Discontinued The Grasshopper

tr33sPlease

just celebrated 2 years with my Hopper yesterday!

:)

i've been lucky enough to have never experienced any problems with this device since the day i got it. it's been my daily driver and has performed flawlessly. i want people to know that there are 100% functioning Hoppers out there in the wild and inject some positive feedback into this thread. i'm hoping in another year i can report back here with the same good news because i absolutely love this thing and would love to see this company work out their issues and make others as happy as they've made me.

I too celebrated two years a couple of weeks ago. I actually posted something about it on reddit in response to some of the bitching.

Unfortunately, last week I got the flashing lights issue. I avoided posting about my success because I didn’t want to jinx it. I am really sad, because this is truly an amazing vape. I just hope that they can get it back to the reliability that I have enjoyed and get others to that reliability; and the company can have success. They have been so close to that tipping point for all these years. It seems like there are a bunch of two year success stories, so I don’t know what went so well with that batch l, but hopefully with the recent changes that Hopper labs has done that they will make many more reliable devices.

I haven’t sent it in yet, bc it seems like there are really long RMAs and I am trying to decide if I should just get a replacement body and send it in the future. I would just hate to go from what has been a reliable device to the frustrations that others have experienced. Any thoughts here?

I really hope that you do get another year out of yours. I also hope that I am hopping again soon with a reliable device. It was a crazy long wait to get it, but it was totally worth it and I hope that I can get back to hopping reliabily soon.

The only good thing about this is that I am finally getting use out of my Heat Island vape which I got last year, but due to the ease of use of the GH, I haven’t used it that much. It is another great vape!

Wildeyedzan

Well the enano has replaced my hopper...haven't used it in weeks. Now its just sitting in a drawer not doing anything lol. Really feel for those that don't even have a working unit .hopefully that will change ....maybe this year ?? Already half over so who knows

Mr.GoodK@t

Well, I guess there's tens of thousands of Hopper owners who personally never had a problem with their device. Don't get me wrong: I'm pretty sure the EVO is more reliable than the Hopper (as it should be a abt. twice the price) but VDN must have had some sh!tty experiences to take it out of sales.
What would make you think that?

I'd bet my life savings there are not 10k problem free hoppers in the wild.

LOL I don't agree with that statement maybe half or even 70% had some sort of problems

Well the enano has replaced my hopper...haven't used it in weeks. Now its just sitting in a drawer not doing anything lol. Really feel for those that don't even have a working unit .hopefully that will change ....maybe this year ?? Already half over so who knows

No its been out for years now, I totally gave up on it. Enano I kinda loaned mines out I miss it though for micro dosing sometimes the EVO puts me to sleep at 8pm LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Rel2018

Hey guys I have a couple of questions if anyone can help:

1. Did anyone try the Grasshopper with the mini honeystraw ( by nectar ) https://m.dhgate.com/product/fast-d...-with/413598759.html#s1-2-1;coupon|3606718367 ? How do you think that would work ?

2. What’s the name of a good external charger for ghb2, and if there’s a link that would be great

3. Did anyone buy the spare body yet ? My hopper is not giving me the best clouds as it did the first month as well as dark green abv unlike dark brown the first month and I’m wondering if this is the body or back end.

Any help or answer would be appreciated!
Thank you

JCat

Accessory Maker

1. Did anyone try the Grasshopper with the mini honeystraw ( by nectar ) https://m.dhgate.com/product/fast-d...-with/413598759.html#s1-2-1;coupon|3606718367 ? How do you think that would work ?

2. What’s the name of a good external charger for ghb2, and if there’s a link that would be great

3. Did anyone buy the spare body yet ? My hopper is not giving me the best clouds as it did the first month as well as dark green abv unlike dark brown the first month and I’m wondering if this is the body or back end.

Thank you
1. Yes, I believe this will work very well. I've ordered a very similar nectar collector to compliment my Zapubler for travel, and am hoping I will have it in a week or 2 or 3 :)
2. I use the Nitecore D2, and the XTAR ones are fine as well, really any decent 18650 charger should be good for this.
3. Sorry, can't help you there, but it might. Hard to say for sure ... could be back-end too ... I've had so many RMA returns for back-ends and bodies both I've lost count ... I actually lost count quite a while ago ... might be worth a try?? (guess it depends on your financial situation and how well you handle disappointment! :lol: )

MonkeyTime

Thank you
1. Yes, works great, it's the only way I use mine or and about. I have about 5 of the male and female in 14mm and a couple in 18mm for fun, they pair great with a lot of vapes.

2. I'll second what @JCat did and add the Opus BT-3400, it charges everything.

3. Can't help there and refuse to buy more bodies because they can't get this manufactured consistently. I stock up on screens, cooling units, capsules for all my vapes...... they make my life easier or more convenient. I can't stomach buying half of the unit again to keep it working.

Rel2018

1. Yes, I believe this will work very well. I've ordered a very similar nectar collector to compliment my Zapubler for travel, and am hoping I will have it in a week or 2 or 3 :)
2. I use the Nitecore D2, and the XTAR ones are fine as well, really any decent 18650 charger should be good for this.
3. Sorry, can't help you there, but it might. Hard to say for sure ... could be back-end too ... I've had so many RMA returns for back-ends and bodies both I've lost count ... I actually lost count quite a while ago ... might be worth a try?? (guess it depends on your financial situation and how well you handle disappointment! :lol: )

@JCat @MonkeyTime
Thanks for the info guys.

About the nitcore:
what’s the charging time for 2 ghb2 ? I read it can take a while (up to 6 hours ?)

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Welp, I got my replacement body in. Lights flickering like mad. Back end very hot. And definitely unit itself is running very hot.

I’m gonna use it but I’m not happy. Thankfully it wasn’t that expensive when I bought it. But this headache is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Thebigsmoke

Welp, I got my replacement body in. Lights flickering like mad. Back end very hot. And definitely unit itself is running very hot.

I’m gonna use it but I’m not happy. Thankfully it wasn’t that expensive when I bought it. But this headache is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
Wow your not getting any luck at all with these things. I got a replacement unit a few days ago and the lights were flicking like mad and it was heating up just like you described from it's first use. I took the back end off and moved the dail a few times and bluetacked the threads in the body and back end and now it's working great no flicker untill the batterys about to go. Maybe wort a try?

Wildeyedzan

No its been out for years now, I totally gave up on it. Enano I kinda loaned mines out I miss it though for micro dosing sometimes the EVO puts me to sleep at 8pm LMAO
trust me I know how long its been :uhoh:
After 10+ hoppers ,ti and ss, finally found a solid hopper and extra back ends and I'm not even using them anymore. Really feel for those that don't even have 1 working hopper.it truly is a beast of a vape when working ...when is for sure the keyword there:bang::worms::hmm:

snaffle

And is it ok if it’s 2015/2016 model?

That’s mostly what I find

Thanks

I got mine nearly 2 years ago, when I got my grasshopper, so it's probably the "2015/2016 model". But as others have said, any "general purpose" battery charger should do the job, so I'm sure the exact model isn't important.

If I was getting one again I'd probably get the MC2, though, which others here have mentioned, just because it's smaller and can run off USB. But either work great.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok replacement body just combusted a load lmao. This thing is a walking disaster.

I re-opened my RMA. I still haven’t sent my original body back. Let’s see what they say.

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
By the way, as people see in my signature, my hopper was going strong for over a year. No issues. Used a lot. Then bam, all of a sudden, ton of issues. Then they went on replacement hiatus. I waited 6 months. Broken return in 4 days. Then they shipped another replacement part. Got it Thursday evening. Broken by Saturday afternoon.

By the way, as people see in my signature, my hopper was going strong for over a year. No issues. Used a lot. Then bam, all of a sudden, ton of issues. Then they went on replacement hiatus. I waited 6 months. Broken return in 4 days. Then they shipped another replacement part. Got it Thursday evening. Broken by Saturday afternoon.
God that is terrible. Sorry to hear they fucked you so hard. Hope it gets resolved. Thats why I suggested Baron keep his spare in case.

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
It really is disheartening because when it works, it’s choice. I mean it’s essentially a portable cloud Evo. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I saw the thick yellow smoke in my hydratube setup. I was using it hard yesterday, but still, should never combust. My biggest gripe are all these emails about how they improved processes, etc. but apparently it’s worse than ever.

It really is disheartening because when it works, it’s choice. I mean it’s essentially a portable cloud Evo. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I saw the thick yellow smoke in my hydratube setup. I was using it hard yesterday, but still, should never combust. My biggest gripe are all these emails about how they improved processes, etc. but apparently it’s worse than ever.
I think any unit that can combust is faulty. Before my last RMA my unit would randomly work and randomly combust. Its fucking horrible. Mine is still working well but what this company offers is not good enough.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: JCat

seriousTone

I’m curious, why is it faulty if it combusted? Is the grasshopper actually made to never be able to combust? Or the temp setting you were at should never have gotten hot enough to combust, or what?

seriousTone,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I’m curious, why is it faulty if it combusted? Is the grasshopper actually made to never be able to combust? Or the temp setting you were at should never have gotten hot enough to combust, or what?

Because, it should not combust at the temperatures it's rated for. It overheated. Before I combusted in it... I was using it with a friend. I had packed one last bowl. I clicked it on. Only red, No blue light, and then all of a sudden I started seeing smoke come out of the ventilation holes.

I was like what the fuck. I chalked it up to a fluke and said, maybe I just need to let it cool down, and we will ramp back up. I cleaned up the unit, packed another load, changed battery.

I put it on less than 4 [which I've had my hopper for over a year the original one, and it never combusted, not even on 5], and started pulling. All of a sudden thick thick yellow smoke, and a black charbroiled abv come out of the tube. Everything stunk. It was awful. Especially my house.

Top Bottom