The HI

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
A MFLB is but a small light compared to the HISabre, young 'HIonite' BDV. You must complete your walk in search of HI knowledge before returning to the LB region.
yoda-1.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Ha ha! I knew one of the old JedHI Masters would be lurking. I held something close to the vest, for a chance to surprise you.

BAM! No self-respecting JedHI would be complete without his HIsaber AND HIkit.

20120917_224854.jpg

EDIT: Haha! With my new tube toy, cranked the vvps up to 12.75 and filling the bowl, just about 1/2... I'm getting thick almost old-style snapper one-hitter bowls, out of the BDV. I'm going to incrementally add more, until I can't take it. Sorry sticks... no video... yet. I've almost got the voltage and draw down. I can set the HI down over the top and around the tube. Let it cook a bit, real fast... then start a slow steady drag, like you're smoking a bong load. You get a sense for when its caching... pull the HI and tube! Whoosh!

Oh, this Padawan is having much fun!

blah.gif

EDIT II: I decided to add a picture for you. Here's (2) eye-bulging, lung-expander "bong loads", top-shelf Indica.
lol5.gif

20120918_035756.jpg

(oh shit... I just realized you can actually snag some incriminating evidence off that photo)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Bummer, my edit time ran out. But it gives me a chance to announce... I have finally read The Entire HIthread. I just got to my first post in the thread, which was a response to a bOObs video and new bubbler.

Perfect timing for one of my new "bong loads", then some sleep before I meet with the new shrink.

Woot!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
u bwade wunner - Thanks but the slits were a hack job using a hack saw. Makes vacuum jobs much faster now.

BigDaddyVapor - Nice to hear you finally made it through the entire thread. Lots of good information.
I am glad to see you are discovering the versatility of all the different tube combinations. Each one performs just a bit differently. I always try to make them interchangeable / multifunctional. I do prefer the feel of the 10mm tube versus 13mm on my lips. It is a tradeoff for durability. The 13mm tube is much more likely to survive an accidental fall.
I didn't think of a good way to have the new 5/16" SS dimple tip connected to the 10mm tube until I started typing this response. I just installed a 10mm glass tube into a piece of 5/16" ID silicone tubing. I installed the SS dimple tip into the other end of the silicone tubing until it almost touches the glass. I'm afraid it might break the glass if the SS is inserted into the glass tubing (which it fits nicely). It is essentially the shortest whip you can make. It works very well. I may start using the SS dimple tip more now. Have been playing with an air mixing technique. I position the roasting tube (silicone/glass/ss) just at the entrance to the HI / TT center tube so that it makes a whistling sound as you draw air through it. I'm doing it with the non-variable power supply to control the roasting temp.
Fluffing the load to move the fresher material from the corners into the center makes for a more complete roast and provides better air flow.
Thanks for posting the great photos even with the fingerprint. The HIkit looks great too. May have to consider offering a travel case.

bOObs - Thanks for posting the photos of your new art piece. It looks amazing. Love that you can use all the HI roasting tubes in it. So many options. That just make so much sense for a glass pipe. Looks very easy to clean.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

I had to quote them.

So yeah, I'm thinking we might be seeing some videos tonight. Though, in my defense I'm still a Padawan (However, I HAVE read the entire thread, uttered/shared a few, maybe significant/noteworthy moments of discovery, videos, pictures... but nm all that)

I might have to make an appearance, I can't figure how else, I'm going to get The BDV into the entire frame, otherwise. Its kind of a waste, only getting to see 1/2 the total tube on videos, just to see the perc, imo. I like a shot of the perc... but I want to see the whole damn glass, or up to the top of the mouthpiece, at least. So... not holding to my own standards until I catch a full picture of the beast.

Also, be kind of a beta, because I'm still testing temp ranges for the "bong load" hits. Anyone know what the MAX voltage the HI can be run for a couple/few hours at? At rest, I'll usually drop it down around =/< 11vdc... but it ran at a good while up around 13vdc last night while doing my test runs.

We were just talking about this, with a lot of input from bwade (The HI). Is this the final word? Hey... I know bwade doesn't put shit out there, unless he knows it and is ready to back it up, so I'll accept this if its the case. Designer/Manufacturer confirmation, would be cool though. Alan hasn't disputed it, so... can I just take it? Don't exceed 13vdc except for quick bursts (as much burst, as there is in a rheostat. lol. sorry... geek humor.) Though, that is burst voltage <snicker> (sorry)... I'm more concerned for max it can be run at, before abnormal degradation of the parts occur. Beefy resistor it is, but it will still fail, if run too hot, too long.

On a side note... haha... I couldn't have been more wrong about this thing. The VVPS. It is a POS. I can keep it running, but first chunk of spare change I get, after I buy the other things I want with chunks of change... I'm upgrading to the Hildebrandt.

EDIT: Eh, probably no video until Thursday. :(

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: TV

u bwade wunner

BDV you make Alan sound like the mother Alien.spitting out His:lol:

Its just a bit of wood:rolleyes: :lol:

If only..Happy Honeymoonj BDV..Have fun :tup:

Edit: Eds amboyna burl stem shold be here tommorrow.can t wait to finally have a piece of A burl in my hands.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I just read the whole thread (well, up to when I joined in). Its obvious Alan is a Mad Scientist. Hell, he probably got like 10 ideas, off the stuff I've posted the past few days. I got the condensed version, of the last 6 months over a week. The ideas and side-tracks have been flying.

Then to top it all off, he got a big dose of real life dumped on his head, plus a move thrown on top for good measure. No... I'm not criticizing Alan. Far from it. I think he's a brilliant and kind soul, with the customer service attitude of MF. But, because of all these circumstances and our involvement... we're a little responsible for the side-tracking to.

Its led to some dwindling interest and participation in the thread and with the HI.

I want to encourage Alan to get those logs churning out. Get them into as many peoples' hands as he can. Find a young kid that's trustworthy, works hard and wants to learn a trade. Alan will be giving him a lifetime, trained by his own hand. Alan's going to get tired of this, one day (reality is sooner, rather than later)... be nice, if he had an apprentice and someone that could carry on, what he started. Hell, take me back 20+ years and I would have jumped at a chance to do something like that.

He needs that... or isolation and a lathe. :myday:

EDIT: Discovered that by taking just a few crumbs out of the tube when loading, then prior to heating, I put the end of the tube to my finger and blow sharply into the glass end. By letting just a bit of the pressure release, it will push the load back up to the top of the tube. This has allowed me to lower the voltage over a volt (down to 12.25vdc approx what the standard fvps provides), doesn't leave remnants (I was getting just the slightest wisp remnants after stirring even at 13.75vdc) and makes it not such an eye-bulger. Actually, just right at that edge, that allows you to release a bit, then take a short/sharp breath in. Hold and repeat... for full absorption (and a Hell of a head rush. lol).

Just keeps getting better and better. You should see the tiny pile of AVB I have, from vaping all night!

Lukevh

I have an arizer solo and a MFLB, how do you think the efficiency of this unit is compared to the two? what about bowl size? i've noticed that with the domed screen, my solo has about the same size pack as the MFLB. I love the look of this thing

Lukevh,
Reactions: TV

u bwade wunner

Welcome Lukevh

Its very efficient .you use smaller amounts and extract it superfast to get you where you want to be in no time. No waiting around.

So a few specs on the Hi but please read the thread.lots of good info. for new owners.

Bowl size is similar to the solo.but there are many smaller size stems available including custom wood wong and pong (dont ask:)) and also custom glass gong stems to use with your e fave water piece.

The Airpath is open,no milkshake style draw liike with the solo.

Incredible Vapor from this thing due to the efficient custom design of the heat island (H.I.) heatport.

Quick 5 minute heat up time and designed to be left on continuously 24/7.

Inexpensive to run too.7 watts I think.

Simple No nuts and bolts construction Made with precision and attention to detail.Its art as well as a vape.No chemicals glues or plastics used in its construction.

Very few parts means very little to go wrong and a lifetime guarantee

The Hi is absolute Perfection up close.

Alan the His inventor is moving to a new workshop so may take a few days to answer you.
Be aware there is a wait time of 5 months presently

get on the list Luke,you can always change you re mind later on.The Hi is very much sought after and Jedhis (HI owners}who already own :love:.

Very few appear in classifieds and the few that do sell straight away.

Any more questions I m here

Contact Alan at alan@toasty-top.com to get on the list.

Oh one more thing the hi community are a great bunch:D

Best of luck:tup:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
cluffy - Thanks. Enjoying your post for bOObs but my neck in sore from moving my head back and forth. Love your vape station.

BigDaddyVapor - Damage to the heating element depends upon how long you have it at a certain voltage. A couple of minutes at 15 volts will probably not destroy it. Weeks at 13.5 volts have been reported to destroy the identical heating element in other mfrs units. Plugging into a car outlet while the car is running can produce voltages above 14. It will provide for an even faster heat up (~3min) but should only be used that way for a short period of time. I prefer to use a inverter with a wall power supply / vvps. The performance is just as you would have at home.
Sorry to hear about your POSVVPS. I did try one of the cheap ones but had to throw it away because the petroleum smell of all the rubber and wire insulation. It also wouldn't produce enough amps to drive the heating element. Back to searching.
I tried an alternative to your method of fluffing the load. I put my finger on the end of the tube (while cold), turned it upside down and tapped the tube so it falls away from the screen. A coin or some other object could be used to cover the end of a hot tube while you tap it.
I'm not sure why I keep getting called a "Mad Scientist". I rarely get angry. I do have too many ideas that sidetrack me sometimes. Most are just created out of necessity or an alternative / cheaper way. I will just have to lock myself into my shop and not come out until I'm caught up. I do plan to get a new lathe but will have it delivered to the new place so I don't have to move it.

u bwade wunner - Great video. Thanks for the support on the HI questions. Very informative.

Lukevh - Welcome to the thread. Hope you have some fun.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
HI everyone! Haven't posted on FC much as I've been slammed in other areas of my life. Good to see all the HI-ness going on.

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom