DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
@B. those 15 min fast chargers are notorious for pooching batteries quickly, they over heat the cells while charging and damage them just a little every time. No amount of conditioning can correct physical cell damage.

Leaving them in an unplugged charger won't drain them. Just drain them fully using your LB, after a good vape session, dump your abv out and put the battery in for about 1 minute with the lid open, pull the battery after 1 minute, brush the box out after it has cooled and then put the battery back in again and leave it until it is fully drained, no more heat at all, no more visible light etc.

Now fully charge the battery in the charger that came with your LB and after it has finished fast charging, let it trickle charge for about 2 hours more to really squeeze the most into it.

Your box is now clean and your battery pumped to the max, so hit it hard.

DeepFried,

B.

War Criminal
Lo said:
You don't need to have the batteries fully drained and the stock charger is 'smart'. It will charge the batteries properly whether they're fully drained or not quite. I understand it's not a good idea to leave batteries in an unplugged charger.
I found that one out the hard way...I was on a road trip for work and had a charger with four fully charged batteries in my backpack.
When I stopped at a diner for some dinner I brought my backpack with me. Don't know if a battery got knocked loose or what, but my backpack started to emit a toxic odor, turns out the plastic was being melted. I covertly removed the batteries and acted as concerned as everyone else about the alarming odor,which quickly subsided and we all went on with our nights...

Charger was destroyed, tossed the batts too to be safe, I had plenty more.

Picked up 4 powerex 2700's from batteries plus for $16, came with a free 4 AA case. They are badass. Fit great, last long. Get em.
A set of these with 4 eneloops on backup duty sounds like a perfect setup.

I went to batteries plus looking for a new advanced charger, but all the had was the wizard, which is a good one, but it's $70. I guess the manager thought I was a sucker and tried telling me you couldn't get a charger with an lcd readout that can recondition for less than $70 anywhere, this was the cheapest option. When I asked about eneloops he had never heard of them, or low self discharge, and when I explained that it could hold it's charge considerably longer than a standard nimh batt, he dismissed it, saying brand doesn't matter, no matter what all nimh lose 1% a day. I invited him to look it up if he didn't believe me, he declined.

Not super impressed with my first trip to batteries plus.

@Deepfried-will do, I let ya know how it goes. Thanks.

B.,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
HELP HELP HELP !!!!! :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Received my Launch Box today from Puffitup.com yeah!!!! Soooo excited :D:D:D

Can't wait to test this puppy out right... something isn't right guys. I CANNOT get a my load to not burn. I've gone through 4 batts so far (had a bunch of Eneloops already charged for the occasion) and maybe twice as many trenches and every one of them burnt as popcorn.

I know my draw, my draw... seriously it can't be my draw. How much resistance do you all have when sucking on your LB either by stem or native? I swear I can't draw hardly at all, it's like sucking on a clogged pipe. I have been drawing with all my might and the trenches are burning and the taste is horrible. The grind is very fine and I've got fresh batts. Only thing I've had success with is leaving the sliding lid open a teeny tiny bit but even that isn't working all that great.

I've had my Buddha for months now and am pretty familiar with differing draw speeds and what taste I'm looking for. I also have gotten REALLY good with my Vapor Genie which requires good draw technique. But this LB, I can't draw fast enough to not burn, I swear it's like it's clogged or something...

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to send this thing back and wait for a replacement :(

PS. Sucks, the wife is making fun of me cuz she said it (the LB) would never work. It took me months to talk her into letting me order it hehe and now this... :uhoh:

daddygreenjeans,

GreenLeaf

DeepFried said:
@B. those 15 min fast chargers are notorious for pooching batteries quickly, they over heat the cells while charging and damage them just a little every time. No amount of conditioning can correct physical cell damage.

Leaving them in an unplugged charger won't drain them. Just drain them fully using your LB, after a good vape session, dump your abv out and put the battery in for about 1 minute with the lid open, pull the battery after 1 minute, brush the box out after it has cooled and then put the battery back in again and leave it until it is fully drained, no more heat at all, no more visible light etc.

Now fully charge the battery in the charger that came with your LB and after it has finished fast charging, let it trickle charge for about 2 hours more to really squeeze the most into it.

Your box is now clean and your battery pumped to the max, so hit it hard.
Thanks for the advice. :)

When I'm not using the batteries I keep them in the plastic case that they came in and if it's a battery that's not fully charged or currently in use with the box I put the battery cover on the Positive end of the battery when it's not in use and just in the MFLB storage box.

GreenLeaf,

Mckdenton

daddygreenjeans said:

Can't wait to test this puppy out right... something isn't right guys. I CANNOT get a my load to not burn. I've gone through 4 batts so far (had a bunch of Eneloops already charged for the occasion) and maybe twice as many trenches and every one of them burnt as popcorn.

I know my draw, my draw... seriously it can't be my draw. How much resistance do you all have when sucking on your LB either by stem or native? I swear I can't draw hardly at all, it's like sucking on a clogged pipe. I have been drawing with all my might and the trenches are burning and the taste is horrible. The grind is very fine and I've got fresh batts. Only thing I've had success with is leaving the sliding lid open a teeny tiny bit but even that isn't working all that great.

I've had my Buddha for months now and am pretty familiar with differing draw speeds and what taste I'm looking for. I also have gotten REALLY good with my Vapor Genie which requires good draw technique. But this LB, I can't draw fast enough to not burn, I swear it's like it's clogged or something...

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to send this thing back and wait for a replacement :(

PS. Sucks, the wife is making fun of me cuz she said it (the LB) would never work. It took me months to talk her into letting me order it hehe and now this... :uhoh:
You are taking the batt. out between hits, correct? :cool:

Mckdenton,

GreenLeaf

daddygreenjeans said:

Can't wait to test this puppy out right... something isn't right guys. I CANNOT get a my load to not burn. I've went through 4 batts so far (had a bunch of Eneloops already charged for the occasion) and maybe twice as many trenches and every one of them burnt as popcorn.

I inhale the vapor gently like you would from smoking a one hitter, small bowl, or even cigarette.

Don't inhale like you are hitting a joint or puffing on a cigar.

The directions that came with the MFLB said to wait until you are seeing vapor and then inhale it as though you are sipping hot tea out of cup.

I do not use the plastic stem that came with the MFLB at all. I find I get bigger hits without it and the stem is just a huge hassle for me. When the box is in use I do not leave the lid open at all.

Are you sure that you're not intentionally leaving the battery in way too long? Or filling up the MFLB with too much herb?

Try using a tiny amount of ground herb, keep the battery in for a few seconds until some vapor is produced and then immediately take the battery out and try hitting the box without the stem at all and see how this works.

GreenLeaf,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
LoLs yea, taking the batt out even before the hit is over. I'm about ready to cry, a grown man... crying... over a stupid vape, that's funny. Seriously... I've been trolling the MFLB thread ever since I bought my Buddha so I know everything I "think" there is to know about this vape. That's why for the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong, it's has to be a defective box :( (it happens no biggie).

Another note, I'm not sitting there waiting for it either I put the batt in and start sucking HARD with all my might and it still burns and tastes like sheet. Not to mention I'm out of breath now cuz I have to use all my strength to get a draw at all from this thing.

I've tried both native and with the stem, either way no joy...

daddygreenjeans,

B.

War Criminal
what color is your abv?

Have you tried inserting the battery after you've already started inhaling?

If you hit it as hard as you can does the bud swirl around in the trench?

You'll have the last laugh when you hit it right in front of your wife and she has no idea until you tell her :)

B.,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
The abv is BLACK looks like pepper (size and color).

The bud does not swirl around at all, even if I blow INTO the stem ...

It's seriously like there is no airflow "through" the box...

daddygreenjeans,

B.

War Criminal
Sounds to me like you definitely have an airflow problem. i'm pretty sure air enters the box at the negative coil where the battery goes...fiddle around in there, see if you can find a clog.

Once you confirm that MF is sending you a new box, try drilling a very very small hole in the bottom of the box to create some airflow. I bet that would work.

B.,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
yup, I checked that whole at the back. It's not clogged or nothing. It does seem to be right where the positive terminal of the batt is but I dont see where the airflow enters the box, its like something isn't right... :(

daddygreenjeans,

B.

War Criminal
Check my last post, just threw in an edit.

I'm pretty sure the airflow comes from the part in the wood where the negative coil sits. I remember reading many many pages back the hole drilled in the back of the box is purely for a step in the assembly process.

B.,

rileyman

seriously. will someone answer my Q ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Modnote: You've asked the question 3 times now. Why don't you try it yourself and report back.

# No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.
# No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.

rileyman,

Budz Bunny

There should be a small groove routed between the round trench area and the copper negative terminal where iy touches the cover. Thats where the air enters.

Budz Bunny,

B.

War Criminal
Riley-It all depends on security. If they use a wand and the LB is in the same pocket as your keys, they probably wont notice it if they just do an outside squeeze of your pocket. if its the kind you walk through, and you have to empty your pockets into that tray, you're probably screwed. Unless maybe you can stick in between your belt and your pants maybe?

The move I do is to send someone in ahead of you and have them call you once they get past security and tell you what to expect.

B.,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So I see now that the negative grove you were talking about is most likely the air intake, makes sense. But yea... no air is getting thru there at all, nothin.

I've since gotten maybe 2 ok hits by leaving the top of the box slightly slid open.

daddygreenjeans,

B.

War Criminal
That sucks. They'll definitely send out a replacement though. Waiting is the worst.

B.,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So what is the "draw" or "pull" I should be feeling? I swear it's like a clogged pipe ...

Should it be an easy flow of air that I can freely control? Or should there be a slight resistance to the inhale?

I know I'm gonna LOVE this box, oh well things happen. :)

daddygreenjeans,

fylgja

The airflow feels just like a protopipe, or like sucking air through a coffee straw. If you have resistance maybe a hole wasn't drilled completely, or a piece of wood got stuck on the inside. Definitely contact the company. They seem pretty helpful, from what others have experienced.

I'm amazed how effective this works. After trying out other portable vaporizers and disliking them I thought I'd never find the right one for me, but this is definitely it. My only regret is not buying it sooner.

fylgja,

chucku

Charles Urbane
rileyman said:
@b. yes the metal detector. was super blazed when i posted that didnt really think much haha

in general: has anyone tried taking a magic flight launch box into a sports event? such as a baseball/basketball/football/hockey game?
No problem, I took my VG bat to a baseball game and hit it in the mens room. As long as the LB is pre-loaded you may be able to use it at your seat. Seriously, its not like you are going to court or getting on a plane.

chucku,

oneoone

It is my understanding that it is not illegal to own a MFLB, so there should be no problems bringing into a game.

oneoone,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
oneoone said:
It is my understanding that it is not illegal to own a MFLB, so there should be no problems bringing into a game.
The whole point of the MFLB is to basically hold the weed in the trench and strap an elastic around it. While it wouldn't be illegal to have the device, the dope inside is definitely not going to fly. Not to mention if you do have to pull it out and security looks at it, they will wonder what the hell it is and probably keep it. Worth it?

mattybass,

B.

War Criminal
keep the pot seperate...fill a contact case with bud, one side for fresh, one for abv

B.,

oneoone

mattybass said:
oneoone said:
The whole point of the MFLB is to basically hold the weed in the trench and strap an elastic around it. While it wouldn't be illegal to have the device, the dope inside is definitely not going to fly. Not to mention if you do have to pull it out and security looks at it, they will wonder what the hell it is and probably keep it. Worth it?
You could always not load the weed in it until you are inside.

If you are really nervous, there is a popular method for carrying cannabis on domestics flights called the tighty whitey method. Basically you grind the weed up before hand, put it in a small ziplock or two and tape it in between two sets of tighty whiteys.

If it is good enough for carrying on planes I think it would be good enough to get into a baseball game.

oneoone,
Top Bottom