The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapemon

If money doesn't matter to you, then why don't you pay our $5? Problem solved!

it should still be sold at cost mainly because they assured everyone that heat wouldnt be an issue and since buzz says it can get hot after back to back usage. It should be included as being part of the vape pen. Its like not including the battery. Its now essential to the unit.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Uh oh...
attachment.php

fonzerelli

I am utterly astonished at how uptight some people on a forum of this nature are.

Woah.

I say relax and enjoy a groundbreaking new type of vaporizer. I doubt you'll be sweating this trifling inconvenience two months after you receive this.

Let it go man.

Mrbinky

Of course they should honor their promises, at least to those who they specifically made them to, even if they later changed their minds and decided not to provide them for free to everyone. They've never been shown on the website as being included free with orders. Why not wait for Trevor's reply to Buzz before getting all worked up?
Well, if they really did tell folks that it would be included free for everyone, then that's what they should do. I'm sure they knew that it would be repeated online, and people would be expecting it.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
it should still be sold at cost mainly because they assured everyone that heat wouldnt be an issue and since buzz says it can get hot after back to back usage. It should be included as being part of the vape pen. Its like not including the battery. Its now essential to the unit.
Is it really essential for the GH? I guess we will find out. Did I miss something?

inuhuion

there's nothing on either the indiegogo site or the official GH site that even mentions the silicone mouthpiece. For the product page for the most expensive model, the color Ti, it says what's included: 1 grasshopper, 1 leather sleeve, 1 magnetic charger. THAT'S IT.
There's no official statement anywhere about the "condoms." Taking just the websites as sources, you couldn't prove they even exist.
Now, having said that, the unofficial communications have mentioned it, and said specifically it'd be free. And Buzz passed on second-hand information indicating we'd get them free.
I think when buzz's review came out and mentioned it was hot, they quickly developed a solution and thought they could afford to give them away but then people started canceling orders and manufacturers started changing quoted prices and now they changed their minds.
I think Hopper Labs are allowed to change their mind on this because there's never been any official, legally-binding kind of promise about them. As far as i can tell, no update or any text on the IGG site or official site even mention the word "silicone," "mouthpiece," "condom," or even "tip."
I don't mind paying the extra $5 for it, it's better than waiting for them to finish the water pipe adaptor.
BUT i do concede that it's kind of a poor decision to renege on his unofficial statement that they'd be included free. Trevor KNOWS that his correspondences with us get posted and shared and are taken as gospel. He knows we're expecting them to be included, free. And to stiff the first recipients is just poopy.

johnnyCanuck

Lol. How recently has it been since ppl were still talking gloom and doom about whether the GH actually exists and how it may very well be vaporware?

Now that everything looks legit (and I'm totally relieved by that), priced rather in expensively for what it can do... We're groaning about whether the company reneged on charging $5 for an additional piece?

I think that's quite amusing.

Mrbinky

Lol. How recently has it been since ppl were still talking gloom and gloom about whether the GH actually exists and how it may very well be vaporware?

Now that everything looks legit (and I'm totally relieved by that), priced rather in expensively for what it can do... We're groaning about whether the company reneged on charging $5 for an additional piece?

I think that's quite amusing.
Whatever. I'm going to Dave and busters.

Things are looking better after that first beer... :p

Last edited:

caves

Living the vape life
God damn, my $150 investment was worth it just so I had a reason to participate in this thread :lol:
Almost wishing I preorded months before I did when you were still arguing about the boxes :rofl:
Some of us have been here since December '13 as well :D
Plenty of ups and downs, it's like a rollercoaster!

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
The extraction difference is minor from one unit to the next when you realize the GH in general is a VERY fast extracting unit, so you may already have problems milking a small load. You will definitely have to start on low temps :) You shouldn't have a problem making .05 last ~4-5 draws, but if you were wanting it to be 10+ you are going to have problems.

Any difference in flavor between the two? In general how would you compare the flavor to Pax2, Ascent or Firefly

Just Justin

hmmmm, they look about the same to me too. So to get 45% more insulation, the insulation that looks different must be a better insulator because they didn't increase the amount of insulation by 45%.........right? Thanks a lot for the photo.

Also, in your Titanium un-boxing, I noticed that your neither of your Grasshoppers have a serial number or GRASSHOPPER labeled on the temp dial. Did they stop doing that?

Bradhend15

All I have to say is I've been waiting for this since December of 2013. I ordered the holiday grasshopper. I have been an avid user for a long ass time and can say that since I've ordered, I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on primo weed thinking everytime - it'll be here this month. It will come - Just to be let down every single bi monthly update. I'm super excited to be finally (hopefully) getting my hands on one of these. It's been a long process, but I think they pulled it off, and the wait is going to be worth it.
Good job, Grasshopper Team, you made it happen, and for that I thank you.
I just hope there's no problems getting it across the border to Canada. Hahaha:goon:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom