OF

Wow, that looks familiar for sure. 'cept mine is a little smaller, boar bristle and lacks the neat logo.

Very cool.

BTW, I lost the first one I did to the wife. It kicked around the kitchen table for a few days, then slid into her bathroom......I don't want it back or to know the details. Glad I bought more than one.....

OF

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I just bought some decent 50 set of art paint brushes a while back. Have cut a couple down, did a flame burn on one, left the other one blank. But the bristles on both of them, where to soft. I still relied on the brush I got from MF, for the stiffer bristles. Lost that brush (in the bathroom of all places, lol). So I went looking thru the brushes again for a stiffer replacement and found this one. After sanding off the crap on it, I thought how closely it was in color, to my box. Grabbed a pencil and drew out the line.

I really didn't give the torch long enough to heat up. You can tell on the curved line, as its a bit sloppy. Ended up going over it several times. Still need to extend it out a bit on the right side of it.

The bristles on this one are perfect to. Feels real stiff, but not penetrating on the screen. Gets into the nooks, really well.

Thanks again for the props guys.

BigDaddyVapor,

dopefiend

I thought you guys on this thread might be interested to hear my latest podcast with two of the ladies from Magic Flight, who visited London last week and shared some vapes and some hints and tricks for how to get the most out of the Launch Box:

New Today from the Dopefiend.co.uk Podcast Network:

On this week's episode of the Web's Favourite Cannabis Podcast the Dopefiend talks about how he's coping half way through his annual two-week Dopefast, why it's important for him to take this annual break, and how the angry response to it from certain DopeTribers always surprises and baffles him. Next, the Dopefiend lets the DopeTribe in on how he began his Dopefast, with an awesome vape session in London's Camden Town with Scoobysnakks, the Gremlin of Ganja, and Julie and Karen from Magic Flight, manufacturers of the awesome palm-sized Launch Box vaporizer. The Dopefiend, Scoobysnakks and the Gremlin talk to the First Ladies of the Vapor Nation over several rounds of mojitos and some gourmet vapes about their experiences during their whistle-stop tour of Europe's cannabis hotspots, the political situation regarding cannabis across Europe and in their native California, get some tips from the professionals on how best to use the Launch Box in order to maximise quality vapour, as well as some exclusive information about a new accessory aimed at hash-vapers. Following a quick chat with about the scene for cannabis users and similar hippie types in Camden, and a musical interlude, the Dopefiend returns to the Magic Flight ladies, who continue to share their expert knowledge on how to get the most out of your Launch Box and what accessories are available and how they got involved in the cannabis industry and in working for Magic Flight. Next, the Dopefiend Scoobysnakks and Julie and Karen discuss the importance of mindful use of cannabis and creating a ritual around your cannabis use, the coming DopeStock celebrations in Amsterdam which coincide with the enormous 4/20 Smokeout in protest of the proposed ban on cannabis tourism in the Netherlands, and talk about what DopeTribers who are attending can expect and why cannabis law in the Netherlands could learn from the US medical marijuana scene. Next, the Dopefiend hands over to this week's Cannabis Correspondents Shockrocket and Stoo who bring us the latest Cannabis News, including the latest on the Dutch plans to ban foreigners from coffeeshops, how British judges are dealing with the new cannabis sentencing guidelines, and Pat Robertson comes out as an unlikely supporter of cannabis decriminalisation. Finally, the Dopefiend, Scoobysnakks, the Gremlin of Ganja, and Julie and Karen from Magic Flight say their goodbyes from a very hazy and reggae-infused Camden.

Download this episode here

And check out all our great free stoner-friendly podcasts here

You can also get links to all my Vaporizer reviews here: http://dopecast.libsyn.com/webpage/dopefiend-s-vaporizer-reviews

Hope you enjoy it!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Quick question:

Cant decide between sanyo eneloop 2000mah and sanyo eneloop xx 2500mah.

The first has triple the charging cycles than the XX but the Xx last longer.

Does anyone has one or both? I am more inclined to the first Since it is more economic. How much more does the xx last per session?

I know the 2000mah is 4-5minutes.

Thanks guys!

vorrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Quick question:

Does anyone has one or both? I am more inclined to the first Since it is more economic. How much more does the xx last per session?

Thanks guys!

As far as I know Eneloops will not fit snugly in the current MFLB. They will work but they might require some twisting to get a good connection. If you have the option, get Maha batteries.

I know the 2000 mAh batteries are supposed to endure more recharges, but I'd choose the 2500s. The MFLB abuses batteries and I don't think the 2000s would actually survive three times as many charges, but I don't know that for sure. I do know that the cost of new batteries isn't a big enough concern for me to sacrifice the longer usage time.

pakalolo,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Maha only online, i will get the XX then and adjust the metal coil of the negative pole. it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Pakalolo!

vorrange,

banana_republic

hello,

just a (maybe) silly question from someone who's about to get one MFLB.

when you use it, and clean as stated in the user manual, does it get really cleaned? I mean, is there a possibility of someone else finding an empty (but used) box and smell or dig into it some little pieces of vaporized content? I'm not sure you got it, I want to use it for some travels (bus and pĺane) and might encounter some police checks, so carrying an empty absolutely clean box is a must....

Thank you very much!

banana_republic,
I think that "give" might be the pushback ring, but you haven't given enough details. Does the LB still work? Are you referring to the contact strip at the back of the battery hole?

If you are, then the answer is yes. If the battery/PA can't make contact with that strip the LB won't heat up. If it makes poor contact, the LB performance will be degraded.

It is the metal strip that the positive end of the battery makes contact with, the one inside the battery hole behind the pushback. It was tampered with but i dont know how badly or if it was damaged, if it could be. Well the box works, the light works, but i have not used the box 2 weeks, T-Break, i am just wondering in general, can that strip cause the box to heat abnormally. I notice that the strip has some give to it and it can slightly move.

FormerVapor24,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@banana-republic. No way would I recommend trying to get through a customs check with a used MFLB. No matter how much you clean it there will always be a trace of mj - so imo that's a no-no for you on a plane to go-go!
I would go for a vape that can be totally submerged in ISO to clean - PM for a few suggestions.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
hello,

just a (maybe) silly question from someone who's about to get one MFLB.

when you use it, and clean as stated in the user manual, does it get really cleaned? I mean, is there a possibility of someone else finding an empty (but used) box and smell or dig into it some little pieces of vaporized content? I'm not sure you got it, I want to use it for some travels (bus and pĺane) and might encounter some police checks, so carrying an empty absolutely clean box is a must....

Thank you very much!

I suggest getting another vape that can be thoroughly cleaned, maybe a vg coil or a gn0me.

vorrange,

toadyfatz

Quick question:

Thanks guys!
If you have a newer box get the Imedion 2400 by Powerex...fits great and works great: http://www.thomasdistributing.com/-...rgeable-Batteriesbr-Low-Discharge_p_2252.html

toadyfatz,
My friend recently decided to shove a paperclip in the batery hole and tamper with the metal strip in which the positive end of the battery makes contact with inside the battry hole. Now im on a t break so I cant exacly test this, but would anybody know if tampering with this metal strip could cause the box to heat improperly. The strip is not broken in my box, but I notice it has a litle give to it. Any help or explanation would be appreciated

FormerVapor24,

sundaddy

No worries. As long as it's working / light is coming on. If you have a push-back ring, that should keep it snug. Lifetime warranty if not.

sundaddy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My friend recently decided to shove a paperclip in the batery hole and tamper with the metal strip in which the positive end of the battery makes contact with inside the battry hole. Now im on a t break so I cant exacly test this, but would anybody know if tampering with this metal strip could cause the box to heat improperly. The strip is not broken in my box, but I notice it has a litle give to it. Any help or explanation would be appreciated

Asked and answered. Twice.

pakalolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
"Twice" is not a sentance. Anyway yes you did answer twice, however you did ask for a more in depth explanation. Which I gave you, however that was not answered. Thank you

Actually, "Twice." is a sentence. You can look it up.

pakalolo said:
If the battery/PA can't make contact with that strip the LB won't heat up. If it makes poor contact, the LB performance will be degraded.
How is this not all you need to know? I asked for more information simply to confirm my assumption. You did, so no response to that was necessary.

pakalolo,

OF

"Twice" is not a sentance. Anyway yes you did answer twice, however you did ask for a more in depth explanation. Which I gave you, however that was not answered. Thank you

Actually, in this case, "Twice." is a sentence. It has an understood subject and verb. You (and everyone else here) understood it even if it wasn't Kosher grammar, far far better than lots of what passes around here.

I tend to agree with Pakalolo, seems to me like you didn't get the answer you wanted and asked the same question again? I gave you the same answer as several others, 'if the light works normally, nothing to worry about'. How many folks to you expect to take time from their lives to give you the same answer to the same question?

You know it's a funny world. If one of my friends borrowed a tool from me and maybe goofed it up by being an ass I'd expect him to resolve it not dump it back in my lap. I guess we have different sorts of friends?

Anyway, the 'strip' is a rod (round in cross section) used in that spot as a connection only. If the battery makes solid contact with it that's about all you can really ask of it. The light will tell you that without having to put herb in it. If not, MF will fix it for you. If you're not using the box right now, and are all that worried our advice isn't useful or accdurate, why not send it to MF for evaluation?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom