Melizzard

MoeOnTheMoon said:
By the way, I sympathize with the member who really needs it and I'd probably use one of these tactics, too, if I was her. But I wouldn't do it for recreation or minor medical marijuana symptoms.
Thanks Moe! Yeah, I'm gonna do it. My plan is to use the suggestion about the LB and tobacco ... definitely run a trough or two of tobacco thru the morning of the flight. As for my weed and oil, they will be put in veggie caps and carried in with my copious amounts of supplements. I use very little to get the job done, so probably 2-3 capsules will be all I need of weed for this trip. No way that could be considered transporting ... probably less than 1/2 gram.

Anyway, thank you all, SO MUCH, for your suggestions and your warnings ... I will definitely let you know how it goes. And thankfully, this trip, I'm going to Vegas, so NV is a legal state too. :) Good way to feel out the waters, so to speak! ;)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Melizzard said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
By the way, I sympathize with the member who really needs it and I'd probably use one of these tactics, too, if I was her. But I wouldn't do it for recreation or minor medical marijuana symptoms.
Thanks Moe! Yeah, I'm gonna do it. My plan is to use the suggestion about the LB and tobacco ... definitely run a trough or two of tobacco thru the morning of the flight. As for my weed and oil, they will be put in veggie caps and carried in with my copious amounts of supplements. I use very little to get the job done, so probably 2-3 capsules will be all I need of weed for this trip. No way that could be considered transporting ... probably less than 1/2 gram.

Anyway, thank you all, SO MUCH, for your suggestions and your warnings ... I will definitely let you know how it goes. And thankfully, this trip, I'm going to Vegas, so NV is a legal state too. :) Good way to feel out the waters, so to speak! ;)

xxoo
Melissa
Wow, I didn't realize Nevada is legal. Does that mean that I can take my meds and vaporizer with me from CA and use them in my hotel there with no risk? Man, I remember when Nevada had some of the WORST laws re mj! Them, and Texas...

MoeOnTheMoon,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Not to get off topic, but if you call some of the bigger hotels on the strip, and tell them you are MMJ from out of state and plan to smoke alot in your room, they will accommodate.

Back to the LB. I still love this thing. I have to smoke outside usually, and recently vaped inside my home. The other half didn't smell it, and she was happy, making me happy!
I love this thing.

SmokeTheState,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
SmokeTheState said:
Not to get off topic, but if you call some of the bigger hotels on the strip, and tell them you are MMJ from out of state and plan to smoke alot in your room, they will accommodate.

Back to the LB. I still love this thing. I have to smoke outside usually, and recently vaped inside my home. The other half didn't smell it, and she was happy, making me happy!
I love this thing.
Same here. I took mine into the bathroom last night because my wife doesn't like to smell it. I blew the light vapor up towards the fan. She went in there about 20 seconds afterwards and didn't smell a thing. (I also sprayed some eucalyptus oil just in case but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have smelled it even without that. I know with combustion, she'd have smelled it, with or without spraying anything.)

I also use my MZ and VG when she's not around and the vapor does not smell up the living room.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Melizzard

Can anyone tell me how the LB compares to the PD in terms of hit size/strength and how the actual draw compares? I've read, on this thread, how it's a little tricky, with the LB, getting the draw down so as not to combust, but to still get a decent hit.

Thanks!
xxo
mpb

Melizzard,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
I can tell you as compared to the Myrtlezap which is similar to the PD from what I have read here.

With the LB you have to inhale SUPER slow/light... that is, just barely breathing in, not like a normal toke off a joint or cigarette. Rather, it's a long, deep, S L O W gentle inhale.

On a new battery properly loaded with finely ground and dried herb, the LB hits pretty good, I'd say I get about half or 2/3 of a normal MZ hit (not a heavy MZ hit).

With mine - it seems to run cooler than some others here - it won't combust unless I just let it sit there for a long time.

So, the key with the LB is to inhale VERY slow and long and light, and use a fully charged battery and have finely ground and dried herb filled to the top of the shoulder of the trench (bowl).

It's a great little device for quick discreet use when traveling or for quick discreet home use or use at a family member's home or something like that where you want no smell and you want to do it quickly and easily without a lighter.

For home use, where I want a bigger hit, the MZ is much better and no worry with batteries. With the LB you really do need to use only freshly charged batteries. With many batteries even if they sit around for a couple days, on your desk, they lose enough charge to keep from getting optimal hits with the LB. Now, the new LB batteries may change that last statement as they are designed to hold their charge longer when not in use.

My way around it is to have 6 batteries in rotation and since I have a Maha travel charger, I can actually keep them in the charger and they get just a trickle of charging after they've been charged, to keep them "topped off" and ready. But if you're carrying them on a day trip or something you'll want to have 4 or so fully charged batteries with you because after the 4th or 5th hit the batteries really weaken to the point where you get very little vapor.

MoeOnTheMoon,

B.

War Criminal
reece said:
Coconut oil solidifies at room temperature.
Exactly. Get it into the capsules as a liquid, it cools and solidifies and looks like a weird green vitamin. Put a handful in an uncommon vitamin bottle(not something name brand or well known), and for all anyone knows you're just taking your daily folic acid or some shit. I don't even know if you need that, it just sounded good :/ An added benefit to the coconut oil is it's high fat content, which I guess is better, it can hold more thc or somethin. It's all I use when I cook with pot, it rocks.

Here's the last I'll say on this topic :

http://boards.cannabis.com/concentrates/140616-cannabis-capsules-step-step-guide.html

It's where I learned about this. They talk a lot about using crock pots and ovens...I like to sautee. Not as precise, but for some reason I just like it better. A fun new use for ABV.

Thread unhijacked.

B.,

reece

Hey Moe, you may want to email magic-flight about your Box. I think it is supposed to combust much faster than that if you aren't inhaling.

Thanks for the info B.:)

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
reece said:
Hey Moe, you may want to email magic-flight about your Box. I think it is supposed to combust much faster than that if you aren't inhaling.

Thanks for the info B.:)
Thanks Reece. I have been thinking of that. I am just trying to make sure if it's bad "enough" to return it or not. I does work, it's just that it seems it should be getting hotter for milkier hits. I am inhaling super super slow, barely breathing in. I get vapor but not much as compared to my MZ. Maybe magic flight can tell me here, an experiment to do, that would prove if it's getting as hot as it should, or not. Like, if I put ground herb in and let it sit there, for how long, should it combust? Or ...?

MoeOnTheMoon,

reece

Magic-Flight said something about that a while back. I believe it should combust within a few seconds. I'm sure he'll be around soon enough to clarify.

reece,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MoeOnTheMoon said:
reece said:
...I does work, it's just that it seems it should be getting hotter for milkier hits. I am inhaling super super slow, barely breathing in. I get vapor but not much as compared to my MZ. Maybe magic flight can tell me here, an experiment to do, that would prove if it's getting as hot as it should, or not. Like, if I put ground herb in and let it sit there, for how long, should it combust? Or ...?
Hi,

Ideally, if filled and let sit with the battery in and no drawing at all for 2 minutes, the contents of the bowl should turn very dark brown (and perhaps black on the bottom). We try to calibrate it hot enough so that it falls about 20 deg short of actual combustion under these conditions. If you shake/stir the Box (but do not draw or open the lid) during this test, you will get a better sense as to how the heating is occurring.

During normal draw, the Box should be hot enough to create vapor when looking at the draw hole, but not to obviously create large visible clouds (it is not designed for that). If you can see the vapor on exhale, it is either wasted vapor or smoke -- both conditions to be avoided. Really, the best test of the Box is how how it delivers the medical qualities of the herb -- what the user feels like 3 minutes after taking a few hits, rather than on what can be seen when exhaling or what is felt in the first 30 seconds or so. Also, if after taking several hits (with shaking in between) the contents are all brown, then it is certain that all available vapor has been created, and presumably ingested. If the contents are still mostly green after several hits (not just some army green specs) and are not mostly brown, then there is a chance that the Box may be running a bit cool (else, check the battery charge and slow the draw rate).

Please let us know how this works out, or of if we can be of further assistance. There are also some other posts earlier in this thread that may be helpful (or perhaps should be added to the FAQ on the website?).

