1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ssrrosey

ssrrosey Member

Wouldn't recommend a hydotube. There have been concerns that holding the vape upside down leads to vapor condendsing on the internal and leading to failures. Just get a normal glass piece that keeps it oriented up if possible

deadlytoaster and kbrown5523 like this.
  2. bigmouth

bigmouth Well-Known Member

Had a chance to try a Grasshopper for the first time and was surprised how much I liked it. Hits were a little harsh straight from the device. Through water, however, the hits were big, smooth, and flavorful. Very impressive device.

3. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

That's a "Hemper-Sherlock Bubble Rig" that I found on DankGeek.com. Well, not really found, I succumbed to an e-mail sale but what else is new. It's a nifty little fits in the palm of your hand, throw it in bag and take it with you glass piece.
    It's a 14mm joint, takes the hopper with the PFE and I've used it with my vapcaps as well.

I'm very patiently waiting on an electric blue Ti that I purchased, thanks to one of those aforementioned email sales, back in January. I'm glad to read that people are receiving units. They told me mine would be ready soon. Not as soon as they told me, but we know how that goes.

[​IMG]

4. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

That thing is awesome. Perfect size for tucking away in my household. 14mm to 10mm for a vapcap?

JCat, Vapor_Eyes and Cheesequake like this.
  5. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

Finally got a reply to my warranty request after the fifth question mark lol. More of the same but at least they finally replied.

6. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Yes. I posted it in the VC thread as well.
    My nonavongs fit nicely, custom wongs fit, my omni's fit with the fat mouth piece.

KidFated. and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  7. peaceonearth

peaceonearth high since 1968

So they replaced the back end on my 2-year-old ss hopper and now it's awesome. Have had it back for a few days and no way it ever performed this well. Plentiful clouds even at 3, batt life greatly improved, no more hot back end, LED stays solid until battery is actually low. Together with PFE, the experience is greatly improved.

Did have a bit of a scare earlier today when it went directly to blue, but blowing into the holes to dislodge some wayward speck easily resolved it, as I had once read somewhere to do.

It had been so long since using it I had forgotten how freeing this device is! What a happy surprise that it works so well as I had pretty much written it off and moved on, what with all the issues and negative reports. Even when it was on its way back to me, I had planned on it being backup to my Fury 2 when out & about... but now it's the Fury that will be the backup :D

GHL's honest blog post also gives me hope about their future. No offense to their former CS rep, nice person but clearly lacked both organizational and technical skills.... unlike their new rep Drew, who completely rocks. When he took over my ticket he proactively answered questions that had been left unanswered weeks earlier by the former rep, was altogether helpful & professional, and got me back my hopper super-charged.

Here's hoping all hoppers are happily hopping soon. :cheers:
    :peace:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    JoeMama, JCat, seaofgreens and 10 others like this.
  8. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

5 messages since April 4th about changing my address no response to any of them. Lmao.

9. klipsch

klipsch Well-Known Member

I was just browsing grasshoppervape.com and noticed this banner on the homepage:

[​IMG]

This is the first time I've seen a "stubby" mouthpiece... perhaps an early beta unit?

10. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Is that the picture you’re referring to? I don’t see a banner when I visit the site on my iPhone. Your pic looks like the standard mouthpiece, and not the pfe.

Hogni, Vapor_Eyes and newVaper420 like this.
  11. btka

btka Well-Known Member

yes this is an early beta unit as I know (2013)...

12. Cheesequake

Got some amazing bud for the first time in a couple weeks tonight and happy to report that the blue Ti hopper is still a monster. I'm about as high as I can (semi-)comfortably be right now :lol:

Only good thing about not having regular access to good weed.

JCat, peaceonearth, slcbdco and 9 others like this.
  13. sk8man121

sk8man121 Frozen_Vaporent

I just received my two grasshoppers (1 ss 1 blue ti) in the mail after 3 months in warranty repairs. No testing yet, but the heaters appear to be rebuilt (white ceramic under screen looks new to me?) and the back-ends on both are much smoother than in the past (especially the TI).

I would like to clean the chambers, as these were sent in/back without mouthpieces. Is this a) necessary b) safe to swab with iso/water/dry paper towel? The last thing I want to do is wreck these after they've been gone for so long.

14. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Hey, congrats on return of your hoppers!
    For chamber, you can swab with a lightly iso moistened q-tip, hold hopper upside down so none can flow below screen.
    If your back ends are smoother, do you think they were rebuilt/reconditioned, or do you have new serial #'s (i.e., new back ends)?

JoeMama, JCat, Vapor_Eyes and 2 others like this.
  15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

My Ti Bronze went in early Feb for RMA and is still in purgatory as I have mentioned before.

I have seen a couple of folks on VLF comment that their RMA returned unit either did not work or failed again very quickly.

This is only a couple of reports and I have no way to put this in perspective. But for god's sake I hope they aren't doing that again. This was not at all unusual previously and really indicated the insufficiency of their fault detection/isolation built into the device and their test rigs.

If they start shipping repaired units that are non-functional again, I'm afraid there will be no defending them.

However, as I said...this is just a couple of reports and we will have to see in the fullness of time.

16. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Still no answer on mine.

17. deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster Canadian lost in Denmark

How many hits do you guys average from a bowl on the hopper? 4-6 strong hits before the vapor starts to taper off?

My AVB comes out real light brown. Wb you guys?

peaceonearth likes this.
  18. skyvaper

skyvaper Well-Known Member

Not sure how a 3 month rma is ahead of my 5 going on 6 month rma.

19. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

oh yeah .. my SS hopper died like 2-3 weeks ago and not send it in yet :wave:
    "noh hurre herye" I say with my terrible Scottish accent as I breeze through the last 3 pages of posts :lmao:

looks like the same old :shit: and dying for actual fault rate statistics of every hopper produced

like there GOT to be some "use ones or twice" in the months hopper still alive from back in 2015 and that is a large number of their customer base ? or "silicon valley" money holding them afloat ? maybe magic?

well either way the hopper is fantastic and hope it does not join the "discontinued list" :rip:

good luck all and light(or god or whatever) speed to all

20. Wolvey

Wolvey New Member

this is a good device?

TheWhisper likes this.
  21. Rel2018

Rel2018 Member

Seems to me HL should stop production till they are 100% sure they ship perfect new pieces as well as send new hoppers to RMA ( it would be better for the enviroment to have less frustrated people than to save on parts )

I really wanna buy it, just because there’s no other sub for vaping but I’m holding till I hear more positive feedback from people who baught AFTER May 1st and are NOT professional vape reviewers.

Just a thought.

22. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

pfff If 250 bucks is a lot of money for you then pick something safer, if you like vaping and want to try out something kick-ass with a crazy life-time warranty then go for it

I love my hopper and not sure I could find another vape that could replace what it does for me

Cant stop this crazy train
    Click to play YouTube Video

JCat, Hogni, peaceonearth and 2 others like this.
  23. barleecat

barleecat Active Member

Ya I don’t get it at all....:hmm:

Sent mine back November 13th....6 months now :goon: they received it November 20th and I’ve got nothing :bang: Last response was December 28th from Caroline...sent a message May 2nd and still no reply :shrug:

KidFated. and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  24. Wolvey

Wolvey New Member

its cool to buy right now? I see alot of posts of people sending them/waiting to get them back. what the story

Hjalmark likes this.
  25. Cheesequake

If you read the past few pages of this thread and still have questions I'm not sure what to tell you dude.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors