The High Times buyer's guide to vaporizers

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Picked up the most recent issue of High Times today. It said on the cover that it contained a vaporizer buyers guide! Well, I was excited to see what the good folks at High Times thought were the best vapes on the market in 2011.
Does anyone else think this list is missing anything?
Here is what they list as their best suggestions if your looking to purchase a vape.
Dragon Vap
Easy Vape
Essential VAAAPP
Extreme Q
Hot Box
Iolite
Life Saber
Magic-Flight Launch Box
Silver Surfer
Vape-or-Smoke
Mini Vap
Vapir NO2
Vaporfection
Vapolution 2.0
and some e-cigs
they have a few great picks, but they give a horrible review to the mflb, which everyone here seems to love.
And they praise the Easy Vape as the greatest box/whip vape around. Not one mention of a log vape or a Vaporgenie. Both of which I thought should have made the list for sure.

Albert Hofmann,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
From what I've read on this site, numerous of those "top" vapes are expensive toys, not vaporizers. Perhaps we should be the ones submitting articles to their publication...

no ssv, buddha or vapor bros?
no volcano? I mean, c'mon, EVERYONE jocks the volcano's nuts.
both the iolite and the mflb, two extremely well-selling and reviewed products are in the middle of the list...

but yeah, the lack of vapor genie... I mean, if you look at numbers/amount of reviews online there are compared to the vaaaap and the genie... it's way over on the genie's favor.

ah well... at least we have this site where the vapors waft and the geniuses post haha.

wake n blake,
High Times is full of shit, and has been for a long time, this just seals it. I'm surprised the BC vape wasn't listed, they've had ads for that dinosaur in the back of the magazine for years and years. And the list is missing numerous heavy hitters, such as the 7th floor vapes, the Volcano, the Extreme Q which is actually very common in headshops, the Herbalaire and more.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

I stopped paying attention to them when they top rated the Vapezilla and the Vapir Oxygen Mini as the best vaporizers on the planet. That was awhile ago.................

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Thats a bunch of crap! I feel bad about that because I do believe HT puts out some good material, but this is just WRONG

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The unfortunate thing is that many people still feel this magazine is the "gospel" when it comes to getting high. We can only hope that some of the readers stumble upon FC if they further research the vapes on line.

momofthegoons,

weedemon

enthusiast
bah, i got excited to see what "main stream" media would have to say about vapes.

amazing the volcano isn't listed. seriously that's amazing.

also, where are the log vapes?

I would like to read the article and see what was said about the mflb also. :p

weedemon,

lwien

I haven't looked at an HT in years. How many of those listed vaporizer companies have ads in the mag?

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I'm very surprised and slightly satisfied to see no mention of the Volcano. But like most have already said, High Times is more novelty than anything.

This will hopefully expose more people to vaporizing which is a great thing IMO, even if the list is shit.

aesthyrian,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
The problem with mag and selling site reviews is its sponsor/vendor driven of review choices AND like any review being stated by an individual (or two or three) its a personal perspective.

Anyone who would make a purchase (of anything really) based on a single review is most likely to be dissatisfied without doing their own further personal research. Isn't that what the internet is all about ?

smokum,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:( What a crock!!! I can only hope people reading and considering vapes will stumble upon this forum. Bad review of the LB...what the hell they vaping??? Almost everyone I let try the LB buys one! No SSV, DB... yup...a crock of shit!

Lo,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Read that list again, silver surfer is on it, as well as the LSV.

And no Iwien, it's a different one than that. Although that is one awesome looking piece of garbage!

Albert Hofmann,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol... Damn, now I'd really like to see the actual article. Might have to buy a copy ;)

Lo,

hereatlast

^^^ nope. HighTimes isn't worth it to me to buy at all. IME, every few issues there is an article worth reading, and that's why they put coffee-shops in those book stores. :cool:

This list is completely IN character for the publication IMO. Now, I will say that I have great hopes for the continuation of the High Times medicinal marijuana mag, THAT has exhibited a much higher level of journalism in its few initial issues than its parent and is just plain more interesting to read IMO.

hereatlast,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So what publications (in print) would you guys recommed?
I guess the in-print part isn't that important... I don't know of many herb-focused magazines.
I did see one a few years ago that was like a high times and playboy combined... The name escapes me, though.

wake n blake,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Cannabis Culture was great and still is, they just no longer print a paper magazine. It is all online. Some of those back issues are great though, everything from hash making, to a rundown of all the members of the house of representatives and how they rate according to how pot friendly they are. A great activist magazine with plenty of how to's on how to run a cannabis dispensary to how to set up a marijuana smokeout type event.

I love my CC back issues and need to get more.

aesthyrian,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
I haven't looked at an HT in years. How many of those listed vaporizer companies have ads in the mag?

I was going to say exactly that. Excuse my french but High Times is a bunch of bull dingy. Remember when National Lampoon used to be funny? Once they had something they were parodying with fake glowing reviews, one attributed to a publication called "Reviews for a Dollar."

jeffp,

Qbit

cannabanana
Albert Hofmann said:
And no Iwien, it's a different one than that. Although that is one awesome looking piece of garbage!

Yeah, it's like Budweiser in a St Germain bottle.

Qbit,

Nycdeisel

Cannabis Culture was Great! Online only now.
Treating Yourself, a canadian medical cannabis publication, is also very good. And you can find these on the magazine racks

SmokingElectricity

I see this as a good thing as it brings more attention and revenue to the vaporizer industry and possibly making the vapes well know and love better. It seams they took some of the best ones in their price points. It's not a horrible list. Did they take take a bribe from the vape companies to add their's to the list? Maybe.

As for the MFLB I bet the guy didn't know how to operate it or even bother trying to learn. It takes a little bit of time and effort to get your technique down right.

Log vapes. They are only really known in the US. I know the 2 top "log" vape manufacturers do not ship outside the country. So it can be hard to advertise something in a worldwide publication that's not avalible worldwide. I also know they wouldn't pay HT to get in the mag either. That's not how they operate and I like that. Each one is a handcrafted piece of art made specifically for it's owner. You can't mass produce this because it wouldn't be the same.

That very list could bring new FC members. Looking for the truth. ;)

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom