Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Well ... still have my Ti and SS hopped that I’ve spent hundreds of dollars in shipping on for warranty service that accomplished nothing ... but maybe it’s worth throwing another $25 in shipping at it ... maybe worth trying a warranty claim again after them sitting in a drawer unused for 1-2 years (I’ve lost track of the time ... :lol: )
Tough call to make and it depends on your risk and monetary comfort level. I feel sorry for you and others who’ve done the back-and-forth thing several times, possibly overseas too, without much success. Also the RMA wait is still fairly long but that likely doesn’t matter to you at this point. Again, tough call and depending if you have other vapes it may help you make a decision.

If I had a stable of vapes (which I don’t, just a few), I’d likely give up if money and hassle were an issue. If not, it’s short money now and potentially a decent wait for RMA. I can tell you my year-long RMA wait was worth it but I didn’t spend tons of money or attempts shipping back-and-forth - just once.

And yes, my pre-order Ti continues to work well. I’m thankful the new batts arrived last week as my remaining previous ones are almost dead.:peace:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well ... still have my Ti and SS hopped that I’ve spent hundreds of dollars in shipping on for warranty service that accomplished nothing ... but maybe it’s worth throwing another $25 in shipping at it ... maybe worth trying a warranty claim again after them sitting in a drawer unused for 1-2 years (I’ve lost track of the time ... :lol: )

Please send them in. Open a warranty request and also send me a PM with your Grasshopper account email. We will get them working great for you.

Baron23

So I got four new batteries. One of them is flaky and defective. It shows as an open when put in my Nitecore but after fiddling and fiddling with it it finally registered as being in the charger.

But, it won't charge about about 4.12 v and full IME is 4.2 or there abouts.

It was in the charger for hours and went from about 4.10 to about 4.12 and that's all I could get it to hold.

I did open a ticket with Hopper but really don't know if batteries are warranted at all.

Not a big deal.

My OG Bronze Ti that finally was successfully restored to proper operation is a pure joy to use.

The other Bronze Ti, well....I don't use it because it runs too cool so I think when I get back from a trip I have planned this week that I will send it back yet once more and see if they can get it working right at last.

slozukimc

So I got four new batteries. One of them is flaky and defective. It shows as an open when put in my Nitecore but after fiddling and fiddling with it it finally registered as being in the charger.

It was in the charger for hours and went from about 4.10 to about 4.12 and that's all I could get it to hold.

I did open a ticket with Hopper but really don't know if batteries are warranted at all.

Not a big deal.

My OG Bronze Ti that finally was successfully restored to proper operation is a pure joy to use.

The other Bronze Ti, well....I don't use it because it runs too cool so I think when I get back from a trip I have planned this week that I will send it back yet once more and see if they can get it working right at last.
I recall something about batteries being warrantied for a certain number of days after receipt.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Not a big deal.

We will replace it free of charge.

Baron23

We will replace it free of charge.
Thanks so much. I opened the RMA and the ref # is 51703075

Like I said, not a big deal. Shit happens.

And, still loving my one good working GH....its operating wonderfully and there is nothing like a proper operating GH. Great vape and I'm hopeful that Hopper's presence in the community is a sign of them truly turning this around producing good reliable and repairable vapes. The performance of a good GH is really without parallel in a small portable, IMO.

I still think the life time warranty, while I understand the tactic as part of a start-ups plan, is really not feasible in the long term.

Personally, if I get three years out of a portable vape, I would think I got more than my money's worth.

Cheers

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Hopper Labs, good morning. Can you tell me, in general terms, how soon my warranty request from Nov. '18 (for a replacement ss body) might be fulfilled?
Are you folks still at a year+ backlog for most warranty work?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sounds like it has a lot of power in reserve @Mr Mellish, how is it with rosin, anyone?
I've used a recently repaired Hopper+ new battery with wax folded into some cotton, high temp/pfe/in-line bubbler. It works quite well, but my experience with these concentrates is not very extensive.
For flower use, native I do use a silicone mp and like @Mr Mellish I've lowered the dial's settings (often below 3) compared to other Hoppers I've used.

nonamekevin

Could someone comment on the new GHs and how well they are currently functioning? I haven't followed this thread too much, but it seems like the latest GH are doing good?

This vape checks a lot of boxes for me as I'm looking for a portable, but for the price, I need to have confidence that it will be reliable and consistent.

Mr Mellish

Could someone comment on the new GHs and how well they are currently functioning? I haven't followed this thread too much, but it seems like the latest GH are doing good?

This vape checks a lot of boxes for me as I'm looking for a portable, but for the price, I need to have confidence that it will be reliable and consistent.

I've only had a few attempts on the new one, so I'm afraid to be too over the top. For me, it's kicking ass. I have a PFE that I'm jamming a condom (silicone mouthpiece) onto. Being somewhat "smoke averse," I'm not sure I can go above 3.5 yet and I have not yet tried the PFE without the condom. My ultimate goal, if I can get time alone, is to compare standard mouthpiece to PFE and see what differences I notice. This could be a long-term project, since no one ever leaves la casa.

slozukimc

Well I am sad to say that my new dark grey Hopper is starting to get finicky. It doesn’t seem to want to power on when set at certain temps. It doesn’t want to work at 3 where I have been using it a lot but continues to rock on at 4 and up.
So, I will continue to use it until I get my other Ti model back from RMA. I am sad.

Mr. Me2

Like @Mr Mellish , mine is too new to talk about reliability, but so far so great. This is a truly unique vape.

aero_0Ftime

my first post. please be gentle:leaf:thank you
is it common for the HT GH heat-treated GrassHopper to come and go from the official buy site? is it coming back? and if so, approximately when? I do understand it's a limited item with low quantities. I had one in my shopping cart less than a week ago, so I figured it would be easy to snag one whenever, but then I had browser issues so I couldn't complete checkout, then it was already unavailable about 20 minutes later, and ever since then it has been unavailable.

Hoey420

Hello hopperheads :) what's going on at hopper labs?? I bought 1 ss and some batteries on the 30th didn't bother to check the shipping status til the 1st of November to my amazement it said "shipped "

The box is already here on the 7th and I am in Australia and paid only $22.33 USD for shipping. Thank you hopper labs.

I've already own 3 hoppers, 1 ss and 1 ti were preordered in 2015 then preordered another ss in 2018.

Since I got my preordered hoppers in 2016 and ever since I am always having a working hopper or two. Lucky me :)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
better for health than stainless steel, for whatever it's worth
How so? Unless you have particular allergies or conditions adverse to stainless steel? The main difference is weight and heat retention from what I understand after several years (I have a pre-order Ti and considered a SS but went with a Ti for the heat retention or lack thereof compared to SS). :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
my first post. please be gentle:leaf:thank you
is it common for the HT GH heat-treated GrassHopper to come and go from the official buy site? is it coming back? and if so, approximately when? I do understand it's a limited item with low quantities. I had one in my shopping cart less than a week ago, so I figured it would be easy to snag one whenever, but then I had browser issues so I couldn't complete checkout, then it was already unavailable about 20 minutes later, and ever since then it has been unavailable.
Welcome to the forum!
EDIT; After writing what's below, I went for kicks to HL site and tried to put a HT in my cart and it would not go! So, it's hard to say available in 1 day and yet not be able to order one!
HT Hoppers say available in 1 day. (I suggest taking that with requisite grain of salt)
HL used to offer photos of each individual HT Hopper and buyer could select a specific piece. That seems to have ended, but site does say HT's are available.
Maybe hope for a black friday sale?
In my understanding, in this instance 'HT' stands for heat-treated. Titanium is assumed, since that's the only material they do it to.

slozukimc

Welcome to the forum!
EDIT; After writing what's below, I went for kicks to HL site and tried to put a HT in my cart and it would not go! So, it's hard to say available in 1 day and yet not be able to order one!
HT Hoppers say available in 1 day. (I suggest taking that with requisite grain of salt)
HL used to offer photos of each individual HT Hopper and buyer could select a specific piece. That seems to have ended, but site does say HT's are available.
Maybe hope for a black friday sale?
In my understanding, in this instance 'HT' stands for heat-treated. Titanium is assumed, since that's the only material they do it to.
I believe they said the Ti, SS and Dark grey versions ship in one day with a lead time on the other varieties.

Top Bottom