The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukevh

If the project is really dead it would be cool if they open sourced the plans it was a good idea:science:
That would be really great but I think a lot of effort was put in to this product and nobody would do all that to just disappear even if there was a problem with design or launch troubles I think they would have stated that. The only explanations I can think of is they were bought out or they ran in to serious legal issues

EDIT: also it appears the domain to their website is up for sale. That is not good news for possibility of a relaunch. I have no idea why I was so convinced this product would be successful, since they never provided video proof. I feel kind of foolish but I was really looking forward to this. It appeared to be the solution for the ultimate portable, but I guess any company can make claims like that. I wouldn't even call them a company

darkrom

Great Scott!
The only explanations I can think of is they were bought out or they ran in to serious legal issues

OR...their marketing team was superb and got everyone to believe their wild claims without a single proof of concept, meanwhile their actual R&D (if they ever had one) was unable to create a product that did anything other than smoke the herbs just like every other pen herb vape.

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Zen's last post was the Oct 16th, last 'seen' on the site Oct 22...

Dangus,

GreenRoom

And that last post promised a relaunch when 'all will be revealed.' I'm still hopeful but my emotions can't take any more teasing. I feel empty inside.

GreenRoom,

grokit

well-worn member
If this thing is somehow legit, perhaps big money needed to get involved to leverage the international marketplace. With all of the potential decriminalization scenarios we could be talking major bucks here.

Anyways these kind of venture capital and international licensing rights/patent negotiations don't happen overnight.
As long as we're speculating:popcorn:

darkrom

Great Scott!
Where I come from we like to show people the product before they buy it. At least a video. They were trying to fund a lot of money for something that was never seen, while postponing (indefinitely) all questions about how it was different from all the other combusting pens. Its just not good business to say "pay now and then I'll show you later, just trust me."

I wanted it as much as the next guy, but had a feeling it was too good to be true. That feeling was made worse when they refused to show ANYTHING about the product, or provide any substantial information at any point.

gvape

I find it hard to believe that they just upped and left after everything that they had built up. What would have been the point. I did a little research and it doesnt seem that the domain was sold. It says its owned by Bird Aerospace... lol?

http://whois.net/whois/zenpenvapor.com

I have a feeling this is part of the relaunch and they will be back shortly, but hey I could be wrong, just my opinion on the situation. Hope for the best and expect the worst :D

Lukevh

Where I come from we like to show people the product before they buy it. At least a video. They were trying to fund a lot of money for something that was never seen, while postponing (indefinitely) all questions about how it was different from all the other combusting pens. Its just not good business to say "pay now and then I'll show you later, just trust me."

I wanted it as much as the next guy, but had a feeling it was too good to be true. That feeling was made worse when they refused to show ANYTHING about the product, or provide any substantial information at any point.
Well they technically never asked anyone for money. They said they would be crowd funding and would release a video before they launched the campaign. At least they never took anyone's money

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Kickstarter campaigns have an acceptance procedure to go through and oftentimes it requires the startup to go back and clean up their marketing, etc. (in the case of cannabis related items). Also, if they have a legal team, it wouldn't be the first time a startup was told to limit their participation here until things shake out.

Just my :2c: since technically zenpen has done nothing more here than be a week late in an announcement. I think this is par for the course and we should all get used to it as crowdfunding becomes more viable.

stickstones,
Reactions: axakal

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
@stickstones that makes the most sense. These guys seem like really intelligent fellows so they are probably just covering their bases.

honorface,

°k

The sound of vapor
Kickstarter campaigns have an acceptance procedure to go through and oftentimes it requires the startup to go back and clean up their marketing, etc. (in the case of cannabis related items). Also, if they have a legal team, it wouldn't be the first time a startup was told to limit their participation here until things shake out.

Just my :2c: since technically zenpen has done nothing more here than be a week late in an announcement. I think this is par for the course and we should all get used to it as crowdfunding becomes more viable.
@stickstones that makes the most sense. These guys seem like really intelligent fellows so they are probably just covering their bases.
May you two gentlemen be right. One thing though, the @Zenpen rep said their FB account was hacked right? Hence the reason why they took it down, also limiting your participation on a forum can/should be announced especially when delay after delay you tell people than an update is coming up during the following week, don't you think?

°k,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
not if they were told to stay away for a bit. I'm speculating as much as the next guy, but posting here won't help your cause if you are trying to show your product that needs funding is not primarily a device for cannabis. This has happened before and may well be happening now.

°k

The sound of vapor
not if they were told to stay away for a bit. I'm speculating as much as the next guy, but posting here won't help your cause if you are trying to show your product that needs funding is not primarily a device for cannabis. This has happened before and may well be happening now.
This is one very valid point you have here sir! Let's close this thread and start a new one with a codename! :ninja:

Edit: if it's the case avoiding vaping forums is not gonna help them getting backers though. :\

°k,

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
no point in backers if kickstarter or indiegogo won't let you make a project...

honorface,

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Hmm I wonder how Vapexhale and Loto Labs were able to advertise their IGG campaigns here? There's been Kickstarter campaigns who gave Vape Brothers Dabbler Pens as prizes. IMO people shouldn't have to dream of ways that the company may still be in business, even if it's not communicated here. Twitter is free, takes less than 1 minute, and is still sitting there waiting to be used. :shrug:

I guess we'll see, I'm obviously interested or I wouldn't have checked the thread but any enthusiasm I had for these guys is continually going to the wayside.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
if I'm right, it should only effect them during setup and approval. Once it gets approved they can start promoting anywhere. But again, this is just speculation and not worth getting deep into. we'll all know soon enough.

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
Since were speculating and this will more then likely turn into the Zen Pen Nonsense thread when/if these guys come back, I'll throw my :2c: in.

When these guys first launched their marketing I googled ZenPen and found These.

I thought to myself, well that's grounds for a cease and desist letter....

Maybe I was right. It happened once. :nod:

Maybe we should start an "If Zen pen had to have a new name what should it be thread!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom