The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzo

Too late. Mr. Hand just stepped in and confiscated your pizza and gave it out to the rest of the class. No harm in having a little pizza on OUR time, now is there?
fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-4.jpg

FWIW I'm betting that this pen will burn your herb.
:peace:
You are very sharp Stu, my favourite movie. I wasnt sure if other people would know mr hand. Beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
rizzo,
Reactions: ataxian

geraldus

Why would it not be able? geraldus.. I love how before the re branding everyone was all over this thing and then suddenly It is woe this and woe that.
When something as wonderful-sounding as the grasshopper comes along , it's just human nature to wonder what might be wrong.
I'm going to be among the first to buy one of these , and if I get a true convection vape in a convenient pen size , I'll be happier than a puppy with two tails to wag , glitches or no !

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Agreedo. let's try and stay positive until they give us a reason to doubt them. These guys are trying to build something that the vape market is sorely missing right now IMO: a small, simple, durable convection pen vape for herbs, all wrapped up in a sleek attractive package with some really cool features like physical switches for power and temp, use while charging, etc. The only similar product in the pipeline I can think of is the cera mini, and judging from what I've heard it won't be anywhere near as small, plus who knows when that thing is coming out.
Not to mention that the cera mini is said to be more for the EO cart and not the LL.

AND $99!!!!
$99 for the first adopters on the indiegogo campaign, we still dont know the actual price after the indiegogo campaign is complete and they start selling full retail price!?

If this thing work as as advertised, there's going to be some very nervous portable vape manufacturers out there. :evil:

One of the replys from the engineer I believe that he said "This thing hits harder than my desktop vape"!!
I hope he's talking about a CLOUD or SSV or something hard hitting with thick dense clouds (if you like that kinda stuff), then all other companies will be running back to the lab with there tails between there legs.

I wanted a PNP or Solo to hold me off, but I might just wait for this bad boy, or maybe pick up either solo or PNP and then one of these also!!!!
Any one with both vapes care to PM me which one hits harder , I know solo wins on taste but Iam a high temp kinda guy anyways.

If the grasshopper can milk a tube iam all in lol lol !!!!:mmmm:

Quoted from ZenPen below

heating element was originally unleaded brass, and we stand by our claim that this is perfectly acceptable.
However, due to the revolutionary switch to a convection based heating system, the brass is no longer necessary.
There is only stainless steel in the airpath
Personally I feel that the Grasshopper hits harder then my $250 desktop vape. There would actually be nothing to gain from boosting the power as it is already extremely powerful by desktop standards.

http://grasshoppervape.com/blog/?p=348

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It states 210c (410F) 5 seconds heat up time , and over all about 30 seconds to heat up material.
If they can make that even better its going to be able to medicate you much faster than most vapes.
Charging video is sleek. I really like this thing.

What heat up time are we looking at on the production model?

Very excited, to know what the final :popcorn::cheers::popcorn: run heat up's will be!!!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It states 210c (410F) 5 seconds heat up time , and over all about 30 seconds to heat up material.
If they can make that even better its going to be able to medicate you much faster than most vapes.

Very excited, to know what the final :popcorn::cheers::popcorn: run heat up's will be!!!!

I'm just curious as the "Firefly" is claiming instant vapor and is also convection.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Charging video is sleek. I really like this thing.

I'm just curious as the "Firefly" is claiming instant vapor and is also convection.
Oh, I see!!!

Yeah, have seen the firefly, looks interesting , I still prefer the zenpens form factor but the firefly is sexy.
Now if the firefly hits hard as well then it will be a great contender with its glass bowl.

axakal

There will be simple mistakes, huge ones at times, but if the "Grazenhoppen"("coined it!")

grazenhoppen sounds very dutch to me :) and they certainly have secured their important place in history regarding weed culture. would be a nice tribute and a unique name that carries over the initial name. puts you on top before all the other grasshoppers in search results also. :)

Last edited:

lwien

I just found out about this thing and have not read this thread, but I wanted to tell you guys (if you don't already know) it's been renamed to the grasshopper after a legal dispute over the word zen.

What? The Buddhists copyrighted it? :suspicious:

They can't use Grasshopper either because the Shaolin Monks copyrighted it.

Fuck, is Weedman just yankin' our chain, or what? :)

(now feeling like a total idiot after trying to explain a punchline.....:( )

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
i am very curious as to how this puppy is going to produce anywhere near as much as a desktop. what kind of battery is that anyway?

it will be dissapointing if you have to pull on it for 15-30 secs to get a decent rip.

grokit

well-worn member
i am very curious as to how this puppy is going to produce anywhere near as much as a desktop. what kind of battery is that anyway?

it will be disappointing if you have to pull on it for 15-30 secs to get a decent rip.

It was strictly on a need to know basis, but what the hell I'll spill the beans:
In order to do all of the things claimed, a nuclear isotope will be required. Just a tiny one, nothing to be concerned about and no charging necessary!

Seriously, this all does seem a bit too good to be true at any price, especially at $99/139 or whatever it ends up being. But I'm rooting for it, why not?

Personally, I think grasshopper is okay but I would have preferred wildflower.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It was strictly on a need to know basis, but what the hell I'll spill the beans:
In order to do all of the things claimed, a nuclear isotope will be required. Just a tiny one, nothing to be concerned about and no charging necessary!

Seriously, this all does seem a bit too good to be true at any price, especially at $99/139 or whatever it ends up being. But I'm rooting for it, why not?

Personally, I think grasshopper is okay but I would have preferred wildflower.
Really!
Your going to put TOP SHELF COLAS in this thing?

What about FLAVOR?

No comments by anyone?

Since lunch time Friday no comments about flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom