the dirtbag that sold it to you. He's the one that misrepresented it as a legal unit, not MF. The fraud is right there. The legal aspects of the warranty I'm sure support this, it's pretty standard ("boiler plate") stuff. Your only 'actionable options' rest with the seller AFAIK, MF has no contract with you (a statement on their web site is meaningless under contract law 'alone') They have to be in a relationship to you for you to have a claim on them. The legal concept is "Quid pro quo", you can look it up, but usually it involves exchange of interests (you get the box, they get the bucks). You have no contract with them, you have no claim based on their contract with the original buyer. As I understand the law.

MFLB could probably invalidate the new warranty for the thief since he never returned the old box (failure to perform), but they would still not be obligated to replace it for you although I suspect they would out of good will? As it stands I understand they're not wanting to support this and suspect most guys can as well, but wish there was something else to do besides essentially charging the rest of us who play honestly a bit more to cover the loss. It would also be good to 'out' the thief so the rest of us don't get taken in by him? Not sure how to do that.

Again, sorry for your loss. Perhaps Blisssville can make you a good guy offer on a bare box, even though I think they have no obligations to do so and every reason not to?

You buy such gear to enjoy, it's going to be very hard for that to happen here seems to me.

Bummer.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Lo
Top Bottom