1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

A pretty Girl with a vape must be a marketing ploy Ya know ? Only us old trolls are supposed to be into this new fangled vapor tech . What Next ? Pretty faces working outside the home or even in the military ?
    Oh wait I forgot all the fine females in beer adds and I even saw one drink once in real life . Now they are even showing us guys how to vape . I still have to say I love a beautiful woman more then the finest Bud .
    But a beautiful woman with a MFLB and some Dank .................................... !

2. Darkedhunter

Darkedhunter Well-Known Member

Sooooo... Whilst micro hitting my box with the new batteries and finishing grinder, I combusted. I've done a fair bit of alcohol cleaning (about twenty times brushing the screen with ISO and heating it up to dry), but their is still a stain on the screen.

Is there anyway to completely get rid of the nasty screen stain and smell?

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

The stain will be there, probably forever. Doesn't affect the use at all, as I did a full-on cherry combustion twice in Sheila (my most recent Box). Like, smoke, glowing red from the cherry, status.

As for the taste, I have a simple 3 step procedure anyone with this problem can fix:

1. Load your biomass into the Launch Box trench.
    2. Vape until the biomass has reached desired ABV coloration.
    3. Repeat it 4 or 5 times.

:lol:

Can't do much for the taste except suck it up and let fresh herb coat the icky. Perhaps attach it to a water pipe to help offset the ickyness? I promise it will go away. With my first Box, I didn't do a full-on combustion but completely blackened a few trenches due to removing the o-ring and then forgetting I had taken it off, and that one was fine too.

And isn't it funny that we're complaining about the gross nasty icky smell and taste of combustion? I remember how much I loved smoking... Shit, if I could go back in time, I'd slap myself silly!

axakal, ShipDit, Herbal Ant and 4 others like this.
  4. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

Seriously. I used to love the taste of smoke, but now if I overdo a trench the slightest bit I can't seem to get that awful taste out of my mouth for the longest time :lol:

5. adamster

adamster New Member

I find its a machine for moderation. If you are looking to get very high all the time, this one is not
    as good as others. However I find that I do have a hanker for moderation in general and this
    Box provides this for me. Due to that the batteries tend to lower their potency and u have to be on top of that. Even as was said afrer 1 use But I find that I like vaping less overall. A trench will last me 3 nights and then as an edible 1 and half nights. This is quite noteworthy as the cost of the material is an issue, I do not freely overspend in general,

I do think I will try a higher hitter in the future, just to have a different experience of the herb.

6. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

Well got my response today, here goes.
    Thanks for your inquiry, we appreciate your interest in the Power Adapter and car accessories. We are very excited that the Power Adapter will be ready for wholesale this summer! Please respond to the following questions so I may best direct you to the proper channel:

- What is your desired purchase volume, as well as desired order frequency?
    - Are you currently selling vaporizers or smoke-related products?
    - Are you established as a retail and/or wholesale distributor with brick and mortar locations and/or online?
    - Please share a link to your website, if available.

I look forward to your response. Wishing you a lovely day!
    With Warm Regards,
    Julie

--
    Julie Chiariello
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    So I guess first things first, purchase volume, PM me if you want in on the deal. I will wait a week then total up the PM's and send in the final count. Poll is closed at Massdrop and the only comment so far is from some ignorant little bastard that doesn't know shit and says it isn't even a proper vape. So I don't know what is going on there.

ShipDit, RUDE BOY, Buildozer and 2 others like this.
  7. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Good luck with your plan. The point that interests me is that she's indicating that the PA will be available from other vendors starting this summer.

8. smokemirror

smokemirror Well-Known Member

Yes, I also heard that the PA will be released for wholesale this summer and it will then also be available for purchase in Europe.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  9. hipdipskip

hipdipskip New Member

Whats up ya'll. I've had my box for a couple months now, got that nice looking cherry wood at a local shop for only $109!!

Things great, rarely combust unless i'm with friends.

I haven't had any issues with the box yet and somehow managed to keep the screen clean but I just got my concentrate tray in the mail today and it worked great but bubbled over onto the screen. Gotta use tiny dabs I've now learned.

What's the best way to clean the concentrate tray? Would my propane torch work or do I need to buy a butane?

ShipDit likes this.
  10. Zingbuddah

Zingbuddah Vaporologist

If you've got a gas stove that is more than sufficient.

Propane or butane torch will work to heat it to the appropriate temp.

Quetzalcoatl and Vicki like this.
  11. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I use a $5.00 torch lighter I got at Walgreens. It works great cleaning my concentrate trays.

ShipDit and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  12. VaporWarehouse

VaporWarehouse Well-Known Member Retailer

We just received images and news that the new Power Adaptor 2.0 will start shipping July 29. Retail is $79. It's a great looking design.

poonman and Vicki like this.
  13. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

How is it different from the old power adapter that I currently own?

14. Ike

Ike Member

After completely neglecting all of my other pieces when my LSV arrived about a month ago, I finally picked the MFLB up again, and it still delivers. What a great little piece. Does anybody have experience with the new logo/glyph batteries? How do they compare to the stock ones? I ordered a pair but they won't be here until next week. I'm also interested in that new power adapter, looking forward to pictures and info!

Vicki, OF and ShipDit like this.
  15. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

The batteries are great,they get hotter faster,if ya know what I mean. You can definatly combust with them,something I was never able to do with the stock one or the 2700s. That new power adapter should be at the very top of your "things to buy" list. That way you can use it when and where you want.
    One last thing,ALWAYS keep a launch box in your collection,always. Maybe even get 2 or more to stash in case of a Zombie Holocaust. Zombies hate marijuana vapor,that's a fact that no tests have ever proven.
    Be safe and always have MFLB close by,she won't let you down.

16. RTA

RTA Member

The Logo batts are superior to the old stock ones. Better performance, in my experience I have started to see vapor in as little as a second to three second. Last 4 trenches, but now( I received them in January) are only lasting 2-3 trenches with everyday use. Longer shelf life compared to the old ones. They also seem to heat up more. Which is nice, I can vape a small dab of oil with the CT.

As for the new power adapter, I hope it's even more powerful with a nice glowing glyph on the battery end with a magnetic click lock to secure it to the box. Along with an on/off push button.

What's next, a small fan adapter.

Also wanted to mention that I've been letting the rails buildup for a few months now.. It's been making a nice little hash patty. Just tried it after a trench. Produces a good amount of Vapor and has a nice taste to it.

17. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

That's because marijuana rots your brain. I know this because I was told by the government. Zombies eat brains, and nobody likes rotten food, not even zombies. I never made the connection until now, though. Thanks to you, I now feel safe. I'll just vape my way through the coming zombie apocalypse.

The PA is brilliant because it allows you to set an upper limit on the temperature. You can cool the LB down by drawing harder but you won't make it any hotter even if you don't draw at all, and this means you can avoid combustion completely. You can ensure consistent low temperatures too, which is how I use mine.

18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

What's the old joke, 'drinking kills brain cells.....but only the weak ones'?

As Skeeter Skelton once wisely put it, "there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors".

"The Doc says it'll kill me, but he won't say when".

OF

Quetzalcoatl and Buildozer like this.
  19. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

Skeeter Skelton...never would have thought...Good one OF!
    Back to the topic at hand,(heehehee..")! Has anyone run the new PA through it's paces? Hard to see how they could improve on the old one,but the folks at MFLB always seem to work their magic.:clap:

OF likes this.
  20. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Zombies are jealous because they lack the motor skills to use the launch box and get frustrated. Which might help explain why they are so often in a foul mood

ShipDit likes this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I suspect they're addressing the cord breakdown, loose switch and other problems that cropped up with the initial unit? Perhaps a package change and I hope some reference marks on the dial? Mine has given great service, not everyone shares that experience.

Old Skeeter also said "Your Doctor may tell you there's no nutritional value to Bourbon, but there's thousands of guys out there proving him wrong every day". I miss guys with irreverent senses of humor like that.

OF

Vicki, ShipDit and Buildozer like this.
  22. b0

b0 Vapor powered

Hi guys! After using my WPW I found that I don't know how a whip must be cleaned! :doh: It's fine if I just put some ISO + Salt in there and shake it and then rise with hot water or is there a better way?

OF likes this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That would be what I would do....will do when mine gets ugly absent a better idea. If it wrecks something, please speak up before I wreck mine too? TIA

OF

b0 likes this.
  24. Musicslv

Musicslv Active Member

Sorry to perhaps (I'm sure) cover old ground, but what is the consensus here on keef in the trench? I read about it the other day, tried it, and holy cow! Real nice! But I worry it's going to mess up the screen. It doesn't melt, in fact it seems to clump up so maybe It's fine. I had less luck using keef in the tray... Love the Full Melt Tray though!

ShipDit likes this.
  25. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

It's all good,I've been Vaping kief in the 'box for many months and have had no problems at all. I don't even really clean it either,just brush the screen and carry on. I think that as long as nothing actualy melts into/through the screen you'll be fine. I've never tried the tray yet,no acess to oils. But if you would like a full evaluation by someone who is in no way qualified,send me some oil and I'll report back ASAP!
    [​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors