The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Most scenarios the pen's clip is asking for it. I didn't initially bend it to create the gap but I'll be damned if I can keep using it with gap existing, I'm pretty OCD and don't clip my pen on me but I suppose SS and Ti are stronger than plastic and aluminum pen clips.

What I really want are pen caps that latch on the holes near the mouthpiece.

Sometimes I just like to see if it will break.. For science. :science:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Weird Al song..."White & Nerdy"...if you watch it...you'll get it...:nod:

Shrike,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
That's what I'd fear...too much temptation there. I think I'd prefer a sliding button or ring over the clip...so long as it prevents the rolling mentioned above.

I agree. I would love it if the clip could be detached so I could stir the contents in the chamber. I know the GH team says you wouldn't need to stir it, but I just think a large chamber like that needs to be stirred after my experience with the Hammer (UD tubing + formed screen = 0.5g chamber, uneven vaping near the screen, requires stirring).

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I agree. I would love it if the clip could be detached so I could stir the contents in the chamber. I know the GH team says you wouldn't need to stir it, but I just think a large chamber like that needs to be stirred after my experience with the Hammer (UD tubing + formed screen = 0.5g chamber, uneven vaping near the screen, requires stirring).

I agree, that would be a nice feature.

HillaryClinton,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
Breaking News from GrazenHopperLand::

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been making great headway on the Grasshopper. Parts are on order, and the earliest batches of back end components should be here before the end of the month. We’re closing in on having production samples from our molded parts and preparing to run the full order. Things are looking good.

With thousands of Hoppers to assemble, jigs and detailed procedures are being designed. It can take a crazy amount of time to assemble that many units, without ample thought on how each part of the process will go. More on this to come.

We posted a few new pictures on our instagram @grasshoppervape so be sure to check them out!

We know many of you are moving around this time of year, so If you need your address changed just send an email containing the updated address. Remember you can always reach us at trevor@grasshoppervape.com with any questions you might have.

herbivore21

Oh sweet, for what it's worth, this video was a prototype running at 360 farenheit. Apparently the final one will be 410 farenheit (210c)

This would mean the final one would produce more clouds. However, not enough to do oils. This will certainly be a flower only vape. However, I think it could be a great flower vape :)

herbivore21,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I am a bit curious on how they intend to do the oil bowl but I am sure it won't be convection based as most oil users prefer conduction for oil. But I am definitely sure it shouldn't be too difficult looking at how oil pens work and how inexpensive and simple they are.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: grokit

herbivore21

Hmmmmmm, actually now that I think about it...

Whilst they say that it will reach 210c, nowhere have I read that this is the max temp it can reach. Perhaps you can reach higher oil friendly temps with more warm up time?

Time will tell, but I really hope this can generate serious clouds with flowers, regardless of how it goes with oil!

herbivore21,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Hmmmmmm, actually now that I think about it...

Whilst they say that it will reach 210c, nowhere have I read that this is the max temp it can reach. Perhaps you can reach higher oil friendly temps with more warm up time?

Time will tell, but I really hope this can generate serious clouds with flowers, regardless of how it goes with oil!

Looks to me that they have claimed a 100C -210C range since the beginning.

from the IG campain:
5U6ppsY.jpg

More picks of the prototype and the logo?
Seems like pics of production would be a more appropriate update at this point, but I may be beating a dead horse.

Note that those pictures are in order chronilogical posted, and only the top 2 are from yesterday, and many are from 6 months ago. Overall I agree though, would like to be seeing production shots rather than the office logo going on the wall.

Cheers

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I am a bit curious on how they intend to do the oil bowl but I am sure it won't be convection based as most oil users prefer conduction for oil. But I am definitely sure it shouldn't be too difficult looking at how oil pens work and how inexpensive and simple they are.
From what I remember from the indigogo that past the mark to unlock they were making the Tip of the pen removable and interchangeable with a tip that was made to use oils and such..

luckypucky,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
From what I remember from the indigogo that past the mark to unlock they were making the Tip of the pen removable and interchangeable with a tip that was made to use oils and such..
Yes, that is why I say oil bowl, the tip is the bowl, but I don't really think they even had such high access to oils at that time nor much knowledge towards how they would get it to work and just created a concept art to help sell them. But from their picture I imagine the inners to get very hot when connected and somehow the onboard software in the pen would be able to differentiate that the oil bowl/concentrate adapter is connected and it would heat the entire bowl and oils would vape in a conduction manner. But I really have no clue. And I'm sure they are still unsure.

20131209081618-Stretch-goals.jpg

paytonpenn,

falcopus

Hi,

I backed thsi project.
Correct me if I'm wrong:
This vaporizer will blow hot air over your herbs. The herbs are not in contact with the heating element?
So, this is the first portable vape of this type?

I hope the way to take a draw is not to hard. I mean you don't have to suck very hard to get a little vapor.

falcopus,

btka

I can not state anything about the grashopper but I believe the MiniVap is already a portable Convection vape, not in that pen form factor tough :D
No it is not the first portable convection vape... cera, solo and firefly are also convection... but the grasshopper is maybe the first pen style vape working with convection as i know.....

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Herbivore21,
Salutations everybody,

Looks promising!

The video sure motivates the viewer to see more, and i hope this comment of mine falls about right as i wouldn't want to interrupt, but i think this excerpt from the video's public comments happens to provide some really important clue to the convection topic actually:

« The heater has 36mm of air pathway spiraling in 4mm of material. »

This description corresponds closely enough to my idea of a convection vaporizer.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom