WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
greasewizard said:
Hey there guys.

I was just wondering if there is such thing as a MFLB container or travel case?.......
.......I know it also comes with a travel pouch thing, but I'm looking for something that will protect my box and the batteries, all in one case.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks guys

I've modified a Burton420 case with a bit of stiff foam cut to hold the LB and batteries. Pic of it in this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5213
Just do something similar with a cheap camera case, or there's a nintendo case linked at the end of that thread.

WatTyler,
Am I wrong, or wouldn't a simple piece of electric tape around the back half of the battery keep it from shorting out permanently and allow it to perform its intended function? Had my second "hot pocket" today, not fun.

charliedontsurf,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Does anyone else take little puffs from the box even when the battery's not connected?

Recently found myself just taking little sips from the stem just for the taste, especially if it's a particularly tasty strain. Never done it as much with my SSV, but then again I find the taste of the MFLB, especially on the first 2-3 hits, much more flavourful.
Always save the fruity buds for the box!

Started doing this actually since I got my Ed's TnT cocobolo stem - the plastic one included has a slightly weird texture on your lips/teeth I find, whereas the wood feels great. Makes it seem like you've got a really cool pipe in your mouth, which perhaps induces the desire to hold it there even when not connected to power.

wilf789,

PeaceLuvPot

greasewizard said:
Hey there guys.

I was just wondering if there is such thing as a MFLB container or travel case? One that can also hold the batteries on the top.

I find that when it's jingling my pocket, some of the herbs fall out and end up in my pocket. Also the battery case that it comes with is really flimsy and I only dropped it once and it's already broke.

I know it also comes with a travel pouch thing, but I'm looking for something that will protect my box and the batteries, all in one case.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks guys

7th floor sells products called Dime Bags. Padded bags made from hemp. The link below is to a smaller 5" padded bag. This might be perfect for the MFLB?

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/dbv-accessories/dime-bags/dime-bags-5-padded-pouch.html

PeaceLuvPot,

MG23

Relaxin'
Those are neat little bags, I haven't seen them before. If shipping charge wasn't an issue I'd probably snatch up 1-3 of the different sizes.

MG23,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
Am I wrong, or wouldn't a simple piece of electric tape around the back half of the battery keep it from shorting out permanently and allow it to perform its intended function? Had my second "hot pocket" today, not fun.

No. The whole casing forms the negative pole. The positive pole is shaded red in this picture:

tKW9t.jpg

Anything that conducts current and makes contact with the positive (red) pole and any part of the metal casing will cause a short. Notice how the covering of the unpeeled battery protects the entire casing. Note also how easy it would be for something to contact both the positive pole and the shoulder of the unprotected negative casing.

My ring once completed that short while I was handling an unpeeled battery. :doh: Ouch, not pleasant. You'd be amazed how quickly it heats up.

pakalolo,

myphy

Before I get started, I know this posting is reaching a bit back. I meant to post this a while ago but.... :uhoh: ... shit happens

wot said:
myphy said:
Hi all. I've been a lurker on this site for a long time and I finally decided to join. I absolutely love my launch box and I'm really thinking about getting a PA for it but I was wondering if anybody's heard when magic flight will be releasing a commercial, production model?
I don't think MF has set a date, but it should be soon if the latest version is any indication -- it's supposedly very close to a commercial, production model. Hope that helps.

Wow you guys are quick with responses! I actually got in touch with the MFLB crew and they told me the retail PA should be out "within 4 weeks," but that date's subject to change. And the retail version isn't going to be any different than the new betas they have now.

I know they say the PA could take up to several weeks to get to you, but I just ordered mine yesterday (Friday 4/23) and it the tracking number shows it's expected delivery date to be Monday, 4/25. That's insanely quick (might I add that it's coming from CA to NY)!

I can try and post a review, hopefully with pics/vids, shortly after it gets here if anybody wants.

myphy,

collegerower

myphy said:
Before I get started, I know this posting is reaching a bit back. I meant to post this a while ago but.... :uhoh: ... shit happens

wot said:
myphy said:
Hi all. I've been a lurker on this site for a long time and I finally decided to join. I absolutely love my launch box and I'm really thinking about getting a PA for it but I was wondering if anybody's heard when magic flight will be releasing a commercial, production model?
I don't think MF has set a date, but it should be soon if the latest version is any indication -- it's supposedly very close to a commercial, production model. Hope that helps.

Wow you guys are quick with responses! I actually got in touch with the MFLB crew and they told me the retail PA should be out "within 4 weeks," but that date's subject to change. And the retail version isn't going to be any different than the new betas they have now.

I know they say the PA could take up to several weeks to get to you, but I just ordered mine yesterday (Friday 4/23) and it the tracking number shows it's expected delivery date to be Monday, 4/25. That's insanely quick (might I add that it's coming from CA to NY)!

I can try and post a review, hopefully with pics/vids, shortly after it gets here if anybody wants.

Big thanks for this info. Very helpful for those of us thinking about a PA....

collegerower,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
I ordered the PA yesterday.........hopefully they will ship it as quick too.....The 4600mah batts should be here probley tuesday hopefully and will test em out and have the review up on Youtube.........cant wait for the PA......I may only use my SSV on holidays LOL

StonedPony,

myphy

@stonedpony i have nothing but good things to say about magic flight thus far, so i'm sure it'll be speedy delivery. And to be honest, from what I've heard about the PA, the LB might be able to handle a small group of folks on its own. I had a Vapir ONE 5.0 before the MFLB and it's been collecting dust ever since

@collegerower always my pleasure when it comes to my fellow vapists... or is it vaporists? Vapers? Ummm.... what do you call someone who vapes? lol

myphy,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Got my PA working yesterday. Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions.

Does Magic Flight have any plans to put numbers on the temperature wheel? That seems like a really helpful improvement.

Just a thought.

sydnee,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
sydnee said:
Got my PA working yesterday. Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions.

Does Magic Flight have any plans to put numbers on the temperature wheel? That seems like a really helpful improvement.

Just a thought.

Dont know.........I just ordered mine yesterday................cant wait till it gets here.............and thats a cool idea to put number on it..........not so much to tell what the temp is but you may have differant settings you like hard hit mild hit and this way go right back to the setting you like or if some moves it you can go right back...............great idea sydnee...............

StonedPony,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
You can mark a dot with nail polish on the wheel for a quick ref point. I slowwwwly roll the temp down from about 85% to 50% throughout the trench.

JDSupreme,

NzToker

After all these great reviews on the PA I finally decided to bit the bullet and buy one.
One question tho what appears on your credit card when you purchase the power adapter?
Also regarding those 4600 nimh stonedpony mentioned I just ordered me some as I live in NZ so shit why not hahah.
Lastly do you know if those are more likely to be LSD or HSD.
Cheers people

NzToker,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What I learned form a quick consultation with the Googles is that these batteries have been available in Asia for a while, and I know I spotted a South African seller, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found them in the stores in New Zealand. The packaging in the eBay picture doesn't indicate that they come pre-charged, so they would almost certainly be HSD.

Edited for clarity...

pakalolo,

Puget

mollusk
I'm quite skeptical about 4600 mAH but I'm wishing you luck.
:/
Different topic:
It has been said the round hole at the end of the box (furthest from the sreen) has no effect as a "carb", that it is only there because of the manufacturing process. Why then does the tone change as I suck air through the box and cover/uncover this hole?

Puget,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
pakalolo said:
What I learned form a quick consultation with the Googles is that these batteries have been available in Asia for a while, and I know I spotted a South African seller, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found them in the stores in New Zealand. The packaging in the eBay picture doesn't indicate that they come pre-charged, so they would almost certainly be HSD.

Edited for clarity...
They are LSD ...talked to sony already about that before I ordered

StonedPony,

NzToker

StonedPony said:
pakalolo said:

Edited for clarity...

So would you assume that the other ones mentioned would also be LSD.
The NZ company one.

NzToker,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
NzToker said:
StonedPony said:
pakalolo said:

Edited for clarity...

So would you assume that the other ones mentioned would also be LSD.
The NZ company one.
Yes...........

StonedPony,

Hery Vappy

With word of the beta 2.0 PA being available I finally couldn't resist it any longer and ordered one yesterday. Can't wait!

Hery Vappy,

20bag

ok it is getting too tough to look through 400 posts...
can anyone recommend a good charger and batteries and a website i can order from, or a popular store (Bestbuy, Futureshop etc)
I really dont want to peel the batteries, is that going to be possible

20bag,
Top Bottom