The Lotus Vaporizer

Unisonruss

@Max Jitter Do you plan on releasing another version of the lotus with larger trench (Home size vs. portable) and heavy-duty cap? The Lotus as it stands is an amazing portable, and can also be terrific with a water pipe, although for those that seek to use a stronger flame, combustion remains a very easy thing to do... Plus a bowl doesn't last nearly as long. Having a home based version Lotus would be absolutely amazing!

Unisonruss,
Reactions: Snappo

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, I got my Lotus (Yay) and I am trying to wait till later to try it (too early in the day for me), so I am looking for stuff to do in the mean time. Am off to the grocery store in a minute, but do you all recommend a good cleaning before first use? ISO I assume...

First hit. THAT is VERY tasty. :) :) I think I am going to like this guy...

Last edited:

papafuzzers

Hey FC comrades!
Classic case of long time lurker first time posting deal here ..

I initially came across this site researching the FF, one among the few that made it to my top three potential vapes for a first time purchase. The community here is thoroughly thoughtful, creative, witty and most certainly helpful and knowledgable. It's like a breath of fresh air or even better I bet, lotus vapor; deliciously potent details and yet not without it's hazy moments ;)

I read through the complete FF thread daydreaming weeks before 4/20 of our rendezvous together. There were moments, however where I thought "hmm, I wonder what this lotus business everyone seems to praise alongside the FF is..."
Well, after finishing both threads I can officially diagnose myself with the dreaded VAS. I want them both!

My experience with vaporizers has been limited and awkward, but l still long to gain a more fulfilling and personal hands on affair. Plus, my girlfriend has asthma which combustion can trigger and with 2 kids in the house and a new baby; I needed to find a better way to medicate. Enter lotus...

Oh god, where do I start? First of all, I still yet to own one. I jumped over the fence probably by page ten or so, but sadly unemployment has hindered any investments. And oh! It killed me when I saw mendo had a 4/20 sale and I just missed it, but I'm OCD so I had to read from the beginning and didn't allow myself to skip ahead (very enjoyable and so much information, and yet I didn't even realize about time sensitive opportunities like that.. How silly I am lol )
Perhaps a Mother Day's Sale !? @ Max Jitter

I knoooow ... I'm naughty for asking, late at that lol but every little helps especially for a new dad. Anyways, Im hoping to surprise her with a torquoise long al stem similar to how another member gifted one for his girl. I dont know a more apt gift for a mother deserving of a few quick stress relieving hits throughout her hectic daily routine. I'm actually thinking of picking one up for my own mom since I think she might benefit more than on the coupious pills she takes. I know ezvapes has a code but I rather buy direct, either way though I'll find a way to share this wonderful piece I've only so far enjoyed vicariously through FC :D

Unisonruss

Found a cool little glass piece...works with the lotus very well. Portable enough to hold, and a whip for a nice draw. The combo is excellent and now my favorite. Super easy to clean, too :D

uZozyBo.jpg

olysh pops

It doesn't smell like cedar to me, I'm familiar with that smell. It smell kinda like mold. I'm not saying it IS moldy, just a similar smell. It is fading, but I don't like inhaling from something that smells like that.
Hi
The same happened to me
It seems to come from overheat
Check that the torch flame is right on the center of the lotus flower when you heat it.
After few seconds of heating the lotus flower, try to raise and down the torch in order to stop increasing temperature and keep the good one ;)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Found a cool little glass piece...works with the lotus very well. Portable enough to hold, and a whip for a nice draw. The combo is excellent and now my favorite. Super easy to clean, too :D

uZozyBo.jpg

Nice! Looks like an AC with a whip! Nice idea, I've got a really sweet honeycomb + turbine AC coming next week from China, been looking for varous ways to use it, hadn't thought about direct connecting a whip!

Hey FC comrades!
Classic case of long time lurker first time posting deal here ..

I initially came across this site researching the FF, one among the few that made it to my top three potential vapes for a first time purchase. The community here is thoroughly thoughtful, creative, witty and most certainly helpful and knowledgable. It's like a breath of fresh air or even better I bet, lotus vapor; deliciously potent details and yet not without it's hazy moments ;)

I read through the complete FF thread daydreaming weeks before 4/20 of our rendezvous together. There were moments, however where I thought "hmm, I wonder what this lotus business everyone seems to praise alongside the FF is..."
Well, after finishing both threads I can officially diagnose myself with the dreaded VAS. I want them both!

My experience with vaporizers has been limited and awkward, but l still long to gain a more fulfilling and personal hands on affair. Plus, my girlfriend has asthma which combustion can trigger and with 2 kids in the house and a new baby; I needed to find a better way to medicate. Enter lotus...

Oh god, where do I start? First of all, I still yet to own one. I jumped over the fence probably by page ten or so, but sadly unemployment has hindered any investments. And oh! It killed me when I saw mendo had a 4/20 sale and I just missed it, but I'm OCD so I had to read from the beginning and didn't allow myself to skip ahead (very enjoyable and so much information, and yet I didn't even realize about time sensitive opportunities like that.. How silly I am lol )
Perhaps a Mother Day's Sale !? @ Max Jitter

I knoooow ... I'm naughty for asking, late at that lol but every little helps especially for a new dad. Anyways, Im hoping to surprise her with a torquoise long al stem similar to how another member gifted one for his girl. I dont know a more apt gift for a mother deserving of a few quick stress relieving hits throughout her hectic daily routine. I'm actually thinking of picking one up for my own mom since I think she might benefit more than on the coupious pills she takes. I know ezvapes has a code but I rather buy direct, either way though I'll find a way to share this wonderful piece I've only so far enjoyed vicariously through FC :D

Welcome dude! I don't know much about the Firefly, but I will say this, the Firefly has a different heating system, there are several electrical components. The Lotus is pretty simple. The firefly fits nicely into your pocket. The lotus is only marginally portable with the new leather pouch from MT.

Additionally, the Lotus is not discrete in any sense of the word. Using a torch over a hot plate doesn't quite look "kosher". While the FF is not the most discrete, you still don't need a loud noticeable torch to get things going.

But, if discretion is not a necessity as in my case (using around the house, child free), the Lotus is the clear champion in my book. I've never imagined a vape can get me RIPPED in under 5 minutes flat. Seriously, it's almost frustrating how fast this vape is. Before I stopped combusting, I had a habit of sitting down with a packed bubbler, and sip away at my bud for 10 minutes while watching something on my tablet on the porch. Then with my DV ascent, I would sit there and sip away for 30 minutes while enjoying my session.

But the Lotus? Pft, I'm done in no time. It's simply astounding how fast and efficient this vape is. I cannot describe how happy I am with my purchase. I would have gladly paid even more for it had I known someone locally with a Lotus to demo before!!

The FF and the Lotus have their pros' and cons. If you're looking for something portable, maybe the Firefly is the way to go. If you're looking for a versatile vape that can be used both out and about, and at home, and medicates in seconds, maybe the Lotus is better for you.

Personally, I'm planning on buying a third vape (gotta love VAS!) which cooks my herb SLOWER than the Lotus so I can enjoy a long session after a hard day's work sometimes! ha ha ha.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Nice! Looks like an AC with a whip! Nice idea, I've got a really sweet honeycomb + turbine AC coming next week from China, been looking for varous ways to use it, hadn't thought about direct connecting a whip!

Welcome dude! I don't know much about the Firefly, but I will say this, the Firefly has a different heating system, there are several electrical components. The Lotus is pretty simple. The firefly fits nicely into your pocket. The lotus is only marginally portable with the new leather pouch from MT.

Additionally, the Lotus is not discrete in any sense of the word. Using a torch over a hot plate doesn't quite look "kosher". While the FF is not the most discrete, you still don't need a loud noticeable torch to get things going.

But, if discretion is not a necessity as in my case (using around the house, child free), the Lotus is the clear champion in my book. I've never imagined a vape can get me RIPPED in under 5 minutes flat. Seriously, it's almost frustrating how fast this vape is. Before I stopped combusting, I had a habit of sitting down with a packed bubbler, and sip away at my bud for 10 minutes while watching something on my tablet on the porch. Then with my DV ascent, I would sit there and sip away for 30 minutes while enjoying my session.

But the Lotus? Pft, I'm done in no time. It's simply astounding how fast and efficient this vape is. I cannot describe how happy I am with my purchase. I would have gladly paid even more for it had I known someone locally with a Lotus to demo before!!

The FF and the Lotus have their pros' and cons. If you're looking for something portable, maybe the Firefly is the way to go. If you're looking for a versatile vape that can be used both out and about, and at home, and medicates in seconds, maybe the Lotus is better for you.

Personally, I'm planning on buying a third vape (gotta love VAS!) which cooks my herb SLOWER than the Lotus so I can enjoy a long session after a hard day's work sometimes! ha ha ha.
One thing is sure: once you get the hang of it, which shouldn't take long, the hits you get will be amazingly thick and so tasty you'll want to chew them. The Lotus is a very big hitter in a beautiful little package. Three thumbs up - 5 Stars - and a Gold Ribbon for this wonder gem of a vape! Great service too! That counts for a lot!!!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Now you've got my mouth watering! Packing up a night cap right now!! God I low how thick the milk this Lotus can produce.

Yesterday I took one of my well used cotton filters and cut off a piece to vape some reclaim. Holy SHIT did that produce the most milk I've seen yet! at least 10 seconds of solid white vapor. Damn near passed out mid hit. :whoa:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Now you've got my mouth watering! Packing up a night cap right now!! God I low how thick the milk this Lotus can produce.

Yesterday I took one of my well used cotton filters and cut off a piece to vape some reclaim. Holy SHIT did that produce the most milk I've seen yet! at least 10 seconds of solid white vapor. Damn near passed out mid hit. :whoa:
Here's what I love to use with my Lotus ...my custom sherlock w/custom reclaimer - a very powerful combo!!!
flcioox.jpg

jimbob

uZozyBo.jpg
How's that lighter working for you? I ordered a few very similar looking ones off the dx website, I dont think they said xing on them though.

jimbob,

Unisonruss

I really like it, even more than my vector. I've achieved the perfect flame length, as it's easy to adjust, and it remains the same consistently (no fluctuation). Plus, the tank lasts a really long time.

jimbob

I really like it, even more than my vector. I've achieved the perfect flame length, as it's easy to adjust, and it remains the same consistently (no fluctuation). Plus, the tank lasts a really long time.
I'm glad to hear that. I think I went overboard and bought about 6 of them when I saw the amount of butane they could hold. Do you have any problems with the flame cutting out mid draw?

jimbob,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Hi
The same happened to me
It seems to come from overheat
Check that the torch flame is right on the center of the lotus flower when you heat it.
After few seconds of heating the lotus flower, try to raise and down the torch in order to stop increasing temperature and keep the good one ;)
Well, I don't think I was overheating, cuz I'm not getting much vapor. Using 1/2 flame too.

pigfoot,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Well, I don't think I was overheating, cuz I'm not getting much vapor. Using 1/2 flame too.
I know exactly what smell your talking about, I couldn't us my D020 with the Lotus early on bc it was so close and the smell was unpleasant to me. I don't know if it had to do with my torch being too powerful or improper flame technique. However once I got my Madelaine Fury I haven't had a problem bc the circumference of the flame is top notch for Lotus use and the flame adjustment is sooo easy! What pieces are you using with your Lotus cap? What lighter/s do you use?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I also have a new LOTUS and am learning how to use it effectively, and I am not there yet. ;) I have had no problem getting low temp vapor and it is quite tasty. But I haven't had as much success with hi temp vapor. After a couple sessions my plate hasn't changed color yet. I may be trying too hard not to combust.

The problem for me is I end up too high to keep experimenting. :) I suspect tonight I will get some color to my plate...

Snappo

Accessory Maker
is the lotus only for dry herb? or does it take concentrates?
I've used both oil and tincture saturated cotton (dried/evaporated) with great success! You can also sandwich a drop or two between pinches of grind. Hope you've got good lungs, because the clouds can be THICK!

Jman5280

so will shatter work with this? i currently use a omicron lite pen but was thinking of getting bong and putting this on it...would that work?

can i use this as a pipe w/ concentrates too?

Jman5280,
I also have a new LOTUS and am learning how to use it effectively, and I am not there yet. ;) I have had no problem getting low temp vapor and it is quite tasty. But I haven't had as much success with hi temp vapor. After a couple sessions my plate hasn't changed color yet. I may be trying too hard not to combust.

The problem for me is I end up too high to keep experimenting. :) I suspect tonight I will get some color to my plate...
Why do you want your plate to change color? Are you talking about the glowing red people are talking about? Just when lighting it try not to pull so fast through the stem/j hook. Or turn your lighter up. I don't think you want your plate to change color.

so will shatter work with this? i currently use a omicron lite pen but was thinking of getting bong and putting this on it...would that work?

Dude you can use it with anything with thc in it. But you won't be able to just load the concentrate in like a pen. You'll have to mix it with some herb or use cotton.

Snappo

Accessory Maker

I don't see why a little dab of shatter wouldn't work just as well as what I described above. Just flatten it out a bit, sandwich in herb or cotton. Pipe or bong, it's all good, IME.

Last edited:
Top Bottom