The HI

PDwasmy1st

There was a thread about variable power supplies somewhere in FC, search for it, maybe you'll find your answer there.[/quote]

Ok thanks for your help Vorrange

PDwasmy1st,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
All the information you need to know about your HI lies within the JedHI thread. I have been getting wonderful vapor today via direct draw with my nylon SS tube at 10.6 volts with this variable voltage power source

Ahh yes Jeppy...a Tattooine variable voltage power unit. The choice of fine droids everywhere.

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Terrible incident mvapes, I am quite sorry. I am also a little scared, for your wife's sake! :lol:
Remember my Young Padawan, that even when without your HIsaber, you can still channel & utilize the force. Similar to a Jedi losing his Lightsaber, his understanding of the force is not lost with it. The Force is contained within the jedHI. I am sending positive vibes your way, while Alan sends your GonG Adapter. :nod: :smug: :tinfoil:

GratefulVapor,
Reactions: mvapes

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
NOOOOO! My wife broke my 14mm Gong Adpater!

For tonight, I am hi-less and quite frankly I am a little scared. But for the next few hours I will yield my trusty solo as I await my next package from Alan!

FYI - as for my wife....
Those roasting tubes don't come cheap and are for JedHI's only. Lol

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
mvapes, don't feel like the lone JedHI, I've broke 2 so far. One has a 1/4 inch hairline crack which has never ran. The other I just flat out dropped from out of a towel I was using to clean it. It consequently broke in half jaggedly, however I can use it with a piece of silicone when times get rough. If you plan on using the solid glass I recommend getting 2.

u bwade wunner

NOOOOO! My wife broke my 14mm Gong Adpater!

nothing wrong with a wong

Contact the JedHi Master RE : or........

Make an Emergency silicone Gong/drystem to see You through.Look back into Your e SSV or EQ leftovers for some silicone Hose.Stick the end of the silicone either in a stock 14/18 adapter for 18mm or down the neck of your e 14mm piece and then JedHi Mvapes, You will become JedHi MGuyver and will wield Youre blade once again.
When all hope has faded, When the future looks dark, You will always be able to summon the Force and use your e Hi saber.

You should look out for one of these:tup:

Emergency JedHi satchel
Containing:
14/18 glass adapter.
some silicone hose & 3/8 screens.
a spare power element from the Master JedHi.
a spare power pack.

Only then will You be prepared for the dark side on the force.

I wish you well Young JedHi and Remember the force will be with You always.....

Oh yes and who put that solo in youre avatar god damn It :goon: :rant: :lol:

PDwasmy1st Youre power supplies may be constantly blowing because of an internal short in Your'e PD.Join the rebel alliance and Go HI

u bwade wunner

Are the a bitch to clean, glass is just so easy!
they are a cinch to clean.My wood very rarely gets cleaned.Just poke a dowl through and its good.The screen pops in and out easily too if needs be for cleaning.

I would ask Alan for the same config as youre glass gong.I.E.a bowl that slips over the HI heat port.Holds a little bit more than the 5/16 tip wong which fits inside the heat port.

One other thing alans wood stems mate directly with a 14/18 adapter.He was kind enough to make a few bowls for my stems/wongs from 7/16 Stainless because I broke two glass ones almost straight away:doh::lol:
I never have to worry now about breakages.
extra stems/gongs are good when you have a few different strains.You can jump onto a strain for its effects without any delay.

P.S. Youre finger pics crack me and my wife up:p

hipod.jpg

This piece is really beautiful in person. So much character. What I think sets this apart is that you actually get to see the SS core through the holes in the Pod. Truly unique. Also got to see the Master JedHi work on some newer pieces of glass tubes. With the quantity and quality of stems available, the Master JedHi could probably just crank those out and be a very busy man for a long time, but let's hope that never happens.:goon: One last thought - the vapor lung is a bulldozer. It delivers cool and flavorful vapor so efficiently.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
mvapes - Glad you are enjoying your HI. It is a whole lot of heat in a little tiny size. Sorry to hear about your GonG tube. The Turbo Tube should hold you over until I can get some more tubes to you. I just use a cotton swab and alcohol to clean out the tube. It will never be as clean as glass, but it won't break as easily either. The alcohol won't hurt the wood. It sort of builds character after a while. The bowl doesn't get burned out like a wood smoking pipe. If you use drinking alcohol, you can use the cotton for "Swabbing" (thanks ShipDit) in your roasting tube to re-volatilize the oil.
Love the finger art.

OTA - Thanks for the feedback on the dimmer switches. Still need to find something that is limited to 12 volts and has a voltage display. Have been experimenting with some organic coconut oil and cosmetic grade beeswax for a wonderful lip balm that also works great on wood. Coconut oil is one of the oils that is food safe for wood.

Thanks GratefulVapor

Jam - Glad to hear you are still getting great performance and milky hits from your HI. May the force be with you.

u bwade wunner - Thanks for helping your fellow JedHI on the roasting tube tips.

Speaking of roasting tubes. slowandsteady stopped by yesterday just in time to see me attempt an 18mm GonG tube. Always fun to show you my new stuff when you visit.
They are essentially a 14mm tube fused to a 18mm fitting. I had to make / modify graphite holders so I could do it on a regular lathe. It normally takes a glass lathe to fuse tubes.
They work exactly the same as the 14mm GonG tubes. I will have to work on my technique a bit more, but it does work exactly as I had planned.

18mm14mmgongtubes.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
^^^Those look great Alan!^^^

I am honing my skills with my Hi Saber and the turbo stem. I am very much loving this experience and have decided to move forward with a WonG. Based on what I've read it looks like it may pack a bigger load which I like. We gotta shake this thread up a liitle - the Hi should always be at the TOP!

Come on people - let's get Hi!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'll be sending my HI back to Alan this week to get it's jiggly bits tightened. I can't wait to get it back into action again. I think I'll probably be getting myself another glass GonG tube while I'm at it. All this talk about breaking them has me nervous....:uhoh:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
mom - Will be happy to get the core replaced in your HI. That may be one of the last 2 part cores out there to be replaced. If the feel of silicone didn't bother you, I could always make a silicone sleeve for your glass roasting tube for added protection.

mvapes - Glad to hear the HI is still ripping you.

Rrose - You are welcome. Nice to hear you made it through the entire thread. It has been an interesting couple of years. So many interesting discoveries. So many more yet to discover.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:D Thanks Alan. I was just figuring out which box to use to send it.

You know how I feel about silicone.... :cool: I have huge tactile issues with it. Plus my meds stick to it. Can't be wasteful...! :freak:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I notice in my Hi that my ABV turns into somewhat of a cake, almost difficult to stir. Not difficult enough to bother me but I was just wondering why that is...

So I have had my Hi for about a week and have been judging it carefully to my cloud. In my book, if the cloud is a 10 then I would score the Hi at 9.8.

The only thing that gives the edge to the cloud was that glass air path. It truly offers a remarkable, and IMO an unparalleled flavor. I also was going to take load size into consideration but from what my JedHi team has been telling me, that will probably change once I get my Wong!

Alan, you've created something special here. I'm a bit anal (giggidy)when it comes to my toys and I have literally looked at every aspect of the Hi and I'm marveled by your craftsmanship. You took every detail into consideration and solved any issues I've ever had with my logs (giggidy). I will hopefully have a Hi in every room of my house eventually.

Thanks Alan....

Now, with that being said - I'm home and my Hi is paging me....

Top Bottom