Vicki said:
Vapemania said:
collegerower said:
Dang, this is making me want to order my PA before the official release... I am trying to keep costs down, and my MZ does everything I want my home vape to do, but the PA sure is tempting....

I will have to think about this one... :uhoh:

I can understand the excitement!!
I feel the same about getting the PA.

Well, since you have a second vape (MZ), you could wait for all the others to get their PAs and send their reviews. You'll know for sure then if its a good idea!!
Also, if you get the later PAs they will be better. At least, thats what Moore's law says for electronic items for the past 50 years.

I thought electronic items were outdated as soon as you got them? In that case, it wouldn't really matter. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o

They say that about cars to!!!

Vapemania-original,

hereatlast

Vapemania said:
Some guy designed the MFLB chamber out of common sense

Boy is that an unfair and very untrue statement IMO! Clearly quite a bit of engineering was necessary to achieve a final product as such...just look at the progression this vape has made, common-sense engineering? I don't think so.

Vapemania said:
Selling the product, you can't say it's built on common sense, you have to say it's based on magic, like infra-red.

Infra-red isn't magic.

hereatlast,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vapemania said:
So where's the infra-red?
You wily old fox!!!
And I thought it was just me who was bewildered by it!!!

My thoughts are these:
there is no infra red!!!!

:doh:

Infra-red is simply a description of wavelength. Anything that heats up gives off infra-red. This really bewilders you? Since the LB actually heats up, there is unquestionably infra-red. I think this is fifth grade science. Certainly no higher than sixth.

ETA BTW...

xeu9F.png

pakalolo,

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
For the record: yes, IMHO the IR contribution is probably of little impact - it's line of sight only - can't penetrate far into the trench...
Vapemania said:

Infra-red is simply a description of wavelength. Anything that heats up gives off infra-red. This really bewilders you? Since the LB actually heats up, there is unquestionably infra-red. I think this is fifth grade science. Certainly no higher than sixth.

Sure, it's physics. I like physics. When you aim for vapour, IR and other heat transfer physics are your friends if you want specific components liberated from the herb by heat. The heat has to travel - radiation, convection or direct contact - or it can't work right.

I wish I'd been at your school if they really covered all that in 5th class. I'm still struggling to get it all figured out.

fubar,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
fubar said:
For the record: yes, IMHO the IR contribution is probably of little impact - it's line of sight only - can't penetrate far into the trench...
Vapemania said:

Sure, it's physics. I like physics. When you aim for vapour, IR and other heat transfer physics are your friends if you want specific components liberated from the herb by heat. The heat has to travel - radiation, convection or direct contact - or it can't work right.

I wish I'd been at your school if they really covered all that in 5th class. I'm still struggling to get it all figured out.

You have fallen victim to the mis-quote bug. You are quoting me, not Vapemania.

I don't know what you learned in fifth grade. I don't even remember what I learned in fifth grade. What I do know is that my wife taught sixth grade for 30 years, and by then their curriculum assumed they knew about radiated heat. Every middle school science fair had at least one project based on it.

Magic-Flight has proven to be a highly successful company with impeccable ethics. As a representative of the company, magicflight has posted here frequently, explaining the science and engineering behind the MFLB. I think any reasonable person would therefore understand that I'll take their word that IR plays a significant part in vaporizing with the LB over the humble opinion of someone who has just admitted to be still struggling with middle school science.

pakalolo,

SmokingElectricity

haven't used my LB in months...

until tonight :ko:

never use it without the whip tube. maybe thats why i don't take it with me very often when i go out.

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

I tried it without the stem and just using it 'native' I found I actually got really good hits! also makes it easier to hit while on the go!!

Nycdeisel,

LivingInSpin

Anyone use the PD buzz butter or something similar on their LB? I've got some pharm grade min oil (butcher block oil), but would prefer a non-petroleum alternative.

LivingInSpin,

Nycdeisel

I believe I posted about it a few pages back, but yep I put Buzzbutter on my LB, all sides cept the top, and it really does a good job! really smooths out the old birch wood I have.

Nycdeisel,

kewpcer

LivingInSpin said:
Anyone use the PD buzz butter or something similar on their LB? I've got some pharm grade min oil (butcher block oil), but would prefer a non-petroleum alternative.

I use Honey flavor Burt's Bees Wax lip balm on mine. Smells like lanolin for a little while, but I'm not paying 15 bucks for a pound of beeswax to make my own polish.

kewpcer,
LivingInSpin said:
Yep, native is the best.

I used to agree with you, but this past week I've discovered how strong the box can get if you use the stem. I've used it native on avg about twice a day for the last 8 months, but almost never with the stem.

but this is my new technique and it works amazingly for me:

With the stem, push in the battery and let the the vapor build up until its pretty strong in the tube (~4 seconds), then rest the stem on your bottom lip, but do not put your top lip on the stem! In other words, you do NOT want a full seal, as this will bring the temperature too low. Sometimes I even keep the stem off my lip, less than an inch away, so that I'm not even touching it.

Because the seal is not air-tight, you can suck in pretty quickly and watch a ton of vapor travel through the stem.

As I run out of lung capacity, I close my mouth around the stem, then I stop pushing in the battery to clear the tube, but I continue to suck in so that the vapor gets as deep into my lungs as possible.

You can get really huge hits this way, and unlike Pyromon's technique (inhaling through your nose while you mouth is covering the hole), you don't need to suck in a ton of non-vapor air that takes up valuable lung capacity.

And when I'm exhaling, I try to only let out a little (to see how thick the vapor is), then suck back in lots of oxygen. It takes a lot longer per hit this way, but you don't let nearly as much vapor escape on your exhale. Doing this also makes it much easier to use the box with a partner, as the timing works better in my opinion.

And always try to grind up as fine as possible, this makes a huge difference!

rockstarunicornprincess,

kewpcer

The stem really does help with rich hits. It's about half the ID of the native hole, so it's easier for me to pull a slow hit. Native is proving to be good when my throat is raw, like during allergy season... Which is now, lol.

Native, short stem, long stem, whip, and even bags if you're clever.

When is Magic-Flight gonna make a red one with a green cross (or a white leaf) on the side of it? That's all that's left to do.

kewpcer,

bennjammin

I've been hitting native and it works great, the stem is better if your using it with friends though. I just inhale very very slowly to get the best hits, sometimes shaking the box halfway through, being able to hold your breath really helps for longer hits. As I near the finish I stop pressing the battery and slide the lid open a little bit using it like a carb to clean out the rest of the vapor and also to cool down the herb. I've used the same trench about 3 times to get me to about a 6 with about 3-4 hits needed each time, the leftovers being completely brown.

What's the recommended time for holding in the vapor? Typically I try for about 10 seconds but still get very visible vapor on the exhale (which means I'm wasting it).

Also, the stem I have doesn't fit tightly in the mflb. Is it supposed to be like that? I've thought about heating up the acrylic stem and widening the ends very slightly so that it doesn't fall out. Any other suggestions?

bennjammin,

kewpcer

You're going to have visible vapor if you're taking long slow hits. The rich flavor you're getting is a happy side effect of inhaling far more vapor than your lung tissue can adsorb in a sing breath cycle.

Try this with a Powerex battery (little longer with stocks. you'll figure it out)

1. Let all air out of lungs as you charge the box to a normal cadence 4 count

2. Take a native hit for a count to 3, release the battery and inhale deeply to get the vapor far into your lower lungs and well mixed with cooler air.

3. Hold for a slow 4 count as you shake and resettle the box.

4. Release your breath and repeat immediately.

This tech gives me very little visible vapor, but warm tasty hits every time. It also plays with the oxygen in my blood like a bong rip does, so I get a solid thump when it kicks in. I rarely finish a 100mg bowl this way in one try.

kewpcer,

audur

Hey, I'm finally going to get a flight box, after using them with friends quite a bit. I love my SSV, but am quite excited for something portable.

I've gotten used to the more powerful powerful powerex batteries, and plan to just use those as soon as i get it. So I'd rather not get the batteries that come in the flight box packages, and i already have a charger too. Is it possible to order just the box, without all the accessories, for a lower price?

audur,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
audur, their site is a little deceiving. Doesn't look like a vapor site. If you hit any of the links to the right (i.e. aromatherapy) a new page comes on with a menu on the left. Magic Flight is listed there. If you click on it, it will take you to the page where the bare bones kit is offered. ;)

edited to add: I guess they do include the charger and batteries in the kit. Maybe contact them directly?

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hmm... yeah they may have changed stuff. Really nice folks though so I'd email and ask.

Lo,
Top Bottom