sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
I agree that I also don't take my LB out in social situations. I've found that, if the people I'm teaching are also cigarette smokers, they don't care for the LB. One person actually said to me that they want/missed the effect of the carcinogens that are present during combustion. They feel less of a high when that "rush" isn't present during vaping with the LB.

sydnee,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I agree that I also don't take my LB out in social situations. I've found that, if the people I'm teaching are also cigarette smokers, they don't care for the LB. One person actually said to me that they want/missed the effect of the carcinogens that are present during combustion. They feel less of a high when that "rush" isn't present during vaping with the LB.
That's usually what keeps smokers away from vaporizing. The "throat hit" of taking a huge bongload isn't the same as a bag or a vape like the box. The three people I've shared it with all understood exactly how to use it and were getting nice vapor clouds within three pulls. Maybe I'm just lucky :brow:

Quetzalcoatl,

VisiblyVaped

Sydney-
That would sound like a version of the uninformed and immature smoker I was. I do remember that feeling, but from the iolite.
I LOVE my mflb so much im tempted to buy another so if one breaks i have a spare while they honor the warranty....

And i have other vapes

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: OF

poonman

Hello All ,
I can't go thru 688 pages and counting .
Please help :)

My mflb browns the herbs and produces minimal vapors . ( unlike before )
I got new batteries ( powerex 2400 ) , the orange light comes on .
My trench is DARKENED from too many accidental combustions .
But it just browns the herbs , even with proper shaking and tiny staggered inhales .

Is this term called " hitting cold " ?
Is it covered by my life-time warranty for a replacement or repairs ?

Please help , it would be greatly appreciated :)

Or
" For the love of God , can someone find me some papers " !

poonman,

VisiblyVaped

Hello All ,

But it just browns the herbs , even with proper shaking and tiny staggered inhales .

Or

I'm new with the mflb, but are those compatible batteries?

Curious how long you've had it/frequency of use?

VisiblyVaped,

poonman

I'm new with the mflb, but are those compatible batteries?

Curious how long you've had it/frequency of use?

Hello VisV ,
That much I have read :)
it was mentioned somewhere in the first 300 pages ...LOL

You can , apparently use Powerex 2700 mah , also .
For extra current output .

I've had it for almost 1 year .
Once you get the hang of using it , it does produces some very tasteful vapors .
But I for one would not put it in the " user-friendly " category . quite the opposite . imo

Having said that ,
If mflb is willing to send me a new replacement , I'll be ordering the PA too .
I'm such a Putz !

You see , that's proof I have done my " tour of duty " on this thread .

Now can Mr. Bueller help me with mine ?

poonman,

Quetzalcoatl

Now can Mr. Bueller help me with mine ?

Hey there PM,

Sounds like a bad situation to be in! Are you sure there's NO vapors at all? They don't have to be visible, you know. Maybe try holding a fresh charged battery in for 5-7 seconds, and "sip" the vapor out and immediately exhale. If you see nothing, then maybe your box is acting funny. If you see vapors on the exhale, then maybe you're actually absorbing them? Do you feel any effects?

If you want to use the warranty, go here to do it: http://magic-flight.com/contact.php

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: poonman

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello All ,

Or

To test whether your LB is running too cool, use the test described here: 4.16 How can I tell if my Box is running too cool? If it fails this test, you can apply for a warranty replacement. Follow this procedure: 11.2 What is the procedure to make a warranty claim?

pakalolo,

poonman

To test whether your LB is running too cool, use the test described here: 4.16 How can I tell if my Box is running too cool? If it fails this test, you can apply for a warranty replacement. Follow this procedure: 11.2 What is the procedure to make a warranty claim?

Thank you pakalolo and Quetzalcoatl ,

To answer Q ;
I see some vapors and only good for 1 to 1 n 1/2 hits .
Whereas before , I can see the plexiglass gets fogged up , depending how long I hold the battery
or not . In fact , if I kept the battery held in longer that 10 to 12 seconds without shaking it .
It could combust my herbs . Plus I could get a minimum 3 good hits/sessions on 1 trench before .
Irregardless , it is not performing the way it used to , the way I love . That is a fact .

And pakalolo ,
I read 4.16 . I'm confused a little .
Am I to " try " to hold the batteries long enough without inhaling , to combust the herbs .
And that will prove , it's " not " considered cold . If it combusts my herbs ?

Either way ,
I will contact mflb and see what they say about the warranty .
But thanx again pakalolo for the direct link .

I'll Have Another ,
Happy Cannabizing .

poonman,

OF

I see some vapors and only good for 1 to 1 n 1/2 hits .

This sounds like a battery issue. If the battery was good and the box cold (drawing too little power to get hot enough) it would last longer, not shorter than normal. The fact you see it degrade in under a minute rather than several points to the battery or charger.

Do all your batteries behave the same?

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
And pakalolo ,
I read 4.16 . I'm confused a little .
Am I to " try " to hold the batteries long enough without inhaling , to combust the herbs .
And that will prove , it's " not " considered cold . If it combusts my herbs ?

As the article says, you're not supposed to inhale at all. The idea is just to heat up the herbs and see what happens. You're not trying to reach combustion either, although with a hot LB that could occur. Again as the article says, after two minutes of battery power without inhaling the load should be deep brown and perhaps black on the bottom, without reaching combustion. If you get light brown or green then your LB is cold and needs replacement.

This sounds like a battery issue. If the battery was good and the box cold (drawing too little power to get hot enough) it would last longer, not shorter than normal. The fact you see it degrade in under a minute rather than several points to the battery or charger.

Do all your batteries behave the same?

OF

I guess I overlooked that it deteriorates that quickly. poonman's original post mentioned new Powerex 2400s so that possibility escaped me. If they are new batteries then the charger becomes the primary suspect.

pakalolo,

Quetzalcoatl

Right, but he said no vapors yet it combusts which is really confusing. Maybe it's the herb itself? I've had some strains that just do not produce much vapor, to the point where I thought it wasn't working right. The effects, of course, told me otherwise.

VisiblyVaped

I will stay tuned, im curious...

Sidenote - MFLB fans are so nice, fans of other vapes...not saying anything else....they get defensive and border on rude.
I'm in the mflb fanboy boat now. I love this little thing

poonman

Right, but he said no vapors yet it combusts which is really confusing. Maybe it's the herb itself? I've had some strains that just do not produce much vapor, to the point where I thought it wasn't working right. The effects, of course, told me otherwise.

I'll try to clarify ,
I only combusts when inhaling .
I haven't try to combust it without inhaling ...yet .
Yes , new batteries , and I take good care with the caps to prevent the batteries from touching at all .
They have rested on my pillows and bedding material away from each other .
Now the batteries do get hot and I have to switch batt.
It produces some/minimal vapors on the first hit , using the staggered inhales method as shown from
others on this thread . Then it just browns the herb with shaking , but no vapors , what so ever .
Now I know , I used to get more hits out of 1 trench , 3 to 4 .Before it turns Dark, dark .

The charger seems to be working .
Red lights when charging . Turns blue when finished .
I also used the same charger to charge the old batts.
The old batts didn't even produce vapors or get hot in my hands .
So , I don't think it's the charger .

Anyhoo ,
I've contacted mflb and will wait for their response .
I told them , that I would purchase their PA ( $59.00 )
If they send me a " free " replacement .
Did I say free ?
I'm such a Putz :)

Thank you all for your help .
Happy Vaping

poonman,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
MAGIC-FLIGHT, your attention please.

Is there a new design for 2012? A couple things I noticed on my warranty replacement. There's a small divot directly in the center of the wood, below the trench. Now, it looks to me, like tip of a router or drill bit, caused this when hollowing out the trench area.

However, something else I've never noticed on an MLFB. When I look down into that area, below the screen... on the left-hand side of the cut-out... it looks like maybe a dozen .5 mm holes have been placed around the outer edge.

Sorry no pictures, but with the screen in place I can't get it to focus fine enough.

No complaints. Far from it. Box is working wonderfully, though still in the break-in hot period, it is roasting my herb to a perfect and even consistency. I just haven't ever noticed this on my box, though sometimes I am slow on the uptake.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
If it is a warranty issue, they will replace it. :)

The PA is always a good investment, IMO. It saves batteries, and combined with the car adapter, means I'm hardly using batteries at all. :)

Vicki,

VisiblyVaped

If it is a warranty issue, they will replace it. :)

The PA is always a good investment, IMO. It saves batteries, and combined with the car adapter, means I'm hardly using batteries at all. :)
I've been eyeing this, though Im not sure how fast their shipping is from them and I couldnt find it on my favorite vape e-tailers. I swear I might order another mflb too just because I love this thing so much....
And I NEED that car adapter so badly...

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Vicki

poonman

I've been eyeing this, though Im not sure how fast their shipping is from them and I couldnt find it on my favorite vape e-tailers. I swear I might order another mflb too just because I love this thing so much....
And I NEED that car adapter so badly...

I'm pretty sure ,mflb is the only true distributor on the PA .
You might find a used one on e-bay and such sites .
But , not any other vape shops . ( I think )

re : car adaptor
I think any car invertor will work the same . ( not sure )

"And now back to our regular scheduled program"...

poonman,

VisiblyVaped

I'm pretty sure ,mflb is the only true distributor on the PA .
You might find a used one on e-bay and such sites .
But , not any other vape shops . ( I think )

re : car adaptor
I think any car invertor will work the same . ( not sure )

"And now back to our regular scheduled program"...
hows their shipping? regarding like fast, slow, expensive, etc? I'll be honest, ive barely checked their site I order from gotvape almost exclusively as they are very good to me

VisiblyVaped,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Had a PA for like 6 months before I started using it. Mostly because I was on the down-low. Yes, I've come out of the MMJ closet. I don't announce it, nor preach it (unless someone asks). But, I don't hide it ('cept from my 11 y/o, for the time being) and if my friends are paying close enough attention, they'll catch on.

It totally changes the dynamic of the box. Want a long drawn out, almost no browning flavor hit... I can taste the grapes straight off the vine, in Grape Krush by adjusting the PA down to (new box) 25-30%. In fact, I have learned to keep my LB in a 5-10% temp range I run thru that takes every trench to uniformly any color/level of brown, green, mix you want. With a whip or the WPA (I prefer whip)... and glass water filtration, I could live my life without any other vape. I would have to go without oils, but eh... I can live with that.

I always kind of cringe when I see MFLB in "former vapes" signatures. I can see adding to a collection and perhaps parting with other redundant vapes... but I will ALWAYS own my Box. Who the Hell formerly owns an exotic? Shame on you, if you've rid yourself of one for any reason, unless you own multiples. I fart in your direction!
fart.gif

BigDaddyVapor,

madeon

does the MFLB kill batteries or something? I bought some powerex 2700 along with their wizard charger , broke in the batteries etc, they were fine for a month or two, then i noticed several batteries getting weaker. the light in my mflb is still working fine and it tells me how strong the battery is... i know this because i still have one powerex that can hold a full charge and works perfect with the box.

According to the charger manual, for high capacity batteries like these you are supposed to charge them at a higher rate, so i usually set it at 1000 or 1400. any tips on prolonging battery life? or am i supposed to buy new ones every 3 months or so.

madeon,

octo

What does that mean?
Hey gang, I've noticed that my box has started to smell quite a bit more than I recall. The odor of vaped weed emitting from the box itself is quite strong. Note that the process of vaping doesn't smell, just the box. I was wondering if anyone else has that problem

octo,
Top Bottom