Discontinued The Herbalizer

YungLeaner

In my opinion the Herbalizer is best above 400, even for those who like lower temp hits with other vapes. The convection is so pure and the temp so accurate that you can't really compare it to an Evo at whatever 445 would be on an a Evo. The mixture of some conduction, lots of radiative heat and no digital temp sensors means your weed is being cooked at a much, much higher true temperature. Combustion isn't necessarily happening above 445 in other vapes--I think I hit some ELBs in the Evo at close to 500, and it was spectacular. You've gotta remember that a joint smokes at 1000+ degrees Fahrenheit! My Arizer EQ setup (Ddave mod) is easily 20-60 degrees higher then the temp it shows. In my experience actually low temp vaping (340ish range) on the herbie is only feasible if you're okay with no visible vapor production and a minimal high. 445 isn't "gross" tasting in my experience, the Herbalizer offers tremendously pure flavor and sometimes that can be overwhelming if using a skunky indica or lemony & spicy sativa.

batking

I am still experiencing. but with the current material I have, anything below 380F won't show good amount of vapor. Just very light vapor. Also without the fan assist, the vapor production only good at the 2 peak puff. I am also starting NOT grinding as suggested in earlier response.

so now, I will start with 400 to 410 without grind the herb. Then after 3 to 4 puff, crumble the herb then raise the temp to 430 and finish off with 445.

I am also trying to adjust my feeling. I don't get the kick-in feeling with EVO anymore. but I do feel stronger body high and the body high seems last a bit longer.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I am still experiencing. but with the current material I have, anything below 380F won't show good amount of vapor. Just very light vapor. Also without the fan assist, the vapor production only good at the 2 peak puff. I am also starting NOT grinding as suggested in earlier response.

You're experience is normal. Good job!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The Herbalizer will make clouds at 365 no problem. It just depends how much weed you put in and how potent it is. I get two thick bags of vapour before it starts to be non visible. I'm not sure why others are saying it doesn't produce?

MinnBobber

?? for those not experiencing good vapor production at lower temps like 360, do you have a "vaping light" that you use, that you exhale your vapor thru??
Absent such a light, I don't see about 90% of my exhaled vapor. It can be a lightbulb or exhaling into rays of sunlight---better with a dark background.

But I also agree with @YungLeaner , that Herbie temps are so accurate that the vapor seems to be less than vapes where the temps overshoot by a lot/ where there are hot spots and added conduction effect = more vapor produced.
IMO, that's why many vapes have max temps of approx 410 F (think Mighty and Crafty and many others).
410 leaves a margin of error below 450, so they do not combust or char the herb. If they had a 445 F max, they would possibly char or combust.

Herbie is so accurate that vapor production seems to be low, when it's really that many other vapes have a higher effective temp than what they show.
I think miniVAP is like Herbie on this element, super accurate temp control and convection where vapor production seems lesser then some other vapes.

So absence of lighting plus super accurate temp control plus pure convection = less apparent vapor BUT super effective vapor.

stressed

i've given herbie a good working over and i'm a fan! the Q goes into the closet for emergencies.

so far, 365 for wake and bake until about 6 p.m. and then 445 for night time. i think i'm going to get a different water tool though as 445 is too much for my old lungs even using the iceborn as a water tool with my bags. or i'll have to settle for 420ish.

i was never a cloud chaser so i'm happy with the not so cloudy bags. seeing the Q bags very cloudy compared to this made me sad for a few seconds and then i got over it! all i care about is the high and the highs i'm getting are just what i like.

i still haven't tried the heating buds and then breaking them apart trick yet. it's such a habit to grind everything, i keep forgetting.

i'm vaping more (new toy and all), and need to test my old way of doing things which was more like .05 per bowl.

there is much more experimenting to do! :)

Last edited:

stressed

watching bassetball, high on life and about a gram of gsc and i had a question. do you guys pack your bowls a bit?

i usually take a 1/4 teaspoon sized teaspoon and fill that per bowl, which is about .1 of a gram. earlier i put it in the bowl and just gently tapped it so it was uniform. i'm not sure if it makes a difference. any opinions?

after the first bagfull, i take the bowl and shake it around and put it back on the heater for the 2nd bag. do you do that or do you open it and stir it?

come on golden state!

stressed,

pootsforjesus

I haven't been measuring at all, personally. I usually just fill the bowl until it's more or less level with the inner-most silver ring. I'll usually stir after a bag, or after the cloud production seems to have mostly stopped when I'm using a water piece. I'll usually be able to get one more bag/solid hit after that.

pootsforjesus,
Reactions: stressed

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I loosely fill to the ring. I don't stir, but I do tap the side of my bowl on the table a few times between bags.

c76man,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I find that it doesn't matter if I pack it or not due to the oversized concentrate pad I use to fill the upper flare of the chamber. It keeps the herb in the lower ring, it stops my upper screen from plugging and it allows for much more consistent ABV.

I stir my ABV if I dropped kief in with the weed. It usually allows for one more good hit out of it.

Winegums,

turk

turk
...sometimes I pack...sometimes I don't...but I never measure...(to fucking lazy)...haven't used bags for herbie in over 6months...for me volcano does bags better...but with steamroller bags aren't as effective a choice....

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Herbie temps are so accurate that the vapor seems to be less than vapes where the temps overshoot by a lot/ where there are hot spots and added conduction effect = more vapor produced

Don't forget the temps are just a measurement at some point in the system. It does not tell you how much heat(energy) something has. So you can have an precise stream with little heat or with lots. The temps will be the same but the results will be different.

So it could also appear to have less vapor because the vape is working with less heat.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Don't forget the temps are just a measurement at some point in the system. It does not tell you how much heat(energy) something has. So you can have an precise stream with little heat or with lots. The temps will be the same but the results will be different.

So it could also appear to have less vapor because the vape is working with less heat.

It's not that the vape has less heat. It's way in which the heat transfer occurs. With the Herbalizer the chamber is relatively conduction free. So any heat transfer is going to be through convection. This leads to a slower way of extracting and heating because gas is a poor conductor of heat. Additionally it will produce thinner vapour due to the dilution from the hot air.

The precise temp control is also at work ensuring that it's never hotter than what you set it at.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

In this case, one of the three sensors is just beneath the bowl, so we know what the temp is there. This is the only vape I know of doing this.

It's not that the vape has less heat. It's way in which the heat transfer occurs. With the Herbalizer the chamber is relatively conduction free. So any heat transfer is going to be through convection. This leads to a slower way of extracting and heating because gas is a poor conductor of heat. Additionally it will produce thinner vapour due to the dilution from the hot air.

The precise temp control is also at work ensuring that it's never hotter than what you set it at.

I'm still convinced that Herbie should be the standard that others are compared to. What's really happening is people are vaping at temps in Herbie and comparing it to the same reported temps in other vapes, which can be wildly off and inconsistent. It behooves other companies to overshoot their vape's temp than undershoot it or they risk the user thinking it is weak. With higher temps the user will think the vape is hitting hard, when in essence it is just hitting too hot.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'm still convinced that Herbie should be the standard that others are compared to. What's really happening is people are vaping at temps in Herbie and comparing it to the same reported temps in other vapes, which can be wildly off and inconsistent. It behooves other companies to overshoot their vape's temp than undershoot it or they risk the user thinking it is weak. With higher temps the user will think the vape is hitting hard, when in essence it is just hitting too hot.

I agree with this theory. I know that 365F on my Mighty gets the ABV a great deal darker than 365F on my Herbalizer. I suspect that the temps could be getting closer to ~385F as the ABV and effects reflect this, ( I tested with a strain I'm familiar with).

turk

turk
I agree with this theory. I know that 365F on my Mighty gets the ABV a great deal darker than 365F on my Herbalizer. I suspect that the temps could be getting closer to ~385F as the ABV and effects reflect this, ( I tested with a strain I'm familiar with).
...I have the exact same experience ...the abv from my herbie is lighter than all my other vapes except...volcano...about same color...and now thanks to stickstones since I've been going past 400..they both (herbie, volcano)...real dark...

The Natty Leprechaun

I am on the fence about purchasing an herbie I just don't like the fact it is all plastic I would be worried about off gasing from all the heat and the magnetic bowl has some sort of heat resistant rubber is that correct?

The Natty Leprechaun,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I recently picked up one of these steamrollers for my herbie. I have to say...I haven't really used my herbie for a while...my go to has been my ff2...didn't think the cool vapor could be beaten on it. I use to cough like a mofo with either bag or whip on my herbalizer. The steamroller has 100% breathed new life into my herbie. I get huge clouds and it is SO smooth...no coughing period! Anyone on the fence about adding the steamroller...I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. And just to throw it out there...if you can't bring yourself to put 150$ down on it....give the good folks at herbalizer a call and ask if they have any discount codes available...i personally got mine for 70$ off....made the decision that much easier. Cheers!

turk

turk
I recently picked up one of these steamrollers for my herbie. I have to say...I haven't really used my herbie for a while...my go to has been my ff2...didn't think the cool vapor could be beaten on it. I use to cough like a mofo with either bag or whip on my herbalizer. The steamroller has 100% breathed new life into my herbie. I get huge clouds and it is SO smooth...no coughing period! Anyone on the fence about adding the steamroller...I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. And just to throw it out there...if you can't bring yourself to put 150$ down on it....give the good folks at herbalizer a call and ask if they have any discount codes available...i personally got mine for 70$ off....made the decision that much easier. Cheers!
...you were doing great ...till that last part where you received a discount...lol...no envy...just kidding...yeah I believe the steamroller is by far the most efficient , tasty, cleanest method...it's a game changer...
...hey anyone who can maneuver the environment and pick up one of these boys will be greatly rewarded...cheers man.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I am on the fence about purchasing an herbie I just don't like the fact it is all plastic I would be worried about off gasing from all the heat and the magnetic bowl has some sort of heat resistant rubber is that correct?
No rubber in the gas path, if that's your concern. Never heard of off gassing from anyone's unit. If you don't like the plastic construction, you may want to look at a different vape. I will say, it's one of my favorite desktops. Whatever that's worth.

MinnBobber

....................................................................................................
I would rate the Herbie as tied for the cleanest vape out there/ no off gassing. Other clean kings are the Volcano, miniVAP, and a few others.

The plastic is all cosmetic and in no way gives any off gassing--- just makes it look like an Iphone or high end electronics device.
The air path is short and clean, from the Halogen bulb heater and thru the stainless steel chamber.
The bowl has a "heat band" to protect your fingers but it in no way tarnishes the vapor.

It heats up in ten seconds, has supremely accurate temp control, and pure vapor airpath.
It is a great vape IMO

Smelly Dog

After reading the past two pages, I just realized I have never used my Herbie under max temp yet,lol! I like the high I get with it set at max temp and just left it at that setting since I bought it, I'm going to try it at a lower temp before going to the gym and see if I like it, I have to workout high cause I hate working out! :D

Top Bottom