The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
BDV - Thanks for the video. The beast is always hungry and ready for more. Glad the HI can keep it fed.

ubw - Those are great looking tubes. The wood turning bug is quite contagious. It feels very good to create it yourself. Are you going to use the 5/16" roasting tips or maybe some 7/16" roasting tips? Will be interested to see how your WonG tubes turn out. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ed. Glad you like them and that your HI is still treating you well. Have you added half a cotton ball to you copper aroma cup to prevent spills into the HI? All my copper cups will be supplied with cotton now.

mom - Thanks. Maybe I should offer a Vapor Toy kit where you get a bunch of different glass, stainless, and silicone parts that can be assembled for different roasting tube combinations.

jam - You are welcome. Good to hear you have caught the bug too. It can be very rewarding. A nice feeling to be using a tube you created yourself and others can also enjoy your creations. You will probably inspire more wood turners too. Glad to hear your HI is still rocking strong. Hope it will continue to serve you well.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh! You did want a video!? Imagine my surprise? Though, you've probably watched it by now, in the Leviathan thread. LOL!

Anyway. The HI doesn't make an appearance, but its the fuel for the beast. FEED THE BEAST!

HD 1080 full-screen... its worth it!
Silly boy.... if you look, your HI makes an appearance at about 0:41 :p

Love that slow mo..... and I could feel that hit from here.... :lol:

"Reeling with the feeling don't stop continue"

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks Ed. Glad you like them and that your HI is still treating you well. Have you added half a cotton ball to you copper aroma cup to prevent spills into the HI? All my copper cups will be supplied with cotton now.

This is a great idea, I will do so. Have had a problem with spillage a couple times here and there but all is well. Thanks for the tip Alan!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Alan

u bwade wunner

Good job Ubwade, nice to see your work!
Thanks Ed.You are a great asset to FC.You re work blows me away.Its Da Bomb!

I would always marvel at how the wood grain pops when you apply a little finish
Wax on wax off Mom:tup:
I'll bite.....
careful BDV:haw:

I am eagerly awaiting my lathe to show up! :D
can t wait to see how you go Jamb.I hope you have lots of fun.:cool:

Are you going to use the 5/16" roasting tips or maybe some 7/16" roasting tips? Will be interested to see how your WonG tubes turn out

5/16 stems so far Alan.I have a large glass stemI use sometimes with a cloud elb ,but i love the little SS tip so much though,i keep coming back to it.
I made an 18mm wong and an olivewood stem today.I will post a pic tommorrow.

Working with wood,Its so addictive.I forget to eat smoke ,in fact I forget to do everything while I m in my shed.I remember speaking to you and we spoke about Balance.its a word that keeps popping up :tup:

Qbit

cannabanana
HI noob here. I can't seem to find a website for this unit. Is there one? And if not, where do you order them from?

Qbit,

u bwade wunner

where do you order them from?
Hey Qbit Welcome .

Alan the Hi-Guru can be contacted via alan@toasty-top.com.

All the design info and contact details are in his first post here.

Pls be aware though the waiting time is long.10-12months approx.

it doesn t cost anything to get in line to own one and you can change your'e mind later on if you wish to.
Best of luck.Get in the line.its a solid heavy hitter and you wont be sorry:tup:

here is the latest pic i promised of some vapor tubes Ive been spinning complete with the old brass 5/16 tips.I wont be using Brass at all once my SS tubes arrive any day now.the tips fitted are just to show orientation.the top stem was made by Alan.the others have been great fun to make,although time consuming :lol:

20130312214605.jpg

from the top:

the Heat island redheart stem.this is an Alan original that comes as an extra with your e Hi and came packed with my Redheart Hi Jess on the 21 Feb 2012.It has a custom SS bowl fitted that Alan made specially after the original glass bowl broke.Its the same size and capacity as the glass gong bowl but is unbreakable.

Cocobolo tube 14mm Wong and 5/16 roasting tip

Tigerwood ebony tube 14mm Wong 5/16 tip

olivewood from bethlehem tube 14mm wong 5/16 tip

Cocobolo 18mm Wong waterpipe adapter fitted with Alans orig. 2 piece 5/16 SS tip

These are all for the Hi but will fit the CRZ too.

:tup:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Welcome Qbit. Hope to hear from you and I can cut that wait time way down.

ubw - Those are some fine looking wooden tubes. You are getting quite a collection. I must try olive wood sometime. So many beautiful woods are available/affordable in that smaller size.

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Is there a wait period for this vape? How much is it, and where can I order from?

Deadhead101,

HoneyAir

We're all waiting for Alan to have good news about moving into a new place. It is only then that he can unpack his stuff and work on creating these vapes again. I believe the delay is in being able to sell his place before he can move into a new place?

HoneyAir,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Deadhead101 - Send me an email and I will get you on the list. The unit without a power supply is $135. Exotic wood will be more depending upon its availability. Generally it will only be $10 more. I'm hoping the wait time will come down very soon but I still have lots of work to do.

HoneyAir - Thanks for wait so patiently.

I do have some good news to announce. I finally sold my house this week. Now comes the challenge of finding a suitable place to live in Colorado. Denver is my preference but we will see what happens. The sooner I find a place and get moved, the sooner the HI's will start flowing.
If anyone has any leads or suggestions, it will help reduce the wait time.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Nederland is really nice place to be... just up the canyon from boulder. If you can't live there, definitely visit.

jambandphan03,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I will be sure to check out Nederland Jam. Thanks.

Is the OP accurate? Do these cost $140? Just wondering.

The style shown (without the roasting tube) on the first post is $140 with power supply. The plug end of the power supply is right angled. Only this style of power supply / plug end will work for this style of HI. The current style of HI has a right angle adapter that fits into the bottom and allows any style of plug end power supply. It is also a little bit taller. They are $135 without a power supply. I would like to get moved before I start stocking regular power supplies. Don't want to move more than I have to. Hopefully I will be able to find some reliable VVPS units. Roasting tubes are extra and come in a multitude of various configurations and styles ranging from $10 to $30.

Ace.357

I do have some good news to announce. I finally sold my house this week. Now comes the challenge of finding a suitable place to live in Colorado. Denver is my preference but we will see what happens. The sooner I find a place and get moved, the sooner the HI's will start flowing.

Yay, congrats Alan! Hope you find a sweet new place in Colorado. It's official, I'm one step closer to becoming a JedHI :).

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
<---- Has spent the past week .. or two .. practicing the art of yielding my HIsaber, & continue to gain knowledge of the *Force*(HIness) thru my intense jedHI training sessions! :nod: I have been extremely dedicated, & soon will wield my 'saber like a pro.
It's definitely official, I have joined the ranks of the jedHIs. Thanks to Alan; he is The Master. It was no easy wait :cry:, but Alan got me through it, & also put a beautiful HI into my hands. I am very proud to become jedHI. :bowdown:
Time to get my HI-on. :rockon:
Alan - The DarkWalnut is going strong, fixed-voltage has not been a problem, & I am loving the turbo tubes. I'm glad to hear the good news, about the progression of the move.

EDIT: I have had fun having an 'excuse' to use all of my glass(an aid to learn the jedHI ways), with my HIsaber, throughout my jedHI trials. I even purchased a new piece, tailored for using my HI. I got a very tasteful TORO Fumed Micro Frothilator (Black Mouthpiece Lip & Base) 14mm Female. I got it for a steal too, at my LHS. Anyways, I have not heard of many people on the boards using Toro. I just wanted to say this micro frothilator is fantastic. It wasn't cheap, & was still able to out perform my expectations! The single micro is a great size for wielding one's HIsaber, with precision & ease. I give it two thumbs up. :2c::peace::drool::science:

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I even purchased a new piece, tailored for using my HI. I got a very tasteful TORO Fumed Micro Frothilator. It wasn't cheap, & was still able to out perform my expectations! The single micro is a great size for wielding one's HIsaber, with precision & ease. I give it two thumbs up. :2c::peace::drool::science:

I bet the 'HIcro' is an ass kick'n combo.. you have any video capabilities GV?

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Ace.357 - Thanks. I did find a sweet place in CO. I just got back from a road trip. Now I just need to arrange a few things so I can get everything moved out there and get set up for production.

GratefulVapor - Glad to hear your training is progressing nicely and you are enjoying the Turbo Tubes. You will be a JedHI master before you know it. Thanks again for your patience with me. Have fun as you continue to discover new ways to use your HIsaber.

Welcome to the HI list Doug and welcome to the HI list again mom and Jeppy. At least it will be moving again soon.

Top Bottom