Discontinued The Grasshopper

AJS

Calm Consistency
We're getting along nicely so far. eGo case holds everything I need, 2 batts and 1 loaded, two doob tubes for easy loading, GH sleeve, stir tool, and the silicone.
Sq7geHZ.jpg

idQvA7C.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my hopper back with the new battery. Works fine with the GHB2 battery. Guess I'll send in my five GHB1 batteries to see what kind of great excuse they have for why I need to purchase 5 GHB2 batteries.

Here's my mismatched front end if anyone is curious. Sure it isn't the worst ugliest thing ever but when your original lined up perfect and you're sent a replacement for warranty that doesn't really come close it sucks.

qwAAxB.jpg

agGOy8.jpg

Yeah my ss was a poor fit back from its first warranty service, worked fine but not flush at all, so annoying. On second warranty service they replaced it (along with back end and filed back threading) and it is better but still not flush like when it was new... Also don't feel like complaining again, though before it turned out I had to send the whole thing back they were offering to send a spare mouthpiece out. I guess not guarantee it fits, bit not guarantee even if they match it up themselves apparently... Just another day in hopper land, let em know you're not satisfied man and see what they say, good luck!

Just got my used Blue Ti GH! I prepared myself for the worst with this vape in terms of harshness and flavor, and am very impressed so far. I got this for the lower temps, and so far it doesn't seem to be any issue at all with those, 3-3.7 was as far as I've tried so far. It cools off fast enough to where I don't feel I'll need the silicone either, and the flavor was soo potent. Effects are obviously there too.
g04zOQd.jpg

I may or may not have stalked the Mail Man before he even arrived at my house...I predicted it would take him an hour after getting this picture to get to my house ... It took him 20 minutes. Good Mail Man, good.

y7ms9pr.jpg

Can't forget the mandatory video!

They're a good match.

VuZ0n0l.jpg

Haha you stalker! The Lotus actually came today as well, but I can't try it until tomorrow maybe. Worked out perfectly for us!

Glad you're enjoying it as I knew you would, Ti definitely is a bit better with the heat, if only slightly, especially below level 4. Check out below 3 though, fun low low temps with nice uplifting effects even at the lowest. Temp stepping I'd go through em by 0.5 or 0.75 and it is pretty neat to have that level of control.

Nice with the case too, I've got one those that I use for Milaana or stems/herbs/accessories usually and the small version for GH (just barely fits, herbs need to be separate though). So you're keeping the tassle on the sleeve for now? To each his own! lol I'd just tuck in the metal part at least so it doesn't knock into the tip of the hopper. For anyone wondering that sleeve comes with the xvape Muse, as I posted a photo of a couple pages ago with my SS.

Ah you've got a VapMan too huh? Another stalwart on my analog vape wishlist... At least I can cross Lotus off now though!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Nice with the case too, I've got one those that I use for Milaana or stems/herbs/accessories usually and the small version for GH (just barely fits, herbs need to be separate though). So you're keeping the tassle on the sleeve for now? To each his own! lol I'd just tuck in the metal part at least so it doesn't knock into the tip of the hopper. For anyone wondering that sleeve comes with the xvape Muse, as I posted a photo of a couple pages ago with my SS

Lol, I like it! I did want to tuck it under but it looked good for the pic, haha!
Can't believe the Lotus already arrived! That's surprising.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
After much testing I have to say my stainless steel and titanium unit offer virtually identical performance. Anyone concerned about vapor production would be fine with either model.

I'm still not sure which one I prefer. My instinct is the Ti because of the lighter weight and smoother temp dial. But the threads are rougher and the texture doesn't feel as good. It's hard to describe, it almost feels sticky. I wonder if the color models share the same tackiness. I know it's not just me or my skin because when using the leather sleeve it's harder to put the Ti into it and take it out than it is with the SS.

The SS Grasshopper is a fantastic vape either way. It's the one I'm most familiar with and it's probably the best value overall. I'm not sure the Ti's advantages are worth the extra cost, especially when factoring in the disadvantages.

I'm glad I have two, and if I'm going to have two, I might as well have one of each. If they reduced the weight in the next version of the Grasshopper, I would go SS all the way. The current SS isn't necessarily heavy, but it is noticeably heftier than a pen. The Ti shaves off just enough weight to make it feel completely different than the SS and more like a pen in my opinion.

MoltenTiger

Wait a sec... is that a good thing? :D
I've always been among the "timid"; I'd get sick if I drank what most people don't even consider a buzz, and smoked weed with the trepidation of inevitable paranoia or anxiety attacks. Vaping changed all that, and it's been 4 years of almost daily medication and life has never been better.

I can really appreciate now, though, the different levels of getting baked that an individual prefers, because the me that I am now is "the serious abuser" I would've called myself back then.

This is a blessed plant. Any of you seen the Viceland Weediquette promotions?

That's one of those things open for interpretation after trying ;)
It's far more pleasant than the vertigo from drinking too much, and I guess tolerance levels are just as relevant there. If you give a walrus hit to someone without tolerance, they will break out in sweat like they just had a dab. For me, last nights instance was particularly strong as I was saving my nicest bud for the time. I have been vaping on some okay but not great bud leading up to it. The difference is very noticeable, you need so little A grade in the hopper. Like 1/4 as much. Having twice as much, and all at once definitely has a royal kick to it. As strong as it is, I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. Quite the opposite.

It really is a blessed plant! Saturating cannabinoid receptors like above definitely feels powerful too, and because it is such a familiar and enjoyable sensation to me, the hopper would have to be the best way to consume I've tried with its speed and ability.
I'm a big fan of Vice's media too, though I am a bit out of date with keeping up with their releases. I watched a lot last year.

MoltenTiger

After much testing I have to say my stainless steel and titanium unit offer virtually identical performance. Anyone concerned about vapor production would be fine with either model.

I'm still not sure which one I prefer. My instinct is the Ti because of the lighter weight and smoother temp dial. But the threads are rougher and the texture doesn't feel as good. It's hard to describe, it almost feels sticky. I wonder if the color models share the same tackiness. I know it's not just me or my skin because when using the leather sleeve it's harder to put the Ti into it and take it out than it is with the SS.

The SS Grasshopper is a fantastic vape either way. It's the one I'm most familiar with and it's probably the best value overall. I'm not sure the Ti's advantages are worth the extra cost, especially when factoring in the disadvantages.

I'm glad I have two, and if I'm going to have two, I might as well have one of each. If they reduced the weight in the next version of the Grasshopper, I would go SS all the way. The current SS isn't necessarily heavy, but it is noticeably heftier than a pen. The Ti shaves off just enough weight to make it feel completely different than the SS and more like a pen in my opinion.
Quality observations.
The coloured Ti has a matte finish, and it feels quite a bit different to my Ti, though similar.
The other plain Ti I got with my pre-order has a glossy finish, and it feels more 'finished' than my plain Ti.
I think the colours are the nicest, but definitely will scuff through time. The plain metal seem more like tools and hold up to the wear of the task at hand better.

I agree with you @MoltenTiger, tolerance has a lot to do with it. It's not uncomfortable to me at all, and I wouldn't do it if it was.

I've only done it a couple times so far, and it was late at night, as medication. The Grasshopper is plenty potent on its own. I don't need more power often, but it's nice to have the option when I do.
It is only something to do when a single hit isn't hitting as hard, or if you want to get properly immobilised. If we were to do it often, our tolerances would catch up pretty quick.
The cloud density is insane and the air resistance halves. I'm a big fan of multi-chamber vaping. It also plays a good role in being able to have a full hopper chamber whilst still remaining able to function :p

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been absolutely loving the lower temps. Been starting at 2 and I'm on my way to work (don't usually do this), but the clouds are so blue on exhale and the effects are so noticeably different.

I've had a few scares too, randomly the red lights will turn off as its heating (only happened twice), and earlier today the lights wouldn't come on at all for 2 clicks. Both fixed themselves so no worries.

GH won't pass up my daily driver in terms of use or likeness, but it does everything that I wanted it to do, and very well. I think the biggest downside would be the vapor quality, more specifically in the higher temp ranges. Not as clean as some of the vapes that I've tried, but I didn't get it for the higher temps, so I'm not too concerned.

Not a one vape claim all, but it does pretty much claim the niche.

Edit: might be an issue with the battery. This battery also gets hottish back end while my others stay cool. More testing!

Last edited:

Kalessin

23rpa2c.jpg

Speaking of cloud density, I thought I would catch a glimpse of a scoop of kief ft. Current Kush :ko:
Things like this amaze me. The only glass piece I have is a small knock off pnp hydratube and the few times I've tried it with my Hopper I haven't gotten good results at all, hardly getting any vapor. Even though natively my GH can create huge clouds....some kind of draw restriction issue maybe?...

Kalessin,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Been absolutely loving the lower temps. Been starting at 2 and I'm on my way to work (don't usually do this), but the clouds are so blue on exhale and the effects are so noticeably different.

I've had a few scares too, randomly the red lights will turn off as its heating (only happened twice), and earlier today the lights wouldn't come on at all for 2 clicks. Both fixed themselves so no worries.

GH won't pass up my daily driver in terms of use or likeness, but it does everything that I wanted it to do, and very well. I think the biggest downside would be the vapor quality, more specifically in the higher temp ranges. Not as clean as some of the vapes that I've tried, but I didn't get it for the higher temps, so I'm not too concerned.

Not a one vape claim all, but it does pretty much claim the niche.

Edit: might be an issue with the battery. This battery also gets hottish back end while my others stay cool. More testing!

Yeah, try riding temp 1, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the effects from many hits just there, and also everywhere in between 1 and 2... Ofcourse starting at 2 is faster, that's the way I think of the dial, more like extraction speed for the bowl (though obviously also effect targeting too)

Ah interesting I never paid attention to batteries, but did notice sometimes the back end could be warm, sometimes not. Seems obvious now I should've tested each battery. Welp at least you got a clean one to register with GHL amd maybe they'll just send you a new v2 battery even?

@Kalessin I found the pnwt knockoff I had to perform quite poorly compared to the authentic one I have now, but similarly don't find it great with the Hopper. One great thing about GH is how impressive it is through water, so best to take advantage with a more typical bubbler, a small one, or even a bong really. The cheap glass thread has several options, dhgate sellers like sunshinestore and Kathy are great

today my hopper started tiring itself off while I was using it I was getting good clouds but after 10 seconds it switches off like I'm not drawing On it my mouth piece is blocked tho need to get some iso also it only seemed to do this on one battery any one else had this

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
today my hopper started tiring itself off while I was using it I was getting good clouds but after 10 seconds it switches off like I'm not drawing On it my mouth piece is blocked tho need to get some iso also it only seemed to do this on one battery any one else had this
There is a draw sensor and auto shutoff. If you don't draw hard enough it will turn itself off.

Both of mine seem to require a strong draw to keep it from engaging. When I want to use a slow draw I occasionally do a fast sharp draw to keep it from turning off.

My friend brought over some pretty shatter and I got him to let me take a video while he ripped the hopper with some rolled in cotton. Huge rips every time. Amazing flavor. I think as amazing as it is with herb it's even better with concentrates. He let me take a few dabs and I think I like it more than my enail.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My friend brought over some pretty shatter and I got him to let me take a video while he ripped the hopper with some rolled in cotton. Huge rips every time. Amazing flavor. I think as amazing as it is with herb it's even better with concentrates. He let me take a few dabs and I think I like it more than my enail.
I like to use shatter in the movie theater. It packs the biggest punch for sure. I can just sneak a toke here and there...

There is a draw sensor and auto shutoff. If you don't draw hard enough it will turn itself off.

Both of mine seem to require a strong draw to keep it from engaging. When I want to use a slow draw I occasionally do a fast sharp draw to keep it from turning off.
at first I thought it was I was not drawing hard enough or I was covering a hole restricting air flow but could also be a blocked mouth piece had no problem this morning with a fresh battery

Top Bottom