The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well I received my Lotus today and It is fantastic. Easy to use and incredibly smooth.

@ataxian
That rig is awesome! Where'd you get it?
I'm glad you spent you $ properly!

I have 18 water riggs left (I break glass everyday almost)

For the LOTUS I'll take pictures in my garden tomorrow when I wake up!

The LOTUS has the best WPA in the world!

I am the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

My glass SHERLOCK is 5 years old and unbroken somehow?

The LOTUS is like a joint however healthier!

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Has anyone tried to use an external heat source other than a flame to power their lotus? I'm considering removing my heater cover from my LSV and touching the ceramic heater to the lotus in order to get a consistent vape. Just for science. Don't want to do it if it'll harm my Lotus, but what do you guys think? If it's been discussed before, lemme know.

Personally I don't remember anything been mentioned before. Could you possibly put a pic of the LSV heater cover so that we get the idea. Maybe bringing in contact the hot plate with another material could cause it melt on it or sth? What's wrong with the torches? :p

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

AJS

Calm Consistency
Personally I don't remember anything been mentioned before. Could you possibly put a pic of the LSV heater cover so that we get the idea. Maybe bringing in contact the hot plate with another material could cause it melt on it or sth? What's wrong with the torches? :p

Nothing wrong with torches, I just want to experiment for science purposes :)
It's a ceramic rod that has the potential to glow completely red, or turn down to the point of being white. Just as any ceramic rod like a soldering iron, but instead of solder it's a ceramic stick that gets hot.

It is a "butaneless lighter" as they call it.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@AJS Sounds interesting I must say! I'm not sure if warranty would cover it in case of any failure though. If you do test it let us know how it went :)
I have been vaping with my old normal cap for the last 2-3 sessions, I'm home sick with some "running nose" mainly so I'm pretty baked and vaped all day long so far today:freak::science:, and I noticed that temperature does not build up as fast as with the HT cap.
The performance of the normal cap is just amazingly nice as well!! :leaf::peace:

Not to mention that the steel stem is probably the best tool to vape your lotus.. the flavour that you get and the milky clouds is waaay better than almost any other patterns that you can get. Of course the WPA still remains the finest of its kind and the toys that you can combine with it just takes it to a whole new level but flavour wise, the stem is the QUEEN!!! Add the mobility as well and there you go.. BOOOM!! In yer face!! :lmao::whip::bigleaf:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Not to mention that the steel stem is probably the best tool to vape your lotus.. the flavour that you get and the milky clouds is waaay better than almost any other patterns that you can get. Of course the WPA still remains the finest of its kind and the toys that you can combine with it just takes it to a whole new level but flavour wise, the stem is the QUEEN!!! Add the mobility as well and there you go.. BOOOM!! In yer face!! :lmao::whip:

Haha, I didn't get the stem, just the wpa :(
I normally just threw it on my d020-d, but my brother gave me a little hand held bubbler pipe that looks like a 7, at which the vertical line is a little miniature 6 (or so) arm tree perc, and the horizontal line of the 7 is the mouthpiece of course.
It's on dhgate somewhere, haha.

Edit: :doh: I forgot to say anything at all about this piece, I just describe it...Obviously the Lotus is working this morning.
I enjoy this little bubbler so much because I feel like I am smoking a little pipe, except it's going through water. It's like a J-Hook and a bubbler built into 1 device, so fun! Highly recommend something like this for the Lotus or other small portable handhelds.

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Haha, I didn't get the stem, just the wpa :(
I normally just threw it on my d020-d, but my brother gave me a little hand held bubbler pipe that looks like a 7, at which the vertical line is a little miniature 6 (or so) arm tree perc, and the horizontal line of the 7 is the mouthpiece of course.
It's on dhgate somewhere, haha.

Edit: :doh: I forgot to say anything at all about this piece, I just describe it...Obviously the Lotus is working this morning.
I enjoy this little bubbler so much because I feel like I am smoking a little pipe, except it's going through water. It's like a J-Hook and a bubbler built into 1 device, so fun! Highly recommend something like this for the Lotus or other small portable handhelds.

You're missing a lot man without the stem. In case you get any parts or spares for the lotus, I'd suggest that you get that stem as well.
So that means that you don't take it outdoors your lotus or you can have this bubbler hanging from your neck or sth? :D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You're missing a lot man without the stem. In case you get any parts or spares for the lotus, I'd suggest that you get that stem as well.
So that means that you don't take it outdoors your lotus or you can have this bubbler hanging from your neck or sth? :D
I never put things in my mouth that conflicts with flavor?
ov4WHlP.jpg

Flavor World

Last edited:

Eyedunno

@voodoo_vape : I noticed I had failed to respond to one of your questions. Sorry.
@Eyedunno If I may ask, what issue did it have the first one?
Pretty much the one thing that could possibly go wrong with such a great, simple design: The bowl was crooked when it was press-fit into the stem, so it isn't in all the way, and the cap also goes on crooked (and contacts only one of the two magnets).

@Eyedunno heads up on the purr2go...I've had 2 and although they are nice they are damn near impossible to clean when the start getting reclaim on the inside..can't use ISO and I've had zero luck with pbw...just gets stickier and binds to the acrylic..
Thank you for giving me a reason not to spend $100--I can totally see how it would be a bitch to clean. I will correct one thing--my understanding is that it's polycarbonate and not acrylic, as is the water piece (from Transformer Tubes) I use most frequently (read: not very frequently at all) with my Lotus WPA. My understanding is that while polycarbonate will never clean up as nicely as glass, it at least tolerates isopropyl better than acrylic.

I have 18 water riggs left (I break glass everyday almost)

My glass SHERLOCK is 5 years old and unbroken somehow?
I think I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I am like the opposite of you on this. I have never broken a smoking or vaping-related piece of glass. *knock on wood* I still have a glass pipe I bought 17 or 18 years ago. That said, I dislike using glass because I am so paranoid about breaking it, and I have some kind of protective case or pouch for every piece, so those two things probably have a lot to do with why I've never broken anything.

subway13029

I agree..i do think its polycarbonate but it doesnt hold up to iso..i used iso on my first one and it not only didnt clean it but it cracked it all to hell..first it put a white haze iver the whole piece then it cracked it all to hell..i had to buy a replacement stem and can..which are 20 a piece..so i bought one for 100 and then 40 for the 2 replacement pieces and now they are dirty and nothing will clean it..looks like shit.

subway13029,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@voodoo_vape : I noticed I had failed to respond to one of your questions. Sorry.

Pretty much the one thing that could possibly go wrong with such a great, simple design: The bowl was crooked when it was press-fit into the stem, so it isn't in all the way, and the cap also goes on crooked (and contacts only one of the two magnets).

Thank you for giving me a reason not to spend $100--I can totally see how it would be a bitch to clean. I will correct one thing--my understanding is that it's polycarbonate and not acrylic, as is the water piece (from Transformer Tubes) I use most frequently (read: not very frequently at all) with my Lotus WPA. My understanding is that while polycarbonate will never clean up as nicely as glass, it at least tolerates isopropyl better than acrylic.

I think I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I am like the opposite of you on this. I have never broken a smoking or vaping-related piece of glass. *knock on wood* I still have a glass pipe I bought 17 or 18 years ago. That said, I dislike using glass because I am so paranoid about breaking it, and I have some kind of protective case or pouch for every piece, so those two things probably have a lot to do with why I've never broken anything.
What AUTO-AMUNNE disease do you have?
I never broke anything in my life until I got sick!

CANNABIS is the best medicine I have found!

We only smoked joints in the 70's and BonG's were not popular in HAWAII.
The smaller mouth piece made water path popular!

I use a LOTUS when I feel like a joint.
Water path to cool it down.

My FLOORS in my garden are JURASSIC PARK STONE.
Inside is all LIME STONE.

I break glass with pleasure!
Gives me an excuse to buy more.

AJS

Calm Consistency
The Lotus is treating me...very interestingly.
I can get massive hits, or thin hits, depending on what I want.
But...It confuses me. It truly does. I can get a perfect, PERFECT vape, awesome coloring all the way through, and still have the load taste too hot.
Well...if I start at a lower temp and ease the flame in, the flavor is too wispy to seriously stand out to me.
I have absolutely not problem getting massive or small hits with a PERFECT burn...but...the flavor doesn't always stick. Sometimes it hits me perfect, sometimes it's too burnt, despite the awesome looking, light green/yellow abv after the first hit. Just not sure what to change up.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The Lotus is treating me...very interestingly.
I can get massive hits, or thin hits, depending on what I want.
But...It confuses me. It truly does. I can get a perfect, PERFECT vape, awesome coloring all the way through, and still have the load taste too hot.
Well...if I start at a lower temp and ease the flame in, the flavor is too wispy to seriously stand out to me.
I have absolutely not problem getting massive or small hits with a PERFECT burn...but...the flavor doesn't always stick. Sometimes it hits me perfect, sometimes it's too burnt, despite the awesome looking, light green/yellow abv after the first hit. Just not sure what to change up.
That's why I always go through water.
5/8" flame to plate.

I use a low level of other vape.

The right tool for the job!

For me the LOTUS is like a joint.

I love joints however they don't even like me?

AJS

Calm Consistency
That's why I always go through water.
5/8" flame to plate.

I use a low level of other vape.

The right tool for the job!

For me the LOTUS is like a joint.

I love joints however they don't even like me?

I only go through water as well, only own the wpa, not the pipe.
I like a bigger flame because I feel when I use a small flame and bring it close, the flame is sorta penetrating the steel more and hitting the wood because it's so close. Am I crazy? I feel I get more wood smell sometimes if I use a close small flame as opposed to a large far flame. Help!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I only go through water as well, only own the wpa, not the pipe.
I like a bigger flame because I feel when I use a small flame and bring it close, the flame is sorta penetrating the steel more and hitting the wood because it's so close. Am I crazy? I feel I get more wood smell sometimes if I use a close small flame as opposed to a large far flame. Help!
I love the WPA from LOTUS!

I use to use a large long flame however my wood was getting burnt!

Now I just keep the flame medium about 5/8'' from the center of the plate.

FLAVOR/EFFECT = CIVILIZED

AJS

Calm Consistency
I love the WPA from LOTUS!

I use to use a large long flame however my wood was getting burnt!

Now I just keep the flame medium about 5/8'' from the center of the plate.

FLAVOR/EFFECT = CIVILIZED
I'll do my best...

I'll experiment with smaller flames now that my Lotus has been very very thoroughly broken in.

I can't even see the Circle with which the flame is supposed to go in anymore, lol. Oh well.

6M48mla.jpg

Edit: Love this setup, works so well. A water'd J-Hook if you will. Yum.

EDIT EDIT:
Ended up shortening the flame and getting closer. Not getting quite as thick clouds, but definitely producing enough nice pure vapor and FINALLY getting that flavor that I've been chasing. Two bowls, both yielding consistent results in the flavor section.
Very impressed...had this for almost a month now it seems and haven't been able to consistently get this flavor.

When using a smaller flame, should your torch be close enough that it starts to make a "woosh" sound? I think that's the air pushed out of the torch touching the plate...not sure. Do you guys know that sound? It's not the torch itself, it's when the torch is too close to the Lotus.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'll do my best...

I'll experiment with smaller flames now that my Lotus has been very very thoroughly broken in.

I can't even see the Circle with which the flame is supposed to go in anymore, lol. Oh well.

6M48mla.jpg

Edit: Love this setup, works so well. A water'd J-Hook if you will. Yum.

EDIT EDIT:
Ended up shortening the flame and getting closer. Not getting quite as thick clouds, but definitely producing enough nice pure vapor and FINALLY getting that flavor that I've been chasing. Two bowls, both yielding consistent results in the flavor section.
Very impressed...had this for almost a month now it seems and haven't been able to consistently get this flavor.

When using a smaller flame, should your torch be close enough that it starts to make a "woosh" sound? I think that's the air pushed out of the torch touching the plate...not sure. Do you guys know that sound? It's not the torch itself, it's when the torch is too close to the Lotus.
xZPrkhJ.jpg

Medicate or get stoned?

AJS

Calm Consistency
xZPrkhJ.jpg

Medicate or get stoned?
Wow you've shared two pics of your backyard/pieces that have blown me away. Your setup looks like SO much fun...wonderful, clean glass, and a beautiful pool area.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the taste of this smaller flame. I can't believe this is all it took. I've gotten it so if the tip of the thick part of the flame is just touching the steel, it makes for huge flavorful hits. Damn! Loving this.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow you've shared two pics of your backyard/pieces that have blown me away. Your setup looks like SO much fun...wonderful, clean glass, and a beautiful pool area.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the taste of this smaller flame. I can't believe this is all it took. I've gotten it so if the tip of the thick part of the flame is just touching the steel, it makes for huge flavorful hits. Damn! Loving this.
CANNABIS is natures gift to man kind!
Your cool because I think you get it?

I have my LOTUS in a full rotation.

As I think about how beyond medication I am I'm burning on all cylinders!

Spocks_Katra

Hi all,

I have a quick question.

Let me first say I love the lotus design and functionality and have been eyeing one since the new year.

I read on the site that nickel emissions from heating the lotus are on the high side of the safe range of inhalation. However, does that account for using it multiple times a day?

For example, If I used it once or twice, Id be within the safe range of nickel emissions albeit the high side of things. If I vaped a third bowl, would I now be be in the unsafe range of nickel emmissions?

Basically, does using it multiple times a day compound on the amount of inhaled nickel to the point where it then becomes unsafe/unhealthy?

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I read on the site that nickel emissions from heating the lotus are on the high side of the safe range of inhalation. However, does that account for using it multiple times a day?
The discussion of the nickel fumes on the Lotus website does not mean what you are describing. The experiment results show that if you were using the Lotus 24 hours a day you would be inhaling in total the same amount of nickel fumes that are in normal air. It would be an amount that is on the high end of the normal range but still within normal.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
You've been called through the notif @ thingy from several FCers but you decided to reply to this one....
Not to mention that you don't even reply to your PMs. VERY VERY PROFESSIONAL of you @Max Jitter
Thnx a lot mate... That's how you deal with good words from your customers about your product....

voodoo_vape,

AJS

Calm Consistency
You've been called through the notif @ thingy from several FCers but you decided to reply to this one....
Not to mention that you don't even reply to your PMs. VERY VERY PROFESSIONAL of you @Max Jitter
Thnx a lot mate... That's how you deal with good words from your customers about your product....
I very rarely see him coming through on FC...maybe try giving him a call? He was very helpful to me when I was on the phone with him, no issues. I haven't been around this thread that often though, but phone calls definitely worked for me.

Welll.....I came here originally to make a post about how consistent the Lotus has been for me these past few days. Whatever you guys told me to do, it absolutely worked, or at least had me re-think my current setup.
I'm finally able to flavor chase with the Lotus, and the clouds aren't something to be overlooked.
I CONSTANTLY need to remind myself .... this fucker is a portable. PORTABLE. I completely forget all the time. I'm always trying to compare it to my desktops then I'm like....wait...I don't see any cables?

Lotus is treating me well.

CANNABIS is cool! :lol:

Top Bottom