J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
You can probably find rubbing alcohol from a pharmacy - it's used for cuts and is around 70% alcohol. I'm in the UK and get 99.9% ISO

J.R.R.Tokin',

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just placed an online order with Magic-Flight Sales. I was just going to order extra brushes, and saw the wooden stems. So, I picked up one maple stem (to go with my exotic MFLB) and three extra brushes. I can't wait to try the new stem! I usually use clear acrylic stems, but I think I'll be able to get used to a wooden stem too. :D

SmokingElectricity

Vaping straight hash isn't a good idea because you will most certainly gunk up your screen, but if you chop it up into very small pieces and mix it with some fine ground herb, you should have no problems.

I do this often.

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
I've been vaping bubble hash for a few months in an old warranty mflb and it definetly has gunked up/fucked up the screen quite a bit. You have to pull through the device super hard to get vapor, it feels like a clogged pipe compared to my new mflb (no hash). Its all been bubble hash that ive used and im pretty sure it wouldnt work with the rolling paper method like some full melt/bho hashes that are used for it. Actually ill just try it right now, wanted to play some late night diablo III anyways

Vaporgin.,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
That would be excellent. Please do report back with what you find. The hash here varies all the time when it comes to consistency - sometimes it's like PlayDoh and sometimes hard/brittle as dung. Through years of experience I've found not to judge it by the consistency - contrary to popular myth, some brittle varieties can fuck you up bad as well. Personal preference (solely based on how it smells, feels and tastes, not the strength) leans to more of a soft buttery kind though.
SmokingElectricity - Do you think it'd be more advisable to use the hard, chunky variety if I'm crumbling it into little pieces and putting it on top of a bed of herb... or does it not matter, because it becomes a bit of a gunky mess anyway?
Also, the pot you get here in India can be a bit moist straight out the bag... should I dry it out completely before using it? And when you smoke the pot here pure (with no tobacco), there's a thick tar residue build-up on the inside of the roach (or the tip/filter, depending on what part of the world you're from). I know this comes from the weed being inferior quality, because it didn't happen to me when I was in Amsterdam. What I want to ask is, do you think just vaping this pot could clog up my Box with this gunk?

JeeSee,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Through years of experience I've found not to judge it by the consistency - contrary to popular myth, some brittle varieties can fuck you up bad as well.
I think the strength of hash is mostly dependent from what herb it was made and how it was cooked. Plasticky hashes are just more clean - can be a bit more powerful as there is less leaf material.
SmokingElectricity - Do you think it'd be more advisable to use the hard, chunky variety if I'm crumbling it into little pieces and putting it on top of a bed of herb... or does it not matter, because it becomes a bit of a gunky mess anyway?
I think ou are right with every idea here. Its better to use chunky so you can crumble it. It's better that way. But it will melt a bit - needs a bed of herb.

Also, the pot you get here in India can be a bit moist straight out the bag... should I dry it out completely before using it?
You can vape it moist, but it will take your more hits (first hits will dry the herb mostly), thus more battery power. If you want to be economical with your batteries you should vape dried herb.

And when you smoke the pot here pure (with no tobacco), there's a thick tar residue build-up on the inside of the roach (or the tip/filter, depending on what part of the world you're from). I know this comes from the weed being inferior quality, because it didn't happen to me when I was in Amsterdam. What I want to ask is, do you think just vaping this pot could clog up my Box with this gunk?
Everytime you smoke it gunks up with tar and soot. I don't get it why you didn't experiece it with Amsterdam weed. Maybe it was less "tarry". Anyway tar isn't released with vaping, only goodies you want. And these goodies can condense aswell and builds up very pure hash-like mass. It's consistency is tar-like, yet softer, and it is resin-colored and highly active, not stinky as tar at all.
This "wand hash" is imo the most powerful and purest hash possible.
When your stem get amber colored inside, go reclaim it. It's great.

Seek,
Reactions: JeeSee

OF

Anyone know what the equivalent in Europe/Scandinavia would be for the ISO used to clean the screen in the LB?

I understand 'methylated spirits' are available? Ethanol (drinking kind) contaminated with Methanol (wood alcohol) to make it not drinkable. Called 'denatured alcohol' sometimes, it's also used in the paint industry I understand. This too should work well and typically contains no water.

