Discontinued The Grasshopper

btka

IMMEDIATELY AFTER TURNING ON BLUE LIGHTS NO HEAT!!!

I have read that some members with this problem who filed a warranty and did send their hopper to hl was told that hl could not duplicate their problem and that the gh is working correctly (5 sec. red light and then when reaching temp. blue lights) and that the reason for this is that a pin in the gh backend got back in place while transporting to gh...

so some meber in this theead wrote that they could fix the light problem shaking and tapping the gh gently against table and so...

I tried that and the light problem was solved but the vapor output was very small nearly visible clouds at temp 5.
it seemed like the heat on setting 5 was the same as setting one...

Today before sending in I had again immediately blue lights without heat..
So i tapped the gh gently on my upper leg (the backend part... to get the pin in right position) and it worked again like normal regarding the light pattern .. it also gets hot ... but again the temp on 5 was like on setting one and weak vapor production...

if you have the blue light problem try it for yourself and test if it works like normal (heating up and big clouds on temp 5)
please let me know about your results...

in my opinion if you send it to gh it is impotant to tell them otherwise they only turn on your gh and if the lights work as normal when turning on (5sec. red then blue)( and because of transpotation the pin got in place)... they maybe do not test if the gh works correctly (heating up correctly, producing clouds) and will send it to you back not heating up correctly...

guyonthecouch

I was detailed in my description with the retailer that passed on the message (I believe they are the retail distributor for Canada) to HL, and was informed it's completely normal. I don't care about the flickering blue led, it's the super inconsistent anemic clouds that happen more times than not like some people are complaining about.

But hey, at least I got a screen in my front ends! :rofl:
I don't understand your hesitation in at least contacting(you can email and ask for help without sending in your unit) HL and asking about your anemic situation. Maybe they'll have a fix, or you can get a new part asap. Definitely beats coming on here every other day and claiming that you'll have to sell yours without even trying to warranty them or asking the company if the problem can be fixed. Sorry but I don't get your logic.

Last edited:

biohacker

I don't understand your hesitation in at least contacting(you can email and ask for help without sending in your unit) HL and asking about your anemic situation. Maybe they'll have a fix, or you can get a new part asap. Definitely beats coming on here every other day and claiming that you'll have to sell yours without even trying to warranty them or asking the company if the problem can be fixed. Sorry but I don't get your logic.

Did you not read this?

I have to thank you @MoltenTiger , you've put things in perspective and perhaps I will start badgering and just try to obtain the product that I thought I purchased, instead of just selling at a loss.

Furthermore (as I already mentioned) they said it's "normal", and having TWO like this out of box makes me think that they have a shitload of problems on their hands, and are trying to downplay. I guess I just don't have the confidence that i'll receive them back FIXED, because they "won't be able to replicate the problem". I suppose my motivation is less due to international postal charges, but an RMA is an option. Hope that helps you understand my logic.

PARDON!? How much is your tax? 50%? Or are you living at the south pole for such high shipping cost??

Relax, it's Canadian dollars....not worth much. :lol:

so some meber in this theead wrote that they could fix the light problem shaking and tapping the gh gently against table and so...

What do you hate me now? :rofl:

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
in my opinion if you send it to gh it is impotant to tell them otherwise they only turn on your gh and if the lights work as normal when turning on (5sec. red then blue)( and because of transpotation the pin got in place)... they maybe do not test if the gh works correctly (heating up correctly, producing clouds) and will send it to you back not heating up correctly...

I have to believe that they actually tested mine in a "real world situation" given the fact that my hopper came back with material still in the chamber.

Mr. Me2

The logic is that they said it's "normal", and having TWO like this out of box makes me think that they have a shitload of problems on their hands, and are trying to downplay. I guess I just don't have the confidence that i'll receive them back FIXED, because they "won't be able to replicate the problem". I suppose my motivation is less due to international postal charges, but an RMA is an option. Hope that helps.

What do you hate me now? :rofl:
I still love you, @biohacker !

hell0kitty

PARDON!? How much is your tax? 50%? Or are you living at the south pole for such high shipping cost??

NiDFcJ

Difficult to buy anything with my monopoly board money:2c: lol

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to delete an account? I made a new account "hell0kimchi" because I think I'm clever--I have insufficient funds to post here though:hmm:

Gramin

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think GHL have made a boo boo with my battery order...

I received a text from DHL with tracking details. That package is due next week?

Well I just received another package today unannounced.

Um whoops?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
It's called a Coincidence, so don't look too much into it. I pretty much only use my Hopper with the condom on because it always use it through a water tool. My fourth body is arriving today. I've had the cop lights numerous times. Try not to draw any conclusions without a large sample pool, and I can almost guarantee your Hopper is going to crap out sometime in the next few weeks.

I sent my unit out on Friday and I will receive it today on Thursday making it a Six-Day process from California if anybody is interested.

So my piece of shit Hopper came back from the piece of shit post office. They sent me a piece of shit because this piece of shit turns blue immediately and produces no piece of shit heat. Do they even test these pieces of shit replacement pieces of shit before they send them? Did I mention this product is a piece of shit?

Oh, and I just noticed this piece of shit flashes red once upon power off. CAN THEY JUST MAKE THESE PIECES OF SHIT TO ALL FUNCTION THE SAME? FUCK!!!

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The pin must have shifted during shipping!!!!!!!

I literally am in tears laughing after reading your post!!!! :tup:
I assume you're "talking" to me. Yeah, it seems pretty weak to me as well. We'll see what happens when I get around to following up with them.

Anyway, I'm glad I could provide you with a laugh. Seems like you could really use one after all suffering you've been through.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
I assume you're "talking" to me. Yeah, it seems pretty weak to me as well. We'll see what happens when I get around to following up with them.

Anyway, I'm glad I could provide you with a laugh. Seems like you could really use one after all suffering you've been through.

I actually believe that he was talking to me. Do you even read this shit?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to delete an account? I made a new account "hell0kimchi" because I think I'm clever--I have insufficient funds to post here though:hmm:
Multiple accounts are not allowed on FC. I'll send you a PM.

:peace:

ChooChooCharlie

Can you believe DeNiro agreed to do this shit?

Still loving the TiChillum at home. Get those 30 second draws, easy on lips, easy on draw, big dense clouds. Sometimes forget to turn temp down when using it native, and that's when I stop and think about how well the TiChi works. I can think of a certain FC member who yearns for unbreakable attachments with nicely shaped mouthpieces.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
To add a little bit of positivity to this thread. Mine has been working perfectly with a lot of use the last 4 months(My 1st unit did get the straight to blue failure after 2 weeks of use though).

And what part was replaced, if you don't mind me asking?

Icon13,
Reactions: btka

Pharoh

Well.... I received my Heat treated Titanium GH yesterday......I've been reading about them over the last few years and was intrigued.....I saw the other day that GHL had some custom.pieces and shipping was Immediately.....Long story short.....This device fills the bills....

Gramin

4CLOaNz.jpg

Picked up the perfect size container for my batteries! GHB2 batts are what the GHB1 should have been. Much longer sessions. Will see less thead wear too!

EDIT: literally straight after posting this I went to take a hit and I got my name called up in the lottery! Straight to cop lights.

Interesting it happens same day I started using GHB2 eh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom