edame

Well I got my LB from ebay and it turns out it does have the trench seal and push-back ring. Was slightly disappointed that the supplied charger wasn't the official one, just a bog-standard cheap charger. I know the official one would have used a US plug but I could have used it with an adapter.

Anyway, what an amazing bit of kit! I'm seriously impressed, I can't believe that something so small packs such a punch.

That said I had a bit of a panic tonight. I'd done about 2 half trenches using synthetic blends with no problems previous nights, and tonight I tried another blend. This one seems to have had some kind of green colouring added and after a 10 second draw I found that about a third of the trench was stuck solid to the screen. Shaking didn't dislodge it and even after emptying and brushing there was still a lot stuck to the bottom. I got most of it off by very gently scraping a wooden toothpick over the screen. Luckily it doesn't appear to be damaged but I'm kicking myself for nearly ruining the thing on my third trench! There look to be a few dark bits that I guess could be carbonated but it all still seems to work fine. The vaporpedia advises to clean with ISO, can any UK users advise what you use to clean?

The lighting makes it look worse than it is.

edame,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
-don't vape synthetics they're evil
-you were pulling to slow or/and holding the battery in too long, the box is not damaged at all, you can continue vaping after some gently brushing.

Seek,

Sour Deez

Anyone notice the battery hole is to tight? Sometimes my battery will stay connected to power even with the push back ring. It takes a little force to get the battery in, and I cant even put it in backwards for some reason? It almost looks like the metal ring towards the opening of the hole is off center, is it suppose to be like that?

Sour Deez,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Sometimes this can happen. Battery radius can vary a little. Some rare extra "thick" can fit too tight and the same with the opposite. Does it fit this bad for every battery?

Seek,

weedemon

enthusiast
depends on the date it was made.on different mflb there are slightly different bore diameters.

my old one is tight too, but my new one is loose. batteris will fall out when tipped to the side! (im usng the 2700's) the new box was made with the 2400 immedions in mind i think?

anyways i'd rather too tight over too loose :p

i have the pushback ring removed also. imo it's a pain in the butt :p

weedemon,

Sour Deez

I only have two batteries, but yes it doesnt matter which I use.

They also make like a click, tap, metal clicking together noise everytime they get close to making contact.

My old lb never did that

Sour Deez,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sour Deez said:
Anyone notice the battery hole is to tight? Sometimes my battery will stay connected to power even with the push back ring. It takes a little force to get the battery in, and I cant even put it in backwards for some reason? It almost looks like the metal ring towards the opening of the hole is off center, is it suppose to be like that?
get a new push back ring if it feels too tight with stock batteries. It is meant to be snug, but a new push back ring will fix that... the other probably got worn.
Yes the ring is off center slightly.
As long as using provided batteries, do not worry about tighness. mine are tight too. I like it better.. I can shake and never drop a battery. The pushback ring does never let the battery keep contact... It may appear that battery has not backed up, but I am willing to bet the light is not lit.

Vitolo,

Sour Deez

Vitolo said:
Sour Deez said:
get a new push back ring if it feels too tight with stock batteries. It is meant to be snug, but a new push back ring will fix that... the other probably got worn.
Yes the ring is off center slightly.
As long as using provided batteries, do not worry about tighness. mine are tight too. I like it better.. I can shake and never drop a battery. The pushback ring does never let the battery keep contact... It may appear that battery has not backed up, but I am willing to bet the light is not lit.

Im gonna try to get a new push back ring, I give it a beating with the hitting technique I use. A full hit involves me making contact with the battery 20 times since I pulse it.

But the light does stay lite when this happens, I almost burn the trench everytime.

Sour Deez,

bk3p

Just got a warranty replacement. Had a older model without push back ring, herb chamber o-ring, latch assembly. Different wood as well. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I do have one pet peeve, they have carved an indentation where the coil assembly is placed on the box, going down to the herb chamber. Shaking the box makes finely ground herb get suck in that indentation. I'm also noticing that it takes some more effort to get the contents dislodged off the screen. Less non-stick coating, or maybe the box is just breaking in? I'm not too worried about having to do some extra mixing around, but i'm not sure what they were thinking with that indentation in the wood. The latch assembly is a great addition along with the herb chamber o-ring. I don't really care for the push back ring. :2c:

EDIT - after a second look, the older boxes have that indentation but much smaller. New box has almost half an inch of unsealed area.

bk3p,

bk3p

Isn't the air intake the hole in the back?

I'm talking about this indentation

6c345e25.jpg

bk3p,

Sour Deez

Thats it.

The hole on the back is used for manufacturing. Although there have been reports of people being able to get airflow threw the box with that hole.

Sour Deez,

bk3p

Either way, I think its a big oversight. It's pretty inconvenient to pop the lid open every time you shake it and then content gets stuck in the groove where the ring is. You've got to consider how fine of a grind people put in these boxes. Granted, I never use the air intake, but I sure hope the change over the previous design was worth it.

bk3p,

Nycdeisel

What? :hmm:

If any small bits ever get stuck in that groove, a quick, hard draw from the Box will pull it all back into the trench.

Why would you have to open it after shaking it?

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Also you can shake it like nothing gets in the groove. If it gets, use Nycdeisel's advice.

Seek,

Tim

Seek said:
Also you can shake it like nothing gets in the groove. If it gets, use Nycdeisel's advice.

I also use a very fine grind, and stuff DOES definitely get stuck in there. I have one of the newer boxes (right before the metal ball latch, I believe) and I get herb in there all the time, just by leaving it in my pocket.

Stuff doesn't get stuck in the "indentation" when I shake, though, because I.. shake it strategically?

And NYC is correct, a quick draw from the box will pull everything back into the chamber.

Tim,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think I have a Box exactly from your series. Also right before the ball latch, with big groove). And I don't have problems with it, if something goes in, in 95% i can pull it back drawing. Shake like this if you don't want your herb to get in there (best if the gravity is aiming down):
likethise.png

Seek,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have my shake/tap method down to a science. I shake a bit but then I actually tap the sides of the box firmly against my knuckles which helps flip the trench-cake lol. I guess my OCD kicks in though cuz I always open the lid and guide any stray bits back to trench. I also lightly pat the load down which I've found helps be sure lots of bits are in contact with the screen providing puffy cloud hits with my super fine grind. Very little herb gets in my air intake groove but it does happen, never been a huge problem for me though. I use my LB's more than any other vape just because of how darn portable they are.

Lo,

bk3p

I'm sorry that you guys don't feel the same way, but I kinda miss the fact that I could give the box a good shake to ensure everything is mixed properly without worrying about herb falling out of the chamber. The box needs to be shaken a certain way to avoid this? Sounds like an easy way to avoid acknowledging a design flaw. You would think that the herb chamber would have a proper seal so that nothing falls out of it regardless of how you choose to shake your box. As another person said, things get stuck in there just from having it in your pocket. It's just something I miss about the old box, you could give it a good shake, however you choose to, and not worry about something coming out of the herb chamber. I never thought about pulling some air through the draw hole to pull the herb back in. Again, it's not the biggest deal in the world, I just wanted to see if I was the only one out that there understood my frustration with this design.

bk3p,

Nycdeisel

Its only a big deal because you didnt know how easily it can be pulled back in from just a short quick draw through the unit. I have never ever had a problem! and I only recently got that same Box that seek described(newest right before the ball latch), and before that I had a real old version that didnt have that groove at all and the airflow sucked!

Again, I see where you are coming from, but many people have already confirmed that it isnt a problem for them.

enjoy :wave:

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Nycdeisel said:
What? :hmm:

If any small bits ever get stuck in that groove, a quick, hard draw from the Box will pull it all back into the trench.

Why would you have to open it after shaking it?

Not true, ever since Magic Flight redesigned the air intake I too have had problems with very finely ground herb felling into the air intake channel and getting stuck in little spots. And no draw would ever get the herb back into the trench. I would sometimes have to open the lid and try and get the little bits that got stuck underneath the lid, it was really tedious. I mostly have this problem while traveling with the LB, but even while just shaking the box I have had this problem, and I know I am not alone because my gf and a close friend both complain to me about the same thing. It is a huge inconvenience, especially when considering that I feel I got much more satisfactory hits with the older air intake channel design.

Oh how I miss that old channel and the more restricted air flow. Twas perfect for me, but I guess all perfect things must come to an end sooner or later. At least It has a neat ball catch now.. :p

aesthyrian,

cluffy

Vaker
So I cut off the end of my Vapor Brothers mini wand for more airflow:
2r7pq34.jpg

The little cone I cut off fits perfectly into the mouth hole of the LB, and the bell end of it fits into a piece of 7th Floor tubing which then fits into the Vapor Tamer:
2i77236.jpg

WEEOOO!
Sorry I didn't clean the glass, but I was so excited that it worked so well and I figured you can see the connection more clearly if it's dirty.... :-P

cluffy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
cluffy said:
So I cut off the end of my Vapor Brothers mini wand for more airflow: http://i55.tinypic.com/2r7pq34.jpg

The little cone I cut off fits perfectly into the mouth hole of the LB, and the bell end of it fits into a piece of 7th Floor tubing which then fits into the Vapor Tamer:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2i77236.jpg
WEEOOO!
Sorry I didn't clean the glass, but I was so excited that it worked so well and I figured you can see the connection more clearly if it's dirty.... :-P

DAMN now thats a fucking stem!!

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom