CutePanda

Here is how I use my MFLB (I've only had it for about 1 week)

1. Grind up the herb finely
2. Fill the trench
3. Insert the battery for 4-5 seconds
4. Begin inhaling like I'm sipping a cup of tea for as long as I can with the battery still pushed in
5. Remove battery
6. Shake and repeat

How you inhale is probably the part that takes the most practice because with my EQV, I see the vapor clouds and with the MFLB, I often don't achieve the thick clouds. However, I read through VaporPedia and the MFLB isn't designed to produce thick vapor clouds. I know that it's working because I progressively see the herb turn brown after every draw.

CutePanda,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
teroblacknight said:
Also, in reading through this thread it really sounds like the li'l guy is great with stealth. I'm super paranoid (as a noob toker and living with really conservative roommates)...how much odor is this supposed to make indoors? I'm thinking about making a sploof just in case.

No need AT ALL for a sploof, believe me (this is probably the sneakiest vape you will find). Your roommates finding a sploof will be more conspicuous than the small amount of odor. I recommend hitting the box, and then breathing out the vapor into a towel or your shirt.

Elluzion,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Ed's TnT said:
I just got my own LB last week, have used it a couple of times, kinda ify about it right now, but was the same way when I got my first Zap,

Just like most of us here, one day soon you will be using it and when you come back to reality you'll just stare at the little thing and think to yourself WOW I can't believe how good this thing works and in your mind thank magic-flight for creating something so great for us all to enjoy.

Remember a very fine grind and strong batteries are a must.

DeepFried,

reece

Ed's TnT said:
There is gonna be some getting used to it, what concerns me the most is loads, with my Zap it takes a very minimal amount to get where I need to be, one load in the stem is usually all I need to wet my whistle, have seemed to be using quite a bit more in the LB, is that right? How bout the users here that one of each, the Zap and the LB, as far as loads go, which uses more?

Conservation is preservation!

It's all on you Ed. The trench for the Box holds more than a Zap stem but you don't have to vape the whole trench at once. I just emptied a trench that I had been hitting on for a couple of weeks. Not everyday mind you, I only use it when I'm out and about (and not every time). I learned quickly that doing a whole trench was more than was needed.

You can also load a smaller amount but I find the hits more satisfying with a full trench. I just don't finish it in one sitting.

reece,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Picked one of these up at KushCon. Man I love this thing, but it really isn't great when using with people that dont know how to use it. It seems not many people can get a good hit on the LB their first couple experiences with the LB. But with my good buddies or by myself this thing is great, and it is unmatched in portability and stealth. I ended up buying 4 of those Powerex 2700 mAh batteries, and highly recommend them. The box seems to reach vaporizing temperatures faster (I only wait 1-3 second before hitting it compared to 5 seconds with the batteries that shipped with it) and they do seem to last more than 1 bowl.

Also ED I would for sure buy a LB stem if you started making them.
:peace:

Nebera,

GreenLeaf

Ed's TnT said:
I just got my own LB last week, have used it a couple of times, kinda ify about it right now, but was the same way when I got my first Zap, I am learning, have been to the vaporpedia for info this unit, wow that is a whole lota help, I was overcome with all the knowledge I received from it, after a while of using my Zap its all I use out in the shop, been using my digger when on the road and mobile, I think that after I get the hang of this thing I will be just as excited about it as I am now with my Zap.

There is gonna be some getting used to it, what concerns me the most is loads, with my Zap it takes a very minimal amount to get where I need to be, one load in the stem is usually all I need to wet my whistle, have seemed to be using quite a bit more in the LB, is that right? How bout the users here that one of each, the Zap and the LB, as far as loads go, which uses more?

Conservation is preservation!

Ed you don't have to put tons of material in the trench at all. When I just tested out the MFLB I just put a dusting of crumbs of ground material on the bottom of the trench and it all worked out fine and gave me multiple vapor hits.

I would also buy a MFLB stem if you started making them.

GreenLeaf,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow, thanks for all the tips here, that was really quick, I have been thinking the same thing, with some practice and time I am sure I will enjoy it very much.

I grew up finishing everything on my plate, I am not one to leave a load and come back, I have to cash it no matter what, just will have to experiment with smaller loads at first. I also have a nice pile of keif I have been building, thinking bout stacking a load and seeing what that thing can do.

My problem is time, as it has always been, do you all know where I can find a little????

Great things are happening here, keep an eye out!!!

Ed's TnT,

steven22

I usually dont finish a trench in one session, infact, I use it couple times, one trench will last me from half a day to one full day. (some days i go through 2 trenches)

but I use my MFLB as a portable on the go vape, so im always out and about taking a few hits here and there in between errands... .Im not trying to get extremely ripped with it (have the E at home for that job)

steven22,

al bundy

Vaporist
ok ive read of some one using Delkin Power 2900mAh's any one try them? i know the 2700 powerex are the ones to get but in post 16-18 i read of the Delkin Power 2900mAh's.

and one other thing.
if i get the 2700s or the 2900 can i use the charger that came with the MFLB?

al bundy,

teroblacknight

Radio Flyer
The more I use this thing the more blown away I really am with it. I've started grinding down my herb like crazy and it really does make a big difference. I definitely see the limitations here with inexperienced users, though. I lent it to a friend (rookie mistake) and he totally charred a load waiting 20 seconds for hit to start.

That sploof I made works very well, too. Just some dryer sheets and activated carbon charcoal. Gotta love me some science. But since I do have a charred trench now, what's the best way to get this li'l guy clean?

teroblacknight,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
george said:
I want production Power Adapter!

Yeah me too, I need to get a power adapter before I go to Denver for 4/20 and Norml con and am hoping they have a production model available by then. Otherwise I'll just get the beta of course :cool:

aesthyrian,

August West

just got my PA last saturday and it works great. I couldn't wait for the production model and went with the beta. It really lights that small little light and gives you some nice tokes. That first full trench using the pa is so amazingly tasty.

August West,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Just received my C9000 and 4 batts . Now I have to figure out how to peel them and how to operate this Ferrari

willieR,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
teroblacknight said:
The more I use this thing the more blown away I really am with it. I've started grinding down my herb like crazy and it really does make a big difference. I definitely see the limitations here with inexperienced users, though. I lent it to a friend (rookie mistake) and he totally charred a load waiting 20 seconds for hit to start.

That sploof I made works very well, too. Just some dryer sheets and activated carbon charcoal. Gotta love me some science. But since I do have a charred trench now, what's the best way to get this li'l guy clean?

See "My (former) friend let some material combust in the Box, what should I do?."

Edited to fix up the URL

pakalolo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
willieR said:
Just received my C9000 and 4 batts . Now I have to figure out how to peel them and how to operate this Ferrari

Nice! Me too! Use goo gone or something to get the extra sticky stuff off. Make sure you BREAK IN the batteries before you use them with your LB

The charger is actually super simple to figure out, just read the manual honestly. I just got mine and I already refreshed and analyzed my old batteries twice, and am breaking in my new batteries :) I am excited!

Elluzion,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Elluzion said:
The charger is actually super simple to figure out, just read the manual honestly. I just got mine and I already refreshed and analyzed my old batteries twice, and am breaking in my new batteries :) I am excited!

On the c9000 I like to use the Break-In mode even on older batteries. I know it takes longer to finish the cycle but the batts seem to have a lot more punch after a Break-In cycle than when I use refresh and analyze. Give the Break-In mode a try on your used batts and let me know if you think it worked better than refresh and analyze.

DeepFried,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
Just want to say that I used my MFLB after letting it sit for months. I have a PD I use at home daily, and have been smoking joints lately when I go to a friends house or something like that.

I was going for a hike yesterday and there's no smoking anywhere, so I figured I'd charge the one battery I have left (other one overcharged and leaked) and take it with me.

OMG just like before, ONE hit is instant and amazing! It was almost too much! It wore out after maybe an hour, while the side effects did linger for a couple more.

I am now heading over to amazon to pick up the Powerex 2700s and the La Crosse BC-700 and planning on using my MFLB A LOT more now.

I do enjoy the occasional joint for nostalgic purposes, but know it's so wrong! lol

420Birth,

jak5

I tried charging my 2700's in my standard MFLB charger. The batteries got extremely hot in the middle of the charge.

Can I just let the batteries keep charging or does the standard charger not work with the powerex 2700's?

I would rather not buy a new charger but if I had to what is the recommended or the cheapest one?

jak5,

lwien

jak5 said:
I tried charging my 2700's in my standard MFLB charger. The batteries got extremely hot in the middle of the charge.

Can I just let the batteries keep charging or does the standard charger not work with the powerex 2700's?

I would rather not buy a new charger but if I had to what is the recommended or the cheapest one?

Warm is ok, but extremely hot is not good.

The cheapest good charger is a LaCrosse BC-700. From there, it's up to the MAHA C9000 at twice the amount. Not as user friendly as the BC-700 but it has a few more functions and it will charge at a higher (faster) rate, which for the 2700's, could be considered a good thing.

lwien,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
DeepFried said:
Elluzion said:

On the c9000 I like to use the Break-In mode even on older batteries. I know it takes longer to finish the cycle but the batts seem to have a lot more punch after a Break-In cycle than when I use refresh and analyze. Give the Break-In mode a try on your used batts and let me know if you think it worked better than refresh and analyze.

Oooh great suggestion! After doing the refresh and analyze twice on my 4 old MFLB batteries (the LSD 2400's I think), I thought they would pack more juice after going through the cycle twice, I think I will try the Break-In mode! the 9000 has recommendations for doing the refresh and analyze every like 10 cycles and the break-in mode every 30 cycles or something, should this actually be follow?

Elluzion,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Quick question about the tenergy charger shipped with the LB...it came with no instructions, and after searching a bit, I've come up dry. My question is can the batteries be left in the charger after the cycle is complete? When the lights turn green i take them out, but this means I have to be home, and awake to charge them...does the charger go to a neutral/idle mode when its done?

Thanks

Purpl3_Haz3,

lwien

I can't imagine that it doesn't go into trickle charge mode. Most chargers do but some just shut off. Either way, I think it's ok to leave them in there for a few hours after being charged, but I wouldn't want to leave them in there for a few days.

lwien,

CarltonBanks

Has anyone here heard of something called the CloudNine Firefly? The SF Bay Guardian mentioned it in their Cannabis issue.

http://www.sfbg.com/2011/01/25/state-weed

"The industry's many opportunities are starting to attract top talent from unrelated sectors of the economy, such as Mark Williams and Nic duTemps.

Williams recently quit his job at Apple to start CloudNine, which is developing a high-quality portable vaporizer called Firefly that will be assembled here in San Francisco and released this summer. Unlike current vaporizers made of plastic that use butane heaters to release the cannabanoids from the weed without burning it, Firefly is made of metal and glass with customizable wood inlays, uses advanced batteries in its heating element, and will retail for about $300."

I wonder how similar it is to the MFLB in concept?

CarltonBanks,
Top Bottom