The Lotus Vaporizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
You should see the movie, "Looking for Mr.Goodbar" Diane Keaton was the main actress. (70's)

I think I will always have a LOTUS for that joint like feel.

I got a new Bubbler/Waterpipe for the LOTUS

GonG's are so lame.

The LOTUS WPA is the most durable water connector made and my favorite.

Do you use a angled torch?
What a difference it made!

I tried a T break however it was scary for me?

One gram a day is pretty standard for me?

I was able to replace most of my pills with CANNABIS?

T break would put me in a HOSPITAL!

DUTCH TREAT COLAS is not a bad strain at all!

AT4e4ZS.jpg

That's a sweet bubbler! How does it function?
I am using a torch like the one in your picture only much smaller, off ebay.
And i love the WPA!!! Best design!

I don't do t breaks ever, just cut down on consumption a lot.
Your 1 gram is over the course of a day?
Mine was over two hours...

I do not take any pills at the moment but one day with my AS it will be inevitable...

Got some Pink Salad F5 growing at the moment!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's a sweet bubbler! How does it function?
I am using a torch like the one in your picture only much smaller, off ebay.
And i love the WPA!!! Best design!

I don't do t breaks ever, just cut down on consumption a lot.
Your 1 gram is over the course of a day?
Mine was over two hours...

I do not take any pills at the moment but one day with my AS it will be inevitable...

Got some Pink Salad F5 growing at the moment!
You people in CANADA have a very Progressive young leader!

This little bubbler I use with the LOTUS.

I have the GAS disease so bad almost equal your VAS?

GSC, GDP, GRAPEFRUIT are in the line up!

I have 2 months worth of DUTCH TREAT COLAS that taste like lemons to me.
Rips are welcome.

1 gram from when I wake until I hit the hay!

I was at 4-5 grams per day until I started vaporizing.
Flavor CANNABIS is outstanding!

Vaporizer's that don't hurt this flavor are appreciated.

The LOTUS is like a joint however it taste better!

What weird timing?
Maybe it's OK?
Wine & Weed = same time?
Medication = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

Nugg

@ataxian you have a glass coffee table? That's just asking for trouble isn't it?

I got the whole lotus package and love the j hook. I haven't even bothered trying the aluminum stem.

Edit: I've stuck to the j hook because I like the visual feedback. You can easily judge the vapor density and adjust the heat or your draw to get what you want.

When I first got the lotus I thought a water tool was the best way to learn but I kept combusting. I started using it dry and my technique got better faster. Now I've got more control when I do want to use a water tool.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian you have a glass coffee table? That's just asking for trouble isn't it?

I got the whole lotus package and love the j hook. I haven't even bothered trying the aluminum stem.

Edit: I've stuck to the j hook because I like the visual feedback. You can easily judge the vapor density and adjust the heat or your draw to get what you want.

When I first got the lotus I thought a water tool was the best way to learn but I kept combusting. I started using it dry and my technique got better faster. Now I've got more control when I do want to use a water tool.
Funny!

I love glass for decoration?
I love glass on my lips.
I buy 5 glass JHOOKS at a time.

Material that goes against my lips cannot effect flavor.

Aluminum is durable for sure.
I just find it not suited for oral application.

Some don't have an issue with material's as I do so what I believe has no bearing on market issues!
One thing I have a strong option on for what it's worth?

LOTUS has a WPA that blows away any vaporizer company.

This is were durability should be in the design.

Adapters don't need to be made of glass?

Mouth pieces I like glass.

I won't drink wine from a Styrofoam cup!

Bvapst

Here it is ! In fact I have it since a few days already and I enjoy it a lot ! Replacing the al-stem for now. I think I'll use the Al-stem for "hardcore" outdoor.

VF5aH9G.jpg

Funny thing is from describing what I wanted (before to see any pic of a lotus wood stem) I got something similar to someone here :D. However mine is cocobolo and is made by @Aezhenn . I got someother bigger piece (where you put the WPA), but it needs to be arranged for being functionnal..
3EhqY2m.jpg

So your lips are at the level of the top of the barrel and you can see the center plate just like you can with the al-stem (more or less).

Vaping through the wood is a really good feeling, warm, enjoyable..cocobolo is so sleek and a beauty !
Enjoy and enhance your Lotus experience !

ILtxSPM.jpg

Sorry for the crapy pics, and this isn't my camera ...(mine is worst)

Bizkat

I've also noticed that after couple of quick hits the new cap feels really hot at the wooden part as well, almost annoyingly. Is it normal or am I still doing something wrong? The clouds I'm getting though are really impressive...

I've noticed this too but thought it was a sign to let it cool off.

I don't have any experience with the old cap though so it's hard for me to compare.

sherb

I don't have any experience with the old cap though so it's hard for me to compare.

I'd love to hear some comparisons! I still have the old cap; it's held up very well to harsh, red hot WPA sessions, as well as light .01 g AL stem jobs :)

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL

Well, I'd say that it gets a little bit hotter than the old one. This could be due to the fact that the new cap is embedded in the wood so it gets more heat than it used to. Nevertheless, this doesn't seem to be a problem.. You just let it cool down for a minute or two and you're ready to go. Maybe this is an addition as well, although it gets really hot it can cool down considerably faster than before, I think.

I'd love to hear some comparisons! I still have the old cap; it's held up very well to harsh, red hot WPA sessions, as well as light .01 g AL stem jobs :)

Here is my 1st kind of review with the new cap and few posts after it is some other thoughts I had.
The stem rocks when you're on the go!!! It can get you stoned everywhere!! And I mean everywhere.. Acting like normal, you don't get noticed as well.
The stem can give you extremely powerful quick "slaps" in the face if you're rough with it but it can also give you soft flavourful blast that will leave your mouth full of bud-taste. It purely how you want your sessions.

The WPA as @ataxian has previously mentioned, is probably the best WPA you can get. It's solid and it's durable as the stem version is. The new version with the holding piece gives you better control when you're pulling it off a bong or a j-hook while making easier to hold it when its really hot.

Overall so far I really like the feeling of the new cap. The hole in the middle on the plate seems better for some reason. The flame stays in it, if I can say so. Solid vaping is much better as well.. Comparing it with the old cap it gets less hotter than the old one, so the so called hi-temp cap I think it excuses the extra ceramic plate and its value. It will be very interesting when I take the cap off for the first time as well.

I've also received my 1st batch of lighters. Some cheap chinese made turbo torch lighters with some serious tank of butane!!! They work fine so far and they look really powerful! They were adjusted to the desired length according to Lotus instructions, and they're almost at their lowest modes which makes them last forever!! I'd say that their tank is probably 3-4 times the honest's one!!
They're those:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-jet-1300-c-butane-lighter/214150381.html

A proper value for money buy, that was!!

@Bvapst This is some proper wood man!! Looks good!! And it can be easily cleaned as it looks like it.

Lotus is THE vape!!! It gives you a clean and fresh taste, smell and buzz that puts it among the top portable vaporizers easily!!!!

sherb

The WPA as @ataxian has previously mentioned, is probably the best WPA you can get. It's solid and it's durable as the stem version is. The new version with the holding piece gives you better control when you're pulling it off a bong or a j-hook while making easier to hold it when its really hot.

Overall so far I really like the feeling of the new cap. The hole in the middle on the plate seems better for some reason. The flame stays in it, if I can say so. Solid vaping is much better as well.. Comparing it with the old cap it gets less hotter than the old one, so the so called hi-temp cap I think it excuses the extra ceramic plate and its value. It will be very interesting when I take the cap off for the first time as well.

Lotus is THE vape!!! It gives you a clean and fresh taste, smell and buzz that puts it among the top portable vaporizers easily!!!!

Maybe I will have to look into getting one. I do like the idea of the cap getting less hot. You mention the WPA having a new holder--is that the same holder that was first released? I must admit I never quite liked it.

I also remember there being some replacement program a while back, when the new design was first announced. I should look into getting it. Sounds like an email to the Lotus crew is in order!

sherb,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Not sure if I've mentioned this, but the arizer air/solo screens stop way more particles than the stock lotus screens. Swapped those out after day one, never looked back.

Lynch

@Max Jitter Are there any promotions for the Lotus right now?

Also, I was wondering if there are any downside of going with the HT Lotus for vaping flowers exclusively?

As a newbie, would I benefit a lot from the J-pipe, or would I be fine learning on the long alu. stem?

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Maybe I will have to look into getting one. I do like the idea of the cap getting less hot. You mention the WPA having a new holder--is that the same holder that was first released? I must admit I never quite liked it.

I also remember there being some replacement program a while back, when the new design was first announced. I should look into getting it. Sounds like an email to the Lotus crew is in order!

Yes it's the same holder that it was first released. I just mentioned it for those that they still have the old one without the holder or they don't have WPA yet. I have it since early '15 and I think that this will be the final edition. There's nothing else really to add there.

When you're saying replacement program you mean the replacement kit, right? There are only few retailers that have the Lotus and the other kits available. I think it's vapefiend and verdampftnochmal. I bought my 2nd set from the german guy. I received my order within 6 days and the price was very very reasonable comparing to the original one. Maybe is even better with the posting and the transit time getting it from the EU retailers.

You can either get the whole replacement kit or just the hot plate. Bear in mind that the new HT cap comes with screws and the actual alen screw driver so probably you would want just the hot place as an additional item.

Also, I was wondering if there are any downside of going with the HT Lotus for vaping flowers exclusively?

As a newbie, would I benefit a lot from the J-pipe, or would I be fine learning on the long alu. stem?

To me is like the Grasshopper more or less.. If you go with the HT you will get some additional lifetime and some extra durability I reckon. Plus that the geometry on the new model is much better than the old model. And it's definitely getting cooler faster than before. @Max Jitter could confirm that for us.

The same goes if you pick the Ti model instead of the SS model at the GH. You will get the advantages that the Ti has. May not be very distinctive but there are there..

I wouldn't think that there are any downsides for using only flower. On the contrary, since you'll be torching less comparing to vaping solid, then your cap will last even longer. Personally, I didn't buy for vaping solid. I mainly vape flowers as well and whenever I find some good charas or so, I'll give it a go.

Reg the al stem and the j-hook. I'll tell you that, if you learn to vape with the al stem, then vaping through the j-hook will be a piece of cake. Plus the fact that the stem makes the lotus really portable and ideal for outdoor use!! The stem is definitely fucking indestructible!!! So if you're about to decide which of the two to buy, I would recommend both and if you're only to buy one of them I would personally go with the stem regardless the fact that you will probably have better sessions with the j-hook!! Not that the stem doesn't give you excellent sessions as well.

Bizkat

Wondering if people who have both the Lotus WPA and the metal stem load them differently, in terms of capacity and pack? I know that many people are fans of micro-loads in the metals stem for instance. Do people pack more for bubblers?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wondering if people who have both the Lotus WPA and the metal stem load them differently, in terms of capacity and pack? I know that many people are fans of micro-loads in the metals stem for instance. Do people pack more for bubblers?
I don't have a stem, but I have a Jhook, and I've noticed I treat the two setups differently (jhook vs bubbler). With jhook, you can get away with packing smaller amounts because small hits are very satisfying and "there" when through the stem.
Through the bubbler, the hits feel weaker and non present, needing a bit more oomph to give me that satisfied feeling.
Each person is different, but that's me :)

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL

Micro-loads FTW!!! Its amazing the hits and the buzz you can get with the stem and with a j-hook with around 0.07-0.08 portion. With the bubbler you may need to put a bit more but not a full load, my personal opinion. The efficiency you can have with a minimum load, its just magic....

AJS

Calm Consistency
Micro-loads FTW!!! Its amazing the hits and the buzz you can get with the stem and with a j-hook with around 0.07-0.08 portion. With the bubbler you may need to put a bit more but not a full load, my personal opinion. The efficiency you can have with a minimum load, its just magic....

It's not the efficiency I'm concerned about with micro loads through the Lotus bubbler. For me, the hit just isn't a full bodied, flavorful, lung buster. I like a nice full bodied hit that yellows my herb, and a second one to suck out the rest without sacrificing too much flavor towards the end. If I have too little herb, I sacrifice flavor on the first hit as the herb over Browns to get the full bodied hit I am chasing.
While over time, the effects will be greater if I took my time on smaller amounts, but the journey wouldn't be nearly as pleasant. I like my vape a particular way and micro loads (just enough to cover the screen) doesn't do it. Although, I still load very very small amounts, just not what I'd consider a micro load.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Indeed @AJS especially with the WPA you can easily load it more and enjoy all those you said.. like I've been doing tonight the last hour or so.. I had two post office's pick ups today!! Woohoooo

The ash catcher that I had ordered almost 2 months ago finally arrived!! It actually shipped once back to China (never got a notif from my local postman), but thanks to the seller good will and cooperation I got it on the 2nd attempt! :D

And I also received the other batch of torches that I ordered some while ago. I now have 8 torches!! 2 types, 4 of each one.

Here they are as in album in imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/VELqZ

Unfortunately, I can't upload the images directly with the img link. I dunno the reason.. it shows it like that for some reason..

G4lUG51

Anyway, the catcher is fantastic.. I had two sessions almost 2 hrs ago and my head is still spinning.. And these lighters they look quality ones. Manufacturer is eagle. Seems pretty decent to me. I paid sth extra but I think that I worth it. Nice catch, nice feel, material of higher quality and feels like it as well. The tank is huge as well. Funny that the guy sent them half way, maybe a bit more, full!! :D

Eyedunno

I just added to my Lotus arsenal. :)
jGJvtRy.jpg

Thanks to Mendocino Therapeutics for the crazy-fast claim response (first stem had an issue--took two days to get the replacement O_o ).

My verdict is that short stem + black cap (+ fine screen) is the best combo and the one I will be using most often. After months of using the long stem, I'm blown away by how much of an improvement the short stem is. It just feels more natural in the hand and looks nicer in terms of proportions too. I'm not as impressed by the regular vapor cap. The color of silver on silver is nicer, but I like how the black cap is shorter, countersunk and far, far harder to accidentally burn your finger on due to the countersinking and the ceramic coating.

Can't really go wrong with any combo though. I'm still tempted to get a Purr2Go to use with the WPA, but that price tag holds me back (especially considering water isn't really my usual go-to, which I know makes me a bit weird)...

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@Eyedunno If I may ask, what issue did it have the first one?
Other than that, the short one looks nice as well. Has the normal cap changed as well, or is it the photo?
Is it "embedded" in the wooden part as the black cap (HT) is or is it as it used to be on top of the wooden plate?

I'm really amazed with that little ash catcher that I got.. really powerful with almost no harsh for the throat.. the hits that you can take are EPIC!!! :rockon::science::rockon::love:

Eyedunno

@Eyedunno If I may ask, what issue did it have the first one?
Other than that, the short one looks nice as well. Has the normal cap changed as well, or is it the photo?
Is it "embedded" in the wooden part as the black cap (HT) is or is it as it used to be on top of the wooden plate?

I'm really amazed with that little ash catcher that I got.. really powerful with almost no harsh for the throat.. the hits that you can take are EPIC!!! :rockon::science::rockon::love:
Nope, it's on top of the wood on the regular cap, and the wooden part is slightly taller as well (and with different beveling on top). I would guess the hot plate is 2-3mm closer to the herb on the HT cap due to the wood being shorter and the plate being countersunk.

Eyedunno,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

AJS

Calm Consistency
Has anyone tried to use an external heat source other than a flame to power their lotus? I'm considering removing my heater cover from my LSV and touching the ceramic heater to the lotus in order to get a consistent vape. Just for science. Don't want to do it if it'll harm my Lotus, but what do you guys think? If it's been discussed before, lemme know.

subway13029

@Eyedunno heads up on the purr2go...I've had 2 and although they are nice they are damn near impossible to clean when the start getting reclaim on the inside..can't use ISO and I've had zero luck with pbw...just gets stickier and binds to the acrylic..

subway13029,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom