Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hammahead

Can I buy one now with confidence that it will work without driving me crazy? Thanks.

I would like to elaborate what @seaofgreens and @Hjalmark said: I don't think it's the right vape for you right now. Problem is you better expect it not to be super reliable and you better expect it to totally rock your expectations of a small, portable device. It's unrivaled fast action (faster even than a butane vape in my experience), the totally even vaporizing without stirring, the top tier efficacy, great taste and overall brilliance might get you seriously hooked and leave you quite disappointed when it fails. Only if you're willing to face that at one point or another, go ahead and buy one.

JoeMama

Latest from Hopper labs on my RMAs:

"Your Hopper has arrived at The Lab!

Your unit is in the service department queue. We are implementing new testing protocols and bringing more processes in-house for increased quality control. We expect service to be slower than normal during this period if you have a heater or temp sensor issue. However, your Hopper will be returned with new and improved parts.

We are executing this upgrade now in an effort to provide better service and ensure the reliability of all devices. We will send you another update message soon!"

You're a couple weeks late on that :p

The actual latest is that after weeks and weeks of "Just two more weeks guys!" Hopper Labs has said it will be "a few more weeks" before things get moving again.

edit: It blows my mind they're still pulling this shit like 2 years later.

It's too bad that they aren't more transparent (even to the minimal level that they were during their crowdfunding). Regular updates detailing even the barest outline of what they're doing, where they're at, and the roughest timeline would win them a lot of goodwill.

It's been like this from the very beginning; seems as if every single CS response is crafted to say nothing specific. While the language they use seems so "canned" and, I dunno, "politically correct" :shrug:, it belies a certain "Status: All Fucked Up" message at the same time. Like they're always hiding something.

And they probably are. Or, they think we're stupid and they don't need to get deep about their situation with us.

16 months and Ti still running strong :)

You MUST send that hopper back to HL so they can figure out how to make them again!!:rant:

Sonicboom1991

So does the ti version seem to be having less failure rates?

I have a ti one and it's been down over 90% of the time I have had it. It's a real shame as I adore it when it is working, It could be my only vape no problem. I just wish that I could have one that could work for 2-3 months at a time, I would buy a backup one immediately if that was the case. Unfortunately my longest working one was going for two weeks and I have been without it going on two months now waiting on whatever there doing now with the repairs.

balarama

I got two GHs 1,5 years ago in the EU and interestingly both(one for a friend, one for me) had the same issue and stopped working in the same week, mine died in the afternoon on dec 31st, just before starting the new year party :) The problem is the temperature sensor went off and the unit not heating anymore. Going to send them for repair but now I'll need some other vape to use while my GH gets repaired.
Anyone knows how much time they usually need for repairs and shipment to EU, how much time will I be without my unit?
Thinking of getting a used Mighty.

Cheers

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone knows how much time they usually need for repairs and shipment to EU, how much time will I be without my unit?
Currently it's a black hole. No new Hoppers being shipped and no repairs being processed whilst they bring in and set up equipment in their Boulder location. This seems to be taking longer than expected, like 2 months so far. It's anybody's guess when they'll be back on track.
I'd suggest that you just sit on them until HL gets back up.
Other suggestion is to ASAP order a new Mighty, complete with 2 year warranty and the new "20% longer battery life". You will not be disappointed!

balarama

Nooo, really?
Well then it's good thing I still keep them at home, was urging to send them asap but got some other priorities. Now I'm glad I waited a bit more.
The new Mighty you say? Never occured to me there was something new with them, besides a 20%+ battery life is not really necessary for my needs as I got used to vaping with GH's battery. I'm not a heavy vape user.
So I think the regular used Mighty(actually used only few times, so like new) could be a good option until I wait for the GHL guys to set up a new factory.

Cheers

manujoe

I got two GHs 1,5 years ago in the EU and interestingly both(one for a friend, one for me) had the same issue and stopped working in the same week, mine died in the afternoon on dec 31st, just before starting the new year party :) The problem is the temperature sensor went off and the unit not heating anymore. Going to send them for repair but now I'll need some other vape to use while my GH gets repaired.
Thinking of getting a used Mighty.

Cheers
I’m in Ireland and i sent mine in 2nd Sept and got it back 4th October. DOA so they sent me a new one which is still working. All in all 6 weeks without so get a backup vape. The omnivap is good

Sonicboom1991

I’m in Ireland and i sent mine in 2nd Sept and got it back 4th October. DOA so they sent me a new one which is still working. All in all 6 weeks without so get a backup vape. The omnivap is good

That was before the black hole there in now. They have not shipped any repaired hoppers since the first week of November.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Currently it's a black hole. No new Hoppers being shipped and no repairs being processed whilst they bring in and set up equipment in their Boulder location. This seems to be taking longer than expected, like 2 months so far. It's anybody's guess when they'll be back on track.
I'd suggest that you just sit on them until HL gets back up.
Other suggestion is to ASAP order a new Mighty, complete with 2 year warranty and the new "20% longer battery life". You will not be disappointed!
Can’t go wrong with the Mighty, but the Milaana is a good one too.:mmmm:

@ArthurJ Is the J for J-Hook? :lol:

JoeMama

That was before the black hole there in now. They have not shipped any repaired hoppers since the first week of November.

I know. I got lucky.

I sent one of mine in only about a month ago. I haven't even bothered to ask. As long as I have one that's working "well enough"... speaking of which...

The Ti I'm currently using has been requiring the "second click" thing nearly all the time. (if you don't know what this is, then you don't have the issue.... lol... you'd know!).
@MoltenTiger , I'm not sure if it was you from whom I'd heard about the "second click" phenomenon... If not, sorry to wake you :wave:... but I noticed something about the time it takes to go from Red to Blue:

I have to keep the temp on the high side between T4 and T5 to get the performance I used to get. So.... "Second click + High Temp Set" is the "working" operating point character of my Ti, if you will.

I'm actually trying to characterize the thing because I'm curious if this is a common hopper ailment? I can live with it if I know it's not starting to die. It works 'well enough', but I have to use it a particular way. Can anyone relate?

Last thing: Try this at home! You can use a stopwatch, but if you're hopper is like mine, you won't need it; you won't need such tight measurement:

1)
Set your hopper to T5.
Click it ON, and gauge the amount of time it takes to go to Blue.
Turn it OFF.
Let it cool, leave it alone a bit.
(My Hopper: 6 seconds)

2)
Hopper still at T5.
Click it ON and then OFF after 1 mississippi
Click it ON again immediately and measure the time it takes to go to Blue.
(My Hopper: 1 second + 3 seconds = 4 seconds)

See that?!?
:hmm:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nooo, really?
Well then it's good thing I still keep them at home, was urging to send them asap but got some other priorities. Now I'm glad I waited a bit more.
The new Mighty you say? Never occured to me there was something new with them, besides a 20%+ battery life is not really necessary for my needs as I got used to vaping with GH's battery. I'm not a heavy vape user.
So I think the regular used Mighty(actually used only few times, so like new) could be a good option until I wait for the GHL guys to set up a new factory.

Cheers
I meant to suggest that you order 'a' new Mighty, not there is a new model out.

vapviking,

snaffle

It works 'well enough', but I have to use it a particular way. Can anyone relate?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people here can relate ;)

In my case, since getting my first repair a few months ago (where they replaced the backend), things work very well, but the clicker sometimes needs to be pushed to one side for it to stay on. Manageable, and the performance is outstanding. But, it's another little thing to instruct friends on if they use it. Or, better, I just put it in my FC-188 bubbler, turn it on and wait for blue, and then get them to breath in the insane quantities of vapor, clicking off and removing it for them before they faint. I enjoy being a good friend :)

Hammahead

I'm not addressing you personally here, as many user have said similar things, but what seems to be the advantage in not sending in your broken hopper before they start sending out repaired ones again? If it's not working, who else would be able to repair them? My idea is the longer you wait to send it in, the later you will get yours back when its in flow again, as I expect sort of a queue here. And should HL go bancrupt in between and your hopper is lost, what's the deal for those who haven't sent theirs in? Maybe owning a very fierce Kubutan?

biohacker

And should HL go bancrupt in between and your hopper is lost, what's the deal for those who haven't sent theirs in? Maybe owning a very fierce Kubutan?

:rofl::lmao:

I can't even believe the shit HL are pulling after all of these years!

So what about the limited release electric blue and rose that are "available"? Old stock? Or just a carrot dangle? :hmm:

Top Bottom