slvelocity

bennjammin said:
slvelocity said:
I got a question for you guys using 4 pc grinders, are you guys just turning it upside down to grind? Doesn't it mess up the kief catch?

I'm thinking about taking my 4 pc grinder to a smoke shop and seeing if I can trade it in for a nice 2 pc since so many people keep saying a fine grind is important...

Yea just turn it upside down and grind it as much as possible. Flip it over and keep grinding and tapping it down until everything falls through and your good to go. Kief catch is important because keif is awesome in the mflb.

Doesn't that throw the kief around inside the kief catch and make it hella messy? Or is that unavoidable I guess? I don't want the kief stirring around that much cause I feel like I permanently lose some if they fall in the cracks of where it turns.

slvelocity,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You wouldn't permanently lose your kief since you can harvest it all with a simple iso soak. But I understand why you whouldn't want to mess with the upside down grinding method. I did it for a while but I got tired of it and just bought a good 2-piece for my LB grinding.

Stu,

rofly1

puffitup.com is raising the price at the end of this month. 119.95 there is a discount code now april20. good for 15% off

rofly1,

slvelocity

Stu said:
You wouldn't permanently lose your kief since you can harvest it all with a simple iso soak. But I understand why you whouldn't want to mess with the upside down grinding method. I did it for a while but I got tired of it and just bought a good 2-piece for my LB grinding.

May I ask where you bought it and for how much?

slvelocity,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got the Mendo Mulcher 3" 2-piece. It is very well made and because I liked it so much I ended up getting their 3" 4-piece model as well. They aren't cheap, but well worth the investment IMO. The 2-piece was about 30 dollars if I remember correctly, and the 4-piece was about 60.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The ebay seller that I bought both of my Mendo Mulchers was called "roxndave". I am fairly certain that he is the manufacturer, although I'm not 100% certain.

There is an extensive thread on grinders, so as not to derail this thread, I suggest anyone who cares to research more about grinders visit it here: http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=19

:peace:

Stu,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
The website 1percent.com has 20% off through Thursday 4/21. That puts the LB at a cool $80 with free shipping. Be sure to use the coupon code 420ME when you check out.

sydnee,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Stu said:
I got the Mendo Mulcher 3" 2-piece. It is very well made and because I liked it so much I ended up getting their 3" 4-piece model as well. They aren't cheap, but well worth the investment IMO. The 2-piece was about 30 dollars if I remember correctly, and the 4-piece was about 60.

Do you know how it compares to a Space Case 2 piece grinder?

Elluzion,

CutePanda

Elluzion said:
Stu said:

Do you know how it compares to a Space Case 2 piece grinder?

If you are looking for a cheaper grinder as opposed to a Space Case, I would go with the Mendo Mulcher. I did some searching awhile back when I was looking for a new grinder and it had good reviews and it's much cheaper than Space Case's. If I needed another grinder, I would go with the Mendo Mulcher.

I personally own a 4 piece small Space Case and a 4 piece Sharp Stone. I bought a Space Case 2 piece titanium crusher and gave it to my buddy because I like 4 piece grinders. That's just my preference though..

CutePanda,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've never personally used a Space Case, so I can't compare it to the Mendo Mulcher. I can say that I've been very pleased with the MMs that I have and I would highly recommend them (especially the 3"). You can find comparisons on the grinder thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=19

Again, I don't want to derail this thread too much, so I suggest further grinder-related posts be directed there.

:peace:

Stu,

Amphiphilosophical

Life. Run. Repeat.
I asked earlier about my batteries not working anymore. It was my first time using them after my first recharge and they didn't last but maybe 3 seconds each and the light in the box faded from bright to nothing. I think it might have something to do with the charger. Am I suppose to see lights on the stock charger glow when the batteries are in it?

Also, if I do need to buy a new charger where would I look and what would I look for to charge the stock batteries that came with the box? Could I find a charger at say radio shack?

Amphiphilosophical,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Nooooo radio shack.
The Energizer NiMH ones work well, I hear... You can find a 4 pack with a quick charger for 30, usually.
I used to use the charger all the time, now just for backup.

wake n blake,
Amphiphilosophical said:
I asked earlier about my batteries not working anymore. It was my first time using them after my first recharge and they didn't last but maybe 3 seconds each and the light in the box faded from bright to nothing. I think it might have something to do with the charger. Am I suppose to see lights on the stock charger glow when the batteries are in it?

Also, if I do need to buy a new charger where would I look and what would I look for to charge the stock batteries that came with the box? Could I find a charger at say radio shack?
My stock charger is red when charging and blue when done- always a light on with battery inserted. I'm sure that Radio Shack will carry a charger. If I really wanted to spend money on a charger, I would want this one http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=422, but this one will work as well http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=423 Here is the link to find Powerex batteries and charger dealers, if you don't want to buy on line. http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/buy.asp

harleyamazon,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Amphiphilosophical said:

Say no to Radio Shack and Energizer. Say yes to Maha smart chargers which can be had for as low as $20.00. Also get 4 Imedion 2400 mah lsd batteries for $10.97 and you are set.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/Maha-Chargers_c_1022.html

chucku,

clayton

it's almost time! i will use this nice purple shit i just picked up. I'll even use my ice bottle bong thing with my mflb

clayton,

sundaddy

I have had great success with the Energizers 15 minute charging set up. Each battery gives about 20 hits.

sundaddy,

kewpcer

Ditto. The Energizers fit loose, so you have to find your box's sweet spot to get a good hit....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASAAHHAHAEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. The double entendre of what I just wrote hit me.

Back to the batteries.

The Energizer 2300's that I've tried were hotter and lasted longer than both the Imedions and the Powerex batts. I own all three kinds. I use the Powerex now, because they're hotter than the Imedions, but don't scorch herb as fast like the Energizers do.

The battery fit with the Powerex is also the best I've tried. Very snug. You have to pull your battery to disconnect it which means one handed hits which is a big thumbs up with me for stealth.

All of them will finish a single fat trench. The Energizers will finish 2. The Powerex stay hot all the way through the trench. Once again, the Goldilocks battery.

I didn't like the 15 minute charger at first, but I was blaming it for the behavior of lesser batteries. It's all I use now. I might get a conditioner down the road, but for now I just throw them 2 by 2 into an LED flashlight every now and then for a low current full discharge and charge them back up with the charger that came with it (0.6 amp vs. 7.5 amps). So far so good. I mean...

They're just batteries... ;) 4 of the best cost less than a gram of herb. Burn a hundred charges out of em, and you got 400 bowls for 15 bucks. I don't think the money math on Bics is that sexy. Neither is waiting for a 0.7 amp charger to finish a 2700mA battery.

Stay Jonesing, my friends.

kewpcer,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Ah its 420 and I was watching Transformers 2 in my bed and flipped my covers up really high and my launch box went screaming up into the air and landed face down on the plexi glass cover on my hardwood floor :uhoh: , now i'm thinking "fuck, it's broken". So I go over to pick it up and NO DAMAGE at all, just got my herb shaken up if anything :lol: so w00t. I love my Magic-Flight Launch Box.

<3 Happy 420 <3

Elluzion,

LivingInSpin

kewpcer said:
I might get a conditioner down the road, but for now I just throw them 2 by 2 into an LED flashlight every now and then for a low current full discharge and charge them back up with the charger that came with it (0.6 amp vs. 7.5 amps).

This is good advice. I find that repeatedly sucking off only the peak power and then recharging them causes things to go goofy.

LivingInSpin,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
I just posted a video on youtube about the Magic Flight . They sent me one free to review and I give it a real run down....30 minutes and I couver batteries how to vape and tips also..............if you wanted to see how it works top to bottom I did it for you..........hope its helpful and if anyone ask you about Magic Flight send em my way Im sure Magic Flight would appreciate the help.

not going to embed just give you my channel and you can click on the vids there are 2 part one and part two...........thanks guys ..........hope this vid helps everyone..........

http://www.youtube.com/user/lancelot250?feature=mhum

StonedPony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree... that was some funny shit. :lol: I didn't realize that StonePoney was the kia vaporizer guy "Hawk". Well, happy 4/20 Hawk!!

Stu,
Top Bottom