Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
^And be very careful doing it. While cleaning parts below the screen I've disconnected it's wire and the light stopped shining.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So I've been to the post. Got 2 letters. And there was written that my replacement and P and accessories are at customs and they need a reason from me or they inssist on keeping it and charging fees every day. Oh man. Problems like that. They behave like I've been ordering drugs and weapons.

edit: so after prolonged studying of that letters. It is just a lot of byrocracy i need to do. I had to send them e-mail that I will get it personally (I've travelled to my college at Prague, so I can get there). Now I need to get there with a lot of papers, like printed conversation with MF to prove that the warranty replacement is valid and it's number. PA number, PA order list, PA transaction prove... Wish me luck.

Seek,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Seek said:
edit: so after prolonged studying of that letters. It is just a lot of byrocracy i need to do. I had to send them e-mail that I will get it personally (I've travelled to my college at Prague, so I can get there). Now I need to get there with a lot of papers, like printed conversation with MF to prove that the warranty replacement is valid and it's number. PA number, PA order list, PA transaction prove... Wish me luck.

It makes me smile to think that you will be using (again) this amazing piece of design in one of the most beautiful city in the world... Good luck Seek.

Vaporisateur,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I still have one of the early versions with the light - still works fine though I have had to de-gunk the light carefully of course.

One thing worthy of note IMHO... the light was added as a convenience and is AWESOME for a new user especially. Many of us used the boxes before the light was added. I found I only really use the light myself to judge if a battery is still well charged. To me, the box is best used by feel. You use that sucker enough - you become one with the box ROFL...okay not that but... it becomes very easy to gauge heat, etc. by feel over time. If my lights died - I'd be bummed but not terribly bothered. The light doesn't tell you how hot the box is but your tongue will.

Lo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Sooooo... Update time! :)

From the smiley you can already assume that it went good. Not the progress, but the result.

It was hell of a byrocracy. Sending me from one place to another for a good hour. And in final I've paid at customs for the replacement and PA as for the PA itself. Had to describe, what a vaporizer is ("You put some tobacco in there...") and fortunately all these papers I've brought were essential and nothing more needed. The PA is bigger, than I thought, definetely look quality. I'm going to test it right now. Can't process that much awesome. I think I'll connect the PA to the old box first so I don't explode by enjoying. OH and the new box looks so new! I almost have an urge to keep it as virgin as it looks so good. And yes, has the lid-lock, already clocked with it multiple times with :) on my face.

Oh and these sweet writings from MF to me. With glittery signature. You're best Magic-Flight! Thank you again.

edit2: Done few hits with old box. First impresion absolute same as JDSupreme's. And everyone else's. :D

Love the possibility to adjust voltage, than its infinite power, but the best thing is it's better heat retension (and faster heat-up time, like doubled as opposed to a brand new battery). I've done few hits, but everytime blowed a cloud same or bigger than with a water-pipe. And tasty. If i blow cloud like this from battery it tastes scorched. Have to try that with a water pipe. And later with the new box after I take it's photo. Don't have any camera here on college, so expect only phone photo, not these wonderful macros I've posted before. Bummer. I wanted to take the prettiest photo of this brand-new box. But I don't see myself not trying it for 2 weeks. Only bad thing I've noticed about it yet is than it doesn't fit snugly in neither old and new box. So I'll have to correct it by some tape...

Seek,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Thanks for sharing seek, very happy for you :) I'm still waiting for a replacement box myself too, so let's hope it doesn't get stuck at customs like yours. :uhoh:

Vaporisateur,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The new box looks so lighter. I can't believe it's the same wood (and how dirty the old one must be to be darker). Also I see the brand new on it's screen too. Its silver and completely transparent. I think that will change after just one use. Oh and the chart of temp I've already figured out:

Middle: Powerful, can burn like new battery.
Two clicks down: Burning only by ultra slow draw. Not recognizing any drop in performance.
Five click under middle (like 1/4 of the scale): Impossible burning, performs more like battery, but still powerful. This could be my sweet spot.
I don't go lower now. Maybe try it sometime with a new load.
Higher than middle is very powerful, needs fast draw and shorter hits. Good for ending a load. Never possible with battery to increase temperature as session goes. Also above middle settings work great with pulsing the heat.

EDIT:
So now I'm vaping with a water pipe. Only one hit and I blow Cloud big as triple hit with battery. I've done two hits together and blowed Cloud like the first hit from the EQ whip elbow pack. But with EQ this kills the load, it's still green in the LB. I think I don't want the VXC anymore (don't take me seriously, I do, I'm just sayings things from ectstasy)

EDIT2:
New technique accepted. A short whip was also in my accesories I've bought with the PA. So I use the PA with that whip, set it high, and shake while hitting. Cloudy. Not a single black point. Also staring at the PA I see it is also as beautiful as the LB. And complements it in the appearance. I see more and more ingenious details as are on the LB itself. It clearly is MF's work.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've never derailed. Never stopped using the old one, even now. The old one works with batteries. But slowly. And with PA even the old one catches new breath. The new one is very hot, did few hits and cleaned it softly so it looks as new again probably. It hit hot! Needs 1/3 of PA scale. I believe it will drop a bit after few uses.

Also it's good I've got an acrylic stem and a whip. My glass stem broke few days after I've ordered it all. In very odd way. I've been vaping and then when finished I've managed to pull it out. It broke in two pieces almost without force. I think this happens to old very used glass. The piece that left in the mouthpiece was very short and I couldn't get it out, I had to break it - scratching the mouthpice of my oldie a bit. The second piece was still long, so I've put it the sharp end into the waterpipe so it can get at least some more work to do.

Next I've got the nano-grinder (nice one, for LB ideal, but now it shines new as the PA already did it's kick from ther load from before)
Two batteries with caps - I've lost one cap, so two new are welcome. Also they fit snugly and work well.
Two 2x battery cases for i don't know
Two ABV containers, one as ABV container, one as herb cache. Great.
That's all.

I want to enjoy the PA more, but I'm already too damn high.

Seek,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^^hey so the PA gives more heat and better hits? I thought it was just a power solution rather than batteries. If so, can more heat be achieved with the better batteries ive read some upgrade to?

YoGranMazPimp,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
^^ You will never be able to achieve the same results with batteries when compared to the PA. The PA actually brings the MFLB to life IMO.

Vaporisateur,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
^^Facts and speculations truer than true. PA delivers bigger hits with less combustion and more heat retention infinitely somehow. Plus you can adjust it and it looks as artistic as MFLB, and same style. OH ans it's also very ergonomic.

Seek,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I wouldn't depend on batteries to give you more heat, it sounds risky.

I actually had a stock MFLB battery nearly explode (it hisses and expanded and leaked fluid).

You should get the PA if you would like to control the heat.

When I first got my PA it was set so high it basically combusted (ABV was black..not brown), so any temperature seems possible.

sessnet,

caseball2051

I wish I could try out a PA without buying one. I only use my launchbox on the go so its kinda pointless to buy one. I have a unit for homeuse already so it never gets used near an electrical outlet.

If the adatper is half as good as the box itself its a great proudct though!

just gotta weigh your usage out and where you use.

caseball2051,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
caseball2051 said:
I wish I could try out a PA without buying one. I only use my launchbox on the go so its kinda pointless to buy one. I have a unit for homeuse already so it never gets used near an electrical outlet.

If the adatper is half as good as the box itself its a great proudct though!

just gotta weigh your usage out and where you use.

I felt the same way as I got my launch box for on the go use but find myself using at home more and more when I'm feeling like the different level of medication I feel the box gives. I was thinking about the car power adapter for the LB...does it offer the same level of heat control as the PA?

YoGranMazPimp,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
sessnet said:

I actually had a stock MFLB battery nearly explode (it hisses and expanded and leaked fluid).

Is this common? The MFLB was sold for several years without a PA. If this is common then the MFLB should not be sold with AA batteries, and only used with a PA.
Can it be bad usage or does the MFLB stresses the AA batteries too much?

vorrange,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Not common, it didn't happen while it was in the MFLB itself. And, it happened to me when I didn't put the end caps on. Here's the recipe:

1. Act like you don't need end caps on your batteries

2. Put the battery into a pocket

3. Put something else metal into the pocket

4. When you see smoke coming from you, quickly realize the battery is about to explode

5. Remove the scalding-hot battery that is leaking - immediately. Throw onto floor and pray you are still alive.

sessnet,

caseball2051

vorrange said:
sessnet said:

Is this common? The MFLB was sold for several years without a PA. If this is common then the MFLB should not be sold with AA batteries, and only used with a PA.
Can it be bad usage or does the MFLB stresses the AA batteries too much?

It is developed to be used with batteries. that is how its supposed to be used.

the PA makes it an at home vape and not a portable.

I had a battery explode in my pocket once but it was due to my own error of letting a warm battery touch my change in my pocket. Ill never do that again, ill tell you that.

batteries will not hurt your unit at all.

caseball2051,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
YoGranMazPimp said:
I was thinking about the car power adapter for the LB...does it offer the same level of heat control as the PA?

The car adapter replaces only the 'second part' of the PA, which is the power transformer that plugs into the wall. So there is no difference really whether you use the car adapter or the wall power adaptor with the PA... Just make sure you start the engine every once in a while if you're vaping too much so you don't drain your car battery lol Unless you're vaping while driving? :o

Vaporisateur,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks for clearing that up sessnet, and it is a nice heads up for newbies. The metal on metal problem is due to the negative pole being exposed in the MFLB batteries, as opposed to regular NiMH batteries which have the plastic around it.

I'll be sure to watch out for that. :)

One question regarding the PA: Is it like a regular power supply with a variable voltage or is it like a rechargeable Li-on battery that can get used unplugged of the wall, like in a laptop?

vorrange,
Top Bottom