Discontinued The Grasshopper

ktmstick

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/m.wikihow.com/Catch-a-Grasshopper?amp=1

For some insane reason i bought my brothers two tt hoppers off him in a stoned haze last night, two spare tt`s for backup is the minimum required right lol?
anyhow i messaged the lovely Caroline over at hopper labs and she is going to tag them onto my current hopper account for a fee of $45, so with the charger the ss case and the warranty thats me me $150 dollars down (plus the cost of the two tt`s).
i think i may have a hopper problem....

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Can't wait to get my hopper back with the PFE with it to see if it actually fits my foldable pipe or bought for 4 buck for mating with hopper
hornet-design-metal-pipe-twister-brass-and.jpg

I been using it for couple of months just with the silicon tip pressed against it, really hoping that this will make it a one-handed operation

This big block of metal gives great cold hits, can be screwed open with an hex key for cleaning, has a tiny stash or avb compartment and I manage to fit a tiny screen inside the pipe and a tiny bit of organic cotton
Gives me pretty decent huge rips

In my eyes the PFE is going to be a key in finding the ultimate mouthpiece extender on hopper

Vapor_Tomahawk

Is the Grasshopper still the same as a year ago, or has it been improved somehow?
And if there have been improvements, what has been changed?

Idk, but I've had to send mine in 2 times in 6 months and it just died for the third time. It's great when it works but it isn't reliable at all and I'm not sure how they can stay in business much longer? I have a FF2, DynaVap and RBT Milaana. The Milaana is my go to and the other 2 are reliable fantastic vapes as well.

Poostuff

Please delete
I thought we were supposed to be able to use the hopper while charging now but maybe I got that wrong.

I usually use an external but thought I’d slap it on the stock charger & turn it on to see if it helped with the blinking blue lights.

When I switched it on while connected & charging it looks like it’s killed the stock charger.

Of course I had to be sure of this so I tried it on my other charger & killed both. Smooth move lol.

I can clearly see blue under my screen where the heater is so from what I’m reading here mine has been updated but it’s still not working great. Still getting flashing blue during draw & warm to hot back end occasionally. Vapor production is ok but I’ve seen better. I haven’t been using it a great deal but I find when it works well I tend to reach for it more.

I have been getting some nice flavours on this new unit so the Hopper is obviously capable of that but I think it must get some build up over time that interferes & spoils the taste.

Is anyone else able to charge while using or did I stuff that one up?

biohacker

Yeah man I never had any issues ever using mine while charging. Based on your other feedback, to me it almost sounds like you may need another RMA.

One issue I never had with numerous multiple hoppers is the charger crapping out, with both the OG version, as well as the newer.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
@Poostuff I killed my charger the same way

Have you tried cleaning the backend threads with something like a stiff brush, ISO and sticky tack?

I use all regularly and really brings back the performance, I start with stickytack and press and roll it around the threads, then use an little shaving machine brush I cut the hair downs on for getting hard spots and then finish with ISO

Only way I know to fix hot backend and poor performance
butt%20lifter.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I thought we were supposed to be able to use the hopper while charging now but maybe I got that wrong.

I usually use an external but thought I’d slap it on the stock charger & turn it on to see if it helped with the blinking blue lights.

When I switched it on while connected & charging it looks like it’s killed the stock charger.

Of course I had to be sure of this so I tried it on my other charger & killed both. Smooth move lol.

I can clearly see blue under my screen where the heater is so from what I’m reading here mine has been updated but it’s still not working great. Still getting flashing blue during draw & warm to hot back end occasionally. Vapor production is ok but I’ve seen better. I haven’t been using it a great deal but I find when it works well I tend to reach for it more.

I have been getting some nice flavours on this new unit so the Hopper is obviously capable of that but I think it must get some build up over time that interferes & spoils the taste.

Yes, it's supposed to be able to be used while plugged in. But it's not a pass-thru charge, so you will still run the battery down pretty soon.
Sorry if I'm repetitve with this suggestion; have you tried unplugging the usb end of charger from power source (or adapter) and re-plugging? This can correct what seems like a failure situation.

steviekool

I know this post is going to totally jinx me but whatever.

I must have hit the vape lottery with my grasshoppers. I have a bronze titanium I bought first like a year ago, then added a stainless steel shortly after, then when the sales where happening for the HT's I added one of those also.

3 hoppers. And...........never a single issue with any of them. "Just jinxed it lol"

I use them often, rotate each one maybe every 4-5 days. In between I use my dynavaps here and there, and for special occasions I use my sticky brick junior. Each one seems a little quirky versus the other, "my HT is ready in super quick time, like half the time of the other 2, the stainless has the biggest clouds, and my bronze gets the hottest of them all", but all 3 have been flawlessly working for a long time.

Time to buy some lottery tickets huh?

Or maybe just preorder the battery charger or the steel case or something, lol

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Here's the pic of the leather sleeve that I bought off Amazon. It's from a company called Lanier it was from here in the U.S it looked like it was shipped from Los Vegas. It will work, only cost me $12 plus free shipping.
I'm sure the leather sleeves that come from HL probably has an exact fit but this one will work fine.

My Grasshopper is still hopping along - 3 whole days!

Edit
That's right @fogbank the whole hopper will fit inside the sleeve fully covered. I just wanted everyone to know the GH was inside. The metal clip on the GH is too low to have it clipped to the outside of the sleeve.
  • NMBO4lh.jpg
It fits like a glove!

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive

I must have hit the vape lottery with my grasshoppers. I have a bronze titanium I bought first like a year ago, then added a stainless steel shortly after, then when the sales where happening for the HT's I added one of those also.

3 hoppers. And...........never a single issue with any of them. "Just jinxed it lol"

I use them often, rotate each one maybe every 4-5 days. In between I use my dynavaps here and there, and for special occasions I use my sticky brick junior. Each one seems a little quirky versus the other, "my HT is ready in super quick time, like half the time of the other 2, the stainless has the biggest clouds, and my bronze gets the hottest of them all", but all 3 have been flawlessly working for a long time.

Ah a haha

Check out my posts like uhmm... 10 pages back talking about my one year champion Grasshopper out living everyone :razz:
Then go like 2 pages forward from that where I announce the fall off the champion as it's dead and heading back to hopper labs :rolleyes:

Well at least you got 3 :tup:

So which is your favorite?
Y9Wqy.gif

steviekool

Hmm. My favorite. I think my favorite to be honest is the stainless one. Maybe it's the weight of it, just feels more solid then the others. The clicker seems more "robust" in its clicking, and the battery goes just a little bit extra.

HT would be second, and the bronze titanium runs third. Probably not fair as that is the only one I don't have the performance front end on it, and it really shows it's shortcomings with the regular front end.

I should probably buy a PFE for it, but didn't jist to give this one its own personality.

almost there

Hell, u should be president.

fogbank

Here's the pic of the leather sleeve that I bought off Amazon. It's from a company called Lanier it was from here in the U.S it looked like it was shipped from Los Vegas. It will work, only cost me $12 plus free shipping.
I'm sure the leather sleeves that come from HL probably has an exact fit but this one will work fine.

Same sleeves that I have (one tan and one black).

I should point out to others considering this sleeve that your picture does not show the Hopper fully inserted in the sleeve. Looking at the picture may give the impression that the Hopper is not completely covered by the sleeve (i.e. clicker sticking out).

The Hopper can be fully inserted in the sleeve, leaving none of it protruding.

JoeMama

My Grasshopper is still hopping along - 3 whole days!

Edit
That's right @fogbank the whole hopper will fit inside the sleeve fully covered. I just wanted everyone to know the GH was inside. The metal clip on the GH is too low to have it clipped to the outside of the sleeve.
  • NMBO4lh.jpg
It fits like a glove!

Yes, CarolKing, this a great sleeve. It does fit the Hopper well, I agree, by doing exactly what I've heard some not like about it: It covers the whole unit, right up to the clicker. And why not? It doesn't take any appreciable "force" to pull it out; it's snug and you have to pull, but it's certainly not something to be concerned about as far as how that effects the backend, IMO.

Same sleeves that I have (one tan and one black).

I should point out to others considering this sleeve that your picture does not show the Hopper fully inserted in the sleeve. Looking at the picture may give the impression that the Hopper is not completely covered by the sleeve (i.e. clicker sticking out).

The Hopper can be fully inserted in the sleeve, leaving none of it protruding.

What he said. :nod:

New Topic:

Okay, be honest... How many of you that own and use the PFE have accidentally poured herb into the top of it while it was still screwed on the body?

Come on, I can't be the only one. :cool:

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Yes, CarolKing, this a great sleeve. It does fit the Hopper well, I agree, by doing exactly what I've heard some not like about it: It covers the whole unit, right up to the clicker. And why not? It doesn't take any appreciable "force" to pull it out; it's snug and you have to pull, but it's certainly not something to be concerned about as far as how that effects the backend, IMO.

New Topic:

Okay, be honest... How many of you that own and use the PFE have accidentally poured herb into the top of it while it was still screwed on the body?

I know I've done it at least once...

biohacker

Realized I passed my 1 year anniversary with my GH and it still has never seen a warranty service. I am the second owner so she's been alive for well over a year now. Keep on going Ti, just keep on going!

How is your buddies (that I sold) holding up? Still haven't been requested for the warranty transfer so must be good to go. What's his usage pattern like?

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

That's a lot of hoppers. I'm glad there all working out for you. Currently I'm stuck in school, thinking about mine. I had three at one point and sold the Bronze one off. Now I have a purple Ti and Ann SS. My Ti has a wider range of temperatures, or not. I can get vapor at the first setting, where on my SS I have to start at 2.5 to get visible vapor. I haven't had issues with mine except the SS which I bought with issues. I RMA'd it once and after it's been chugging along. Good luck with yours as well. I hope we both didn't jinx ourselves.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

New Topic:

I've done it way more times than I'd like to admit, each time carefuel using my little @Ratchett funnel.
D'oh!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

New Topic:

Never done that. I need to get more high. I actually have a low tolerance now but I guess I'm not getting as high as you lol

JCat

Accessory Maker

New Topic:

Just the once ... which is impressive considering how many times I load it in any given day! (the one time I did it I had a good laugh at myself ... out loud ... my wife gave me a funny look so I explained what was so funny ... she just shook her head ... :lol:) These are also just the types of things I do normally ... you know ... put the ice cream away in the fridge, go downstairs 3 times to get something specific, get distracted, and not once come back up with said item, I could go on ... and my son's just as bad! :lol:

Poostuff

Please delete
I’m too lazy to work out mouldy quotes but I think you’re right @biohacker it may have to go back but I’ll probably put it off for a while.

Thanks @vapviking I’ve definitely tried all the known fixes including unplugging from the charger end while connected to the GH.
That worked a while back on one of my other units & was the only way it would charge.

@Hjalmark the threads are a bit gritty but as this one is a new unit I’m not sure why the backends would need a clean but it can’t hurt so I’ll try that tonight cheers.
Also those hot backends you posted look like they’d perform well but I’d make sure they’re clean before using.

Top Bottom