MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Welcome HighSti, I too am a happy owner of both the VG and the LB. And just got an MZ too! I think I'm set, now!

MoeOnTheMoon,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Welcome HighSti, I too am a happy owner of both the VG and the LB. And just got an MZ too! I think I'm set, now!
How would you compare the VG to the LB? and my cousin just ordered the MZ with a bong attachment :D

HighSti,

Acaseofchaos

I got my LB today. I will post my review tomorrow. One battery of mine fits in smooth, one gets to the copper coil and gets stuck, and i have to push a little harder for that one to go in nicely. Its alot smaller than i thought, even though i watched vids of it.

Acaseofchaos,

B.

War Criminal
2000pm said:
2000pm said:
Just got mine today - is that little copper coil in the battery hole supposed to make the battery a little difficult to slide in? It is hitting the battery on the way in and I need to "wiggle" or strain the battery in one direction in order to make the battery go in.
Can anyone shed light on this? Not being able to slide in battery with one hand kind of kills a bit of the stealth but its not a big deal.

Got 4 powerex 2700s on the way!
I think it is fairly normal, batteries come in different sizes, some fit better than othersl. I got some free lacrosse aa's when I bought my charger, and they are so fat and the fit is so snug I won't use them. I've got some rayovac and eneloops that are quite loose, which I've come to prefer as I think this will help to extend the life of the box. Jamming a AA in and stressing the coil can't be good for it.

After giving your post a second read I just realized you're probably talking about catching the coil on the lip of battery, at the positive end, right? That is definitely normal, you can find batteries that won't do that. Read a few pages back, I have a previous post about some rayovacs you might like.

B.,

Acaseofchaos

i used it last night, a tiny bit of combustion, but i didnt smell/ taste anything. This definitely works well.

Acaseofchaos,

max

Out to lunch
Acaseofchaos said:
i used it last night, a tiny bit of combustion, but i didnt smell/ taste anything. This definitely works well.
If you didn't smell or taste smoke, then you didn't combust. Overcooking shouldn't be confused with combustion. You can turn your herb black and still get nothing but vapor. If you're vaping along and suddenly get smoke, the difference is not just noticeable, but shocking. :o ;)

max,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
HighSti said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
How would you compare the VG to the LB? and my cousin just ordered the MZ with a bong attachment :D
I posted my comparison earlier in this thread or on the VG thread already. Basically, they're 2 different vaporizers used for differing reasons. I love both.

MoeOnTheMoon,

FEAR420

Just got my replacement box and all I can say is WOW!!!! :o WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

From the looks of things,my last box wasnt making full screen contact somewhere in the back only causing the front to get hot. This new one heats RIGHT UP in a flash and delivers BIG THICK CLOUDS....Another nice little touch is that it came from Blissville personally tested to be fully functional and working properly.

FEAR420,

smoking Joe

After reading all the post about the LB, I ordered one and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the real deal! Thanks to ever body for the useful post. :D

silver surfer , LB

smoking Joe,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

This is a heads up to FC people of upcoming Box changes. The good news is that we are working to include custom fit grinders as part of the standard kit package, rather than as an accessory purchased separately (we have nearly secured a consistent supply of these). We are also planning to upgrade our packaging to include a custom storage tin which can hold everything in natural and reusable packaging (no more throw-away retail cartons!). These should be available within a week or so. We are also starting to include stickers featuring "the Flying one" logo and company aphorism with the kit package.

As many of you already know, we have also recently upgraded our standard batteries to long life NiMH and have started to include higher quality chargers. However, along with these changes will also be a modest price increase -- from our current price of $88 + shipping to a new price of $99 with shipping included. This will be occurring over the next few days and I expect that many of the online vendors will also matching the new MSRP. To ease this transition for FC people, I recommend that if placing new orders in the next week (until Jan 15), that you mention in a note attached to the order that you are a member of FC to get a discount.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Melizzard

magicflight said:
Hi Everyone,

This is a heads up to FC people of upcoming Box changes. The good news is that we are working to include custom fit grinders as part of the standard kit package, rather than as an accessory purchased separately (we have nearly secured a consistent supply of these). We are also planning to upgrade our packaging to include a custom storage tin which can hold everything in natural and reusable packaging (no more throw-away retail cartons!). These should be available within a week or so. We are also starting to include stickers featuring "the Flying one" logo and company aphorism with the kit package.

As many of you already know, we have also recently upgraded our standard batteries to long life NiMH and have started to include higher quality chargers. However, along with these changes will also be a modest price increase -- from our current price of $88 + shipping to a new price of $99 with shipping included. This will be occurring over the next few days and I expect that many of the online vendors will also matching the new MSRP. To ease this transition for FC people, I recommend that if placing new orders in the next week (until Jan 15), that you mention in a note attached to the order that you are a member of FC to get a discount.

-- Magic-flight
How awesome .... and right when I'm getting ready to order one! ;) How long should I wait if I want to get the upgraded stuff? I will need one by mid-Feb. ;)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

aero18

vaporist
The one thing (design-wise) that bothers me is the fact that there is a little crevice in the top portion of the bowl that lets particles from the bowl to come out. It is where the copper ring touches the plexiglass screen and extends to the bowl. There is a carved out section of the wood.

Magic-Flight, can you avoid this in future constructions of the vape? I am always worried about the little bit of the material inside spilling out when I have the device in a pocket.

aero18,

2000pm

B. said:
I think it is fairly normal, batteries come in different sizes, some fit better than othersl. I got some free lacrosse aa's when I bought my charger, and they are so fat and the fit is so snug I won't use them. I've got some rayovac and eneloops that are quite loose, which I've come to prefer as I think this will help to extend the life of the box. Jamming a AA in and stressing the coil can't be good for it.

After giving your post a second read I just realized you're probably talking about catching the coil on the lip of battery, at the positive end, right? That is definitely normal, you can find batteries that won't do that. Read a few pages back, I have a previous post about some rayovacs you might like.
hey thanks for the reply - yea the 2nd part is correct. The copper coil intrudes into the battery hole enough so that my battery catches on it. I highly doubt the kind of battery I use would make a difference as it isn't the lip getting caught, rather the whole battery (as in, the coil intrudes enough into the hole so that pretty much any battery inserted in there will have to navigate around it somehow if it wants to go all the way in to make contact - sorry my wording wasn't so clear the first time).
I guess I'm just wondering if the coil was supposed to be intrusive into the hole at all or if I got a semi-poorly put-together specimen.

2000pm,

aero18

vaporist
vape4health said:
Thats the air in hole , the grooved out part from the wire to the bowl .
That's not the air hole. The air intake hole is on the back of the unit.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I'm glad to hear magic flight is adding additional accessories to their kit. I had a couple questions though.. has anyone used the custom grinder that is being sold on blissSville? i mean it looks cool being so small and all, im just curious about the quality. Also to magic flight, when is the AC adapter supposed to be released? I know you guys were talking about it being released during the holiday season but it appears that is isn't available yet.

HighSti,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
aero18 said:
vape4health said:
Thats the air in hole , the grooved out part from the wire to the bowl .
That's not the air hole. The air intake hole is on the back of the unit.
Hi,

Vape4health was correct -- the shallow groove on the top face, connecting the bowl area with the negative terminal ring is the air inlet hole. Its not optional -- necessary for the functionality of the unit (and certain air patterns, etc).

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HighSti said:
... when is the AC adapter supposed to be released? I know you guys were talking about it being released during the holiday season but it appears that is isn't available yet.
Hi,

After the power supply cleared legal, we went to order parts and start production. Unfortunately, the supply of certain parts (the push-button and one critical power control component) dried up in the interim. We have a standing order with the manufacturer of those components -- they tell us that we will get them in Feb (grrrr!). Since it takes a few weeks to go through the build cycle, it will probably be march before we have any to sell.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news -- we had hoped to have these out on Dec 15.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
thats too bad. its alright though. we have been using batteries for so long, a couple months wont matter too much. are they going to fit like a battery where you pull it out in between draws? and how long has the custom grinder been for sale?

HighSti,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HighSti said:
... are they (the power adapters) going to fit like a battery where you pull it out in between draws? and how long has the custom grinder been for sale?
They will fit like the battery, but they have a push-button on the back end that you push to turn it on when you want vapor.

The grinder was available previously, about 4 months ago, and then our supply dried up. We just got them back in stock about 1 week ago, and they can be ordered now.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Melizzard said:
... How long should I wait if I want to get the upgraded stuff? I will need one by mid-Feb. ;)

xxoo
Melissa
Hi Melissa,

If you want the current price, order now and be sure to mention FC. The new tins should be available in about a week from BlissSville.com. Not sure on the grinders -- we are limited by the available supply at the moment.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
2000pm said:
... The copper coil intrudes into the battery hole enough so that my battery catches on it. ...
I'm just wondering if the coil was supposed to be intrusive into the hole at all?
Hi 2000Pm,

The coil is supposed to be somewhat in the battery hole -- it needs to be to make the negative terminal connection with the battery. This is by design, and it should be firm/tight with the battery.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Top Bottom