OF

OF,

SmokingElectricity

I would actually layer it.

small layer of herb

the hash

small layer of herb

This way it will melt on top of you herb, instead of the screen. Definitely dry out your herb prior to this. Also, the finer the grind, the better. Even finer than your normal MFLB grind consistency. Turn it into powder. After 2 or 3 hits, start blending the herb and hash together with something gentle [I have this tiny baby spoon which is perfect for this] This is why you want to turn the herb into powder. It will coat the outside surface area of the hash, making so it won't stick to the screen. This should work with all kinds of hash.

SmokingElectricity,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just placed an online order with Magic-Flight Sales. I was just going to order extra brushes, and saw the wooden stems. So, I picked up one maple stem (to go with my exotic MFLB) and three extra brushes. I can't wait to try the new stem! I usually use clear acrylic stems, but I think I'll be able to get used to a wooden stem too. :D

**Couldn't edit my post

I didn't get a maple stem, I picked up a walnut stem. It matches my exotic MFLB perfectly. I hope they mail out my order today! :D

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I hope you enjoy your stem Vicki. I have stems for my LB from Ed in cocobolo and cherry. Love them for a little variety once in a while. ;)

momofthegoons,

stuey

You're welcome, no charge......

Good luck. Good thing is for most guys a small bottle lasts a very long time.

OF

Yeah, at a rough guess you use about 5ml per clean

You probably only clean once every 2 weeks

So 100ml is about a years worth.

stuey,
Reactions: Frank38

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I hope you enjoy your stem Vicki. I have stems for my LB from Ed in cocobolo and cherry. Love them for a little variety once in a while. ;)

Thanks mom! :)

What do you like about your stems? I'm curious how the taste will change from using acrylic stems. My homemade acrylic stems are only about an inch long, and I noticed the wooden stems are really long!

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Which is your favorite and why?
My favorite of the two wood stems is the cocobolo. I love that it is smooth as glass.

What do you like about your stems? I'm curious how the taste will change from using acrylic stems.

Mostly the variety. They cool the vapor differently and do give a slightly different taste to the vapor. The only downside is that if you are used to looking down the acrylic stem for the vapor to start, that can't be done with these. It is also hard to reclaim the resin from the stems.

momofthegoons,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah I've never heard about the Amsterdam weed thing. All combustion will produce tar. Maybe it has to do with a proper flush at the end?

Anyways, any info on the concentrate thingy? I'm dyyyyyyying to use it :(

Quetzalcoatl,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I've been vaping bubble hash for a few months in an old warranty mflb and it definetly has gunked up/fucked up the screen quite a bit. You have to pull through the device super hard to get vapor, it feels like a clogged pipe compared to my new mflb (no hash). Its all been bubble hash that ive used and im pretty sure it wouldnt work with the rolling paper method like some full melt/bho hashes that are used for it. Actually ill just try it right now, wanted to play some late night diablo III anyways
Sorry to bother you like this, but I can't say I aren't eager. Did it work did it work did it work?

JeeSee,

420poak

I contacted magic flight since I cracked my lid, hopefully I'll have my new box soon. I had to tear my box apart this afternoon because they ask you to tear apart the screen and the lid to get a new warranty box. Poor little box which still worked and only had a slightly cracked lid :/.

I'll miss my box till I get my new one. Magic Flight's customer service is really amazing though, they replied quickly and they're also giving me a free stem as I lost mine.

I'll take this as an occasion to take a tolerance break. I kinda needed one.

420poak,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Magic Flight sent out my extra brushes and long walnut stem this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday at the latest. I was going to add a car charger to the order, but they never got back with me, so I'll be waiting on that for now.

I'm really excited to try one of Ed's stems! I also can't wait to get the shorty stem he is sending me next week! :D I saw Vitolo's massive collection of Ed's stems, and thought about it for a while, thinking I didn't need anything better than my acrylic stem. However, the wooden stems are so beautiful, and match the LB too! I had to give them a try! Concerning the long and short stems, I don't know if I'll ever have a favorite, but I might! :)

Vicki,
Top Bottom