The HI

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i got problems
p6065104.jpg

Tom

What sort of options are available for a vxc style hydratube for the HI? I remember someone talking about the aqua vape (forget who posted it... b00bs?) but it just seems too small... and pricey at $60. Are there any adapters that could fit the actual hydratube to the HI?

This is the aqua vape Im reffering to
aquavape.jpg

Tom,
Ah damnit Alan I always make myself sound like a Hi guy in our emails! Can anyone school me in how I'll be using the nipple adapter? Where is the silicone in the rig? I was under the misconception the nip fit into the turbo tube without any other silicone fitting? I know how fragile these glass tips are because I've broken a bunch in the past

biojuggernaut,

zmurder

What sort of options are available for a vxc style hydratube for the HI? I remember someone talking about the aqua vape (forget who posted it... b00bs?) but it just seems too small... and pricey at $60. Are there any adapters that could fit the actual hydratube to the HI?

Rick's Zapubler -- http://aromazap.com/stems/upright-glass-bubbler/zap-ubler -- should work. It comes with a mini plastic gong (pong?) stem with a tip that should fit inside the HI heater. I don't have the Zapubler yet, but it terminates in a 14mm female gong so is like a mini hydratube.

zmurder,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
turbotubeglassnipple.jpg

Here is a photo of the glass nipple inserted into the turbo tube. The glass is 10mm and the silicone in 3/8" ID. The screen between the two pieces of glass is 3/8" hammered to 10mm diameter.

There are a couple of tricks to reduce the chance of breaking the glass as the 10mm glass is breakable.
Always use water when sliding glass and silicone together or apart. A thumbnail is effective in working the water between the silicone and glass. The glass slides very easily when wet.
The glass nipple is the last thing to install and the last thing to remove from the silicone sleeve.

Roasting material is drawn into the nipple like a straw and blown out when the roast is complete. The tube end just mates up to the end of the HI center tube like a spherical joint. Temperature is controlled by tilting the tube and allowing some room air to mix in.
The outside (approx. 1/2") diameter of the silicone sleeve fits perfectly into a 14mm gong joint.
The silicone sleeve/nipple can also fit onto a wood or poly mouthpiece.
A second nipple can be installed rather than the mouthpiece for a very short roasting tube. Lots of different options and variations possible.

The 10mm glass tube is more like a glass cigarette where the 14mm glass roasting tube is more like a glass cigar.

I consider the HI more like a lighter Tom. It just provides hot air. The roasting tube has more of an influence on how well it is roasted. The roasting tubes seem to work the best in the upright or horizontal positions. I do believe that Gonzo was able to add a second screen to his all glass roasting tube and then he could use it with a zap bubbler which would be pretty much the same as a hydra tube w/ 14mm adapter. The nice thing of the all glass roasting tube is that it can be used on any conventional glassware with a 14mm gong joint. That glassware that was only used for combustion can now be used for vaporizing. The HI will also accept the 5/16" stainless steel tips that fit in the Toasty Top, and CRZ.

ilovebOObs

This is the aqua vape Im reffering to
aquavape.jpg

if you want something special try hitting up glasstafarianin the evolver glass thread in the glass section. he can make you a custom ht if you ask nicely enough :).

u bwade wunner

planetvape are releasing a hydratube soon.Pictures are due soon.last mention of it here from them..because of how easy it is to knock over these tubes .I d probably go with a big phat 100mm based bubbler with a diffuser perc or showerhead.This fits the bill,made by Toro too and stacks like a mofo.Less chance of it tipping over especially when you have friends like mine:lol: .if you do go with PV d ont forget the discount for FC.They have shipped to me here in Australia.They are legends.

but if youre set on a tube.the zap bubbler can be bought with a base or have a look at these guys at deadfoot,they make a nice stand for the cloud hydratube..also boobsmeister has been whitewalling his hydratube with anything thats within fondling distance:D if you do go with the cloud tube .I think its 18mm so you ll need a reducer to make it work.The hi adapts easier with 14mm glass.

personally Im gonna have to get me a zap bubbler.I think it will be a collecters item and looks so cool with the curves of alans toasty top .a marraige made in heaven.best of luck with your e research Tom.

for the main feature heres the man with a zap bub and alans famous toasty top in action.

hit it Vitolo.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
HI all - I've been wandering HI-Town in a daze as I get to know my new HI. As bOObs once eloquently wrote: "Holy fuck balls, I'm high!"

As you'd suspect, my attendance here may be sparse until I return from the other galaxy. Will post pictures of my experiences. Until then... :freak:

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

HI all - I've been wandering HI-Town in a daze as I get to know my new HI. As bOObs once eloquently wrote: "Holy fuck balls, I'm high!"

As you'd suspect, my attendance here may be sparse until I return from the other galaxy. Will post pictures of my experiences. Until then... :freak:

may take away for your return. personally i can sit at my desk and rip the HI all day :D so smooth and tasty.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Here's a vid of my HI and my bass. Both are custom made just for me--each truly one of a kind (bass is roughly 12 years old). I showed Alan some pictures of my bass just because I knew he'd appreciate the fine work, and as I noted before, he took the liberty of making a HI to match. Silly, Alan--he was worried he wouldn't do my bass justice. As you can see, Alan did a most excellent job, don't you agree?

u bwade wunner

that bass is a work of art Vaping hole.I played bass for a band in my teens.My favourite players are john entwhistle Flea and that dude out of Muse who smokes a pipe.all you need now is a mic stand attachment for youre HI.Funk out Brother:nod:.oh meant to say.you might disappear for a few days.I think everyone here pretty much disappeared for a honeymoon with their HI.It hits so good,you go walkabout for a while.

edit Damn Vaping hole just seeing that thing has funked me right out.Gotta go get me some george clinton going in ma place.shuffle ma shells mama.out of sight!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Gotta go get me some george clinton going in ma place.shuffle ma shells mama.out of sight!
Oh! He's about to get all funked up! "You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of rhythm going round!" :lol:

You know what; Jeppy's not the only one who likes to post music...

Beautiful guitar and Hi Vapinghole. Really nice.

Top Bottom