Discontinued The Grasshopper

GrandWazoo

IMO replaceable batteries are absolutely a must for portable vaporizers . Got a Da Vinci , which was a good one , loved it, but now after an year of honest job the battery is out. So , there are some instruction on how to do in the net , but it's not simple. I like best the GH for many reasons , but the most important one's that after some use I have to change batteries and not the vapo itself. It could be better if batteries would be standard ones . With my subohm tank I can buy batteries anywhere , with the GH I have to buy them from USA to Europe , and that's a problem . So if I didn't buy the GH , probably my choice was the Arizer Air.

ashinybox

So now I can do this!
Unneccessary overkill for sure.
But what the heck!
It's Saturday!!!

5JzycPA.jpg

You madman! :o

nonbeliever

It's been some time since I posted last. Early bird SS and TI.

The GH is my daily driver, and it gets heavy use pretty much 4.5 to 5 on the temp scale, all day, everyday. It's used mostly by myself, but occasionally the spouse will join. I use an external charger, (I keep/use their original charger in the car) and rotate among 4 batteries. The newer batteries are much better than the original, older batteries I have found. The TI is my primary unit, the SS has become my backup for RMA periods. The SS is much warmer than the TI to use. I've had a number of RMA's - Customer service has been great, though it'd be more fun to have a bit less interaction with them over RMAs. I've definitely noticed an improvement (there was an streak at the beginning where I had a lot of RMAs pretty quickly), the last few have lasted a good while.

Even with the RMA's, I'm still a huge fan. Big quick hits is how I like to smoke, and the GH is still the best device I've found for my smoking style (I don't use glass). It's really changed the way I partake.

Last edited:

btka

My Ti PFE arrived ahead of schedule!
It is a little different from the SS version.
It is not the best photo, the SS on the right (and yes in need of a cleaning, has a silicone (I'm guessing) gasket or ring or something, just like the stock mouthpiece, on the inside by the screen.
The Ti one, maybe a little clearer, has,a metal ring (Ti too I would guess) holding the screen in place.

I've been happy with the SS PFE, I stopped using the stock mouthpiece, so I'm looking to having the Ti mouthpiece for my Ti unit.

I'm fixin to fire it up here in a minute!

GRo4Z5Z.jpg
my ss pfe does not have a silicon ring holding themscreen... my screen is hold by a metal ring (like your ti pfe)... are you sure it is not metal? can you take a better picture (maybe clean your pfe)...

does somebody else have a "silicone ring" holding there screen in the pfe...

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
It's been some time since I posted last. Early bird SS and TI.

The GH is my daily driver, and it gets heavy use pretty much 4.5 to 5 on the temp scale, all day, everyday. It's used mostly by myself, but occasionally the spouse will join. I use an external charger, (I keep/use their original charger in the car) and rotate among 4 batteries. The newer batteries are much better than the original, older batteries I have found. The TI is my primary unit, the SS has become my backup for RMA periods. The SS is much warmer than the TI to use. I've had a number of RMA's - Customer service has been great, though it'd be more fun to have a bit less interaction with them over RMAs. I've definitely noticed an improvement (there was an streak at the beginning where I had a lot of RMAs pretty quickly), the last few have lasted a good while.

Even with the RMA's, I'm still a huge fan. Big quick hits is how I like to smoke, and the GH is still the best device I've found for my smoking style (I don't use glass). It's really changed the way I partake.

Nice post! I think something those considering which vape is best for them should consider is the grasshopper is designed and intended to be a "personal" vaporizer. It's not to say that you can't session it and pass it around, it IS to say that usage is suboptimal.

Folks complaints about mouthpiece heat in a session should be taken in their context which is, it's not it's primary use.

The grasshopper has changed my consumption style too. The best however is like on Friday when I was at a BBQ and a few people had grasshopppers.

Everyone could consume at their place, no, it's time to get high so everyone stop what your doing and get in a circle.

Everyone could consume when they wanted to, whichever strain they wanted to there was no one talking waaay too much or melted into a pudddle in the corner.

The analogy I make is beer. When I go out for a beer with you, we both get our own beer and drink at our own pace. The idea that cannabis should be consumed everyone at the same time, everyone the same strain and everyone put their mouth on the same thing is a hangover of prohibition. Think of anything else people do socially, sure people will try each other's meal or drink, but mostly have their own.

The grasshopper is definitely a personal vape. After about 2 years with my grasshopper, I find now all my vapes are "personal". Even my davinci, I'll just have a 10 minute session by myself and if someone else is over and wants to vape at the same time, I hand them my pax2 and let the, have the whole thing.

Sharing is caring for sure, the best way to share a grasshopper, or in my increasing opinion, any vape is to finish the cannabis that's in there, repack it then pass it to a friend ... or even better, send your friend a link to the hopper website so they just have their own!

Shieldsab

When I bought an FW4 a few months ago, I put the GH away. Recently, the capsules airflow has been restricted, so I threw them in iso for a clean. While doing that, I started using the GH again, and decided to keep using it as the daily driver until the GH's MP got too clogged to use. It's still working just like it did when I first got it last October.

Overall I prefer the FW4, because the batteries last longer and I can both tell exactly how much battery I have left and know exactly where I'm setting the temperature. But the GH definitely extracts faster and is better for stealth situations. Also much easier to load on the go because of the funnel I have.

JCat

Accessory Maker
mhh it says since 7 days "Unit in testing" is this normal?
They are pretty poor at updating the info once it goes to "Testing" ... my last RMA was "In Testing" for a week past when it was actually shipped (as when I got the shipping confirmation that showed by date that it had actually only been in testing/repair for 1 day)

almost there

They are pretty poor at updating the info once it goes to "Testing" ... my last RMA was "In Testing" for a week past when it was actually shipped (as when I got the shipping confirmation that showed by date that it had actually only been in testing/repair for 1 day)
I'll just be happy to have a working unit, they can worry about these little kinks in their operation once they manage to solve all the other problems with QC. Friday my hopper was acting weaker than usual, was cleaning it and getting ready to send it out Saturday and then guess what happened? It started heating up again :hmm:, this is crazy. Now I'll have to wait till it starts to die again before I send it or they'll just send it back and say they can't reproduce the problem:\. Damn I wish this thing would either work or not so I can stop with all this back and forth, I just want a definitive resolution:disgust:

biohacker

Now I'll have to wait till it starts to die again before I send it or they'll just send it back and say they can't reproduce the problem:\. Damn I wish this thing would either work or not so I can stop with all this back and forth, I just want a definitive resolution:disgust:

Yep, sounds like my internet service provider constantly trying to put the blame on my router and never acknowledge that it's their infrastructure that sucks!

ChooChooCharlie

It goes by several names, but search "debowler."

I'm not a tapper with vapes. Was looking for a digger solution in one tool. At least while home. Ever since I fucked up at that Phil show by not digging out ABV, always dug out with S&B pick usually. Recently I was out and dammit, no digger...tried using my car key, nope, then finally resorted to tapping it. It didn't feel right.

When vaping instead of combusting, some habits are worth unlearning -- Like blowing and tapping to clean out a spent bowl. This is a hard habit to break. But, then again, aren't they all?!

biohacker

This is a hard habit to break. But, then again, aren't they all?!

That's awesome man, i'm learning.... that's one thing that perhaps fucked up my GH's, I would always tap the sides. In fact, I was pretty sure there was a blog post or some sort of communication at one point from HL saying to actually tap it against a wooden surface!

That debowler is a must have! :tup:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@biohacker: They definitely recommend tapping the side to empty it. I actually do that myself and I have had relatively good luck with reliability so I don't think that's a big issue but who knows, my experience is only anecdotal. :shrug:

I missed out on a couple of days of this thread and it turned out there was a shitstorm during this time. Lots of talk about sub-par CS, which I've experienced myself.

Also talk about superstition. I'll be the first to admit I'm usually against any "voodoo" when it comes to fixing things. Unfortunately, the Grasshopper is very unreliable, and these voodoo fixes do occasionally work.

As the purveyor of the fixes resource I honestly wish it didn't need to exist. It's not that I mind maintaining it, it's that I wish there wasn't a need in the first place. I am probably looking forward to the day Grasshoppers are considered reliable more than anyone.

That being said, I'm thinking about adding @GreenHopper's "recalibration" trick to the resource. There definitely seems to be an issue where some units aren't heating as much as others.

Top Bottom