Discontinued The Grasshopper

Deano

Have shipping times improved any?

Currently their site shows any orders placed today should ship in April. I'm just curious how realistic that is based on past complaints from those who preordered.

Considering the gh or pax2. I have a friend selling a pax2 for $150 which is a steal. With it being the same price as a gh what would you guys do?

I mainly focus on flavor, smooth vapor that's not harsh, and draw resistance. I don't want anything as restrictive as the Air. I think my Crafty has spoiled me with the air flow.

Deano,
Reactions: Thcgos

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart

Currently their site shows any orders placed today should ship in April. I'm just curious how realistic that is based on past complaints from those who preordered.

Considering the gh or pax2. I have a friend selling a pax2 for $150 which is a steal. With it being the same price as a gh what would you guys do?

I mainly focus on flavor, smooth vapor that's not harsh, and draw resistance. I don't want anything as restrictive as the Air. I think my Crafty has spoiled me with the air flow.

Pick up that Pax2 if you definitely want something now. If you want to be left wondering when your gh might show up with no real good update until they send you an address confirmation, place a gh pre-order.

Mr. Me2

Have you tried your friends pax 2? If you have and you like it, I think you should buy it. I think it may be a stretch that you would get your gh anytime in April. So the pax can tide you over until the gh is readily available.

The pax 2 is a sipper, and much more restrictive than the Crafty. It's taste drops as you approach the end of a session. I don't have my gh yet, but the flavor is supposed to be great, though warm. It's a conduction v. convection consideration, plus your need for a new toy, I think.

Deano

Sounds like people are still waiting months after orders are placed. That's unfortunate.

Is the pax comparable to the Air or Imag + in terms of resistance?

Deano,

Kasish

Perfectly normal. That's just the heater doing it's thing. You'll probably also hear it speed up as you inhale, still normal.

Also, just an update on my hopper.

So I had one for about 5 months when the body gave out. I had a really annoying experience with customer service and got a hopper that originally seemed to be defective because it wasn't heating up quickly and it seemed like all of the temps were on the low side. Well...all the problems literally just went away on their own. I can't explain it, but all of a sudden it's working perfectly. Idk. I'm done trying to figure this thing out. It gets me stoned? Good.
The same exact thing happened to me after a couple of charges i had the same slow heat time now its around 4-6sec.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
I was watching my Nitecore D4 charge and saw that it uses 750mA if the cell is heavily depleted initially, and gradually reduces the charging power as it charges. So I was wondering if I could manually choose to charge at a lower rate, and to my surprise, Low Current Charging was built into the D4.

In low current charging mode it charges at 300mA all the way to capacity. You have to set it every time you place a battery in for a charge, but I am hoping to see somewhat better performance.. we will see.

tubasco

No more hot lips.
I bought a MFLB orbiter a couple months back, and I put the stems from the whips aside.
When you posted that the stem fits perfectly in the hoppers session extender I thought I'd get the stems out and look at them.
I always assumed they're plastic, due to their size and weight...but you had me second guessing.
I held a lighter to it for a second, and it melted.
I would NOT use the MFLB stems as a mouthpiece for the hopper, unless you don't mind plastic leaching into your vapor from the intense heat.

btka

I bought a MFLB orbiter a couple months back, and I put the stems from the whips aside.
When you posted that the stem fits perfectly in the hoppers session extender I thought I'd get the stems out and look at them.
I always assumed they're plastic, due to their size and weight...but you had me second guessing.
I would NOT use the MFLB stems as a mouthpiece for the hopper, unless you don't mind plastic leaching into your vapor from the intense heat.
there are acrylic and glass mflb stems...
http://sales.magic-flight.com/glass-stem/

Mr. Me2

Sounds like people are still waiting months after orders are placed. That's unfortunate.

Is the pax comparable to the Air or Imag + in terms of resistance?
I can't help you with that comparison. I'm sure that other here can chime in. A better place to ask is in the pax2 thread.

Mr. Me2,

osolx26

No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member.
I'm sorry, but that's just so stupid on so many levels. The grasshopper doesn't get anywhere near as hot as an open flame. A standard butane lighter flame burns at around 3500 F or 1927 C (google it), with some variance depending on the environment. The hottest a hopper can get is 410 F, or 210 C. I'm sure the stems are perfectly fine because they're designed for use with vaporizers, which operate at relatively low temperatures, and not with open flames.

Last edited:
osolx26,
Reactions: Eleaf420

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@Deano I have a Pax2 and it is just as restrictive as the Solo IMO. I don't mind it since my Solo was my go to vape for the last four years. The GH is not restrictive unless you grind it too fine, it tends to get stuck on the screen and that causes it.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: Thcgos

I.b.vaping

IRoMx6h.jpg

Found the divinci ascent mouthpiece fits real nice without stretching the rubber, nice tasty smoother hits

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
You can buy Magic Flyte stems that are acrylic, wood (several flavors), or glass. Sounds like you got an acrylic one there.

Vaperist

i would order Hopper and continue to vape on Crafty while waiting. Pax2 is a crap in my opinion. vapor quality is OK. but that hustle to clean it is a nightmare!!! no worth it. my lazy, stoned ass can put pieces in ISO bath for cleaning. anything more to do is NO GO. i gave away my Pax2 to a friend after a month of use.

bay ze way, now there are Arizer Solo stems with tranches in da glass which increase airflow significantly. i got Easy Flow stems and i love them!!!

Last edited:

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Perfectly normal. That's just the heater doing it's thing. You'll probably also hear it speed up as you inhale, still normal.

Also, just an update on my hopper.

So I had one for about 5 months when the body gave out. I had a really annoying experience with customer service and got a hopper that originally seemed to be defective because it wasn't heating up quickly and it seemed like all of the temps were on the low side. Well...all the problems literally just went away on their own. I can't explain it, but all of a sudden it's working perfectly. Idk. I'm done trying to figure this thing out. It gets me stoned? Good.

This happened to me for a bit. I sent in my body which was having a problem and when they received it there were no issues. It came back to me and for 2 weeks it was perfect again, but the body eventually did go full kaput and they replaced it.

Eleaf420

I highly doubt the heat would even be close to leaching it. Your not combusting here. The heater is at least three inches from it and your drawing air through it. You put a direct flame on it. My stem doesn't even get warm. I just checked and mine are glass stems. I dropped my original one I got with my Mflb in my bathroom sink and it shattered.

http://sales.magic-flight.com/glass-stem/

Also here is a link to the one you have which is acrylic and they are heat resistant. Maybe not flame resistant.

http://sales.magic-flight.com/acrylic-stem/

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

i would order Hopper and continue to vape on Crafty while waiting. Pax2 is a crap in my opinion. vapor quality is OK. but that hustle to clean it is a nightmare!!! no worth it. my lazy, stoned ass can put pieces in ISO bath for cleaning. anything more to do is NO GO. i gave away my Pax2 to a friend after a month of use.

bay ze way, now there are Arizer Solo stems with tranches in da glass which increase airflow significantly. i got Easy Flow stems and i love them!!!
Interesting perspective, @Vaperist. I find the cu cleaning of the Crafty more of a pain than the cleaning of the pax2. For me, cu maintenance is the biggest drawback of the Crafty. Now if you were talking about cleaning of the pax1, I would agree with you...

I really like hearing other people's perspectives here.

Mr. Me2,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've slowly melted almost all my acrylic stems from MFLB, when using the UFO and bottle rocket I noticed my UD and a couple other vapes melted the stem. The GrassHopper I've connected to the acrylic and it didn't seem to melt. But it's not as wide of diameter like the UD gong stem.

Last edited:

osolx26

I've slowly melted almost all my acrylic stems from MFLB, when using the UFO and bottle rocket I noticed my UD and a couple other vapes melted the stem. The GrassHopper I've connected to the acrylic and it didn't seem to melt. But it's not as wide of diameter like the UD gong stem.
I don't know enough about the UD to comment on it. My main point was that putting an open flame to something and seeing how it reacts and then claiming it can't be used on the grasshopper because of it's reaction to an open flame, which is about 9 times hotter than the grasshopper, isn't exactly a valid argument. It's very possible that it shouldn't be used with the grasshopper, but taking it's reaction to a 3500 degree flame and using that as proof for it's reaction to a 400 degree grasshopper is like comparing apples to oranges. Show that the stems have a problem at 450 degrees and I'll say ok, but 3500? Obviously something that's meant to be heat resistant, not flame resistant, isn't going to be flame resistant.

osolx26,

Vaperist

Interesting perspective, @Vaperist. I find the cu cleaning of the Crafty more of a pain than the cleaning of the pax2. For me, cu maintenance is the biggest drawback of the Crafty. Now if you were talking about cleaning of the pax1, I would agree with you...

I really like hearing other people's perspectives here.

you cant damp whole Pax2 thing in da ISO bath, can you? maybe there is a method how to clean it easy. i just didn't bothered to try to find it out. i better torch up those Arizer stems and clean right into my lungs. :brow: then ISO treatment or dishwasher. that is all what lazy stoner what to do. :rockon:

Vaperist,
Top Bottom