420poak

Hey guys I just wanted to know what the best inhaling method for the following situations (I got my MFLB yesterday):

1. In a situation where minimal smell is the most important
2. In a situation where you want to get as high as posible, regardless of the smell

I've read a lot about the MFLB and from what I understand there are 2 main methods:
1.Taking a "sip" of vapor every few seconds and increasing the sipping rate as the heat goes up.
2. Inhaling very slowly

So which method do you guys use?

And also I have two more questions:
1. When you grind your herbs, how fine should you grind them? I'm using the small grinder which came with my mflb and I think I'm not grinding them fine enough with it. If someone could post a pic to show how fine I should grind, it would be appreciated

2. You should vape untill the herbs turn to which color? (once again a pic would be nice here). Also, when I vaped yesterday, a very small amount turned black even though I shaked the box a lot between each it. That might be cause I had some really sticky dank though, as even if I shaked the box a lot, some of it just stayed at the bottom of the trench.

Thanks in advance!

420poak,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I tend to agree, there is no 'best vape'. And in a way kinda lucky, this forum would be really really dull if that was the case.....

However, MFLB might just be 'the best second vape'? It will do a lot in 'good hands'. It's good at lots of useful traits (portable, discrete, silent, efficient, and so on) that other vapes might not be. It's kinda fun to use (usually, when you get to know it) and generally gives lots of pride in ownership as you become friends and learn more about it. And it's low in cost, really tough, and has a super guarantee. Clearly a winning combination for many.

I'm not sure it makes a good first vape (too much going on), but a serious guy ought to at least seriously consider it once he understands what vaping is all about.

OF

Heh, my box is the first vaporizer I own and after two uses I was perfecting my technique. Once you figure out how you're supposed to adjust your hits it befomes something else. I let a friend of mine hit it after a quick explanation of what it was and how to use it, and he loved it. He got the second hit off a new bowl and commented on the taste compared to smoking, and said he would have bought one if he actually would have used it more than once or twice a month. Oh well, his loss :p

As for this vape not being efficient, I'll have to disagree as well. The only time my bowl has green stuff in there is because I'm not done with it, haha. Got a little Altoids tin full of AVB herb and kief that looks like dirt, but I can still get rips from I if I repack it. I've hit a DB and an Extreme Q, but still keep coming back to my box. It's just too fun to use.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

Hey guys I just wanted to know what the best inhaling method for the following situations (I got my MFLB yesterday):

1. In a situation where minimal smell is the most important
2. In a situation where you want to get as high as posible, regardless of the smell

I've read a lot about the MFLB and from what I understand there are 2 main methods:
1.Taking a "sip" of vapor every few seconds and increasing the sipping rate as the heat goes up.
2. Inhaling very slowly

So which method do you guys use?

And also I have two more questions:
1. When you grind your herbs, how fine should you grind them? I'm using the small grinder which came with my mflb and I think I'm not grinding them fine enough with it. If someone could post a pic to show how fine I should grind, it would be appreciated

2. You should vape untill the herbs turn to which color? (once again a pic would be nice here). Also, when I vaped yesterday, a very small amount turned black even though I shaked the box a lot between each it. That might be cause I had some really sticky dank though, as even if I shaked the box a lot, some of it just stayed at the bottom of the trench.

Thanks in advance!

I use both the sip with the stem and slow draw when going native (usually when I'm doing strictly kief trenches.) The goodies should look like the picture some posts up, as well as consistency. Hope I can link a pic from my collection of how I like mine.

8WHGL.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Heh, my box is the first vaporizer I own and after two uses I was perfecting my technique. Once you figure out how you're supposed to adjust your hits it befomes something else. I let a friend of mine hit it after a quick explanation of what it was and how to use it, and he loved it.

As for this vape not being efficient, I'll have to disagree as well.

I'm sorry, I'm obviously not doing too good at picking words this morning, I'm not communicating well. I never said nobody can use it as a first vape. Rather I tried to say I thought it was a poor choice in at least some cases in that there was a lot to master at least fairly well to get good hits. And as for it being easy for everyone, poppycock. Check the thread, there are dozens of stories of guys handing their new box to their best bud (brother, cousin, random stranger....) who promptly treats it like a pipe and builds a cherry. With the owner 3 feet away and instructions to the contrary less than a minute old. They (the sad owners) come to the forum crying wanting to know how to get the burned taste out. Who can blame them. I'll bet 'burned taste' in the search field would give you lots of fun reading on the subject? I'm sure without looking it's on the Wiki page. Not the best tool for newbies IMO. Yes, it can work, but I don't recommend it?

Please check again, I said MFLB is efficient, right? I was actually thinking in terms of energy needed to vape the herb (which is perhaps the most efficient out there?) but the other definition (the one you use) is valid as well. We both agree?

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

Please check again, I said MFLB is efficient, right? I was actually thinking in terms of energy needed to vape the herb (which is perhaps the most efficient out there?) but the other definition (the one you use) is valid as well. We both agree?

OF
Ah yeah, in terms of energy it sure is. Mabye I just got lucky with how I explained it to my friend?

Box is working its magic on me, didn't quite understand you at first :p plus engrish isn't my first language :|

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Ah yeah, in terms of energy it sure is. Mabye I just got lucky with how I explained it to my friend?

Box is working its magic on me, didn't quite understand you at first :p plus engrish isn't my first language :|

Naw, not a bit of it. You just know the magic words to get others to follow directions.....you didn't write them down by any chance did you? Until then, you got the job!

And forget that 'no English' bit, you seen what passes for writing around lately?

Keep spreading the good word. And thanks again for the input to this fun (at least to me) topic.

OF

OF,

Mtl Fenix

Does anyone know what the long term effects of the PA are on the LB?
I ask because ever since I got mine I have been literally abusing it ... I set it on about 25% and then just keep my finger pressed for minutes at a time only letting it cool for a few seconds here and there .... My AVB goes a light brown (just how I like it to make cannabutter for cookies) in about 45 mins of constant vaping and then it's on to the next bowl ... When I used the batteries I pressed them rarely for more than 20 seconds at a time and everything was fine .. But now since the PA, I have noticed that in a matter of weeks the two conductors have darkened even further and now seem to almost be going through the screen towards the inside of the bowl ...
Could the LB not be designed to have current go through it continuously for so long, and I would hence be damaging it with prolonged use?
Anyone else experience the same? Any input?
I don't want to shorten my LB's life, help! :)

Mtl Fenix,

Quetzalcoatl

I ask because ever since I got mine I have been literally abusing it ... I set it on about 25% and then just keep my finger pressed for minutes at a time only letting it cool for a few seconds here and there .... My AVB goes a light brown (just how I like it to make cannabutter for cookies) in about 45 mins of constant vaping and then it's on to the next bowl ... When I used the batteries I pressed them rarely for more than 20 seconds at a time and everything was fine .. But now since the PA, I have noticed that in a matter of weeks the two conductors have darkened even further and now seem to almost be going through the screen towards the inside of the bowl ...
Could the LB not be designed to have current go through it continuously for so long, and I would hence be damaging it with prolonged use?
Do you mean the two rods that run parallel to each other? It could be that your goodies are resinating them? I brush my trench after every use or every other and clean the rails once a week, and then do an alcohol wipe and a burn cycle.

Quetzalcoatl,

mscm888

Use the PA to get rid of it. I dab some iso on the brush and give it a good scrubbin. Turn heat up all the way on PA and hold for a minute or so. Do another iso scrub to get rid of any debris. Another high heat cycle to remove any excess iso and let sit for a while. Your box should look great afterwards. Mine always does (note the light brown on the screen will never go away).

mscm888,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I do find that I can get an extra hit out of my MFLB AVB by putting it into a different vape- usually a SSV or Volcano- even if it looks totally cooked. It's only for desperate times as it's really not very tasty. I always put this down to the increased convective effects of the SSV or or Volcano. For me there are small 'trade off's' for the MFLB's stealth and portability.

And I'm pointing out to you, there isn't any way in Hades, you're going to pull a puff of anything off my vaped bud. I vape it, until the isn't anymore vapor to be had, all without combusting. It took me almost a year to master it, but I'm telling you. I can vaporize mj as well and as thoroughly as you can, in any device you own.You can click on the picture I previously posted. There isn't any green, its powdery and completely dry. Not the slightest bit of moisture or sticky. Literally, turns to dust when you rub it between your fingers.

You've already made it clear, your experience and knowledge of the MFLB is limited. You tried it, didn't fully understand it (such as how the airway intake works), or its use... made a judgement, that's been corrected by others, with more knowledge of the device.

Certainly the MFLB isn't above criticism. But, be critical of it, for valid reasons.

I never said nobody can use it as a first vape. Rather I tried to say I thought it was a poor choice in at least some cases in that there was a lot to master at least fairly well to get good hits. And as for it being easy for everyone, poppycock.

As you said, its a different experience learning/using the LB, for everyone. Some people figure it out quickly, some don't. I was so obsessed the 1st 6 months with finding the right water filtration piece, I wanted to use with it, I didn't really learn much about technique. Had to go through 5 pieces, before I found one right for me. So now, almost a year later... with a bubbler I like and makes it easier for me to gauge my trench... I've learned the proper technique.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I do find that I can get an extra hit out of my MFLB AVB by putting it into a different vape- usually a SSV or Volcano- even if it looks totally cooked. It's only for desperate times as it's really not very tasty. I always put this down to the increased convective effects of the SSV or or Volcano. For me there are small 'trade off's' for the MFLB's stealth and portability.

All this means is that you stop too soon when you use the LB. It has absolutely nothing to do with convection. I'm with BigDaddyVapor, I can easily exhaust material in the LB to the point where you will not be able to get the slightest whiff out of it. If you use the PA you can set it so that anyone could pull this off, even someone who's never seen the LB before. With a little experience, it's not hard to do the same thing with batteries.

pakalolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
You've already made it clear, your experience and knowledge of the MFLB is limited. You tried it, didn't fully understand it (such as how the airway intake works), or its use... made a judgement, that's been corrected by others, with more knowledge of the device.

Certainly the MFLB isn't above criticism. But, be critical of it, for valid reasons.
Bigdaddy, I've never made clear anything of the sort. My experience with the vape is extensive (2.5 years). And the PA (13 months). I fully understand and can competently use all of my vaporizers, thank you very much. I think you're out of line to assume otherwise to be honest. Valid reasons? My critique is based on experience, and I'll stand by it. You're the one who was asking for proof- I volunteer my experiences and you denigrate me. Have you actually tried your LB abv in a bigger vape? Stick it in a Herbalaire - I think that you would be surprised.

I think that there's a strong relationship in a vaporizer between the amount of times you need to stir the load, and how quickly the law of diminishing returns comes into play when deciding when the bowl is done. The LB clever design, for all it's other strengths, it is a bit less even in it's heating than alternative methods and takes a fair bit of trench shaking to get a load thoroughly vaped. The returns tail off, but there's still some left.

I can easily exhaust material in the LB to the point where you will not be able to get the slightest whiff out of it
The physics of the need for stirring mean that such complete extraction is not possible. Why is this so hard to accept in a MFLB context? ALL vapes are leaving something behind- even when it looks thoroughly vaped- so far the combined conduction and convection of the Herbalaire has been the most complete and even without charring IME. I suppose you're all also going to try to tell me the MFLB is every bit as thorough as that? Well I'd wager all my worldly goods on that one. Well, I suppose if we're being pedantic it could theoretically extract that thoroughly in the end, but not without excessively cooking some of the other particles in the trench through mixing. It's a great vape, but this is an area where there have been trade off's.

edit: Bahh, I'm gonna give up. Valid analysis and I definitely know how to work my LB- I use it all the time. But the wrong place to discuss- it'll only ever been seen in this thread as the comment of an ignorant heretic who obviously hasn't learned to use it right yet. lol

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
And I'm pointing out to you, there isn't any way in Hades, you're going to pull a puff of anything off my vaped bud. I vape it, until the isn't anymore vapor to be had, all without combusting. It took me almost a year to master it, but I'm telling you. I can vaporize mj as well and as thoroughly as you can, in any device you own.You can click on the picture I previously posted. There isn't any green, its powdery and completely dry. Not the slightest bit of moisture or sticky. Literally, turns to dust when you rub it between your fingers.

I also do the same. In the beginning, (while I was learning), my ABV was never thoroughly cooked. However, after much practice, I am now able to extract all the goodness, and be able to throw out my ABV, unless I decide to eat it. That depends on my stomach and hash content of the trench. :)

Vicki,

skippy

I always throw out my ABV, is it really worth keeping? do you really get much of a hit if you eat it?

skippy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Bigdaddy, I've never made clear anything of the sort. My experience with the vape is extensive (2.5 years). And the PA (13 months). I fully understand and can competently use all of my vaporizers, thank you very much. I think you're out of line to assume otherwise to be honest. Valid reasons? My critique is based on experience, and I'll stand by it. You're the one who was asking for proof- I volunteer my experiences and you denigrate me. Have you actually tried your LB abv in a bigger vape? Stick it in a Herbalaire - I think that you would be surprised.

Dude, don't take this there. I'm stating that, because your understanding of the mechanism has been questioned by a few more experienced posters. As other have already pointed out to you, its all about technique and ability/desire to learn. Its already been established, you don't know how the air-flow works, in conjuction with the heating of the plant matter, so why should I take your word, that you can vape a little *poof* of vapor from a MFLB trench?

I haven't taken it to mud-slinging and I'm not going to.

You prefer a different method, because that's what you're comfortable with. There are people in here, who are far more knowledgeable, in this area, they make both of look ignorant. They've said the same thing, I'm saying. Hell.. the guy that maintains Vaporpedia tells you the same thing, I've been saying and you're insulted because I disputed your opinion, that you're trying to hold up as facts.

If you want to play it that way, then bring us the link, with the definitive proof one method of vaporization is superior and/or more efficient.

Peace.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I always throw out my ABV, is it really worth keeping? do you really get much of a hit if you eat it?

I think it depends on how far the user takes his/her ABV. Personally, my ABV is toast when I am done, and it can't be re-used. Unless it contains some hash, then I just eat it.

Vicki,

skippy

I think it depends on how far the user takes his/her ABV. Personally, my ABV is toast when I am done, and it can't be re-used. Unless it contains some hash, then I just eat it.
Yea, mine is pretty dark brown when I'm finished with it too.

skippy,

OF

Peace.

I'm sure that's how you see it, but then again, you're on the send end.

Let's quickly take stock, shall we? In this post you've all but told him:

Other (more experienced) guys have already told him he doesn't know what he's talking about
he lacks the desire to learn
he doesn't know how the air flow works
his experience is not to be trusted
he looks ignorant

And you end it with 'Peace'. Now how could a guy read negative stuff in to that?

OK, I get it you don't agree with him and are not bashful about saying as much. Were I on the receive end of this I'd feel you were insulting as I'm absolutely sure you would.

For myself I'm happy to accept his opinions pretty much as any other. Some guys may hit their trenches until there's absolutely nothing left, most I think stop far short of that. You can usually go further, but most guys don't for a number of reasons.....not always out of ignorance.

OF

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Dude, don't take this there. I'm stating that, because your understanding of the mechanism has been questioned by a few more experienced posters.
Where has my understanding been questioned by anyone else? I'm fully versed in how the LB works. Have been for years.

As other have already pointed out to you, its all about technique and ability/desire to learn. Its already been established, you don't know how the air-flow works, in conjuction with the heating of the plant matter, so why should I take your word, that you can vape a little *poof* of vapor from a MFLB trench?

You prefer a different method, because that's what you're comfortable with. There are people in here, who are far more knowledgeable, in this area, they make both of look ignorant. They've said the same thing, I'm saying. Hell.. the guy that maintains Vaporpedia tells you the same thing, I've been saying and you're insulted because I disputed your opinion, that you're trying to hold up as facts.

If you want to play it that way, then bring us the link, with the definitive proof one method of vaporization is superior and/or more efficient.

Peace.

Again, I know fine well how the airflow works. On what do you base this accusation that I don't? And possibly too stupid to learn to use my MFLB? Mud slinging? I think you owe me an apology to be honest.

This is nothing to do with airflow or knowing how to use the box- I can use it just fine- here is a nice cloudy hit of mine below, if you don't believe me. I can use the box as well as anyone else on this forum, I've followed it's development from the beginning and have used one for over 2 and a half years. Instead this is actually about the extraction characteristics of that type of heating element and vaping process involved. Although initially apparently wanting to discuss the issue, you actually just want to call me stupid and ignorant. All because I dare to say that it's not 'perfect'.

I think you need to chill out a bit Big Daddy.

Enjoy your box.

WatTyler,
Reactions: Stu

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
LOL!

Actually, OF... your's was one of the opinions, I was holding up as a standard. You're the one who brought up the airflow issue, which Wat, has yet to address.

I'm not going to play this game with either of you. As I told you before, OF. I don't hold grudges. I've attempted to engage with you, on a friendly and respectful level. Yet, here you go... parsing my words again, literally putting words into my mouth and starting shit with me... again. Don't know why I took you off ignore, but I won't make the mistake again.

Wat, I am not the only person in this thread that has told you, you don't know WTF you're talking about. This is the MFLB forum. You stepped in here, gave your OPINION, stated it as FACT and have been told by far more many people, than myself... you're wrong. I really couldn't care less, if you think you're right, or not. Claiming you are, doesn't make it so. Apology denied.

Again... link to the study.

P.S. I'm quite chill. I'm not the one with my undies all wadded up.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
For myself I'm happy to accept his opinions pretty much as any other. Some guys may hit their trenches until there's absolutely nothing left, most I think stop far short of that. You can usually go further, but most guys don't for a number of reasons.....not always out of ignorance.

OF

If that's what you got out of what he's saying, then you need to go back and read the thread again. He's saying it's NOT Possible with the LB. He's saying technique and all those "reasons" don't make a shit bit of difference. The MFLB is incapable under ANY user's hands, of accomplishing it. That is what I'm disputing. That is what I'm referring to when I use the word ignorance (and before you show YOUR'S again, go look up the definition of the word).

Pay attention to the argument, instead of looking for parsing and semantics you can play. How about YOU pull out that apology now?

BigDaddyVapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
LOL!

Actually, OF... your's was one of the opinions, I was holding up as a standard. You're the one who brought up the airflow issue, which Wat, has yet to address.

Why are you still harping on about airflow? Exactly what am I meant to address?

Wat, I am not the only person in this thread that has told you, you don't know WTF you're talking about. This is the MFLB forum. You stepped in here, gave your OPINION, stated it as FACT and have been told by far more many people, than myself... you're wrong. I really couldn't care less, if you think you're right, or not. Claiming you are, doesn't make it so. Apology denied.

Again... link to the study.

P.S. I'm quite chill. I'm not the one with my undies all wadded up.

And what study are you talking about? I don't think there is any such study, which means that we have to rely on sharing experiences. Unfortunately you seem unable to do that whilst remaining civil and courteous. You don't look good. There's no need to be so combative.

We were meant to all be friends on here. You're not friendly. You're insulting and aggressive.

If anyone doesn't know what they're talking about it's you big daddy. You're comparing your box to what exactly? Oh I see- other people's informed opinions. I wouldn't do that so loudly.

WatTyler,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Why are you still harping on about airflow? Exactly what am I meant to address?

I'm not your tutor. Go back, read the thread from your review and then read every post, following it. What you will find, is indeed... people informing you on how airflow in the trench works. What you'll also find, is many more people disagreeing with you, than the 1 or 2, that do. Count 'em up, Sparky.

And what study are you talking about? I don't think there is any such study, which means that we have to rely on sharing experiences.

Exactly. There isn't any such study. Relying on sharing experience, you say. OK. You've already been told you're wrong... by more people than not. Using YOUR standard, means your wrong.

Unfortunately you seem unable to do that whilst remaining civil and courteous. You don't look good. There's no need to be so combative.

I'm not combative. I'm disputing your opinion and the lack of method(s) you're basing your opinion on. Quit stating your opinion is fact, then calling me on it... when I point out what you're doing.

If anyone doesn't know what they're talking about it's you big daddy. You're comparing your box to what exactly? Oh I see- other people's informed opinions. I wouldn't do that so loudly.

Yes, other opinions more informed, knowledgeable and able to weigh fact vs opinion and identify each, as such.

You're not going to "win" this "battle". Even in his attempt to dress me down, OF validated my statement, of opinion versus facts. You just can't seem to handle having your opinion questioned.

That's your problem, not mine.

BigDaddyVapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'm not your tutor. Go back, read the thread from your review and then read every post, following it. What you will find, is indeed... people informing you on how airflow in the trench works. What you'll also find, is many more people disagreeing with you, than the 1 or 2, that do. Count 'em up, Sparky.
Show me, Sparky.

I'll await that apology.

I'm not combative
You're not going to "win" this "battle".
lol

You just can't seem to handle having your opinion questioned.

That's your problem, not mine.
I can handle a difference of opinion. It's your language and denigration over that opinion that I take issue with. I'll leave it to the reader to decide which of us has the problem.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom