max

Out to lunch
Is this your first vape and intro to vapor? If so, you need to understand the difference between a vapor high and a smoke high. Since you don't get all the smoke by products with vapor, there is a difference. You get poisons with smoke that you avoid with with vapor, especially if you don't go with high temp vapor. The effects of these toxins are considered part of the mj high-mostly the sleep inducing, couch lock feeling. You do lose a couple of high temp sedative compounds with vapor as well. Take your LB to higher temps if you want. I wouldn't try to combust with it, but you can easily vape at higher temps by applying the battery for a longer time. I would also try a full sized whip vape, where it's easy to get big hits, before giving up on vapor. The LB isn't really designed as a big hitter. You may decide that the vapor high just isn't for you, but I wouldn't give up too soon.

max,

jklasd

i can only guess that since the LB is a small hitter( but still good), its not giving you the huge hits your use to while smoking, especially in the bong. someone more ...wise then myself will be able to explain better. i, myself, am hung up on how you are smoking it after and almost getting the same effect as if you smoked it from the start. usually, avb will still produce a high but not as fully potent and will only last a short amount of time.

jklasd,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
VivaSativa said:
magicflight said:
How even is the browning -- are there still any green bits? How brown is it getting before you consider it done?
I'd say about half of it gets brown, the rest gets a darker green color than it originally had. I'm not sure what kind of brown I should be getting, it's quite light, somewhere between green/gray/brown.
From your description, it seems like your may be running a bit cool (perhaps its screen is damaged?). Please send me a private email with your postal address and the serial number on the back, and we will send another unit. It should be possible to get a much darker brown with additional time.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

VivaSativa

magicflight said:
VivaSativa said:
magicflight said:
How even is the browning -- are there still any green bits? How brown is it getting before you consider it done?
I'd say about half of it gets brown, the rest gets a darker green color than it originally had. I'm not sure what kind of brown I should be getting, it's quite light, somewhere between green/gray/brown.
From your description, it seems like your may be running a bit cool (perhaps its screen is damaged?). Please send me a private email with your postal address and the serial number on the back, and we will send another unit. It should be possible to get a much darker brown with additional time.

-- Magic-flight
Email sent. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

VivaSativa,

Mojo

Hello all ,

Very interesting product and thread .....

==> In order to be used with the LB with best effects , how dry must be the weed ?

Thanks

Mojo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mojo said:
In order to be used with the LB with best effects, how dry must be the weed ?
Dry is better, as it contributes to better flavor, mixing etc, but is not usually critical. This is something of an opinion, though. Other comments?

magicflight,

Mojo

a) Do you mean more dry than the dryness needed for smoking it ?
b) ....... so dry that it crumbled when pressed between fingers ?

Mojo,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
imho trichomes don't dry out per se, but they do become "brittle" and the glands at the end of the stalk can drop off. Static electricity may play a part.

If there is moisture in the the remaining plant material (the "bud"), then that gets vaporized first into steam before the THC is vaporized. This is a waste of battery power, because of the extra calories of heat needed when steam is created from water -- going from 100C water to 100C vapor.

Hippie Dickie,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Could the LB be used as a group vape? It's hard to estimate how big the bowl size is from the pictures I've seen, and I've been wondering how much of a punch one bowl in the LB would have. I'd use it primarily for a stealth vape for sure, but having the ability for multiple person use could never hurt. Has anyone does this before?

sneezyjesus,

reece

I don't see why not. It would be like passing a pipe around. The only thing is there is a learning curve and a group of people who don't have much practice might get annoying for you. It might be best for each person to finish a trench before reloading and passing. Others here have more experience with this, though.

reece,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Hi all.. New to this site... Great site.. been reading and reading for the past 2 days..

The LB looks very interesting and after reading here yesterday, I ordered the LB kit from Bliss(Bliss just sent me a email today that they shipped and charged my batteries and it will be here Friday)

I am new to vaporizers... Long story short.. I have not smoked in almost 25 years but just got back into it about 2 months ago... I have a friend that grows it for him and me... No buying and knowing what I am smoking is GREAT... Cant beat Free killer home grown weed... I purchased a really nice glass bong and used it now about 4 times.. I love it... And it only takes a small amount to get me on that "Magic Flight"

But I need more stealth... Having a wife and 2 small kids that dont know and I dont want them to know.. So the bong is not always a good choice... (I mainly smoke in my house)

I had purchased the Oxygen Mini O2 but I am very disappointed with it mainly because it tastes like plastic shit... I cant stand how it tastes... I gave it a good burn in several times.. Then I read on here where people say you have to give it like a freaking month to burn out the plastic taste and even then it dont go away completely... I put it back in the box and was about to give up on vaporizers..

I really wanted a stealthy vaporize and the LB looks great... I hear it has some 'wood" taste but hell it has to be 100% better then the plastic taste from the Oxygen Mini O2....

Also the customer support and lifetime warranty from Magic-Flight has blown me away.. That really sold me.. Knowing if I have any problems, they will backup their product.. (I want to supoort them by buying their product and hope they are around for a long time)

So I cant wait to try it..

Thanks all..

Kuroth,

Beezleb

Hey Kuroth,
I use my LB solely for those type of situations and when I need portability. It fits the role perfectly.

Expect not a lot of visible vapor and you may wonder if its working, as the effects take a few minutes or so to come on.

Insert battery:
Just take a slow long draw, slower the draw = higher temperature
remove battery
Shake LB around then shake it back in the trench
Insert battery
repeat until done.

Generally you can tell when your done by the taste of the draws. Until then you want to go by the appearance of the ABV which should be brown in color.

Save your ABV as it still has plenty of goodness in it. While I have not tested this I would consider using this with your ABV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HLLgVN_xk

Beezleb,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Thanks Beezleb for the Info... Cant wait... I hope to replace my bong 90% of the time. I like my Bong so I will still use it from time to time when the wife and kids are out but the LB will be my main unit....

And the LB has now got me thinking about trips to the beach, fishing trips, skiing trips... etc...Stuff I never even considered for my Bong.. My LB will be my travle buddy... :brow:

Kuroth,

jklasd

update on the new charger: while i have only been charging the stock batteries, it does what it says. a little less then 4 hour charge time. this is the updated version of the 8 hour charger, then the 6.5h charger.
update on the LB: works as advertise. i need to really test it though, with shit ton of batteries to really find the right technique for me, as i feel something is...off. not the box, nor the battery, but easily user fixable.

jklasd,

Mojo

Hippie Dickie said:
imho trichomes don't dry out per se, but they do become "brittle" and the glands at the end of the stalk can drop off. Static electricity may play a part.

If there is moisture in the the remaining plant material (the "bud"), then that gets vaporized first into steam before the THC is vaporized. This is a waste of battery power, because of the extra calories of heat needed when steam is created from water -- going from 100C water to 100C vapor.
==> the "dryer" the better ?

Mojo,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yes, i think dryer is better. i don't grind, but i do crush the bud between thumb and fingers and drop the "crumbs" into the bud vial.

The ideal thing would be to extract all the trichomes and discard the plant material - Everclear wash, tumbler, water bags - i wonder which of the existing procedures is most efficient extraction.

Hippie Dickie,

shantytown007

Mini Review:

Got mine on Friday (5 days ago).

First Impression: Wow, this thing is tiny.

Vapor: on the lighter side, unless you leave the battery in for a while (though the taste can get iffy)

Effect: Medium-Strong, high energy vaped. Can't wreck me like the SSV, but I can't fit the SSV inside a pack of smokes (heck, could probably fit 2 or 3 inside a pack of smokes).

Stealth: Top notch. Flip the battery inside your pocket, press it in, count to 5, hand to mouth, inhale for 5-10s, back to pocket, flip the battery. I tested it out at Costco and the grocery store - completely silent, no smell (well, if I went for 10s there was a slight odor, but nothing that could be noticed more than a few feet away).

Tips that helped me the most:

Fill it to just below the top of the trough

The short tube (or no tube) is the most stealth

Little rubber bands that come in the box are perfect for keeping it closed in your pocket or bag

If you get other rechargeable batteries, you only need to rip the top 1/3-1/2 of the label off.

Get some Eneloop batteries and a LaCrosse 9009 Charger for heavy use (2hr charge, battery reconditioning).

Verdict: This is the 'Protopipe' of the 21st century - simple, compact, durable, self contained, travels well, silent and deadly like a ninja. Get one.

shantytown007,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Sweet Review ShantyTown.. Just got mine in the mail today... Not sure if I will have a chance to use it tonight but for sure by tomorrow...

I guess I got a little bit older model as mine is the ones that has the small hole on the other side... But I think MF said this hole has no bad affect or Vape lose...

I had a question.. How fine do you guys grind your stuff??? I mean I have heard get it to powder but in the few YouTub Vids I have seen, it dont look to me like it is powder.. Just wondering since I am new to Vaping...

Cant wait to try it... (I dont think I can stand it.. will have to try it latter tonight when I get home..

Kuroth,

nobilo

Just got this thing about a week ago and have used it enough times now to comment. It is pretty money all the way around. Not certain about how long it will last, as it seems a little fragile with the non-replaceable screen...but I knew that going in. It heats up in five seconds as advertised. If you have used other vapes and understand how to draw and control your hit, the learning curve is minimal. For those out there that say no visable vapor, I say whatever....you're probably not going to get huge clouds, but it produces good vapor. Not as tasty as the PD in my opinion, but I didn't expect it to be a taste machine.

Bottom line.....it is at the right price point, and is a really good travel item. It heats up quickly and is stealthy, and produces good vapor. I couldn't see using it as my main device at home, but on the road there may not be anything better than this out there currently. My two cents.

nobilo,

Bigpurp

Im experiencing sort of the opposite from you guys. I seem to be getting TOO MUCH vapor / big clouds. Im using the energizer 15 min charger with the included batteries but I am wondering,
Are these batteries possibly too powerful? Initially it hits good, with somewhat visible vapor most of the time but after a few hits things start to get real smokey. After like 2 hits the trench can get black burnt like a cashed bowl. Draw strength doesnt really matter either. IS my unit not 'callibrated' properly?
(this does Not happen THAT often but sometimes its unexpected when I just loaded a new trench)

Also, sometimes the batteries get pretty warm from the charger and I dont let it cool before using one- could this be the possible cause? And are these thick clouds still vapor or is it actually smoke since the herb can get burnt black?

Bigpurp,

Beezleb

Do you disconnect your batter after each draw or do you leave it in? It sounds like your leaving it on which will cause the lb to get hotter and hotter.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
And are these thick clouds still vapor or is it actually smoke since the herb can get burnt black?
You're leaving your battery connected too long and getting into the high temp vapor range. As for combustion, if you're running that hot, you should be getting some ash. Either way, lay off the battery if you're interested in smooth, healthier vapor. I've found this vape works best if you go for effect, rather than lung filling hits with big vapor clouds. It can be very efficient or go through herb in a hurry, depending on how you use it.

max,

Kuroth

Account Closed
"I've found this vape works best if you go for effect, rather than lung filling hits with big vapor clouds. It can be very efficient or go through herb in a hurry, depending on how you use it."

Hi.. new to all this.. So I am sure noob questions from me but what do you mean by "Go for effect"? You mean like taking smaller slow hits insted of one big hit?

Thanks!

Kuroth,
Top Bottom