The Lotus Vaporizer

Baked55

I've tried adjusting the flame to every height and moving it closer and further away. Also tried following along with videos and tried drawing really lightly. The herb is also still green even if I hold the lighter right up against it for 2 min. It just seems like it's not getting past the cap

Baked55,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So is the lotus with WPA comparable to taking major hits from a pipe where you get the instant head rush.

When hit dry- it hits just as hard as any pipe, but the flavor is exponentially superior to combustion.

When hit through water- it is soooo cooled and smooth, that it is IMO no longer comparable to combustion and has a different feeling.

Forgot to mention the herb was 3/4 full just poured in not packed at all. And I have the newest version with the patent #. And now that you mention it the plate isn't glowing.

Slow down moving your torch, let it cook the plate for about 4 seconds and see if you start to see a red glow. Go to a shady room and watch. If you can't get red, something may be wrong.

Is your weed vaping at all? Is it the same? Is it combusting?

Baked55

Slow down moving your torch, let it cook the plate for about 4 seconds and see if you start to see a red glow. Go to a shady room and watch. If you can't get red, something may be wrong.

Is your weed vaping at all? Is it the same? Is it combusting?
Have tried holding it to the plate for 2+ min and nothing. And no it isn't vaping at all. It's still green.

Baked55,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I received my replacement torch from MT and it works flawlessly.
Nicely done @Max Jitter and crew (I assume.)

Now a short re-learning curve with the slightly larger Honest.
Only 1 scorched bowl so far, nothing too bad.

I subscribe to the "Less is More" philosophy. I prefer half bowl or less.

:smug:

Edit: Does the WPA take the same size screen as the regular stem? And if not can I still get some with a SASE?
I want to known all the fussing around with this little guy?
This new Torch is a real power unit!
My lighter may be prettier however the guy does not mess around!
WOW this thing hit's like smoking a joint!
@jambandphan03 posted the lighter and I ordered it and it arrived so fast.
Seriously this thing is 100x more powerful than any lighter I have owned. I will set up my big water pipe for the LOTUS!
VMQfFnA.jpg

Surprise, Surprise!
@Caligula you try the LOTUS? @Quetzalcoatl you?

Last edited:

herbivore21

@ataxian man you are so right, I find with my small 2 chamber bubbler that the vapor is separated just enough between the chambers that it is perfect to draw slowly like a joint (always my preferred way of combusting).

My E-Nano is fully back in action today, I can still always see a place for the Lotus though! One of the best buys I've made in a long time!

Loving the recycler/j hook setup man, I think that little bit of water would be ideal! I have found vaping dry is too harsh for me! Combusting is so much smoother than dry vaping (I can handle acrid tastes, man, you wouldn't believe the taste of some of the substances I have smoked in my years of youthful indiscretion!). I think the next step for vape development is to incorporate internal heat reduction systems a bit more. Titanium heatsinks sound like a potentially very useful place to start :D

I am glad to have the feeling that my Lotus will be the perfect backup piece, affordable, major clouds, great taste, quick warm up time.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian man you are so right, I find with my small 2 chamber bubbler that the vapor is separated just enough between the chambers that it is perfect to draw slowly like a joint (always my preferred way of combusting).

My E-Nano is fully back in action today, I can still always see a place for the Lotus though! One of the best buys I've made in a long time!

Loving the recycler/j hook setup man, I think that little bit of water would be ideal! I have found vaping dry is too harsh for me! Combusting is so much smoother than dry vaping (I can handle acrid tastes, man, you wouldn't believe the taste of some of the substances I have smoked in my years of youthful indiscretion!). I think the next step for vape development is to incorporate internal heat reduction systems a bit more. Titanium heatsinks sound like a potentially very useful place to start :D

I am glad to have the feeling that my Lotus will be the perfect backup piece, affordable, major clouds, great taste, quick warm up time.
The NANO and the LOTUS are so different from each other.

I want to say this:

The NANO is like a vintage wine.
The LOTUS is like a single malt whiskey!

I like both but at different times.

Both very good Vaporizer anyway!
I tried your shopping cart trick there, to no avail. Alas, that is what I am looking for!
Any info on when they're coming in ataxian?
I have a bunch of stuff coming this week. My Torch Lighter came today.
Goodness this LOTUS put me down even with this energy strain!

The LOTUS does not mess around!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Do you all think adding heatsinks to the aluminum stem would have any affect on vapor temperature? I did not realize how nice vaping through water was until I just tried it:D

Have tried holding it to the plate for 2+ min and nothing. And no it isn't vaping at all. It's still green.
It does not sound like yours is operating correctly. I would contact Mendo and explain, they are good people and helped me replace my hot plate under warranty.

Baked55

Ya thanks for the help. I plan on contacting Mendocino tomorrow about a new hot plate. Will keep posted.

Baked55,
Reactions: ataxian

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
I've tried adjusting the flame to every height and moving it closer and further away. Also tried following along with videos and tried drawing really lightly. The herb is also still green even if I hold the lighter right up against it for 2 min. It just seems like it's not getting past the cap

When you light the torch (you are using a torch right?, not a soft flame?) there is a bright tip 1/4-1/3 of the way back from the end of the visible flame. That is the hot point. Hold it on the center of the hot plate for 5 seconds in a dim room, if it doesn't glow something is wrong.
There is no way you should be able to hold it there for 2 minutes.

jojo0420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sorry to hear you are having trouble Baked55, not sure if anyone asked yet, but are you using dry/ground herb? How long is the flame you are using? Are you aiming dead center and keeping the torch focused there to create a red spot? It should take maybe 5-6 seconds to get the plate hot enough. You don't need the entire plate hot, just the very center.

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Baked55 - Is your lotus genuine and not the fake one? The tech is pretty easy. It all comes down to air flow and temp. If you can get a draw then something must be wrong with your plates. But you don't want to hold the lighter that close, either.

I have been getting big boy clouds with this thing since the get go. I definitely like the lotus better than my genies for ease of draw, but it seems like it can be a butane hog. But I love the convection effects...great vape sig!

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
The NANO and the LOTUS are so different from each other.

I want to say this:

The NANO is like a vintage wine.
The LOTUS is like a single malt whiskey!

I like both but at different times.

Both very good Vaporizer anyway!

I have a bunch of stuff coming this week. My Torch Lighter came today.
Goodness this LOTUS put me down even with this energy strain!

The LOTUS does not mess around!
Atax, lol! I think we are on the same groove! My E Nano is shipping out this week, my next VAPE is the Lotus! Need the Lotus, I may need it when I'm out and about! Love that it needs NO batteries and no charge!
Hello, my name is Claire, and I'm a vapoholic! Onward, through the fog....

Maine420,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Atax, lol! I think we are on the same groove! My E Nano is shipping out this week, my next VAPE is the Lotus! Need the Lotus, I may need it when I'm out and about! Love that it needs NO batteries and no charge!
Hello, my name is Claire, and I'm a vapoholic! Onward, through the fog....
The NANO is so small I love it.
The LOTUS kicked my ass today!
So powerful!

There both great vaporizers:

NANO____________________________________________________________LOTUS

Different!

I like your signature line: since 1972!

Before a surf movie ("winter of 1971") I smoked my first joint!
My hair was long and sun bleached!
Back in the day as they say!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The 70s.... My best decade!
1977 on the NORTH SHORE of OAHU!
nXehilZ.jpg

This Torch Lighter is the best I have ever used!

I know it's a bold statement however for $7 including shipment?

The LOTUS is super easy with this Lighter!
My lighter are for lighting joints not vapes!
Garbage can for them!

I just broke up my flowers with my fingers and load!
I wish I had one of these back in the day!

Last edited:

Baked55

It is the correct lighter the one that comes with it. And yes using dry ground herb. I believe it is an actual lotus and not the knock off. It has the small hex screws not sure what other differences between the two. I am thinking it is some kind of issues with the hot plate. Hoping Mendocino will help me out when I get a chance to call later.

natural farmer

It is the correct lighter the one that comes with it. And yes using dry ground herb. I believe it is an actual lotus and not the knock off. It has the small hex screws not sure what other differences between the two. I am thinking it is some kind of issues with the hot plate. Hoping Mendocino will help me out when I get a chance to call later.
Have you measured the flame length? The thick/bright part of it should be about the distance between the points of the Lotus flower on the hotplate. Easy way to keep it well adjusted. It is about 5/8 of an inch…
If your flame is right then after 6 secs of touching the point of this bright part of the flame at the center of the hotplate should give you some glow at the center.
Then you start drawing. If you can hear the air whistling through the intake holes of the hotplate then (try it without heating it first to get a good idea of the draw speed) you probably draw too hard. You should barely hear a whistle… At that point (when you start drawing) you should back off the flame a little bit. The point of the not so bright part of the flame should barely touch the hot plate. No need for circular motions of the lighter. Hit it dead center.

Now if your flame is right, the preheat is 4-6 secs and the draw is right, then something is very wrong with your unit. Give it another try first… :tup::cheers:

Meghan

Not saying this is analogous to your situation @Baked55, but...

A friend of mine bought a Lotus per my suggestion (after I showed her several different vapes). After she had it for a while (and after I'd heard about some mild success, but had to suggest cleaning the screen as a way to improve airflow when trouble was reported), she admitted to me that she was having all kinds of problems. She wasn't getting enough heat. The herb wasn't browning. No vapor. No real effects. She'd contacted MT, and was afraid there was something wrong with her hot plate. She asked me to meet up and take a look, and try to help.

We met up. I brought my Honest torch, just in case, but luckily she brought hers as well. I engaged her lighter. We were in her car, in the sun, but I was pretty sure I should've seen more flame. I had to cup my hand around it to see it. She had a low, low flame. I immediately turned the dial and cranked that sucker up. She told me that she was trying to follow the official instructions of a "half-inch flame". I told her no. Ignore that. I jacked the flame up to an inch or so and told her this would make things much, much easier for her. There is no reason to use a half-inch flame and I think that indication probably leads many people to frustration. I told her that I always use a bigger flame...you just have to make sure you start moving the torch as soon as you see a red spot (to which she said, "The plate doesn't turn red!") to prevent combustion.

Anyway, I loaded a fresh bowl (and advised her to only use 3/4 of a bowl, tops...for my test here I used not even half a bowl...and not to tamp it down at all) and applied her newly strengthened flame to the hot plate. Inhaled about 6-8 seconds. Exhaled a GIANT cloud of vapor into her backseat. Her jaw literally dropped. She said she'd never seen vapor like that come out of it before. I had her do a hit with the adjusted lighter and she went into a coughing fit, not having expected the difference.

Like I said, I'm not saying that this is your situation, Baked55. But for the benefit of others who are having trouble with their Lotus, I am going to say that this is a really simple device and I can't imagine there are many ways in which it genuinely malfunctions. There have been more than a few Lotus users who have struggled with technique initially (I'm looking at you, @ataxian) only to realize later that the vape wasn't the problem.

Whether this is a true defective unit or a matter of needing a better torch/flame or adjustment of draw/technique, I hope you're able work it out soon. I'm eager for you to experience the glory of the Lotus! I wish I could watch your technique...or better yet, give your Lotus a try...I can't imagine how in the world you could hold a flame (while drawing?!?) to the center of the plate for two minutes without achieving any heating of the herb...not with a decent-sized flame, at least!

axakal

i'm getting my vapolution repaired and the lotus is the next on the list to buy. the guys at vapolution invented something they call an infuser. you put your herbs in a glass cylinder and the vapor passes through it, covering the herbs with oil. now to my question, is the lotus likely to handle such infused herbs?

Top Bottom