Discontinued The Grasshopper

Cannabiker

I think any unit that can combust is faulty. Before my last RMA my unit would randomly work and randomly combust. Its fucking horrible. Mine is still working well but what this company offers is not good enough.

My favorite vape, a Silver Surfer desktop, can definitely reach combustion temps. I like that. To produce the best clouds, I want it set at the edge of combustion. I don't know where that edge is if I don't accidentally roast a load now and then.

Wildeyedzan

Heck no it shouldn't ! A properly working hopper at lvl 5 will turn most flower into a dark coffee brown state.
My stainless steel has been going strong for months now ,even after being left in a heavy rain.she stays ticking :love:

Hope everyone out there gets what they deserve from this company. I think it would be safe to say everyone who has experienced s working hopper agrees that its a marvelous machine.
One thing is missing and its something that can applied in all areas of life...

CONSISTENCY :2c::peace:

seriousTone

Oh wow, I never knew that about the grasshopper. That’s actually really goddamn cool and makes me want one even more.

In one hand I wish I would have backed it and gotten one a lot cheaper way back when but on the other hand I’m glad I didn’t because of the problems. But all in all it’s a good thing, for me, that there are problems because I don’t have the money to be buying another vape anyway so..:huh:

seriousTone,

Hammahead

Even at full power there should never be combustion.

That's what they seem to claim but I'm wondering if theyre really in control of the matter.. When I look at ABV from my Crafty, Focus, Arizer EQ and Fenix MIni (HR Fury 1) after using a temp of 210°C, it's looking quite similar: uniformly deepest dark brown and I'm totally sure that if I toked some more or used dryer material (I never vape material with less than 60% humidity) I'd totally burn it. The result looks so uniform with those thbree devices, I'd regard it as a standard.

I had Hoppers in use that would turn the material that super-close-to-combust dark brown at the dial on 5 like the 210° C of the before mentioned devices. Or - as my RMAd Hopper that with the dial set to max would roast to a very light brown, that looks like 180°C ABV of those reference devices. I like it exactly that way, but my neighbour friend likes it a lot darker, as he's generally a smoker. We use one of the am vapes. If I liked to roast just a bit more, I'd consider to re-RMA it. My new bought Last-Generation Hopper does the same at ab. 4ish, and would pre-combust it at full 5. And I'm talking about pretty much the same weed all the time, at a set moisture (I'm using those Boveda packs)

Hammahead,

cgod

Just swapped my Davinci for the updated Grasshoper with another member on here, recognised when I'm going to charge the battery no lights are flashing... any reason for this? Never had this issue when I previously owned a GH

Thebigsmoke

Just swapped my Davinci for the updated Grasshoper with another member on here, recognised when I'm going to charge the battery no lights are flashing... any reason for this? Never had this issue when I previously owned a GH
Hi I have read that the newer ones take a while to start flashing when charging . Or maybe try another plug or your computer or maybe a different battery if you have any.

Thebigsmoke,

Hammahead

recognised when I'm going to charge the battery no lights are flashing...

Hi I have read that the newer ones take a while to start flashing when charging

I can confirm that, the new charger will let the Hopper blink once and then nothing happens for 20-30 secs. I also thought that bugger was broken, and unplugged it. I searched then in this thread and learned about the new charger. Works fine sofar, once you know it. Should have been communicated, but hey, it's Hopper Labs.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Because, it should not combust at the temperatures it's rated for. It overheated. Before I combusted in it... I was using it with a friend. I had packed one last bowl. I clicked it on. Only red, No blue light, and then all of a sudden I started seeing smoke come out of the ventilation holes.

I was like what the fuck. I chalked it up to a fluke and said, maybe I just need to let it cool down, and we will ramp back up. I cleaned up the unit, packed another load, changed battery.

I put it on less than 4 [which I've had my hopper for over a year the original one, and it never combusted, not even on 5], and started pulling. All of a sudden thick thick yellow smoke, and a black charbroiled abv come out of the tube. Everything stunk. It was awful. Especially my house.
That's what would happen to me, I call it incineration rather than combusting. It scared the crap out of me because of how fast it turned that load into complete ash, not just burned herb but grey ash. I don't see how it could even do that. It's nothing like just having it get a little to hot so it burns the herb, it incinerates in a flash.

fogbank

IME when a vape combusts it's not necessarily related to the temp of the load, or even how dark the ABV gets. Picture a particle of weed making it's way through the screen(s) to actually touching the heating element of the Hopper. It would probably combust on contact. Then picture that particle being sucked into the load when you're drawing. If the stars align you would essentially have a glowing ember sucked into your load. If you consider this scenario it's quite possible for the GH to combust a load.

This is all theoretical of course, but it seems possible.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
IME when a vape combusts it's not necessarily related to the temp of the load, or even how dark the ABV gets. Picture a particle of weed making it's way through the screen(s) to actually touching the heating element of the Hopper. It would probably combust on contact. Then picture that particle being sucked into the load when you're drawing. If the stars align you would essentially have a glowing ember sucked into your load. If you consider this scenario it's quite possible for the GH to combust a load.

This is all theoretical of course, but it seems possible.

I’ve had a grasshopper for over a year with frequent usage and never had combustion. My unit now has a runaway heater. Sadly there is nothing more to it.

Rel2018

I emailed them this morning about the shipping time on the spare body I ordered. They responded in less than 5 minutes with an email explaining everything for me and that it would be shipped out this week. So lets see if they hold to that. but with the speed at which they answered my email, I was pleased.

Any news on the spare body part you ordered ?

Rel2018,
Reactions: JCat

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Wow. Just wow. They sent me two broken parts. And now I'm back to the back of the line.

I asked them my turnaround time, they said 2 - 3 months.

What a fucking joke. How is that my fault.

I'll send them a nice note. I mean that is pretty ridiculous.

I'm in a state of shock to be honest. I can't believe what i'm dealing with. They made me buy batteries. The thing didn't even last the trip. That's pretty absurd. And now I gotta pay to send it back. That's also absurd.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
That's a real CS no-go! At least they should privilege your new (old) RMA! "The RMAed piece don't work? Back to start of our waitlist!" WTF? I'd try to force them to handle your RMA privileged.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
That's a real CS no-go! At least they should privilege your new (old) RMA! "The RMAed piece don't work? Back to start of our waitlist!" WTF? I'd try to force them to handle your RMA privileged.

I did. Let's see what they say. I wrote a rather lengthy response to the 2-3 months RMA response. I would honestly copy and paste it, but I don't want to the stir the pot even more. They probably already know who I am, to be frank.

I mean, they saw that when they did right by me, I came in here, and praised the shit out of them.

But this, this is fucking ridiculous.

seriousTone

Wow. Just wow. They sent me two broken parts. And now I'm back to the back of the line.

I asked them my turnaround time, they said 2 - 3 months.

What a fucking joke. How is that my fault.

I'll send them a nice note. I mean that is pretty ridiculous.

I'm in a state of shock to be honest. I can't believe what i'm dealing with. They made me buy batteries. The thing didn't even last the trip. That's pretty absurd. And now I gotta pay to send it back. That's also absurd.
Ah man that’s unfortunate to hear, I can imagine the frustration vividly.

seriousTone,

cgod

Okay, want to see if this is normal now, the GH I just received from a trade has nice taste on the first hit, but by the second or third slowly starts to produce a titanium/metal taste, I'm getting amazing vapor production, even on 1.5 (which was the session I just had) but is this hint of metal taste normal? It's a tad bit bitter

cgod,
Top Bottom