The HI

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hope you enjoy the (LONG) read. Its worth it... trust me. mom, I don't want any lectures.

Well, tonight was an adventure! In more ways than one. However, I left... after knocking (6) twenty-something's into the next stratosphere. I even included AWESOME theatrics (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Buddy that hooked me up this afternoon, told me to stop by around 9pm, after he and his twin brother, got off work. I get over there and at first I only see the brothers, a friend I don't know and no roommate. I had come prepared...

Tonight, it wasn't going to be a small/medium vapor piece and a MFLB, which they do typically light up for, upon its arrival. Nope, tonight was THE BDV Megatube and HIsaber Sumac! Jose, the roommate showed up shortly. He seems to have a nose, when free herb is around. Dude is a vaccum cleaner around a bong. Plus, he does this damn cheater hit (blows out and inhales thru his nose) on the pull... just annoys the shit out of me. He's also a know-it-all. He was firing off all these other vapes, asking me if I knew about them... I guffawed and said, none of them, will hit him upside the head, like the combo I brought tonight. He tried to even act unimpressed with THE BDV Megatube. LOL! Even low-balled its value. Don't worry, everyone in the room, drooling... knew he was nuts.

Plug in HIsaber Sumac, buddy donates some Strawberry Master, to the JedHI cause. Wait the 5 minutes. Load one up for the mooch... and hardly nuthin'. WTF!? I feel the HI. Its slightly warm. First I panicked though.... @#$%! I broke my HI! Second thought, "hey dude... you have power issues here?" Sure enough, half the sockets don't work and not a good idea to plug into the top one. Great... :\ So, I plug into a different socket and can immediately feel HIsaber Sumac warming up. Whew!

Get the mooch loaded up and ready to go. Unfortunately, he acts like he's trying to suck a watermelon through a water hose. 4 consecutive times. I exclaim... "Let me see that!" BDV's going to show them how its DONE! (this is where it gets good).

Quick update: About this time, (2) new friends, I didn't know (Justin and Drew: current and/or ex-gang bangers + ex-cons), basically 2 badasses show up. They start to make their way, towards the dining room, where we were... when I rocked the party into HIGH GEAR!

I stand up (mistake #1). I notice I'm feeling a little low on the BP (mistake #2 - not heading observation). Grab hold of THE BDV, HIsaber Sumac feels warm in my hands, ready to go! Apply, start the good steady draw off the beast. Really cloud that @#$%er up, ya know? Then WHOOOOOOSH! I clear, like only I know how to do, with THE BDV. A quick, hard, short pull... and grab hold of something (mistake #3... I didn't grab hold of anything). Next, I vaguely remember Justin and Drew drawing closer. I set THE BDV down (first right thing I did). I held the pull, I was fighting the cough (HUGE HIT). Next thing I know... I'm looking at lots of feet.

Why am I looking at feet and who the @#$% keeps saying, "John... are you OK!?" Then, I realize those feet are on the floor... so am I. Where the @#$% am I, what just hit me and damn it felt good! Let's do it again!

Meanwhile, Justin and Drew have turned around. One, they think the white dude has suddenly died. Two, as Drew said... "Whatever the @#$% that is, I don't want anything to do with it!" (Sidenote: Later he was hitting top shelf kief covered X Blue Dream (never heard of it) rips off THE BDV.)

I arose. Cleared the cobwebs and started to laugh. I knew the reality of what happened. It was syncope. My low BP, with the BIG vapor hit, followed by a huge/fast intake of air, is a good way to help a little head rush... turn into lights out, hello floor, in my reality. I'd rather it was low, than the alternative. But, it took a while to convince them, it was me... not the herb, tube, or HIsaber Sumac (though it does bite).

When I got there, they had their cheap tobacco store straight tube. Loaded with a top shelf bowl. Later, Wilfred showed up (another tough guy, gang banger). Justin had shown up, because he wanted EVERYONE to try his odd but potent Blue Dream strain and the $20 of top shelf kief he bought... stuff was some of the finest grind, crystal-laden, sparkly kief, I've seen. By the time, I was packing up to go. That same fresh load, in that dirty and nasty combustion tube, was still sitting there. Never been touched... and EVERYONE except Chris (who rarely indulges) was beyond blasted. Each kept commenting on how clean it was. I almost had to go to pick-a-number, because everyone would decide they wanted another pull, at the same time. Some, having had more than others. Though, all were satisfied, by the time I left. Plus, I made 3 new friends.

They also thought it was hilarious when their suspicion, the white guy was packing... was confirmed. As Drew said... "Man, I don't blame you. Its your equalizer." Yep, Drew... it is. Plus, Chris and Gary don't live in the best of neighborhoods (considering I was partying with 2 ex-cons and another probable). Though, I wasn't worried about them. Gary and Chris are good people. If they're friends of theirs... its good enough for me. Obviously, for them to. We all got along great.

P.S. How much credit do I get on my JedHI training/experience tonight and my Padawan label? Remember and consider... I DESTROYED (6) combusters, who then proceeded to ignore their lighters and dirty bongs.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm sorry bro, it was a good story, but you went down hard excuses or not, so no points yet :p

That's a gorgeous looking tube Alan, I bet you could make that in to a GonG version easily too. Or would that nipple just fit in my GonG stem already just like your SS nipple? & is the poly you mention the same stuff Rick uses for his stems? If so does that come in 18mm OD as well perhaps?

Bwade, I tried both ends of the SS nipple but much prefer the shorter end.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BOO!

znaika.gif

I vaped out/destroyed 6 combusters, who were seconds from grabbing the nasty bong, before I found a good outlet for HIsaber Sumac. They ignored a fresh pack bowl of top shelf, the entire night... the place even cleared out before I left and no one, touched it. The HI and my deft touch controlling it for them, drew a line of guys waiting to hit it.

Plus... I survived the fall, took it in stride and still convinced them, it wouldn't bite. My syncope, doesn't need a vapor rip to hit. Reason I use a cane, is because of the nasty spill (syncope also) I took outside the VA, stone cold sober.

You will force me to lodge complaint with the JedHI council.
yoda.gif

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I told them, they had a @#$%ing AWESOME story, they'll be telling 25 years from now. "Dude, this guy's rig hit so hard, it knocked him the @#$% out!"

I almost got one of the other guys. He looked like one of those cartoon characters with the puffed up, huge cheeks, bright red face. Ears sticking out. That was a good hit.

EDIT: I've made the HI, LEGENDARY! :p

EDIT II: And I did ALL this, with less herb, than a single one of them would have smoked, by themselves.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh cool, I don't have one of those yet. I always thought it was a silicon-like material from the pictures. My question if they come in 18mm as well still stands though :)

I feel the tube is to long on the longer side of the nipple. If I fill it only the herbs at the top get vaporized (&yes, it's really restricting the draw then point too), & if you only fill it half, well, what's the point in that? ;)

These tubes are to narrow for stirring imo, so I don't see a point in leaving room to stir, I just dump & reload to do that. I guess I just don't see a point in having a longer nipple the way I use it. Well, perhaps a few mm longer then the short end so the shorter end can be a little shorter even, but I have no use for the length it has atm.

I'm curious how you use it though, since I obviously failed to make it work myself.

OhTheAgony,
I told them, they had a @#$%ing AWESOME story, they'll be telling 25 years from now. "Dude, this guy's rig hit so hard, it knocked him the @#$% out!"

I almost got one of the other guys. He looked like one of those cartoon characters with the puffed up, huge cheeks, bright red face. Ears sticking out. That was a good hit.

EDIT: I've made the HI, LEGENDARY! :p

EDIT II: And I did ALL this, with less herb, than a single one of them would have smoked, by themselves.

can you do a video of the HI with your SSFG pieces?

kingofnull,

u bwade wunner

Hey OTA .

I think Alan or Mom or even Vito are the roasting experts and might explain the roasting method best.If they have a moment.... I know they're all busy.I don t feel qualified.All i Can say is its not to be rushed.Its to be savoured.thats what I ve been told by Mom:cool:.It sure is an important method though easy to get it wrong and tricky to get it right.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BVD,,,,the HI was already legendary,,,,,,that's why you wanted it.....Can you repeat those stories? :rockon:

Yes, I agree.... amongst our vapor community. These were guys that hadn't any idea what it was. They kept picking it up, wondering how the Hell, was this big tootsie roll thing, knocking 200+ pound ex-cons on their asses.

When a forty-something disabled, cane carrying old-fart shows up at a get-together of some pretty hardcore guys and leaves, to warm, heartfelt, new friend handshakes. Every one of them with a silly HIsaber grin...

That's LEGENDARY.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
can you do a video of the HI with your SSFG pieces?

Ask and you shall receive. Uploading right now. I'll tell the story behind the video (always have a story)... once its up and ready to go. Oh, I didn't do the 3pc... I set it up like yours.

BVD, you should stop hanging out with those light weights :lol: . being 200+lbs ex-con doesn't automatically make them bad asses and forty something isn't even close to old yet :D .
this is a bad ass right here:

LOL! I was telling those guys about this. Oh, trust me bOObs... c'mon. Do you really think I went there and wasn't talking shit? Those guys, by the time they left... I knew, they respected me as a person and knew I was someone "safe" to be around. I even told all of them, what to do and how to show paramedics what to look for on my phone (whichever ones, didn't run if the old white boy croaked)... amazingly... I had all their attention. Every one of them, was nodding and listening. It was a cool feeling.

Yeah, I told them to look up iron lungs on Youtube!

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Awesome, thanks BDV. This is at the top of my list. Either the HI or the UD - the EQ is just too big for my daily use vs. the SSFG Travel beaker.

I will say this. I had not tried it, in your config (why would I? I love the inline). But, it can still handle it and still RIP the @#$% @#$$%&^@ @#$&$< out of unmedicated in a heartbeat. I did 2 takes and I am VAKED!

BigDaddyVapor,
I will say this. I had not tried it, in your config (why would I? I love the inline). But, it can still handle it and still RIP the @#$% @#$$%&^@ @#$&$< out of unmedicated in a heartbeat. I did 2 takes and I am VAKED!

I think with vaping the inline is more about aesthetics. Allison was saying Ray was looking into making a mini (smaller than the small). If and when that happens, I will pick one up. I'm definitely jealous of yours.

I'm excited for your HI video.

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
DON'T LAUGH!

I present to you... HIsaber (Heat Island) Sumac Vaporizer meets SSFG (Soulshine Family Glass) Travel Beaker - UNEDITED AND RAW!

(Remember to blow it up full screen HD)

DON'T LAUGH!

I hold my pinky like that on the tube, because it gives me good feedback on the pull. I can tell by the temp right there. I'm sure some vapor noobs will say I combusted. No, that tiny little bit, is deep dark and brown. It met a proud end to its vaporizerable (new word) life. I know every JedHI and Padawan knows that color.

bahahaha that is the funniest thing I've seen all week! Damn that must have been a big hit BDV! Shit, in 3D too? I've gotten find some 3D glasses. Doesn't look like that cloud was smoke at all. Great video, thank you.

I can't believe how big that cloud is compared to how much flowers used. It looks like there's at least one more good hit in there, maybe a third whispy one too.

kingofnull,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
no combustion there. if you are having problems combusting like i was, the nipple stem ends that problem.

stickstones,
Reactions: TV

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
bahahaha that is the funniest thing I've seen all week! Damn that must have been a big hit BDV! Shit, in 3D too? I've gotten find some 3D glasses. Doesn't look like that cloud was smoke at all. Great video, thank you.

Damnit... I said, don't laugh. :cool:

I can't believe how big that cloud is compared to how much flowers used. It looks like there's at least one more good hit in there, maybe a third whispy one too.

The camera only caught about half the cloud, because it was expelled faster than I'd like to. Yeah, there's exactly that much left. I loaded a little light on this one. Earlier this morning, during my odd awake/sleep schedule. I was packing them and getting 4 good hits off it. Nothing like that hit... but nice maintenance pulls. Now that I've got the grind right... wow. I can't see having a desire for more vapes, in the near future... other than a walnut MFLB and a walnut HI.

As I said about last night. I got seven of us, vaked out of our minds, with LESS than a single person would have smoked, in the same atmosphere/setting.

no combustion there. if you are having problems combusting like i was, the nipple stem ends that problem.

I was having combustion problems earlier, because of my grind. Watched several videos on the HI (thank you, bOObs) and noticed it looked like a grind, I would get with an old grinder (I hated), stored away in the closet. Sure enough... perfect grind. Makes a BIG difference.

Can't wait to get my vvps. It should be here, this week, I hope. Its only coming from Washington.

BigDaddyVapor,
Damnit... I said, don't laugh. :cool:

I really couldn't help it. I wasn't laughing at you, I was most definitely laughing with you.

So your grind is fairly coarse? I'm guessing when you say "old style" grinder, you mean just a regular teeth spinning grinder?

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I really couldn't help it. I wasn't laughing at you, I was most definitely laughing with you.

So your grind is fairly coarse? I'm guessing when you say "old style" grinder, you mean just a regular teeth spinning grinder?

Yeah, its just a crappy 2" 2pc Sharpstone, clear lid, glued in teeth (though, its pretty tough). Its not a good grind for the MFLB, at all. No matter how much I turn it. Even with my OCD 20 clockwise, 20 counter-clockwise turns... its still a pretty light, fluffy grind. But that grind allows for that perfect, no drag hit in the HI. The airflow thru the HI and the glass tube, with the right grind is flawless, imo.

BigDaddyVapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Congrats on your good fortune BDV, another 'right place/right time' story on FC! I agree on the coarser grind, I use a good old Puffitup 4 piece. Best grinder for < $20 I've found. I like the 4 piece so I can always have a nice kif hit when I want, it's especially handy for dry times!!!!

<edit> Forgot to say how much I liked the last vid, perfect holdin-it-in sounds!!!!:science:

Top Bottom