The Herbalizer

YungLeaner

Trying this. Pretty good!

vjbj7.jpg
Looks great! I'm in love with that type of pinhole mouthpiece when I'm hitting my vapes--helps me pull thick clouds.

YungLeaner,
Reactions: Madcap79

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Looks great! I'm in love with that type of pinhole mouthpiece when I'm hitting my vapes--helps me pull thick clouds.
The one I have is a little too short and the angle on it is a little too close to 90 deg. Might have JoDa make a custom.....

Madcap79,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
i unfortuantly have zero bags plus i really like the addition of water filtration.

But the reason i ask is because my very first attempt with concentrates and the Herbalizer was a complete success. Good sized, potent cloud, of clean tasty vapor. So i know it can be done when it performs properly

But ever after that 1st hit, i have had zero luck with it, getting a few whispy hits at most if i am lucky. I would like to add i have zero performance issues with flowers plus my screens/bowl are clean.

Maybe the aroma pads need to be cleaned after EACH load/hit? Just thinking maybe that the pads get easily clogged up from all the leftovers, which would decrease the vapor production.

But :shrug:

As others have said it's far better to run concentrates through the bag. If you want to use water simply attach the bag to your water system. I do this with my ice chamber bubbler.

My experience is that you need to keep the aroma pads very clean to get the lower temp performance. As well, the pads will always gather leftovers which will eventually dirty up your screens. In addition to getting clogged up very fast, I've also had issues with the pad flipping over in the air stream, only to soak my bottom screen with concentrates.

My best advice to you is to use cotton balls (or another safe organic material) and place your concentrate into that. That way you avoid having to clean out the leftovers and can toss it out. I've had great success with this method and it eliminates the issue of clogging screens with concentrate goop.

Shibby Dank

Hey does anyone have a helix vape? I ask, because I wondered on the possible use of the mouthpiece being used on the herbie's whip. I know I could pick up the mouthpiece for their multi-piece, but I figured I'd check on the little one, since its less clunky.

Shibby Dank,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey does anyone have a helix vape? I ask, because I wondered on the possible use of the mouthpiece being used on the herbie's whip. I know I could pick up the mouthpiece for their multi-piece, but I figured I'd check on the little one, since its less clunky.
It looks a bit large for the Herbalizer tubing. You might fit the tubing inside of the mouth piece rather than stretching it over.

Winegums,

Shibby Dank

maybe, I'm thinking a visit to the ol' local headshop might be in the cards for me this week. thanks for the input though. I never considered it fitting over the mouthpiece, but if that pans out I might check it out.

Shibby Dank,

virtualpurple

Whats the best replacement screens for the Herbalizer?

I buy them directly from Herbalizer, a 24 pack is about 12 bucks. I generally just replace the top screen as it gums up and will usually hang onto the clogged ones until I get about 6-8 and then push a few at a time into the Herbie chamber and then turn Herbie to 445 and take some hits, you'll be surprised how many hits you can take that produce respectable vapor.

Afterwards the screens can sometimes appear clogged although the airflow is radically better. Occasionally I'll dump those reclaimed screens into some ISO for a few days just in case there's anything left on the screens that I can reap from.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just purchased the Volcano solid valve parts so I can start using that bag system.

The Herbalizer bags are such a let down as far as quality and value go. I like the whip, but there's nothing like the smooth pull from a bag, which I've grown to miss.

I am currently vaping BC Bud (OG Kush?) and Lemon Kush for a night time vibe.

virtualpurple

I just purchased the Volcano solid valve parts so I can start using that bag system.

The Herbalizer bags are such a let down as far as quality and value go. I like the whip, but there's nothing like the smooth pull from a bag, which I've grown to miss.

I am currently vaping BC Bud (OG Kush?) and Lemon Kush for a night time vibe.

Can you do me a favor and let me know what parts you purchased and where you snagged them? I've been meaning to do the same because I'm also not impressed with the Herbalizer bag valve system.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Can you do me a favor and let me know what parts you purchased and where you snagged them? I've been meaning to do the same because I'm also not impressed with the Herbalizer bag valve system.

You can buy the solid valve set for 99$ and it will include everything you need. Or you can save a bit and order the SV mouth piece, solid valve, and a roll of balloon material for 75$.

Smelly Dog

You can buy the solid valve set for 99$ and it will include everything you need. Or you can save a bit and order the SV mouth piece, solid valve, and a roll of balloon material for 75$.

I needed this info! Thanks. :)

Smelly Dog,
Reactions: Winegums

lazylathe

Almost there...
Decided to bust Herbie out tonight!
I have cut down significantly and wanted to see how well she handled smaller loads.

My preferred method is to fine grind, load a pinch, place an EQ screen and then close the lid.
Heat to 200 and away we go!
Great taste and flavor and super strong effects!!
The Purple Kush is tasting GREAT tonight!

Herbalized!
:borg:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I had a new and fun experience with the Herbie last weekend. I blew some bags with cavier (flower rolled in oil then coated in kief). Cavier lasts forever, but the flavor fades after a while. When the flavor started to fade, I threw a screen on top and added some ground flower. Got the hash kick with fresh flower flavor. Awesome milky bags!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Decided to bust Herbie out tonight!
I have cut down significantly and wanted to see how well she handled smaller loads.

My preferred method is to fine grind, load a pinch, place an EQ screen and then close the lid.
Heat to 200 and away we go!
Great taste and flavor and super strong effects!!
The Purple Kush is tasting GREAT tonight!

Herbalized!
:borg:
A luxury back-up vape!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So I started to get tired of cleaning my Herbie's top screen, (air flow issues) and happened to find some large stainless pipe screens from my days of combusting in handmade pipes. So I decided to make a cone shaped screen and drop it in the bowl, thus preventing the sticky buds coming in contact with the top screen and reducing the airflow.

2dl59hj.jpg

After running a bowl at 375 with one bag. The screen is a beginning to clog, but the massive surface area and coarse mesh should really help keep it flowing. (At least longer than the stock Herbie screens).

24y5t8k.jpg

There's a little bit of oil collecting on the screen but that's okay with me since I know that it's clean from particles. It's possible that the trichs on the Lemon Kush (~22% THC) I have right now are condensing into tiny droplets and splatting on the screen. I prewarmed the chamber and blasted the bag at 375*C, so it could be what's going on?

UPDATE:
Upon further experimentation, the flow has increased greatly. The bag fills very fast and vapour production is amazing. The vapour seems slightly smoother and the main goal has been achieved as the top screen is only getting condensate on it. :D

Last edited:

John Lewus

Broke out a clean Herbie for the first time in a while. Woof. Signature smackdown!

I know that you alternate vapes but what is your daily driver? The Herbie is mine but sometimes I break out the EVO. The EVO always gives me thicker clouds that are sometimes too much too handle but the Herbie eases me nicely into a medicated state.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't do one daily driver anymore, as I have an insane lineup that consists of Herbie, Evo, miniVAP, VripTech Heat Wand, Herbalaire, Vapolution 3, Volcano, a custom Silver Surfer and a WaveRider Super Surfer. I'm sure I'm missing something, including all the portables. For the last two weeks it's been the surfers and the cano that I've been using most.

MinnBobber

Broke out a clean Herbie for the first time in a while. Woof. Signature smackdown!
Herbie night here too. Kickin back tonight as Herbie goes "all the way" (to 445 F) and perfect ABV with absolutely no charred edges. Run thru the VXL Turbine HT for some moisture and voila, Herbie-land.

Smelly Dog

Gooooooooood evening Fc, i'd like to know if the Ratchett herbie adapter 2.0, the da Buddha whip, and a medium adapter is all I need for my D020-D to work? I have all these parts now and want to know if im set to assemble when I get home.

Smelly Dog,

YungLeaner

Gooooooooood evening Fc, i'd like to know if the Ratchett herbie adapter 2.0, the da Buddha whip, and a medium adapter is all I need for my D020-D to work? I have all these parts now and want to know if im set to assemble when I get home.
You don't need the herbie adapter from ratchett unless you're using a hydratube IMO. I've seen clever setups and maybe I'm missing something but it makes it very difficult to craft a whip setup for me. DBV tubing slides over the herbie bowl very well. Out other end into adapter, adapter into bong.
For best clouds, use @stickstones method. Pop whole nug in, take 2 hits just to warm it up, pop out the nug, grind it up, pop it back in. Huge clouds every time. Use the fan assist at 445 and it's game over :clap::nod::drool: PM me if you have problems or need more parts, I'm a fanboy and the D020D makes Herbie a godsend

Top Bottom