• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OF

MFLB can definitely combust the material if you aren't careful. That said, it is an excellent stealth vape in my opinion. :)
My favorite vaporizer actually. Yeah it can combust, but that's user error.

I tend to agree more with KF here (although while it's not my favorite it is high on my list). I too think combustion is a screw up on the operators end and easily avoided. While I've come close roasting a load with the PA, I never managed to do it in a large number of trenches.

If your 'other bad conduction vape experience' has been one of those horrid e-cig conversion things (like say Atmos products) this is not the same thing at all. Those are cruel jokes designed to get your money. MFLB is a mature, purpose built vape. We're kissing up to 1000 pages here, almost exclusively positive posts. 25,000 of them? Nobody, NOBODY complained 'this thing keeps combusting on me' that I can recall. Does anyone? Sure not hard to find those kinds of issues with some vapes.....

There's no doubt well over a hundred of us with more than one LB, how many buy a second Atmos Raw?

If it appeals to you (and it is a well made and fun design), i recommend it. IMO it's a very useful tool and you need have no fear of not being able to control combustion.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Wellllll my dogs are my favorite plugins.. But my "all-around" favorite portable would go to the LB, stealth, small, PA. Does what it should when I need it. But vapman and iolite fill those off the grid days/weeks.

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
went to smokeshop today for a new unit and this was one of the cheapest. is it really a vape? wasnt going to buy it after my bad experience with other units that burn vs vape

I'm not sure I can add too much that hasn't already been said. Can it combust? Sure, with poor technique the trench can get hot enough to burn your product. It's not idiot-proof. But it isn't difficult to learn to use properly, and once you do, there's no reason to worry about combustion. With further practice you'll find that you have a lot more control over your temperature and overall vaping experience than it might seem for such a simple device.

I might even go so far as to say the elegant combination of minimalist design and indirect temperature control via combination of drawing technique and/or "feathering the trigger" (much like one does with a classic soldering gun) is one of the Box's more endearing features. Not to mention it's stealthy size and speedy convenience. How many other portables can be completely concealed in the average hand, and can go from pocket to mouth, deliver a hit, and back to pocket all in 30 seconds?

Oh, and back to the ability to combust - think of it like you might a car. You might not need to go 100MPH very often (or ever) but it is nice to know the engine is powerful enough to get you there if needed. I'd rather too much power than not enough. I only recently picked up a real MFLB. Before that I had a cheap plastic knock-off. I don't entirely regret the experience, as it did serve as an inexpensive proof-of-concept device, and having had that experience makes me appreciate the real thing even more. Among the knock-offs failings was the fact that it took too long to heat up and really struggled to adequately vaporize. Sure, I didn't have to worry about combustion with that POS, but like a car with the underpowered engine, it took me longer to get where I was going, and there was always that niggling concern it just might not make it.

If you add the Power Adapter you get even more control (tho you lose portability) as you can dial the power anywhere from "almost dead battery" to "fresh battery-and-a-half".

If your 'other bad conduction vape experience' has been one of those horrid e-cig conversion things (like say Atmos products) this is not the same thing at all.

Yep. I've got a Vaporite "Budy Pen" - and just like all the other pen-style flower vapes it either can barely vaporize with the glass screen in place, or else it combusts if you don't use the screen. That and it holds such a small quantity and is a nuisance to refill. I only keep it around because I got the version that also included the liquid/wax attachments and I might try those some day. That and I couldn't sell it to somebody in good conscience.

If [the Launch Box] appeals to you (and it is a well made and fun design), i recommend it. IMO it's a very useful tool and you need have no fear of not being able to control combustion.

That, exactly.

puddleglum

I agree, some of those cheap pen vapes are dreadful. :(

@brain_combustion there are many excellent vapes on the market right now. If you are anything like me, then your collection will grow over time, different vapes for different situations. I wouldn't pass my MFLB around at a session with my friends, for example, but it is my absolute favorite vape for nature walks in the woods. :)

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
If I get an LB on ebay, will it still be covered by the warranty?

Possibly - if it isn't either a fake or one that's already been replaced under warranty. If it is used, I'd recommend getting the serial number from the seller (you might be able to read it in the photo) and contact Magic-Flight customer service to verify the unit is still eligible for warranty coverage (warranty follows the individual unit, to whomever is currenty holding it).

(from http://www.magic-flight.com/warranty.php)
Is the vaporizer warranty transferable?
Yes. The warranty applies to whomever is the current owner/user of the Box. Each Launch Box has a unique serial number. The warranty is transferable as long as that particular serial number has not been previously warrantied. Each warranty replacement box that is issued contains a new unique serial number. As a company we track the history of each serial number that is issued and will know if someone is attempting to warranty the same serial number twice.

Once a warranty claim has been approved it is our policy to send out the replacement box along with directions on sending the old box back. We do this as a convenience to our Launch Box owners so that they will be without their box the least amount of time possible. It is a courtesy to them, it is also a matter of good faith and trust that they will return the used box back to us. If a Launch Box owner submitted a warranty claim with us, but instead of sending their old Box back, they elected to sell it to you instead, they are in violation of their lifetime functional warranty.

If you purchase a used box, and it has already been warrantied before, this renders the warranty invalid for both boxes. We do not recommend purchasing used units, buy used units at your own risk. If you must buy used, only buy used units from people you trust or personally know. If you are purchasing a used unit but aren’t sure about it’s warranty status, you may email us with the serial number and we will verify it’s validity for you.

Krazzykid

If I get an LB on ebay, will it still be covered by the warranty?
Are they an authorized retailer? Does it have a valid serial number?

If you purchase from a non-authorized retailer MF doesn't have to honor the warranty. Having said that, Magic Flight typically does honor the warranty as long as the serial number is valid(and still readable).
If you are comfortable with those risks, then buy away.

Ebay also has their safeguards in place. I personally wouldn't purchase from them if they aren't an authorized retailer, but that's just me.

Edit:
If your goal is to just to save a few bucks, then I would skip ebay.

There is an authorized retailer that sells legit MFLB's for way under retail, and at least one authorized retailer that (if asked) will price match those prices.
I personally feel that people should support MF and order directly from them at their retail price(this means more money in their pocket to cover warranties and such). If you don't want to do that then I have provided enough information for you to search and find the retailers I speak of.

Last edited:

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
IMO they work well and are easy to 'flame' clean.

Dedicated oil vapes work better for steady duty IMO (much easier to use routinely), but for an occasional 'oil holiday' they do a great job. Adds new dimensions to the little guy.

OF

do you feel it puts stress on the screen or damages it in any way?
just wondering.
I can't get concentrates sadly but maybe some day.

New_World,
Reactions: OF

OF

do you feel it puts stress on the screen or damages it in any way?
just wondering.
I can't get concentrates sadly but maybe some day.

No, correctly used I think they're just fine. If you're the clumsy type you'll have to decide how big the risk of loading and unloading the tray is. Be a great chance to poke a hole with your tweezers for instance? Warranty would replace it, of course, but you'd be on your backup vape until then.

Some guys make their own concentrates, but the return isn't there unless you have lots of low cost herb. It takes about seven grams of top shelf to make a good gram of concentrate that's only maybe 4 or 5 times as potent. Or so I'm told. And there's the legal and safety issues. Hopefully the wait won't be that long, the better it works for Washington and Co the faster it goes I think?

Reclaim is another route for modest supply. Reclaim has never had a great taste to me, even from tasty bud, but it's effective for sure. If you've got a vape that lets you harvest reclaim I'd suggest you consider getting an adapter and saving it up for some special occasion. Like my birthday.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
No, correctly used I think they're just fine. If you're the clumsy type you'll have to decide how big the risk of loading and unloading the tray is. Be a great chance to poke a hole with your tweezers for instance? Warranty would replace it, of course, but you'd be on your backup vape until then.

Some guys make their own concentrates, but the return isn't there unless you have lots of low cost herb. It takes about seven grams of top shelf to make a good gram of concentrate that's only maybe 4 or 5 times as potent. Or so I'm told. And there's the legal and safety issues. Hopefully the wait won't be that long, the better it works for Washington and Co the faster it goes I think?

Reclaim is another route for modest supply. Reclaim has never had a great taste to me, even from tasty bud, but it's effective for sure. If you've got a vape that lets you harvest reclaim I'd suggest you consider getting an adapter and saving it up for some special occasion. Like my birthday.

OF
Concentrates can be made with ethanol, safer than butane, for those wanting to try concentrates with minimal risk.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/considering-qwet-school-me.13433/

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
MF honored my warranty on a defective PA I ordered off eBay - and I sent them copies of the purchase receipts, so they knew that I had bought it from an off-site/unofficial location. It wasn't a problem, at least, that they would let on about at all.

Krazzykid

I suppose this is true, but Magic-Flight has never had such a policy and in fact has always said they would support the warranty under any circumstances except fraud.
Well they do have the policy, it's directly from their warranty. Weather or not they enforce it is at their discretion. It's why I said "MF doesn't have to honor it", chances are that they will honor the warranty though. Either way Rover asked about warranty if purchased through Ebay, I chose to give all available information on the subject. The fact remains that there is the chance, however slight, that MF could deny the warranty "if they so choose".

Here is the pertaining info quoted directly from warranty.
"This warranty is null and void if the Launch Box® is not purchased through an authorized seller as designated by Magic-Flight. This warranty is null and void if purchased on eBay®, Amazon®, Craigslist® or similar non-registered marketplace with independent sellers. You are encouraged to contact us to verify whether your Launch Box® is purchased through an authorized seller prior to purchasing your Launch Box®. In the event you purchase from an unauthorized seller, such as eBay®, Amazon®, and Craigslist®, your sole remedy is to make a claim with the sellers buyer protection program."

If I remember correctly, that part I quoted wasn't always a part of the warranty. They must have had a good reason for adding it in?

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
Ahh yes, no I was disputing what you said, I was just saying that in my case they honored it, which was just a week or so ago, so I find it highly likely that they would for other people - but it's good that you pointed out that that's not to be depended on 100%.

LadyKavaKava,
Reactions: OF

Krazzykid

Ahh yes, no I was disputing what you said, I was just saying that in my case they honored it, which was just a week or so ago, so I find it highly likely that they would for other people - but it's good that you pointed out that that's not to be depended on 100%.
Correct. I have never read of a single instance where MF didn't honor the warranty because someone bought through Ebay(and had a valid serial number).

I was just making the information available because it is still a possibility is all.

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
I just bot my second box today and I'm SUPER STOKED! I only have the availability to pay online with PayPal right now, and incidentally, MF doesn't accept PayPal payments. So I searched the whole web from top to bottom and finally found the only dealer out there with the etched design I was looking for, and also in stock. I would've preferred it in Walnut, but I went with Maple because that was what was available and I didn't know if I'd ever get another opportunity. Anyway, it's the Nautilus design. I already have a Reddit Pineapple. I'm planning on also getting a Metatron's Cube and an Infinity Wing. I might get one of the Artisan boxes, too. I've turned into such an enthusiast that I decided to start collecting them. The Nautilus and the Infinity Wing are pretty new - I hadn't seen them displayed on the site at all until maybe a month or two ago. This is what the Nautilus looks like:
Nautilus__19808.1408268602.1280.1280.jpg

Krazzykid

Not sure who you ordered from, puffitup happens to have the Metatron's Cube and accepts PayPal, just in case you needed more options for places to order from.

Krazzykid,
Reactions: KidFated.

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
Yeah, Metatron's Cube is pretty easy to find... It's the Infinity Wing that can't be found elsewhere. I looked and looked (and I'm a pretty good researcher and an even better shopper, lol). I'm thinking that maybe after the design's not as new anymore, it'll start to become more available because vendors that order wholesale will eventually end up ordering some. I'm thinking I might just get the Infinity Wing and and one of the Artisan boxes though actually - the Metatron's Cube is part of the first laser etch line, and really the only one I truly loved out of that line was the Reddit Pineapple, and I already have that one. I was thinking about getting a Maud-Dib instead. I do have concentrate trays, but I don't use concentrates that often, and mostly just kava oil - hash and wax are just too strong for me... They get me paranoid, twitchy, and panicky, which kind of defeats the purpose (I use medicinal marijuana with a state legal California license for Anxiety, Insomnia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Fibromyalgia and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - I'm bedridden a lot). It sounds like I'm an old person or something but I'm a 28 year old female and retired model. I got sick with Cubital Tunnel, Fibro and RSD in the last year and it's been hell. They have me on morphine twice a day, gabapentin, and nortryptaline. Those definitely help, but sometimes the pain is just too much and I have to use marijuana. I started using the MFLB because I'm SUPER THC-sensitive, and I'm able to administer extremely small, controlled dosages with the MFLB, which I was never able to do before with smoking or any other vape device. I also quit smoking cigarettes six months ago after I switched to a nicotine e-juice vape mod, and after my second or third month off smoke, I just couldn't smoke bowls anymore - it burnt my throat and was just hot and painful... Sort of like the experience of when a person smokes (any kind of smoke) for the very first time, and find it painful, rancid tasting and cough provoking. I just don't use marijuana often enough to maintain a tolerance to smoke, so I had to find another way. The MFLB has been my savior! I'm a total enthusiast now - even own the books by Forrest Landry and stuff, as well as owning every single accessory they make other than the Orbiter and Maud-Dib.

How did you get into the MFLB? Do you use it for any specific purposes?

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
Damn! Be careful of LBs and dogs! One day I set my box down to grind some herb and I turned around literally ten seconds later and it was gone! I saw the dog looking suspicious so I sprinted over and pulled it *out of his mouth*! Now it's his life mission to destroy it. He was just barking non-stop while I was using it, getting all riled up. There's a warning in the MFLB Flight Guide that comes with the boxes which says that dogs tend to like to chew them up. They couldn't have been more right! If you have a dog, make sure your LB doesn't accidentally get chewed up. I think the thing they're drawn to is chewing up soft wood, which probably feels good on their teeth or something. Anyway, I just wanted to post this to validate the warning from the company that's in the guidebook, on the website and in the extended version of the flight guide that's on the website as well. Go figure :-/

EDIT: When I got my box back from my dog's mouth, he had fortunately not caused so much as a scratch or dent. He was in the process of carrying it carefully to a secluded location in the house where he could chew it up in private

Modnote: back to back posts merged

I ended up ordering, last night, a Maple Laser Etched Nautilus design Launch Box from an independent seller, and from MFLB, a Cherry Infinity Wing laser etched design Launch Box, two Wooden Draw Stems in Maple and Cherry, and a Walnut Dart Stem (to go with my walnut Maud-Dib, which I'll be purchasing soon, or possibly receiving as a Christmas present), the Orbiter, two extra glyph battery caps, and The Effective Choice by Forrest Landry (I have his other two books, An Immanent Metaphysics and the Tiny Book of Essential Wisdom). I already have a Power Adapter, 2.0, a Silicon 1.5ft Draw Whip, a Water Pipe Adapter, a Nano Grinder, a Finishing Grinder and a Lanyard. I think I basically own everything they sell now except the Maud-Dib. I'm SO excited! I'm gonna be totally stacked on MFLB products :D Oh yeah, I decided to forget about the Metatron's Cube design - I already have the Reddit Pineapple from that series, and I really was just more interested in the Nautilus and the Infinity Wing. I still might one day get a box from the Exotic Woods and Artisan lines though - they're really expensive so I'm waiting to see if they'll sell them as bare box options without the accessories in the Connoisseur's Club.

Oh yeah, if you're not part of the Connoisseur's Club, you really should check it out. You can't get to it from the main site, so I'll post the link (the company gave me the link when they invited me to join after I asked about buying bare boxes. You can still apply to join though - you don't need a formal invitation. You do need a box though and the serial number from it to prove that you own one). They have opportunities to be part of beta testing on new objects, and you can get bare boxes without the accessories for $75 if you're a collector. They also have the Kava Concentrate Oil for $19 as opposed to the $29 dollar price you'd pay on the main site. Here's the link to the club application page: http://www.magic-flight.com/club/launch-box

EDIT: You can get Maud-Dibs for just $119 in the Connoisseur's Club, too! They come with a velvet bag, the loading spoon, one battery with a glyph design cap and a 1.5ft silicone draw whip. The setup is for MFLB owners who want to buy one without getting duplicates of all the accessories that come in the tin box kits.

Wow. I ordered at midnight last night and tonight I just got an email notice from UPS that my Magic Flight order is going to be here in the morning - that was FAST! I love the company, but this actually my first time ordering from they themselves... I got all my other stuff off eBay but I wish I'd ordered from the website - I had to wait two weeks for my Reddit Pineapple box to arrive. Giving to kudos to MFLB right now for their great shipping service! (I did pay about $20 for expedited, but didn't think it would be overnight or second day shipping - what a nice surprise)!

Last edited by a moderator:

axakal

the new black whip with the brass mouthpiece might be another item you would want to add to your collection. it should be available soon.

I ended up ordering, last night, a Maple Laser Etched Nautilus design Launch Box from an independent seller, and from MFLB, a Cherry Infinity Wing laser etched design Launch Box, two Wooden Draw Stems in Maple and Cherry, and a Walnut Dart Stem (to go with my walnut Maud-Dib, which I'll be purchasing soon, or possibly receiving as a Christmas present), the Orbiter, two extra glyph battery caps, and The Effective Choice by Forrest Landry (I have his other two books, An Immanent Metaphysics and the Tiny Book of Essential Wisdom). I already have a Power Adapter, 2.0, a Silicon 1.5ft Draw Whip, a Water Pipe Adapter, a Nano Grinder, a Finishing Grinder and a Lanyard. I think I basically own everything they sell now except the Maud-Dib. I'm SO excited! I'm gonna be totally stacked on MFLB products :D

LadyKavaKava

MFLB Frequent Flyer
Ooo, that sounds cool! It'd match a Noir Maud-Dib really well :) I love things that match, but I don't have a walnut box yet and I just bought a Walnut Wood Dart Stem, so I'll be getting walnut. I don't think I'd buy the other Maud-Dib though, just to have a black one - because I don't think I'll use the MD very often. So far I've only used my concentrate trays with kava oil concentrate. Hash and wax are too potent for me. On that note though, I'm wondering - can you put liquid (like, runny liquid) THC oil that's been made for consumption into the unscreened tray? And, even if possible, would it be risking getting an oily mess under the screen? I've seen people talk about oil residue under the screen and want to prevent it happening - even if it means I can't use certain products in the box. Also, regarding the wood stems, how are those supposed to be cleaned after they get buildup on the inside? If the cleaning method washes it away, that's fine, I don't save that stuff, but how should it be done without wetting or ruining the wood?

LadyKavaKava,

Kief

Medicated
Damn! Be careful of LBs and dogs! ... I think the thing they're drawn to is chewing up soft wood, which probably feels good on their teeth or something.
They also like the smell and taste of ABV and that probably adds to the reason dogs like LB's. ABV is also very bad for dogs, keep that away from them too... there are a few horror stories about that here on FC.

Kief,
Top Bottom