-- Magic-flight

PS: the 2 minute test should not be done unless necessary -- it is hard on the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

Beezleb

I do not normally get much vapor, more of a wisp when I use mine but the effects are their.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
magicflight...

Your description of not seeing exhaled vapor is how my beta works. Do you expect to see more vapor with the (hotter) production units? I typically did not get my herb completely brown in one session as it would either take a lot of hits or I was where I wanted to be before that point.

What temperature is the LB designed to hit? I think the II and the PD are calibrated to be at or around 190C.

Regarding wanting visible vapor, not only is it perhaps wasteful, but also counter-productive to the stealth quality of the unit.

stickstones,

Beezleb

stickstones said:
magicflight...

Your description of not seeing exhaled vapor is how my beta works. Do you expect to see more vapor with the (hotter) production units? I typically did not get my herb completely brown in one session as it would either take a lot of hits or I was where I wanted to be before that point.

What temperature is the LB designed to hit? I think the II and the PD are calibrated to be at or around 190C.

Regarding wanting visible vapor, not only is it perhaps wasteful, but also counter-productive to the stealth quality of the unit.
I did not know the beta was lower temp than retail. I have shown mine, the beta, to many people since, I hope I am not misrepresenting it. I would like to know the differences if it is hotter or any other performance aspect.

Beezleb,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
stickstones said:
magicflight...

Good point re the stealth, Sticks.
I'll do some further testing...
Hard work, but someone has to do it! ;)

MoeOnTheMoon,

vape4health

My new box is hotter then my beta . I can leave the battery in between hits with the beta . On the new one I have to pull the battery after about 4-5 seconds of hitting or it starts to taste dark .

Edit : My last few times with the new one , the way I hit it is : push battery in as I start hitting , draw for about 4 seconds then pull batt , stop hitting , pull that hit deeper with some fresh air then start hitting again for 4 sec. with the batt in, repeat . I do that 3 times in a row and I call that one full lung hit , hold and blow . I do get visable vapor , more then the beta but still close to nothing .

vape4health,

ClemsonVapor489

Alright, I finally got this thing down.

I think any review I would provide would be repeating a lot of this thread, but if you're looking for an inexpensive, portable, stealth vape, this is it, as far as I'm concerned. Carrying around batteries is a minor hassle yes, but well worth the silence. Not near silence. Silence. I feel as though I can (and likely will) hit this thing almost anywhere.

Even if you were just a normal (read: combustion) stoner, this is the stealthiest way to grab a buzz available to the general public (I have high hopes for the vape pen, if it ever comes available).

ClemsonVapor489,

ClemsonVapor489

People have had a lot of bad experiences using anything other than dry, ground material. I don't believe it is recommended.

ClemsonVapor489,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
aero18 said:
A lot of people are liking the Launch Box. Already convinced 6 people to buy it!
Hey Everyone, Ive been lurking around for some time now and finally decided to join. Im not new to smoking or vaping but just a little earlier i ordered my first launch box thanks to Areo18, my cousin and long time friend. He introduced it to me a few months ago and now I finally made the decision to purchase. I am super excited to be able to use this amazing invention. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and share my excitement. Happy toking.

HighSti,

aero18

vaporist
HighSti said:
aero18 said:
A lot of people are liking the Launch Box. Already convinced 6 people to buy it!
Hey Everyone, Ive been lurking around for some time now and finally decided to join. Im not new to smoking or vaping but just a little earlier i ordered my first launch box thanks to Areo18, my cousin and long time friend. He introduced it to me a few months ago and now I finally made the decision to purchase. I am super excited to be able to use this amazing invention. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and share my excitement. Happy toking.
Thanks for the kind words bud! You will definitely enjoy the Box. :D

aero18,

2000pm

2000pm said:
Just got mine today - is that little copper coil in the battery hole supposed to make the battery a little difficult to slide in? It is hitting the battery on the way in and I need to "wiggle" or strain the battery in one direction in order to make the battery go in.
Can anyone shed light on this? Not being able to slide in battery with one hand kind of kills a bit of the stealth but its not a big deal.

Got 4 powerex 2700s on the way!

2000pm,
Top Bottom