• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
In this case, one of the three sensors is just beneath the bowl, so we know what the temp is there. This is the only vape I know of doing this.

Does it even show you the real-time temp or just the set temp? In any video I have seen it looks like only the set temp?

BTW you guys know that all temp probes drift over time? So 400F one year is not the same 400F years later.

jojo monkey,

YungLeaner

Does it even show you the real-time temp or just the set temp? In any video I have seen it looks like only the set temp?

BTW you guys know that all temp probes drift over time? So 400F one year is not the same 400F years later.
It shows the set temp but the implication isn't that it's literally always 445 (if that's your temp), it is that the machine is fine tuned to constantly maintain 445 through temp adjustments. Can you explain a little more about the lifespan of a temp probe?
The relevance to me isn't necessary that the Herbalizer is at 445 EXACTLY, but rather it's the instant heat up time combined with A+ consistency, both over lifespan and individual sessions. There's no heat sink, etc to worry about, and give or take 5 degrees I'm happy with a set temp. What bothers me is when I use the EQ or Evo or Boundless CFX or whatever the fuck, and halfway through my session I'm forced to adapt and change my intake method or temperature to account for changes in the temperature. The Herbalizer controls all factors for you, and it makes vaping a well organized science experiment every time I do it. This is also relevant for strain/batch comparisons.

YungLeaner,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
:shrug:
zhPUH4k.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

If it is at the set temp it will pulse the fan to sample the air temps ever so often.

If it is below the set temp it will run the fan and show a small flame icon to indicate it is heating. There is also a red bar to the left of the set temp that shows where the temp is at in the unit as it heats.

If the temperature is above the set temp it will display it as a blue bar to the right that shrinks down as the unit cools. The point where the blue bar is will indicate what the actual temperature is.

I doubt you would have seen them showing the blue cool down bar in a video. As you need to be at 430°F ish and then drop the temp to 370°F ish to see them.

Even if the temp probes drift we're able to send the unit in for calibration. Further I see no issue with it as long as it doesn't over heat.

Winegums,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Once it is up to temp (which takes less than 15 seconds), the set temp is the actual temp, +/- 5 degrees F, based on the temp sensor under the bowl. Other vapes use a temp sensor in the heater and an algorithm to approximate the temp at the bowl. As @Winegums explained above, the temp is kept constant by the dance between the light and the fan.

You're gonna have to get more specific on the drifting of temp probes over years (how much per year, etc.) before I start worrying about the temp of my Herbalizer.

stickstones,
Reactions: turk

zombied

Great comparison, but it would be nice if you made it a bit more scientific. You know, for science! Same material, same weight, same temperature, use bags and a stop watch so you can show the difference in material consumption comparatively.

Assuming the same results, the ABV is pretty damn clear evidence the Herbalizer is WAY more efficient with material.

zombied,
Reactions: turk

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Due to rapidly progressing disability (MS), I think I have finally decided I need to purchase an Herbalizer. Like today. I love my Underdog, especially considering my dog's backstory, but it's just becoming too difficult for me to use, at least exclusively, because my hands and fingers don't do much anymore, and because it's beginning to feel like work for me to hold up the vape and/or stem. Also, I feel like I need something with a little more herb capacity per bowl.

My first thought is that I should buy from Vapor Nation, using the "FC21" code for 21% off, but I just wanted to see if I might receive a little insight/input from existing Herbalizer owners regarding that choice. I have had good experiences with Vapor Nation, and they support FC, but I am open to other options, if there are other good options

If anyone can give me any helpful tips regarding making the smartest purchase, please do. Thanks.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
It's true that all temperature probes are going to drift. However, the drifting is very much dependent on the exact probe, amount of use, and temperature variations the probe is exposed to. I wonder if Herbilizer would share their probe specs if asked, as they should have that info from their supplier.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Due to rapidly progressing disability (MS), I think I have finally decided I need to purchase an Herbalizer. Like today. I love my Underdog, especially considering my dog's backstory, but it's just becoming too difficult for me to use, at least exclusively, because my hands and fingers don't do much anymore, and because it's beginning to feel like work for me to hold up the vape and/or stem. Also, I feel like I need something with a little more herb capacity per bowl.

My first thought is that I should buy from Vapor Nation, using the "FC21" code for 21% off, but I just wanted to see if I might receive a little insight/input from existing Herbalizer owners regarding that choice. I have had good experiences with Vapor Nation, and they support FC, but I am open to other options, if there are other good options

If anyone can give me any helpful tips regarding making the smartest purchase, please do. Thanks.
Ask @stickstones . He can give you some insight.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I went ahead and ordered an Herbalizer from Vapor Nation. It would be sweet if it gets here (Ohio) Saturday, but I don't think I have much reason to expect it to arrive before Monday. Regardless, I can't wait to try it out. And at least I know it will (or should) ship before the weekend.

stressed

I recently picked up one of these steamrollers for my herbie. I have to say...I haven't really used my herbie for a while...my go to has been my ff2...didn't think the cool vapor could be beaten on it. I use to cough like a mofo with either bag or whip on my herbalizer. The steamroller has 100% breathed new life into my herbie. I get huge clouds and it is SO smooth...no coughing period! Anyone on the fence about adding the steamroller...I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. And just to throw it out there...if you can't bring yourself to put 150$ down on it....give the good folks at herbalizer a call and ask if they have any discount codes available...i personally got mine for 70$ off....made the decision that much easier. Cheers!
i was just going to ask what you guys would recommend. when i go to 420 or higher, even through my water tool, the next morning i'm coughing like a smoker.

i love using the bag and usually look for something that i can plug the bag into or plug into the bag. i was concerned that the steamroller wouldn't be very effective at 445 as far as cooling the vapor goes. have you tried it at 420 or higher?

i was thinking of going with a bubbler...any suggestions guys?

by the way, i been enjoying the herbie berry much. i'm down to my last gram of the good stuff. time to go shopping :)

from the day i ordered, the herbie was here in 3 days.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
i was just going to ask what you guys would recommend. when i go to 420 or higher, even through my water tool, the next morning i'm coughing like a smoker.

i love using the bag and usually look for something that i can plug the bag into or plug into the bag. i was concerned that the steamroller wouldn't be very effective at 445 as far as cooling the vapor goes. have you tried it at 420 or higher?

by the way, i been enjoying the herbie berry much. i'm down to my last gram of the good stuff. time to go shopping :)

I've been steamrolling at around 435-445 with no coughing. I'm tellin ya...this thing is smooth and a huge addition to the already great herbalizer.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

I find that I cough regardless of intake method as there is a compound that is released around 420+ that acts as an expectorant. Meaning that it makes me cough up a load of mucus for about 20 mins after. At which point all the mucus is pretty much gone from my air path it finally stops tickling. I find that it's okay in the mornings but in the afternoon it just makes my throat tickle and causes an expectorant reaction. Seems like 390 and below are the temps for me as I have no throat irritation issues with these temps.

My advice is that you take it really easy on the herb in the morning and save your lungs for the high temps later in the day. Ice always helps as it condenses the higher temp compounds while leaving higher concentrations of the lower temp compounds.

Winegums,
Reactions: stressed

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I actually just stuck my nose on the top of the steamroller and inhaled vapor for the first time ever that way. 445, was like steam therapy!:nod:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: stressed

virtualpurple

So are you guys finding that the steamroller works more effectively than say, a dry hydratube would function?

I have been experimenting lately with compressing my herb a bit with the stainless steel mesh strips from RBT for the milaana. I form one or two strips into a ball and flatten into a puck to hold the herb in place and prevent it from sticking to the top screen. I have been getting some thick milky hits although my Herbie bowls silicone bumpers are so loose that I even get vapor escape when using my @Ratchett song 2.0 (otherwise known as the greatest mod ever designed).

If anyone has access to these mesh strips I highly recommend using them to enhance the vaping experience. Not just for the Herbie but I use them with my Evo, Appollo, etc. even having a strip or two in the airpath is perfect for picking up reclaim and can then be placed into an herb chamber at any vapes highest available temp without fear of combustion. I have combusted in the Evo and Appollo as well as milaana while using hemp fiber (which is still one of my favorite tools).

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So are you guys finding that the steamroller works more effectively than say, a dry hydratube would function?

I have been experimenting lately with compressing my herb a bit with the stainless steel mesh strips from RBT for the milaana. I form one or two strips into a ball and flatten into a puck to hold the herb in place and prevent it from sticking to the top screen. I have been getting some thick milky hits although my Herbie bowls silicone bumpers are so loose that I even get vapor escape when using my @Ratchett song 2.0 (otherwise known as the greatest mod ever designed).

If anyone has access to these mesh strips I highly recommend using them to enhance the vaping experience. Not just for the Herbie but I use them with my Evo, Appollo, etc. even having a strip or two in the airpath is perfect for picking up reclaim and can then be placed into an herb chamber at any vapes highest available temp without fear of combustion. I have combusted in the Evo and Appollo as well as milaana while using hemp fiber (which is still one of my favorite tools).

I've been using a domed screen that serves the same purpose for a year now. It vastly improves the airflow and slows the rate that the top screen gets clogged and needs cleaning. It's a must do mod for the Herbalizer or it just won't fill bags properly nor will you get easy pulls from the whip.

Shibby Dank

@virtualpurple I'm so glad you ask about the dry hydratube vs steamroller, because I've been wondering the same and was actually just about ask. I've been using the whip to glass method, as well as bag to glass due to the herbie's bag's mouthpiece fitting so well onto my downstem (just enough that I don't notice a leak; and it makes me feel more comfortable when friends come over, because I get paranoid that someone would blow water up and into the Herbie)

virtualpurple

I've been using a domed screen that serves the same purpose for a year now. It vastly improves the airflow and slows the rate that the top screen gets clogged and needs cleaning. It's a must do mod for the Herbalizer or it just won't fill bags properly nor will you get easy pulls from the whip.

I too have previously used domed screens for that purpose, I have mentioned in the past a large fondness for using the Haze convection screens (formed into a dome with just a little elbow grease and a piece of chopstick or dowel to help shape) to dome on top of my herb and to prevent that top screen buildup. I know other folks don't mind it and just swap screens every so often, but it just bugs me because I think it happens super quick and allows so much restriction that it thins the vapor.

I found that adding a fine mesh screen (like the Vapir N02) screens prevented the buildup even further.

However, thus far I'm finding I really enjoy this mesh strip puck so far. This is a pretty recent discovery for me do the jury is still out on if it works as well as my done screen, but I like that I can squish the herb down a bit if I like to experiment more for vapor density (I have a weird obsession with milking my bubblers.).

If anyone has a milaana and a Herbie I would encourage you to give this a try. I'm am not sure if these mesh strips are available for retail but I certainly hope so because I will inevitably need to purchase more someday.

RyanLP

I too have previously used domed screens for that purpose, I have mentioned in the past a large fondness for using the Haze convection screens (formed into a dome with just a little elbow grease and a piece of chopstick or dowel to help shape) to dome on top of my herb and to prevent that top screen buildup. I know other folks don't mind it and just swap screens every so often, but it just bugs me because I think it happens super quick and allows so much restriction that it thins the vapor.

I found that adding a fine mesh screen (like the Vapir N02) screens prevented the buildup even further.

However, thus far I'm finding I really enjoy this mesh strip puck so far. This is a pretty recent discovery for me do the jury is still out on if it works as well as my done screen, but I like that I can squish the herb down a bit if I like to experiment more for vapor density (I have a weird obsession with milking my bubblers.).

If anyone has a milaana and a Herbie I would encourage you to give this a try. I'm am not sure if these mesh strips are available for retail but I certainly hope so because I will inevitably need to purchase more someday.

Are these what you use to make your "mesh strip puck"?

http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-and-zion-screens.html

RyanLP,

Poopman525

Hey, can anyone help me? I noticed when watching my Herbie heat up, through the small hole the bulb seems to not be centered. Can people post pictures of of their Herbie heating up (so you can see the bulb) so I can see if mine is not in the correct position? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Poopman525,
Top Bottom