Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
The_Algebraist said:
Just 'cuz there's over 350 pages here and I've been absent from the site for about 349 of them, can I ask a quick question here:

Is there a consensus on a preferred alternative replacement battery/charger system for the MFLB?

Just picked up my LB today and am realizing that I'm going to need the extra juice...

Maha C-9000 charger (about $50), Powerex 2700 NIMH batteries (come in 4 packs) (about $10)
the extra juice definitely helps! and with the charger you can refresh and analyze and do awesome things to your batteries :)

Elluzion,

The_Algebraist

Muchos gracias. Exactly the info I needed. Placing the order now on amazon.

When you say "awesome things to the batteries"... you mean above/beyond charging them/getting data from the charger?

Elluzion said:
The_Algebraist said:
Just 'cuz there's over 350 pages here and I've been absent from the site for about 349 of them, can I ask a quick question here:

Is there a consensus on a preferred alternative replacement battery/charger system for the MFLB?

Just picked up my LB today and am realizing that I'm going to need the extra juice...

Maha C-9000 charger (about $50), Powerex 2700 NIMH batteries (come in 4 packs) (about $10)
the extra juice definitely helps! and with the charger you can refresh and analyze and do awesome things to your batteries :)

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

CutePanda said:
Here is a link to the upgraded batteries + charger from Amazon posted by someone on the previous page....

http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C9000-Advanced-Analyzer/dp/B00454YCWY/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Micro-hitting method is the way to go with the MFLB.

I'll try the micro-hitting technique in a bit, once the buzz from the 'standard technique' falls off. Are folks generally drawing straight from the box?

I'll also have to try the 'through the nose' technique this evening as well. I'm plenty high off of one trench.

The_Algebraist,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Can the Powerex 2700 NIMH batteries be charged with the stock charger that came with my LB?

sydnee,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
The_Algebraist said:
Muchos gracias. Exactly the info I needed. Placing the order now on amazon.

When you say "awesome things to the batteries"... you mean above/beyond charging them/getting data from the charger?

Elluzion said:
The_Algebraist said:

No problem. Well when I said awesome things I meant the refresh/analyze, break-in, cycle for a specified number of times, and charge at different rates for slower/faster charging, and also discharging to find out the batteries capacity. I love the charger! Just can't get too overwhelmed with all the numbers. the standard charge rate is 1000MA, which works well for most batteries. I recommend reading the manual FULLY when receiving it. That should answer your questions, and anything else:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145727
go there^

I think the forum is down currently (not sure why) but normally the link works when the forum is up.

Elluzion,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
That's absolutely true. Batts will perform better after 5 to 8 total discharge/charge cycles. They need to be exercised a bit before they reach their full potential.

So I should perform a Break-in for several consecutive sessions? I wouldn't mind, as I have the original batteries from Magic Flight. Sessions are 2 days

willieR,

Aetz88

sydnee said:
Can the Powerex 2700 NIMH batteries be charged with the stock charger that came with my LB?

nimh? Don't you mean mah?

I got some Powerex 2700s and they work awesome with the stock charger. I didn't want to spend the money on a $40-50 charger and then I heard I could use stock charger, got some batteries, and you can REALLY tell the difference.

Aetz88,

lwien

willieR said:
lwien said:
That's absolutely true. Batts will perform better after 5 to 8 total discharge/charge cycles. They need to be exercised a bit before they reach their full potential.

So I should perform a Break-in for several consecutive sessions? I wouldn't mind, as I have the original batteries from Magic Flight. Sessions are 2 days

You can if you wish, but just charging and discharging them for about 5 to 8 cycles will do the trick also just thru the normal use of using them in the LB.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

Aetz88 said:
...and then I heard I could use stock charger, got some batteries, and you can REALLY tell the difference.

stock charger = charger that came with your LB?

so it's not absolutely necessary to get a Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer to juice up the Powerex AA 2700mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries?

The_Algebraist,
Hello FC!
I recently just received the MLFB and so far, it looks like an AMAZING product. Definitely worth my 100$ The charger I got with the order has the official MFLB logo on it and its made by Harding Energy Inc. The only question I have about it is when I plug it into an outlet it flashes blue and red once quickly and then goes blank, and then when I put in a battery the light turns solid red. I'm confused about if that means its charged or charging. If anybody could answer that question I would greatly appreciate it. On the other hand, I'm proud to be a member of this forum and it seems like it's a great community, have heard great things about it! Thanks

Cobrahearted69,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The_Algebraist said:
so it's not absolutely necessary to get a Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer to juice up the Powerex AA 2700mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries?

What do you mean by juice up? You can charge them in almost any charger, but if they are deteriorating or were never broken in properly, then the C-9000 can perform a refresh or a break-in cycle, which could result in better performance.

pakalolo,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
MFLB Epiphany!!!!!

I've been using the 2 stock batteries with less-than-stellar results. Tonight, I put in one of the "extra" batteries I purchased an YEOWW! I had almost instant vapor, big, beautiful vapor clouds and a feeling that's near godliness.

Just thought I'd share my experience with the group.

:peace:

sydnee,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
Should be getting my Powerex 2700s and BC700 this week. Can't wait to start using my MFLB on a regular basis.

420Birth,

The_Algebraist

pakalolo said:
What do you mean by juice up? You can charge them in almost any charger, but if they are deteriorating or were never broken in properly, then the C-9000 can perform a refresh or a break-in cycle, which could result in better performance.

Excellent. The Maha is en route to me.

I'm amazed by how well the LB works. I'm in the midst of transitioning my daily vapes from a ssv/vg setup to a LB/PD setup.

The_Algebraist,
I have the MFLB Charger (the red light= charging and the blue light=charged) and I was wondering, would it be ok to leave the batteries in the charger overnight?

I think the battery's prob have 2 hrs left till done chargin but I would like to go to sleep lol. Thanks guys, pce

Cobrahearted69,

MG23

Relaxin'
My charger has the MFLB symbol but flashes yellow when charging and solid yellow when charged...

MG23,
hmm, I guess they're all different? Mine has the MFLB symbol on it too. All I know is I put 2 batteries in and the light went red and then about an hour later the light turned blue. So I'm assuming that means charged? I wonder if the charger has an auto trickle mode.

Because then it would be ok to leave the charger with the batteries in it overnight.

Cobrahearted69,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
one or two days on the charger should be ok. if your charger model is like mine, v-818, it has a trickle charge.

pinoy,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Cobrahearted69 said:
hmm, I guess they're all different? Mine has the MFLB symbol on it too. All I know is I put 2 batteries in and the light went red and then about an hour later the light turned blue. So I'm assuming that means charged? I wonder if the charger has an auto trickle mode.

Because then it would be ok to leave the charger with the batteries in it overnight.

I have a different charger, tenergy. But i wondered the same thing you did about the trickle mode. Someone here posted saying that the chargers do go into a trickle mode, and the batteries can be left in. The person said that while its fine to leave them in for a few additional hours, the less time the better. I believe it has to do with the heat of the batt.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Alright, I'm just gonna leave them in, it should be fine, thanks guys. All I know is that I have to get some more batteries. Any recommendations? I've heard good about a few different brands.

Cobrahearted69,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Whats the story with the more powerful batteries a available in Europe? Maybe they're not AA

willieR,
Top Bottom