max

Out to lunch
You don't have to feel vapor hits in your throat and lungs, and exhale vapor that's easy to see in any light, in order to get high. When you feel vapor hit your throat and expand in your lungs, and see vapor when you exhale, you know you got a good hit. That's fine if you want to do it that way, but it's not really efficient as far as stretching your herb. You'll go through it faster. Same with a full sized vape. That's why people love the Puple-Days for efficiency. The bowl is the smallest size on the market. It has a fixed temp so you're not going to get into the higher vaping temps (which will mean the heat process vaporizes more quickly). It just makes efficiency easy to obtain. A full size vape has a bigger bowl so you tend to load more, take big hits, and it's easy (with an analog whip model) to move up in temp, either with the dial setting or using an easy, slow draw. And your draw speed does affect the vaping temp with a convection unit. The LB is mostly conduction, so draw speed is less important, but still a factor.

So even though it's small, the LB works like a full size whip vape. Even more so since continuing to make battery contact keeps increasing the temp. I, like most, find myself wanting to feel the hit in my throat and lungs (like you do with smoke), and see visible vapor on exhale. But if you limit your battery contact, which keeps the temp under control, you can get hits that you don't really feel, and see no vapor on exhale. But if you take a few of these 'no feel, no visible vapor' hits and just sit back and wait, you'll feel the effect, as in getting high. It's not as satisfying to vape this way, but it's mostly psychological and just takes a little discipline. It's like the difference between sipping beer or wine, and tossing down shots of hard liquor one after the other. Sipping gives you measured doses while some quick shots will get you drunk in a hurry. You can go either way with the Launch Box, depending on how you use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
max,

Kuroth

Account Closed
max said:
You don't have to feel vapor hits in your throat and lungs, and exhale vapor that's easy to see in any light, in order to get high. When you feel vapor hit your throat and expand in your lungs, and see vapor when you exhale, you know you got a good hit. That's fine if you want to do it that way, but it's not really efficient as far as stretching your herb. You'll go through it faster. Same with a full sized vape. That's why people love the Puple-Days for efficiency. The bowl is the smallest size on the market. It has a fixed temp so you're not going to get into the higher vaping temps (which will mean the heat process vaporizes more quickly). It just makes efficiency easy to obtain. A full size vape has a bigger bowl so you tend to load more, take big hits, and it's easy (with an analog whip model) to move up in temp, either with the dial setting or using an easy, slow draw. And your draw speed does affect the vaping temp with a convection unit. The LB is mostly conduction, so draw speed is less important, but still a factor.

So even though it's small, the LB works like a full size whip vape. Even more so since continuing to make battery contact keeps increasing the temp. I, like most, find myself wanting to feel the hit in my throat and lungs (like you do with smoke), and see visible vapor on exhale. But if you limit your battery contact, which keeps the temp under control, you can get hits that you don't really feel, and see no vapor on exhale. But if you take a few of these 'no feel, no visible vapor' hits and just sit back and wait, you'll feel the effect, as in getting high. It's not as satisfying to vape this way, but it's mostly psychological and just takes a little discipline. It's like the difference between sipping beer or wine, and tossing down shots of hard liquor one after the other. Sipping gives you measured doses while some quick shots will get you drunk in a hurry. You can go either way with the Launch Box, depending on how you use it.
Great Info Max... Thanks!

Kuroth,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Well I could not wait.. Used it last night for my first time. Very interesting since this was my first Vape experience.. I found the LB very cool and very well made and easy to use.. I only loaded it about of the recommended amount and added a little leaf clippings in with a small amount of bud(all dried already and grounded).. So not as strong as just bud only (On purpose because it was late, I did not know what to expect, and I did not want to get totally whacked)

I got some visible vapor on most of my hits Not a lot but I could see a little when I would exhale. Since this was my first time and I was not really sure what I was doing, I got about 6 or 7 ten to fifteen second slow draws out of it Taking out the battery Shaking it and tapping it in between each draw.. Turned my load a dark brown almost black color..

The effect was defiantly different then my bong.. Not really sure yet how to describe the difference..I did not realize, until I was reading here, that the high would be different
Also did not realize I can save my load after I am done each time and use it later to bake with, Make Green Dragon..etcetc Cool Like getting double use out of your weed..

I noticed something kind of strange.. Not sure how or why it would happen but after almost every draw, my right eye would turn a blood shot red.. Maybe the way I was holding the unit, some smoke or heat was hitting my eye??? It did not hurt.. It was just odd Will see if that happens next time I use it...

LOL I was thinking after my first try with the LB, my Bong(Which I love) is like a loud, brash, sluttish, in your face, big tits hanging out chick you meet at a bar and you want to do her but dont want to take her home.. And she blows your mind.. :o
While a vaporizer experience (The LB) is like the girl next door nice type, clean, you want to take home and she still blows your mind in a different way :cool:

I can see tons of situations where the LB could be used that my bong cant I will still use my Bong(When I want one of those nasty slutty one night stand nights) but the LB will be my main unit from now on... For my situation, the LB is perfect as there are a lot of times I cant really use my bong..

Going to try it again this afternoon with Bud only this time..

Thanks MF for producing a great product..

Kuroth,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
reece said:
I don't see why not. It would be like passing a pipe around. The only thing is there is a learning curve and a group of people who don't have much practice might get annoying for you. It might be best for each person to finish a trench before reloading and passing. Others here have more experience with this, though.
Well I'm planning on having four vapes, each for a different purpose. I'm thinking the genie is still worth the get as seems its a bit better for group purposes, given the lighter vs battery aspect, but from what you said it sounds like the LB could work more than well in a pinch.
So one trench isn't a whole lot size/effect wise? And by that I mean enough for one, but maybe not for a group of seasoned tokers?
In any case, the LB seems perfect for solo toke missions, hell i could probably use it on brake at work :D

sneezyjesus,

Mojo

One more question .....

even if vape and smoke do not provide effects the same way ,
it is really said that, for a given high, a vaporizer like Volcano is using 1/3 of the weed used by smoking.

What ratio can i expect with the LB vs smoking ?
( not taking in account the AVB reuse !! )

Thanks.

Mojo,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Mojo said:
One more question .....

it is really said that, for a given high, a vaporizer like Volcano is using 1/3 of the weed used by smoking.

Thanks.
Its my understanding, in my short time of researching vaping, that when you vape you still use most of the THC... Its the stuff you get from smoking (whatever it is called) that I think you dont get when vaping.. Its these that are like poision to your body and the effects of the "heavy" stone, couch lock are from your body trying to get the poision out of you... So they say vaping the high is more Clean and you dont want to sit on the couch eating chips all day... LOL

Someone who knows a lot more then me on this subject can explaine better...

Below is a great Vido for a 101 ov Vaping..

Vaporizers 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9luNVYlT_E

Kuroth,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Kuroth said:
Mojo said:
One more question .....

Thanks.
Its my understanding, in my short time of researching vaping, that when you vape you still use most of the THC... Its the stuff you get from smoking (whatever it is called) that I think you dont get when vaping.. Its these that are like poision to your body and the effects of the "heavy" stone, couch lock are from your body trying to get the poision out of you... So they say vaping the high is more Clean and you dont want to sit on the couch eating chips all day... LOL
I don't believe that bullshit, using your common sense according to that would mean you would get high as fuck smoking plain cigarettes as they contain a lot more poisons than just smoking weed

DeepFried,

Kuroth

Account Closed
DeepFried said:
Kuroth said:
Mojo said:
One more question .....

Thanks.
I don't believe that bullshit, using your common sense according to that would mean you would get high as fuck smoking plain cigarettes as they contain a lot more poisons than just smoking weed
Like I said ass hole if you actually know how to read... "in my short time of researching vaping" "Someone who knows a lot more then me on this subject can explain better"

So STFU unless you can explain..

Mod note: Flaming/name calling is not allowed on any respectable forum. "Respect your fellow posters. No name calling, harassment, etc."

Kuroth,

genedogg

Well I have been reading this thread for a long time and finally made the plunge and bought the LB on wednesday. I bought it from the Blissville gang and WOW....they are a fantastic bunch! Order on wednesday and it got here on friday....but i didn't check my mail til this morning (saturday).....that sucker got from CA to OH in 2 days!!!

I only ordered the bare bone kit and a few extra whip pieces. ****They sent me a FREE BATTERY that was already fully charged!!!!****** This was HUGE for me cause I was not expecting it until today and was gonna buy the charger this morning. Well when I got the newspaper and saw the vape package I was really excited! I figured I would run to the store and get a charger but upon opening there was a note saying the battery was fully charged....so shoot......I had to try it out first! OMG....my first buzz of the day and it rocked for a few hours!

I just bought a 15 minute energizer charger and some enercell batteries from radio shack. Charged up them batteries and started vapin' again....However....i guess i sucked to slow cuz the herb caught on fire inside and burnt the screen pretty good. I can still use it but that was sort of a bummer. I now realize that i need to suck quicker or faster or something. I wish it was possible to order a new screen though cause it is all black now.

I am gonna chalk that up to my fault tho....dumb me!

Now more about it ..... It is super small and stealth!!!
I can't believe how small it is ..... smaller than a business card.....i mean really small....it's so awesome!

I have an arizer extreme as well but it's not stealth like the LB. I give this product a 95% out of 100. If i figure out how to replace the screen it will be a perfect score. The two vapes are so completely different but I have been wanting a portable forever!!! Thanks Magic Flight for making the best portable vape out there!!! The Launch BOX is the BOMB!!!:/;):cool:

Word!

genedogg,

ExactlyWrong

DeepFried said:
Kuroth said:
Mojo said:
One more question .....

Thanks.
Uh no. Carbon Monoxide and other bi-products of smoke DO contribute to the high you get when smoking. No, they don't make you high by themselves. You can't smoke a cigarette and get high because "they contain more poisons than weed." They just add to the high and do in fact make you more tired than you would be with just THC.

ExactlyWrong,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mojo said:
One more question .....

Thanks.
Hi,

This is a good question and not so easy to answer definitively. Generally, my opinion is that the difference in the bio-available yield between vaping and smoking is (or should be) about 4 to 1 for any "good" reasonably well designed vaporizer. Therefore, I think that it is fairly safe to claim that the use of good technique with the LB should be able to get at least into the 3 to 1 range, acknowledging that some sacrifices have been made towards overall utility and convenience with the Box.

Note: My opinions regarding these metrics are based on careful observations and notes made during the user testing, controlled interviews, etc. of the LB beta as well as certain versions and prototypes of the Tube (lab-work). In other words, they represent a mostly empirical view (that of an engineer) rather than a theoretical one (that of a salesman). Others with real experience on this forum will probably have their own opinions as well (they are welcomed).

Basically, the argument in favor of vaporization could as easily be made in terms of increased efficiency -- the quantity of a medicinal component actually ingested by the user, rather than in terms of increased health -- noticed as a difference in the quality of the high (which actual substances and in what ratios are transferred to the user). If there were some commonly accepted and correct way to describe the subjective notion of "how much high" you could get from smoking $80 worth of material, then using the LB vape you should be able to get at least 3X as much high -- or alternatively, get the same "high" three times as often using the same material. Another way of thinking about this would be to say that if you consume $80 worth of material via smoking in a month, then buying and using a LB should pay for itself twice-over in the first month of usage.

These factors are, of course, discounting the subtly different subjective effects associated with the experience itself, both before and after the immediate process of the ingestion event (the three-minute mark after the last 'hit'). Yet, in some respects, the 3:1 ratio is even a bit conservative. Certain research experiments have indicated that truly optimal conditions and handling procedures (ie, assuming perfect lab gear with no condensation effects, perfect temp control, etc -- all more complex than the LB) could result in a potential yield that is noticeably higher (8X+ to 1 -- units this good are generally too cumbersome and expensive to sell). In other respects, unfortunately, actual practice with real users finds that such metrics are not nearly so linear or proportional to the actual measured quantity of material consumed. In one sitting, consuming 2X as much material may result in no change at all (if the amount was below threshold to start with), or a change in the degree of 'high' which is much more than 2X (with a moderate amount in an non-habituated user), or a change which is somewhat less than 2X (if the quantity was overwhelming to begin with, doubling it will not make it significantly more-so). There are tolerance effects that occur in time as well -- consuming the same amount of material in two settings spaced 1/2 hour apart will produce different overall total amount of 'high' than two sittings spaced 2 hours apart -- which itself is different 2 days or 2 weeks apart in time.

As such, when considering "how much better" vaping is in comparison to smoking, the differences between user techniques, the non-linear response curve (tolerance both in time and in amount) and multiple factors associated with the quality/flavor of materials themselves (the quality of the high) all combine to confuse the "real" degree of improvement. Given that many of these aspects are inherently subjective and personal, it is therefore necessary to indicate that each individual will have a somewhat different experience of the 'actual effective yield' when transitioning to the LB. If you are going from smoking to using the LB, I would expect that *most* people would describe it as a 3X improvement. If you happen to already be used to vaporizers, then a transition to using a LB should be about even, but could be as good as 2X (if your previous vaporizer did not work well), or 0.7X if your other vape was especially good.

-- Magic-flight

PS: I would prefer that discussion of such matters remain civil. Opinions and helpful information is welcomed -- especially if stated in a way that requires no assumptions about anyone emotional state or intent. Works out for everyone that way -- now and forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi ShantyTown007, Nobilo, Kuroth, Genedogg, (and others!),

Thank you for some terrific and well expressed reviews! If is the comments on this forum (FC) that we pay attention to (more than most) and send back to engineering for possible product improvements. AS always, please stay in touch if we can be of any further assistance!

Best,
-- Magic-flight

shantytown007 said:
Mini Review ... Verdict: This is the 'Protopipe' of the 21st century - simple, compact, durable, self contained, travels well, silent and deadly like a ninja. Get one.
nobilo said:
Bottom line.....it is at the right price point, and is a really good travel item. It heats up quickly and is stealthy, and produces good vapor. I couldn't see using it as my main device at home, but on the road there may not be anything better than this out there currently.
genedogg said:
... I give this product a 95% out of 100. .... Thanks Magic Flight for making the best portable vape out there!!! The Launch BOX is the BOMB!!!

magicflight,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Loving my MF.. Used it for the second time today.... And all I can say is :o:o:o:o:o

I feel after only my second time using the MF, It is easy to use and I feel like I have been using it for years..

Kuroth,

chloe

genedogg said:
I bought it from the Blissville gang and WOW....they are a fantastic bunch!
Yes they are great....they sent me a couple of extra short pegs altho I did order 2 complete pkgs and it was my 2nd time ordering....they are always polite and real when communicating through email...I'm glad MF chose them as 1 of their distributors...both have great customer service

chloe,

Mojo

Thank's ALL for answers ;) ( even if i highly agree with MF "PS : ....... discussion .... remain civil" :peace: )

I am almost 100% sure that i will buy the LB :cool: , and , by this way ,
will "slide on the vape side of the Force ....." :ninja: , therefore , in my plan , stop combusting :puke:

One last question ( ... maybe until next one ... )

Some ( i remember Nobilo , but any other opinion is welcome ) said that , for them ,
LB could not be their regular and/or home vapo .
==> Could you explain me the reasons why ?

As i intend ( at least for the coming months ) to have only the LB ,
understanding such reasons , and ensuring there is no showstopper / my way of use ,
would make me feel really comfortable with my purchase
( soon time for go/nogo decision .... )

Thanks again

Mojo,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Mojo said:
Thank's ALL for answers ;) ( even if i highly agree with MF "PS : ....... discussion .... remain civil" :peace: )

I am almost 100% sure that i will buy the LB :cool: , and , by this way ,
will "slide on the vape side of the Force ....." :ninja: , therefore , in my plan , stop combusting :puke:

One last question ( ... maybe until next one ... )

Some ( i remember Nobilo , but any other opinion is welcome ) said that , for them ,
LB could not be their regular and/or home vapo .
==> Could you explain me the reasons why ?

As i intend ( at least for the coming months ) to have only the LB ,
understanding such reasons , and ensuring there is no showstopper / my way of use ,
would make me feel really comfortable with my purchase
( soon time for go/nogo decision .... )

Thanks again
Sorry for my outburst .. I will remain civil...

This is a good question I too was wondering about.. Since the LB is really the first Vape I have ever used, I was thinking about someday will I need more a home type unit... But then I stated thinking.. The LB is so easy just to take even around the house anywhere I want.. So small and no cords or wands attached.. Like yesterday I was using it while laying on my couch watching TV... With a home unit you have to be plugged in and have it sitting somewhere and have the wand attached... etc etc

I too would like to hear from more people that have used the LB but have home type units and how they compare.. Right now I am leaning towards skipping the Home unit and using my LB for both home and portable unit.. If I do this, I will purchase another LB in about 3 or 4 months and keep it as my back up unit(Since I like the LB so much and the price is so low compared to all the home type units..)

Kuroth,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
LB is a fun portable. It can be used anywhere anytime. No heat up time, gets you high. It's pretty efficient.

My PD has made the LB kind of sit to the side. It's always ready to go at home. I can take it on the road in car. Easy and efficient. Actually hits kind of similar to the LB, with much much milkier pulls. Now the LB has really become that backwoods true portable. Or my occasional lunch break special when I don't have a hot PD handy. Too similar to be the LB sidekick

Extreme is an excellent complement to the LB though. Accurate variable temp will be something you need on a second vape. Vape up light green LB duff on a higher temp if you wish. Extreme is a great group Vape. But similar to most vapes, need supervision while used by vape newbs.

Da Buddha would be your best less expensive option. I have never used it would suit your needs well, quality at a lesser price tag. Less bells and whistles. Check out vapeworld with FC member discounts.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

I had to use the LB exclusively for a couple of weeks. Did the job just fine but I did miss the thicker hits of the Iolite (was out being repaired). I now have a MyrtleZap which is my home vape. The LB and Iolite are exclusively portables and the situation determines which one I use.

reece,

chloe

reason for me why the LB cannot be a main home vape is simply batteries....even though I have 8...it's not exactly convenient and economical to burn through them on a daily basis when I have an electric vape...

if forced to I suppose I could use the LB as a main home vape, but I'd have to have a quick charger and lots of batteries on hand

chloe,

reece

chloe said:
if forced to I suppose I could use the LB as a main home vape, but I'd have to have a quick charger and lots of batteries on hand
I have a quick charger but only had two batteries. Worked fine but more would have been better. Without the quick charger though, forget it.

reece,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
chloe said:
reason for me why the LB cannot be a main home vape is simply batteries....even though I have 8...it's not exactly convenient and economical to burn through them on a daily basis when I have an electric vape...

Due to (very) popular demand, the Magic-flight Lab has been working on a desktop power module for the Launch Box. At home or in a car, this would enable you to use the Box immediately, without any batteries, all day. Lab tests have been successful and we are currently working on the business arrangements -- we hope to have beta units of the power module available to the FC membership by the end of this month (Oct).

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

stinkmeaner

Magicflight-
Have you ever thought of making a design that mimics a Asthma Inhaler, it would be a your product even more stealth. The you could use a larger size battery and you would press down on it to activate vapor just like your press down on an inhaler. Just a cool thought I had.

stinkmeaner,

Ben

magicflight said:
Due to (very) popular demand, the Magic-flight Lab has been working on a desktop power module for the Launch Box. At home or in a car, this would enable you to use the Box immediately, without any batteries, all day. Lab tests have been successful and we are currently working on the business arrangements -- we hope to have beta units of the power module available to the FC membership by the end of this month (Oct).

-- Magic-flight
Nice shot! It will be a major improvement :p
Super01.gif

Too bad I've ordered my LB just a week ago ... :rolleyes: :lol:

anyway ...waiting to hear and read more about that "power module" soon ;)

Ben,

chloe

magicflight said:
chloe said:

-- Magic-flight
That's absolutely GREAT news!! I can't wait, I thought it was going to be quite a few more months to see another product....

chloe,
Top Bottom