Lo

Combustion free since '09
@ Noonan! YES! You should email MF and let them know. I had to have mine replaced and they said they were aware of the issue. My new PA is functioned very well. I got the new one very quickly. I sent them tracking info when I mailed mine back.

CustomerService@BlissSville.com

Lo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm trying to learn about this C-9000. I know there were some very good and thoughtful posts about what should be done with the Powerex 2700 batteries, but I'll be damned if I can find them all. Is there a "best practice" for the 2700s that is already out there?

I understand that you want to "form" the batteries first in Break-In mode, but for how long, for example.

And then after that we're simply charging, right? Seems like this all would be excellent info for Vaporpedia. Maybe it already is.

willieR,

upriver

combustion-free
Break-in mode takes about 2 days to complete. There will be a "done" indicator at the end of the cycle. After that, normal charging (set to 1300 for best results) will suffice. If the batteries fade, an "analyze and refresh" cycle should help. The Break-in should not be needed again unless the batteries are damaged.

upriver,

willieR

Been here since 2009
OK I should just leave on break-in mode until it's done. Great. I set the bat capacity to 2700 and that's it? I thought there was more to it. That's pretty straightforward.

You don't "refresh and analyze?"

willieR,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
shortwind said:
Hi. With my tiny weak hands it's hard to grind vigorously enough to get a fine grind with a manual grinder so awhile back I went and purchased a Hamilton Beach Custom Grind grinder. I'll pre-grind my herb for future use. However, I notice that after one or two grinding rounds, it will not go on again. I use one of the fine settings. Recently I ground some herb and a few minutes later, tried to grind some more, but it wouldn't turn on. This has happened before. I waited a few hours and went back and was able to finish the job. It's quite frustrating. I am saving a bunch of AVB, which I hope to grind up finer and use for some eventual edibles (not a cook, but want to learn to make some simple AVB edibles). Are there better electronic grinders out there that will not stall? I can't return it to Walmart as it is permeated with herbal material at this point...:D
Thanks!

got this from an Amazon reviewer with the same problems with that grinder, here is how they fixed it:

"The machine is not really a "hands free" coffee grinder. The clear plastic cover/cap has a safety mechanism such that the machine will not grind unless the cover is twisted firmly all the way into place. After some usage, in my case about a month, the cover starts to walk out of position ever so slightly because of the vibration from the grinding motor. The result is the grinder shuts off. Frustrating until I figured out what was going on.

I did not return the machine because 1) the solution is simple, hold onto the machine while it grinds away and 2) for that minor inconvenience it is a great grinder. "

DeepFried,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
willieR said:
OK I should just leave on break-in mode until it's done. Great. I set the bat capacity to 2700 and that's it? I thought there was more to it. That's pretty straightforward.

You don't "refresh and analyze?"

For the "break in" or forming mode, you just need to set the battery capacity (2700 mAH in your case), and the charger will automatically apply like a .1c charge and .2c discharge or something. Be aware that the process takes about 2 days (I recently got some 2700 batteries)

As far as normal charging, I have just been using the default charger setting of 1000 ma to charge my 2700's, and it has been working well. Of course you can set the charge rate higher, but there isn't really a perfect "standard" i know of.

Just don't go below .3c (.3 x 2700 = 810 ma) when charging your 2700's [as indicated in the manual].

Elluzion,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
clayton said:
I went from needing only 1 trench to needing like 2 or 3. I know tolerance goes up, but doesn't that seem like too much?

I am kind of the same (in a way)

I used to only need like 1 trench, now I'll hit like 2 half trenches, sometimes 3 depending.

Elluzion,

GDforLife

I got my MFLB about a month ago and have been more then happy with it. I am dealing with a lingering medical issue (broken leg) which I've been dealing with for about 2.5 years and need to preserve the health of my respiratory system to allow my body to focus on healing my leg, not my lungs. I can feel a huge difference after converting from 100% smoke to around 50% vape 50% smoke and plan to cut smoking down to about 25% soon but the difference I can feel already is amazing! I just ordered the ac power adapter along with auto adapter and extension cord and am very exited for its arrival, although I know it may take a few weeks I'm hoping it will come soon. My buddy found the adapter 15 minutes before I ordered it as it would be perfect for my situation as I'm stuck in bed healing my leg for a while. The MFLB crew already had my 100% approval before finding out about this adapter they clearly have stepped it up a notch. This thing is great.

Also thought I might share others may have already but for those who are trying to be as stealth as possible with smell and like to use a spoof this will probably be the next best thing you bought since the MFLB smokebuddy.com check it out works like a charm!

GDforLife,

robert denby

hey guys, i have a question

i have been using my launch box for a few weeks now and it has become my daily user.
a few days ago i used some iso and a little battery power to clean the bars that the screen sits on (they were black and chunky) and after i cleaned them i did an empty chamber burn with a battery (in intervals of 15-20 second contact) and i could not get the thing to stop emitting "smoke" out the top.
it definately died down over time how much there was but i can still get a steam/smoke to rise out of the top of it when its empty.
it doesnt smell like anything, i put my nose over it when it was emitting.

is there something wrong with my box or is this normal when heat that hot touches room temperature air?

i figured i'd ask here before potentially making a fool of myself and wasting the good people at magic flights time...

robert denby,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
A recent youtube comment on one of my PA vids.....

"I already felt kinda jipped when i spent 80 bucks on this mflb. i do want a power adapter but not gonna fork over $60 for it. gonna make it myself."

MUHAHAHAHAHA :)

JDSupreme,

max

Out to lunch
robert denby said:
is there something wrong with my box or is this normal when heat that hot touches room temperature air?
You're not gonna get vapor (or smoke) if there's nothing there but the metal screen. If you're seeing vapor coming off an empty box, then there's still residue there.

max,

lwien

JDSupreme said:

"I already felt kinda jipped when i spent 80 bucks on this mflb. i do want a power adapter but not gonna fork over $60 for it. gonna make it myself."

Ya know, JD, after reading about that guy who was inquiring if MF would replace his LB because he lost it and now reading this, it has become painfully obvious that the LaunchBox causes brain damage. :brow:

lwien,

morninglight

Any ETA on the non-beta PA? I would like to order one but I swear I read a past comment that the final will be just slightly cheaper.

morninglight,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hmmm, after 48h with my MFLB...I must say I do like it on many points BUT it still has some little cons to me, AND one of them is the stock batteries...
Yes I do get high with it , yes it is stealth (though 5 friends & my GF told me it looks much more like a pipe or a drug accessoire then the NO2...) BUT sorry, no way I'm finishing a trench with those 2000 Ma stock batts...Either micro-hitting either slow nose vaccum....
And yes I've got PERSONAL 2100 mAh batts, 2500 mAh batts & 2700 mAh batts (SANYO, POWEREX & VARTA) and they all perform better with my box.

I still need to practice, and I'll wait before totally reviewing it on the correct thread, and AGAIN I REALLY LIKE IT...but the provided batts were quite far from my expectations...

EDIT: my post was moved from another thread to this one... ??? So, as stated, I'll give my complete feedback on THIS "correct thread" any time soon!

FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
Magic Flight has been supplying 2400 mAh Imdions with the LB for quite a while now. If you just purchased a unit, that's what you've got unless your unit has been sitting on a shelf for an extended period.

max,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes I know Max and that was confirmed by the friend who gave it to me...
But as I am not able to finish a trench (I can finish a half full trench) with the stock ones vs. my own ones

+

the references on the peeled core of the batt said HL-AA2000LD... so I supposed...

But you are right I was supposing...my bad!!

FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
I've got a 'new version' LB, with bats that also say HL-AA2000LD, and I can't remember if I've noted the capacity when charging, but they certainly should be 2400's. Could be that your bats will perform better after charging/discharging a few times. :shrug:

max,

lwien

max said:
Could be that your bats will perform better after charging/discharging a few times. :shrug:

That's absolutely true. Batts will perform better after 5 to 8 total discharge/charge cycles. They need to be exercised a bit before they reach their full potential.

lwien,

shortwind

Hi DeepFried;

Thanks for your feedback re: my grinder. I will keep what you wrote in mind next time I grind!
Cheers!

shortwind,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lwien said:
max said:
Could be that your bats will perform better after charging/discharging a few times. :shrug:

That's absolutely true. Batts will perform better after 5 to 8 total discharge/charge cycles. They need to be exercised a bit before they reach their full potential.

Great news, thx guys... that confirms I still have to play with my new toy before giving a fair feedback.
And damn, I need a PA and a car adapter! :D Question though (yes I am a lazy guy): are the beta PA 110-220V or are we (again) "segregated"? :lol:

FLskwat,

GDforLife

JDSupreme said:

Hey JD just saw your vids on youtube and they definitely have me pumped about the adapter i just ordered your vid was just the review on it i was looking for. Just wanted to thank you for posting the vid and cant wait to try my mflb with it. Also just curious if anyone had an idea on how long it will take for me to receive the adapter if I just ordered it yesterday, also I just became a member on here but hopefully by now the rush of FC users who want to buy the adapter is over?? anyway referring to your quote i think alot of people aren't capable of using the mf correctly and will sadly never experience it to its full potential.

GDforLife,

The_Algebraist

Just 'cuz there's over 350 pages here and I've been absent from the site for about 349 of them, can I ask a quick question here:

Is there a consensus on a preferred alternative replacement battery/charger system for the MFLB?

Just picked up my LB today and am realizing that I'm going to need the extra juice...

The_Algebraist,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Just got my replacement warranty MFLB because my last one was having contact issues with the batteries, and even after I got new batteries.

Wow it seems that MFLB has changed the box everytime I get one. one I had was smaller than the rest, one has thicker plexi glass, and they all seem to be different woods. Crazy! looks like they have perfected it. the battery hole on the one I just got is a lot smaller as well, because in my last defective one the 2700's would slip right out, now they are snug! hopefully it will stay that way

Really don't want to wait until after exams to try this out :p teehee lol :ko:

I know this is random but sometimes when I workout I can smell ABV, as if I am sweating it. lol! has anyone experienced this. I vaped last night and I just smelled my underarms and they smell like ABV,,, :rolleyes: ummm, kinda freaking me out haha.

Elluzion,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
GDforLife said:
JDSupreme said:

Hey JD just saw your vids on youtube and they definitely have me pumped about the adapter i just ordered your vid was just the review on it i was looking for. Just wanted to thank you for posting the vid and cant wait to try my mflb with it. Also just curious if anyone had an idea on how long it will take for me to receive the adapter if I just ordered it yesterday, also I just became a member on here but hopefully by now the rush of FC users who want to buy the adapter is over?? anyway referring to your quote i think alot of people aren't capable of using the mf correctly and will sadly never experience it to its full potential.

No problem!

Should be about a week im guessing.

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom