Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
... using a small amount lipbalm/vaseline on the top edge/lip/seam of the nano grinder. This helps tremendously when all you have is really sticky/wet material. I had so much trouble before doing this, this tip has saved me a lot of time.

Just to be clear, you suggest using it to "oil" the grinder so to speak? My understanding of optimal LB use is that your material it supposed to be dry. DRY dry. Drier the better. It's been mentioned time and time again that if your grinder "tears" through the stuff instead of just breaking it up, it's not dry enough. Have you tried leaving a bit out to get bone dry and then grinding it? You can totally feel the difference. It's been my experience (and my opinion) that if it's not dry, the vapors coming out of the box are "weaker" since the water is being heated as well as all the other goodies. Dry goodies means less energy spent on moisture and more on the party favors.

Not to say that you're doing it wrong, oh god you're such a dummy, etc etc. That's not my intention at all! I do suggest that you leave a bit out to dry as much as possible. You could set it on a piece of paper on top of the TV receiver box and cover it with something so that no dust or animal hairs land on it and/or it blows away (a cup or a bowl [lol] should suffice.) Pretty much my way now is, I'll get home from the spot, appreciate/photograph my medical marijuana (I'm a patient), begin the de-stemming (I save my stems), then I put it all in my grinder and get it down to my desired consistency. I dump it out on some paper and spread it out a little bit to dry for a few hours. When I come back to it, it's dry and ready to go. Dump it back into the container, fill my vial for the day, and go about.

The good thing about vaporizing is that I don't have to worry about keeping it air-tight anymore. It took me some time to get over the hump of "OH GOD NO WHY IS IT ALL DRY" before reminding myself that I only vaporize now and it works out better the drier it is.

Edit: I wanted to add this bit at the end, I realized just after I hit "submit post" that I should have added that the "weaker hits" bit only "applies" if you use batteries. If you have to take bigger hits, and more of them due to high moisture content, you'll drain the batteries faster. Obviously it doesn't apply if you own a power adapter :)

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

OF

I'm certain none of the regulars would think you were soliciting for a freeby, Bigdaddy, I understood it was meant as humour.

Fer sure. Not to worry, I mean who takes him seriously????

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Fer sure. Not to worry, I mean who takes him seriously????

OF
I first thought "I should report this post for soliciting to be a beta tester" but I glanced at the avatar and saw that it was BDV, so I just laughed (if anyone knows the rules, he does). :lol:

He does seem to end up with a lot of free shit, though. :tinfoil:
:peace:

Stu,

Just to be clear, you suggest using it to "oil" the grinder so to speak? My understanding of optimal LB use is that your material it supposed to be dry. DRY dry. Drier the better. It's been mentioned time and time again that if your grinder "tears" through the stuff instead of just breaking it up, it's not dry enough. Have you tried leaving a bit out to get bone dry and then grinding it? You can totally feel the difference. It's been my experience (and my opinion) that if it's not dry, the vapors coming out of the box are "weaker" since the water is being heated as well as all the other goodies. Dry goodies means less energy spent on moisture and more on the party favors.

Not to say that you're doing it wrong, oh god you're such a dummy, etc etc. That's not my intention at all! I do suggest that you leave a bit out to dry as much as possible. You could set it on a piece of paper on top of the TV receiver box and cover it with something so that no dust or animal hairs land on it and/or it blows away (a cup or a bowl [lol] should suffice.) Pretty much my way now is, I'll get home from the spot, appreciate/photograph my medical marijuana (I'm a patient), begin the de-stemming (I save my stems), then I put it all in my grinder and get it down to my desired consistency. I dump it out on some paper and spread it out a little bit to dry for a few hours. When I come back to it, it's dry and ready to go. Dump it back into the container, fill my vial for the day, and go about.

The good thing about vaporizing is that I don't have to worry about keeping it air-tight anymore. It took me some time to get over the hump of "OH GOD NO WHY IS IT ALL DRY" before reminding myself that I only vaporize now and it works out better the drier it is.

Edit: I wanted to add this bit at the end, I realized just after I hit "submit post" that I should have added that the "weaker hits" bit only "applies" if you use batteries. If you have to take bigger hits, and more of them due to high moisture content, you'll drain the batteries faster. Obviously it doesn't apply if you own a power adapter :)

Thanks for the advice. I already knew everything you discussed but still find myself with mates material on short notice and the nano grinder even with dry material will jam or become difficult to use.

OF

I first thought "I should report this post for soliciting to be a beta tester" but I glanced at the avatar and saw that it was BDV, so I just laughed (if anyone knows the rules, he does). :lol:

Yup, we're talking about the same guy all right. I know what you mean about his getting asked to please take some free stuff and play with it, but if either of us could make a LB stand up and sing like he can I bet we'd be on the gravy train too?

It may be a small pool and all, but his a seriously big fish!

OF

OF,
Reactions: Stu

NateHevens

Rises, The Dark Knight
magicflight! What's up?

I can't thank you, again, enough for your help with my charger issues. The new charger works great. I hope y'all got the old one. I know we sent it out, so... yeah...

I remember reading something about y'all working on a possible adapter for liquids and extracts, or perhaps even a new vape for it... are there any updates or info at all on that? I'm curious...

Also, to the users out there... what is the best charger going at the moment for batteries? I'm still using the batters Magic flight sells, because those seem to be the best. The MF charger is good for now, but I'd like one with a lot more conveyed information and such. Recommendations?

NateHevens,

VisiblyVaped

Man, I don't believe I've found a better conservation vape that still rips me up as my mflb plus the power adapter. Car adapter too, I dont use batteries anymore. Adjustable temp is night and day difference IMO even talking about releasing certain active compounds from the material. And such a smooth draw,mmmmmm.

Kinda new to the thread, not as new to the forum as you may see.

Vaked off my mflb x pa now....and I have a DB or EQ here by my bed.
Sometimes you just gotta take flight...

By the way, OF, if you read this......what vapes do you own abd have used?
I see you in almost every thread I post in..

VisiblyVaped,

OF

By the way, OF, if you read this......what vapes do you own abd have used?
I see you in almost every thread I post in..

An embarrassing number to look back on it. Sorry to be plugging up the works wherever you go, there are some I've never been interested in so stay off those Forums (it a rule you know.....), keep looking, you'll find 'em.

I generally use MFLB, Omicron carts, T1 more than Evolution, DART more than Revolution, Vapman (IMO lots of fun and very frugal), and HA? Sometimes Iolite, lately DV, VGs from time to time and the PD in reflective times. I have handy, but don't often use, Lotus and think I still have one box vape left I haven't used in a long time. Hey, I even like messing with Eubie sometimes. Ever try it?

I've also got a Palm I can't seem to get to work for me, although I think it has some good features going for it.

I guess as a nerd I kinda am attracted to the process and enjoy the engineering going on.

OF

VisiblyVaped

An embarrassing number to look back on it. Sorry to be plugging up the works wherever you go, there are some I've never been interested in so stay off those Forums (it a rule you know.....), keep looking, you'll find 'em.

I generally use MFLB, Omicron carts, T1 more than Evolution, DART more than Revolution, Vapman (IMO lots of fun and very frugal), and HA? Sometimes Iolite, lately DV, VGs from time to time and the PD in reflective times. I have handy, but don't often use, Lotus and think I still have one box vape left I haven't used in a long time. Hey, I even like messing with Eubie sometimes. Ever try it?

I've also got a Palm I can't seem to get to work for me, although I think it has some good features going for it.

I guess as a nerd I kinda am attracted to the process and enjoy the engineering going on.

OF
I enjoy your thread presence. It generally keeps peace and adds knowledge.
I'm an avid MFLB user, and I enjoy my EQ and DB as stationerys for huge clouds.
Tried the T1, hated the draw. I hate restrictive draws, felt like it constricted the lungs. Hence why I cant purchase anymore TV products, a log vape, or the pax from my reading. Hell, I rarely use my solo due to that even with Eds stems. Thats why I love the mflb x pa combo.
We both know about the puffit thing, ill know next week my opinion on that thing. Only other one I'm very curious about is the inhalater....
Never heard of many that you mentioned but I only really converted months ago so I'm in no way a vaporizer expert nor conessuir.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thank you for the lovely introduction. I already have a LB and nano grinder. I have also exchanged a few emails with the MF family and they are happy, friendly and polite.

A few tips I've found that make my experience that much better is using a small amount lipbalm/vaseline on the top edge/lip/seam of the nano grinder. This helps tremendously when all you have is really sticky/wet material. I had so much trouble before doing this, this tip has saved me a lot of time.
Another tip if you lost your small brush is to use the small brushes that come with shavers. I've actually found it does a better job of cleaning the trench than the stock MF brush!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4188zLcpNYL._SY300_.jpg

One of our regulars and a man, that has taught me a LOT about more, than just the MFLB, Vitolo is the one that imparted this wisdom on me/us. "If the herb, feels like its ripping, tearing or shredding in the grinder... its too wet." Don't do it. Trust me... my MFLB went to turbo mode, when along with that advice, then a VERY long discussion we had with MF themselves... convinced me, dry bud (you want it to actually "grind" in the grinder) and a very fine grind. Your efficiency and enjoyment of the Box with magnify tenfold.

I concur with the shaving brush. I have a couple... and they are my preferred.

Yup, we're talking about the same guy all right. I know what you mean about his getting asked to please take some free stuff and play with it, but if either of us could make a LB stand up and sing like he can I bet we'd be on the gravy train too?

It may be a small pool and all, but his a seriously big fish!

OF

Oh please... :rolleyes:

Trust me, its my good looks. People are a sucker for a looker, didn't you guys know that? Flash some man boobage/cleavage and they're eating from my hands.

Dress for success!

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: 443330

OF

Trust me, its my good looks. People are a sucker for a looker, didn't you guys know that? Flash some man boobage/cleavage and they're eating from my hands.

Dress for success!

Boy doesn't that just show you how screwed up 'facts' you get on the internet can be. I thought it was because you could dance better than Fred Astaire.

Too bad about the dressing like Ginger Rogers part, though..... That part might be a problem in some places I guess? We get a lot of that on the San Francisco side of the bay, you know.

OF

ll11

Hence why I cant purchase anymore TV products, a log vape, or the pax from my reading.

Just fyi, the underdog has a very unrestricted draw. I believe most of the current generation of log vapes do as well, but I can't speak from experience on those.

Also, I'm thinking about picking up a new portable/backup vape. I don't need a portable very often (mostly for out in the woods), and as a backup I'd like it to be able to sit in a drawer for a year or more and still be ready to go if the power's out. Is the mflb a good choice?

ll11,
Hey everybody. Love reading this thread in my free time (and even not free time. LOL). I was wondering if anybody could help me determine the differences between the two MF micro grinders. The black one vs the silver one. I only ask because the prices are different and the MF site says the black was updated, but they don't state what was changed. Thanks in advance!

Hightened_Mind,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Just fyi, the underdog has a very unrestricted draw. I believe most of the current generation of log vapes do as well, but I can't speak from experience on those.

Also, I'm thinking about picking up a new portable/backup vape. I don't need a portable very often (mostly for out in the woods), and as a backup I'd like it to be able to sit in a drawer for a year or more and still be ready to go if the power's out. Is the mflb a good choice?
Sure, as long as the batteries have been charged sometime in the last year. Supposedly at a year sitting, they should still retain around 80% of their charge. I mean, if this is true (no experience with this myself), as long as you pop them on the charger every few months or so, they should retain most, if not almost all, of their charge.

Not to push you away from this vape, but have you considered butane-fueled devices? A can of butane stores well.

Hey everybody. Love reading this thread in my free time (and even not free time. LOL). I was wondering if anybody could help me determine the differences between the two MF micro grinders. The black one vs the silver one. I only ask because the prices are different and the MF site says the black was updated, but they don't state what was changed. Thanks in advance!

Judging by the two pictures that they have on the site, the black grinder has more teeth and a different pattern compared to the the silver one.

I've already been in touch with Erik at MF about this, he said he has emailed the CEO to find out exactly what the changes are. Hopefully receive an answer soon.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor

i would say that the MFLB wouldn't be a bad choice for you. i also have a UD which i love since im always getting huge clouds from it but obviously i can't bring it everywhere even with a car adapter. i think the MFLB compliments the UD real well which is why i've held onto my LB even though some of my friends have offered to buy it off me. i recently took my LB for a day trip to Block Island (in New England) with my girlfriend. i brought two batteries and several trenches worth. with a solid technique i didn't even have to use my second battery and went through two trench which was able to keep me at a solid buzz for the whole day. didn't want to be too vaked :ko: so i hope that helps coming from someone else at the Dog Pound.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Boy doesn't that just show you how screwed up 'facts' you get on the internet can be. I thought it was because you could dance better than Fred Astaire.

Too bad about the dressing like Ginger Rogers part, though..... That part might be a problem in some places I guess? We get a lot of that on the San Francisco side of the bay, you know.

OF

I am better looking than Ginger Rogers.

San Fran... great place to visit (in fact, out of 20 different countries and I don't know how many states and cities... I love San Fran)... but I wouldn't want to live there. ;)

I'd love to come up and see the glass district up there. Maybe whenever, if ever I get some damn checks... my wife and I will head up that way. We could hook up. She's not into MMJ, since her job now. But, she knows and I think most of her disapproving now, is because... shhh! She can't.

Can you still buy bread bowls of clam chowder for $5, down in the touristy wharf district?

BigDaddyVapor,

OF

I am better looking than Ginger Rogers.

San Fran... great place to visit (in fact, out of 20 different countries and I don't know how many states and cities... I love San Fran)... but I wouldn't want to live there. ;)

Can you still buy bread bowls of clam chowder for $5, down in the touristy wharf district?

So I hear. There are so few really good photos of her to go by, but if you say so, I believe it. I hear you have better calves too? There's a mental image for you......

You know the joke, "She had to everything Astaire did. Backwards. In heals"?

Yes, I agree SF is a great country to visit. Every time I go there I get lost. Without fail. DubC used to live there though, let's make him drive?

Last time I was there it was still available. The seals have taken over the joint, docks covered with them to the delight of the tourists. They're cute for a little while. Like the tourists come to think of it.

OF

Can we get any rumors for new products or anything so that I can get pumped up to buy something awesome from Magic Flight in the future? :) Thanks! :wave:

Hightened_Mind,

VisiblyVaped

Can we get any rumors for new products or anything so that I can get pumped up to buy something awesome from Magic Flight in the future? :) Thanks! :wave:
I'm assuming you have the PA and car adapter they make?
Besides a water pipe adapter I'd say youd be set there MFLB wise

VisiblyVaped,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm guessing here, but I think we might see something that at least makes us go "wow... did it again!". Its been a couple years almost, since the click-lock. With the re-release of some of the specialty wood boxes and these new grinders, plus... yes, holiday season is just around the corner.

VisiblyVaped

I'm guessing here, but I think we might see something that at least makes us go "wow... did it again!". Its been a couple years almost, since the click-lock. With the re-release of some of the specialty wood boxes and these new grinders, plus... yes, holiday season is just around the corner.
I got the PA, the car adapter, 8 batteries, 3 chargers, 2 LBs........what more could they make me buy?

VisiblyVaped,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I don't know. I certainly wasn't expecting those new grinders. I just want to buy one of the exotics before they go bye again. Might have to wait until the next run. Though, at that point... its really form. I like form... but function is most important. I don't think the exotics vape any different. ???

I've got the PA, WPA, 4 new Imedion 2400s. Do I need more? With the MFLB, HI and a VB? Naw. But, like most here... that list typically grows, the more time we spend around here.

Top Bottom